Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,790 members, 7,820,774 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### - Phones (199) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### (301084 Views)

Xiaomi Thread Deleted / Strange Behavior From China Phones Help / See How To Activate MTN 100% Double Data Bonus Without Tweaking IMEI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) ... (266) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by toniotonero(m): 1:01pm On Jul 31, 2020
Olamyyde:
This is the craziest battery drain I've ever seen on MIUI.

This miui12 beta eu wants to finish me oo.

From 70%-55% and I was asleep. I'm struggling to reach 7 hrs SOT on rn8
Lol.. i experience same but on Revos miui 12 port, d ba3 drain na vampire, i tear race after 48hrs not bcoz of ba3 drain but d lagging aspect on 3gb ram. if not i would have flashed a kernel dat will reduce d ba3 drain
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by olayinkajnr(m): 1:43pm On Jul 31, 2020
Olamyyde:

Lol. @GrandMufti see. When we dey tell person. He no gree o grin grin

Bro, you can't pass more than 7hrs on that ROM.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 1:47pm On Jul 31, 2020
olayinkajnr:

grin
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Olamyyde(m): 2:02pm On Jul 31, 2020
olayinkajnr:

Chai
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Olamyyde(m): 2:02pm On Jul 31, 2020
toniotonero:

Lol.. i experience same but on Revos miui 12 port, d ba3 drain na vampire, i tear race after 48hrs not bcoz of ba3 drain but d lagging aspect on 3gb ram. if not i would have flashed a kernel dat will reduce d ba3 drain
Which kernel do you advice for best performance on miui roms?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 2:43pm On Jul 31, 2020
Olamyyde:

Which kernel do you advice for best performance on miui roms?

It's device dependent. Check your device's telegram group
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Olamyyde(m): 2:55pm On Jul 31, 2020
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Olamyyde(m): 2:57pm On Jul 31, 2020
GrandMufti:

It's device dependent. Check your device's telegram group
I thought he uses rn8. I'm on my device telegram group. I'll check.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Reddington(m): 3:15pm On Jul 31, 2020
Olamyyde:

Been using Xiaomi.eu for over a year now... Never seen anything like this. From your screenshots, it is apparent that something has been keeping your phone "awake" even when it should be "sleeping", hence the battery drain.. Probably a combination of core system apps.. Not sure. Wait for stable builds if a standard wipe, reinstallation or reboot doesn't solve your problem.....or..... you can join the AOSP wagon.. It's a pretty popular wagon, by the way!grin

That said, going through some replies after your post, I found it utterly hilarious that some persons have chosen to take this personal given our earlier disagreements on ROM superiority... Another bold testament that some people badly need to grow up, on a more serious note.

Xiaomi.eu remains the most stable & cleanest ROM ever!; that's not my opinion only; it is the opinion of hundreds of thousands of users worldwide. Can't wait for the next stable build.. I refresh links twice a day in sheer anticipation grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Olamyyde(m): 3:51pm On Jul 31, 2020
Reddington:

Been using Xiaomi.eu for over a year now... Never seen anything like this. From your screenshots, it is apparent that something has been keeping your phone "awake" even when it should be "sleeping", hence the battery drain.. Probably a combination of core system apps.. Not sure. Wait for stable builds if a standard wipe, reinstallation or reboot doesn't solve your problem.....or..... you can join the AOSP wagon.. It's a pretty popular wagon, by the way!grin

That said, going through some replies after your post, I find it utterly hilarious that some persons have chosen to take this personal given our earlier disagreements on ROM superiority... Another bold testament that some people badly need to grow up, on a more serious note.

Xiaomi.eu remains the most stable & cleanest ROM ever!; that's not my opinion only; it is the opinion of hundreds of thousands of users worldwide. Can't wait for the next stable build.. I refresh links twice a day in sheer anticipation grin
Thanks a lot sire. I really want to understand how 15% could be drained when the phone was idle. I will update it later.

As for AOSP roms, the number of complaints and problems I see on xda really scares me. Almost all of them have a major bug on rn8.

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by toniotonero(m): 4:01pm On Jul 31, 2020
Olamyyde:

oh sorry i didn't state my device RN5,
Abeg no vex
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Jemerson: 4:05pm On Jul 31, 2020
Olamyyde:

Thanks a lot sire. I really want to understand how 15% could be drained when the phone was idle. I will update it later.

As for AOSP roms, the number of complaints and problems I see on xda really scares me. Almost all of them have a major bug on rn8.

Until you try a ROM yourself, you'll not know if it's buggy. Just like the way you found out about eu ROM.

And who still visits XDA for ROM review when there's telegram?

Let me tell you one secret, MIUI roms face minor bugs each time they release a MIUI version, like MIUI 11 to MIUI 12. It'll take like 6 months before bugs finally gets stable. This is the same for all MIUI roms.

Aosp roms also face bugs when android version gets upgraded, like pie to Q. It takes a while to get stable.

So your best bet is to pick an aosp ROM and wait till MIUI is stable. Even when stable MIUI is released, wait and read reviews.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 4:08pm On Jul 31, 2020
Olamyyde:

Someone talked about rn8 few pages back. You can check

Chat me on telegram t3lok3
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 4:09pm On Jul 31, 2020
toniotonero:

oh sorry i didn't state my device RN5,
Abeg no vex

So which ROM you go flash next? grin
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 4:11pm On Jul 31, 2020
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Reddington(m): 5:06pm On Jul 31, 2020
Olamyyde:

Although I'm yet to spot a single bug in my virtually two years of using Xiaomi.eu, most custom roms have bugs which are inherent of their respective rom bases. But Aosp-based roms are evidently buggier.

Since the creation of this thread, people have been dropping loads and loads of bug reports. I've equally seen several complaints on different threads online and on Telegram. In most cases, people still come back to Miui. My brother's friend left AOSP November last year after his frustrations with AEX.. He used to love the rom until the rom decided to barb im head grin

Most AOSP roms are far more customizable than miui-based ROMS which explains why lots of persons go for it despite a slightly poorer battery backup. Some of them are quite okay for daily driver TBH. Users endure painful bugs of different forms, but will keep mute about it, just for bragging rights and customization.

In the end tho, everything is down to your stroke. Customization over stability ? The decision is yours bro. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by busuyi44: 5:25pm On Jul 31, 2020
Barka da Sallah

Olayinkajnr don't 4get to send d Sallah ram meat across. Edo guys must not chop it alone

1 Like

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by Rexraph18(m): 8:55pm On Jul 31, 2020
Pls guys I need link to better gcam for redmi note 7.. abeg urgent so I fit download this night
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 9:14pm On Jul 31, 2020
Rexraph18:
Pls guys I need link to better gcam for redmi note 7.. abeg urgent so I fit download this night

Telegram @RedmiNote7Photography
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by toniotonero(m): 12:38am On Aug 01, 2020
GrandMufti:

So which ROM you go flash next? grin
Lol.. i never knw sef, but I fit leave ion bcoz i no gbadun d ba3 back up
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by toniotonero(m): 12:39am On Aug 01, 2020
busuyi44:
Barka da Sallah

Olayinkajnr don't 4get to send d Sallah ram meat across. Edo guys must not chop it alone
ROM?
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 2:03am On Aug 01, 2020
toniotonero:

Lol.. i never knw sef, but I fit leave ion bcoz i no gbadun d ba3 back up

Lol..Na to build your own rom
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by busuyi44: 6:30am On Aug 01, 2020
toniotonero:

ROM?

Miui 10.9.8.29 Beta ROM on Mi Pad 4.
Home screen set up was done with Nova launcher, Gradion icons pack, WallRod wallpaper app and Andromeda kwgt widget 005

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by busuyi44: 6:44am On Aug 01, 2020
Just 2% battery drain in idle/flight mode for two consecutive nights. Seems like Masik P 15 on Raphael Mi 9t Pro is battery friendly.
Olamyyde

Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by eby001(m): 7:44am On Aug 01, 2020
busuyi44:
Just 2% battery drain in idle/flight mode for two consecutive nights. Seems like Masik P 15 on Raphael Mi 9t Pro is battery friendly.
Olamyyde
Nice, last time I experience such was on miui10
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 7:53am On Aug 01, 2020
busuyi44:
Olamyyde

Try it without airplane mode grin that's how it's done
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by nani667: 8:31am On Aug 01, 2020
busuyi44:
Olamyyde

It is Airplane mode... The results you got is to be expected... You can Try without airplane mode to know if it is really battery friendly
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by olayinkajnr(m): 9:21am On Aug 01, 2020
busuyi44:
Olamyyde

I've never experienced idle battery drain on any ROM I'm on. Even if I leave it for 2 days without pressing it and without turning Airplane mode on.
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by toniotonero(m): 9:43am On Aug 01, 2020
GrandMufti:

Lol..Na to build your own rom
Just name am Grand rom e go dy alright grin
miui stock rom na still d best rom & e clean die, just say na ojukokoro dy worry us unto customization
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 9:51am On Aug 01, 2020
toniotonero:

Just name am Grand rom e go dy alright grin
miui stock rom na still d best rom & e clean die, just say na ojukokoro dy worry us unto customization

Lol. I have been away from MIUI since 2018 and I don't think it's changing anytime soon.

I just want to use my phone the way I want without limitations. It's not necessarily about customisation.

If you want clean ROM without customisation, try lineage OS
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by GrandMufti: 9:53am On Aug 01, 2020
olayinkajnr:

I've never experienced idle battery drain on any ROM I'm on. Even if I leave it for 2 days without pressing it and without turning Airplane mode on.

E clear say some persons no Sabi use phone cheesy

The same ion wey me dey use, person dey complain of drain
Re: ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### by busuyi44: 9:58am On Aug 01, 2020
nani667:

It is Airplane mode... The results you got is to be expected... You can Try without airplane mode to know if it is really battery friendly
Bro, u don't want me to enjoy my sleep?

(1) (2) (3) ... (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) ... (266) (Reply)

Tecno N7 5" Android Phone / List Of WAP Sites You Know / Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.