Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,215 members, 7,953,795 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:40 AM

Devil For A Husband - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Devil For A Husband (14485 Views)

A Husband's Secret (married To A Cheetah) / The Devil In The Suit / The Handsome Devil I Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Devil For A Husband by frankgreat(m): 7:08am On Sep 04, 2018
Sad for both of them though...they both called for it and they got what they asked for..
Re: Devil For A Husband by roniex2(f): 7:16am On Sep 04, 2018
Episode Finale.

I stared at the Judge defiantly, never breaking eye contact. He held my gaze for a long time.
His old eyes had definitely witnessed many murderers and so he didn’t show any glimmer of emotion. His face was just blank and expressionless. I wondered if my lawyer who just presented through to him at all. He seemed like a hard nut, never shaken.

I looked back and saw Sophia, My dad and my late husband’s parents. The gateman who also testified against me that he saw me murder my husband with my own hands too was seated uneasily, not wanting to meet my gaze for a second. “Stephanie Cole” The judge started.
“You are charged with murder of Austin Richard Cole on the 25th of September 2016.

How do you plead?” His voice came like the drone of a fly.

“Guilty” I said, narrowing my eyes as tears fell from them. I looked at Sophia but even my bestfriend wasn’t able to look into my eyes. I was now on my own, with my own cross to carry.

A bead of sweat rolled down my lawyer’s neck, before disappearing beneath his collar. I looked at the other lawyer hired by Austin’s family prosecuting, he looked indifferent.

The judge cleared his throat

“Because of your admittance, your sentence will be less harsh, though the crime you just committed is unforgivable” He said, adjusting his shirt which his heavy fat tummy pushed against the buttons.

“You, Stephanie Cole, for the deeds you have done, shall be sentenced to ten years imprisonment till you reach the age of thirty-four, then you will be hanged until death. I rise” “Court!” .....

THE END.

Dedicated to all the ladies out there who went through hell all in the name of Love, infatuation or obsession. To all going through rejection now by the one you love or you think you love, please move on if after trying your best you are still rejected. Chin up, chest out and let go.

PLEASE, I DON’T REALLY BELIEVE YOU CAN CHANGE THE FEELINGS OF SOMEONE WHO DOESN’T LOVE YOU. DON’T THINK MARRIAGE, PREGNANCY OR EMOTIONAL BLACKMAIL CAN. JUST MOVE ON AND AVOID UNNECESSARY DRAMA!

1 Like

Re: Devil For A Husband by roniex2(f): 7:17am On Sep 04, 2018
Another story coming up soon guys...
Re: Devil For A Husband by Abelranking: 7:25am On Sep 04, 2018
Nice story, pls mention my username when u start another

roniex2:
Another story coming up soon guys...
Re: Devil For A Husband by okeyfineboy(m): 7:41am On Sep 04, 2018
You did a nice job but I feel your ending was rushed or you didn't do enough research. When a case like this is presented in court, the lady can plead self defence and even if she pleads guilty, her lawyer can put up a good case with evidence that his client was badly battered/raped and had killed her husband out of self defence. Her lawyer wasn't a good one. According to the story, she was badly hurt/raped and was slipping into unconsciousness before she gathered her last strength to go pick a knife, all this will taken into consideration. It's now left for the Judge to decide if it's self defence or not and what her punishment/sentence will be based on evidence/witness account. I feel the court section was too straight.

The most important thing though is the message, which was passed very well. I really don't understand why someone will want to force his or her love on another and expect the person to reciprocate. People continually make this mistake. To all the Stephanie out there, I hope you learn from this wonderful piece.

1 Like

Re: Devil For A Husband by roniex2(f): 9:31am On Sep 04, 2018
okeyfineboy:
You did a nice job but I feel your ending was rushed or you didn't do enough research. When a case like this is presented in court, the lady can plead self defence and even if she pleads guilty, her lawyer can put up a good case with evidence that his client was badly battered/raped and had killed her husband out of self defence. Her lawyer wasn't a good one. According to the story, she was badly hurt/raped and was slipping into unconsciousness before she gathered her last strength to go pick a knife, all this will taken into consideration. It's now left for the Judge to decide if it's self defence or not and what her punishment/sentence will be based on evidence/witness account. I feel the court section was too straight.

The most important thing though is the message, which was passed very well. I really don't understand why someone will want to force his or her love on another and expect the person to reciprocate. People continually make this mistake. To all the Stephanie out there, I hope you learn from this wonderful piece.

Aww Thanks for this comment.
It wasn't a case of self defense tho as she went ahead and killed him AFTER the beating ended. It was not during.
With the celebrity status of the deceased involved, she would definitely have gone to jail.
This isn't the best ending for it but yeah I am glad the message has been passed across as this is a true life story of a close friend(Just that she was sentenced to a few years imprisonment)
Re: Devil For A Husband by sunnyeinstein(m): 11:11am On Sep 04, 2018
roniex2:

It wasn't a case of self defense tho as she went ahead and killed him AFTER the beating ended. It was not during.
With the celebrity status of the deceased involved, she would definitely have gone to jail.
This isn't the best ending for it but yeah I am glad the message has been passed across as this is a true life story of a close friend(Just that she was sentenced to a few years imprisonment)

Wow wow wow shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Devil For A Husband by okeyfineboy(m): 1:11pm On Sep 04, 2018
roniex2:

Wow! I never knew it was a true life story.

Of course, it's not self defence but her lawyer didn't try at all. He didn't do a good job. She would have still been convicted but at least he should have put up a good case.

I feel sorry for her, but truth be told, she put herself in that condition. You know what I like about the story? It didn't end up the way most people thought it would. This is reality, in fairy tales, her husband would most probably have fallen for her but this is no fairy tale. Great story, thumbs up.

2 Likes

Re: Devil For A Husband by Ann2012(f): 3:12pm On Sep 04, 2018
Interesting and educative!!!

Well done dear
Re: Devil For A Husband by roniex2(f): 3:26pm On Sep 04, 2018
https://www.nairaland.com/4714544/yes

Link to the new novel.
Title: Yes I do

See you there!
Re: Devil For A Husband by excelmerry: 4:23pm On Sep 04, 2018
Weldone roniex2. Felt sorry for Stephanie though. I feel a life imprisonment sentence would hv bn more appropriate instead of a death sentence..#harsh. However, the message was clear thru nd thru. Weldone!!

1 Like

Re: Devil For A Husband by Flaame(m): 12:02pm On Sep 05, 2018
roniex2:
Coming soon...
Dear Roniex2,I meant to write you earlier but i have been busy. How are you dear? Well,I just want to commend your writing prowess.I mean you are good at it,keep it up. Have been following up your story like....'Devil for a husband'. It is really a nice story. I think you can or may may want to make money out of writing movie scripts for sale. Keep it up once again.
Re: Devil For A Husband by skubido(m): 12:29pm On Sep 05, 2018
hmmmmm, very very interesting.

God will continue to increase your wisdom..

tanks a lot for this wonderful story
Re: Devil For A Husband by roniex2(f): 1:16pm On Sep 05, 2018
Flaame:
Dear Roniex2,I meant to write you earlier but i have been busy. How are you dear? Well,I just want to commend your writing prowess.I mean you are good at it,keep it up. Have been following up your story like....'Devil for a husband'. It is really a nice story. I think you can or may may want to make money out of writing movie scripts for sale. Keep it up once again.

Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Devil For A Husband by roniex2(f): 1:17pm On Sep 05, 2018
skubido:
hmmmmm, very very interesting.

God will continue to increase your wisdom..

tanks a lot for this wonderful story

Amen. Thank you
Re: Devil For A Husband by Flaame(m): 3:57pm On Sep 05, 2018
roniex2:

Thank you!
How do you get to upload topics? How can I?
Re: Devil For A Husband by uchedora(f): 8:34am On Sep 06, 2018
okeyfineboy:

Of course, it's not self defence but her lawyer didn't try at all. He didn't do a good job. She would have still been convicted but at least he should have put up a good case.

I feel sorry for her, but truth be told, she put herself in that condition. You know what I like about the story? It didn't end up the way most people thought it would. This is reality, in fairy tales, her husband would most probably have fallen for her but this is no fairy tale. Great story, thumbs up.
[color=]
okeyfineboy:

[/color]
okeyfineboy:

I concur,it's not a fairy tale
Re: Devil For A Husband by Nobody: 10:15am On Sep 06, 2018
The end was painful though. One major lesson I've learned here is to never be too desperate for a man who doesn't fancy you. The end product could be bitter. Good work Roniex2, it was short and interesting. Please mention me when you're starting a new story, thank you.
Re: Devil For A Husband by rachealfst(f): 7:06pm On Sep 06, 2018
Thanks for sharing this lessons- filled piece. I believe we've all learned one lesson or the other especially ladies. God bless you, more grace and inspiration in Jesus name.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Young Nigerian Poets You Should Be Reading In 2017. / The Contract By Melanie Moreland / 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.