Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

IG Orders SARS Operatives To Wear Uniform For Identification - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IG Orders SARS Operatives To Wear Uniform For Identification (25202 Views)

Protest: IG Orders Watertight Security Nationwide / Police IG Orders Arrest Of Senator Abbo, His Orderly Over Assault On Sales Girl / Suspend The Handover To Egbetokun New IG Orders Omohimi Edgal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

IG Orders SARS Operatives To Wear Uniform For Identification by iGist: 4:09am On Aug 25, 2018
GistMore.com

The Inspector-General of Police, Mr .Ibrahim Idris, has ordered members of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad to wear police uniforms with full identification, pending the launch of new FSARS uniform.

The force Spokesman, Acting Deputy Commissioner of Police, Jimoh Moshood, who indicated this in a statement in Abuja on Friday, said Idris gave the order at a meeting with critical stakeholders, News Agency of Nigeria reported.

Moshood said that Idris was represented by the Deputy Inspector-General of police in Charge of Operations, Mr. Habila Joshak.

He said that the meeting was convened to brief the stakeholders on the progress made so far in the overhaul of the SARS, now known as Federal SARS.

The Police boss said that the overhaul of SARS was beyond rhetoric as strategic reforms were being implemented.

He said that the FSARS operatives had been ordered to desist from attending to civil or commercial matters henceforth and focus strictly on armed robbery and kidnapping cases only.

According to Moshood, the Commissioner of Police in charge of FSARS, Mr. Habiru Gwandu, informed the meeting that a human rights desk had been created in the 36 states of the federation and FCT.

He said that the desks would address cases of infractions against members of the public by FSARS personnel across the nation.

Gwandu added that the Police had engaged the services of psychologists and counsellors in the ongoing screening of FSARS operatives.

On his part, the DCP in charge of the I-G’s X-Squad, Amaechi Elumelu, said in the statement that the screening and mobilisation of FSARS oeratives would not be business as usual again.

He said that FSARS operatives would undergo thorough rigorous orientation including human rights training among other screening processes.

Elumelu said that the IG would soon unveil the Custody Records Management System.

He explained that this system would contain the records of arrests, detentions and welfare details of suspects.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/punchng.com/ig-orders-sars-operatives-to-wear-uniform-for-identification/amp/

4 Likes

Re: IG Orders SARS Operatives To Wear Uniform For Identification by iGist: 4:09am On Aug 25, 2018
Re: IG Orders SARS Operatives To Wear Uniform For Identification by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:10am On Aug 25, 2018
Good DEVELOPMENT

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IG Orders SARS Operatives To Wear Uniform For Identification by Baawaa(m): 4:16am On Aug 25, 2018
Yes,it is no more news because they've started wearing the police uniforms grin grin
No more SARS shakara grin grin grin grin

55 Likes

Re: IG Orders SARS Operatives To Wear Uniform For Identification by adewumiopeyemi(m): 5:18am On Aug 25, 2018
Good development but they stil harrase one of my friend yesterday.. undecided

7 Likes

Re: IG Orders SARS Operatives To Wear Uniform For Identification by Nobody: 5:24am On Aug 25, 2018
adewumiopeyemi:
Good development but they stil harrase one of my friend yesterday.. undecided

Where and how? More details please.

6 Likes

Re: IG Orders SARS Operatives To Wear Uniform For Identification by Macopol01(m): 7:41am On Aug 25, 2018
ME RIGHT NOW TO SARS grin

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IG Orders SARS Operatives To Wear Uniform For Identification by SolutionMee: 7:57am On Aug 25, 2018
That's quite unnecessary

Even if they are unclad

We Nigerians will always obey them

They gat our solidarity

We gat their protection

Every upright, legitimate, respectful, decent, obedient and hardworking Nigerians love SARS

Only the criminal minded doesn't

And all over the world, there has never been peace for the wicked

Today is my 5th day in Nigeria ever since I came for a vacation and I have never been harassed by any SARS or whatsoever

Instead, they gave me accurate directions when needs be, tell me more about Nigeria and the role of police in it, gist and laugh with me and even went as far as asking me what I brought for them from Abroad

I was highly impressed

So I gave them a riffle and a cane to beat the hell out of every stubborn Nigerian and continue the good work they've started

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IG Orders SARS Operatives To Wear Uniform For Identification by EvilMetahuman: 8:47am On Aug 25, 2018
That doesn't sound like a good idea.. identity of Sars operatives should be concealed and made to fight what they were created for instead of doing check points up and down and looking for Yahoo boiz.

I wonder why reforming the police is such a rocket science for these people.

Sars is like swat team in USA. Police only use swat team in USA when it involves robbery or serious gun violence like terrorists attack, hostage situations..

You won't just see them on the road harassing motorists or anyone with tattoo. That's the job of regular non threatening police.
They invade houses after serious intelligence gathering and the suspect is in particular building.

Why is that so hard for this useless transmission IG to do that he keeps coming up with useless idea for something in front of him?

87 Likes 8 Shares

Re: IG Orders SARS Operatives To Wear Uniform For Identification by Nawteemaxie(m): 9:35am On Aug 25, 2018
SolutionMee:
That's quite unnecessary

Even if they are unclad

They gat our solidarity

We gat their protection

Every upright, legitimate, respectful, decent, obedient and hardworking Nigerians love SARS

Today is my 5th day in Nigeria ever since I came for a vacation and I have never been harassed by any SARS or whatsoever

Instead, they gave me accurate directions when needs be, tell me more about Nigeria and the role of police in it, gist and laugh with me and even went as far as asking me what I brought for them from Abroad

I was highly impressed

So I gave them a riffle and a cane to beat the hell out of every stubborn Nigerian and continue the good work they've started

72 Likes

Re: IG Orders SARS Operatives To Wear Uniform For Identification by Macopol01(m): 9:36am On Aug 25, 2018
So this man mean am angry

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: IG Orders SARS Operatives To Wear Uniform For Identification by maberry(m): 9:36am On Aug 25, 2018
A step in the right direction
If only it would be enforced
It's time to curb this SARS nuisance once and for all

3 Likes

Re: IG Orders SARS Operatives To Wear Uniform For Identification by davillian(m): 9:36am On Aug 25, 2018
They know they are doing the wrong thing, that's why when you bring out your camera phone they can shoot you.
They should screen them for drugs and alcohol .

5 Likes

Re: IG Orders SARS Operatives To Wear Uniform For Identification by Hundredpopo: 9:36am On Aug 25, 2018
Good move
Re: IG Orders SARS Operatives To Wear Uniform For Identification by Ijaya123: 9:37am On Aug 25, 2018
Right step in the right direction.

By extension, the whole Nigerian Police need to be reformed, from top to bottom. And the kind of training they give those guys need to be reviewed.

It is not just enough to train a guy how to use a gun, training of the mind is of more importance.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IG Orders SARS Operatives To Wear Uniform For Identification by Sirpaul(m): 9:37am On Aug 25, 2018
Good Move!... with Tag pls

1 Like

Re: IG Orders SARS Operatives To Wear Uniform For Identification by Nobody: 9:38am On Aug 25, 2018
Ijaya123:
Right step in the right direction
Sirpaul:
Good Move!... with Tag pls
Re: IG Orders SARS Operatives To Wear Uniform For Identification by SwaGUnLimiTeD(m): 9:38am On Aug 25, 2018
Z
Re: IG Orders SARS Operatives To Wear Uniform For Identification by wezzyjasified(m): 9:38am On Aug 25, 2018
Good move. So we'll see their name. They also dress like tout.

1 Like

Re: IG Orders SARS Operatives To Wear Uniform For Identification by dannywest: 9:38am On Aug 25, 2018
But the officers don’t listen to IG.

1 Like

Re: IG Orders SARS Operatives To Wear Uniform For Identification by geezynoni: 9:38am On Aug 25, 2018
SolutionMee:
That's quite unnecessary

Even if they are unclad

They gat our solidarity

We gat their protection

I was highly impressed

Congratulations
Re: IG Orders SARS Operatives To Wear Uniform For Identification by Bossontop(m): 9:39am On Aug 25, 2018
undecided
Nice
Re: IG Orders SARS Operatives To Wear Uniform For Identification by Eponyeeboz: 9:40am On Aug 25, 2018
Sars is a good initiative but the problem stems from leadership.

When the head is bad, the followers would be terrible. They should disband Sars and let a police tactical unit handle robbery and violent crimes. All former Sars operatives should be sent to Borno to fight boko rams.

3 Likes

Re: IG Orders SARS Operatives To Wear Uniform For Identification by SwaGUnLimiTeD(m): 9:40am On Aug 25, 2018
SolutionMee:
That's quite unnecessary

Even if they are unclad

They gat our solidarity

We gat their protection

I was highly impressed

I hope this is Sarcasm undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IG Orders SARS Operatives To Wear Uniform For Identification by PRINCEVICKEY: 9:40am On Aug 25, 2018
SolutionMee:
That's quite unnecessary

Even if they are unclad

They gat our solidarity

We gat their protection

I was highly impressed

I KNOW U R HIGH ON CODEINE.....BY THE WAY WHICH OF THE ABROAD ARE U FROM ....? U TRAVELED TO SOUTH AFRICA OR GHANA U R CLAIMING ABROAD.....THUNDER FIRE UR MOUTH

5 Likes

Re: IG Orders SARS Operatives To Wear Uniform For Identification by elotajohn1(m): 9:41am On Aug 25, 2018
SolutionMee:
That's quite unnecessary

Even if they are unclad

They gat our solidarity

We gat their protection

I was highly impressed

come and see your fellow APKA AMU
NDI ARA
Re: IG Orders SARS Operatives To Wear Uniform For Identification by Rexnegro(m): 9:42am On Aug 25, 2018
very good development
Re: IG Orders SARS Operatives To Wear Uniform For Identification by Macopol01(m): 9:43am On Aug 25, 2018
SolutionMee:
That's quite unnecessary

Even if they are unclad

They gat our solidarity

We gat their protection

I was highly impressed

3 Likes

Re: IG Orders SARS Operatives To Wear Uniform For Identification by calddon(m): 9:45am On Aug 25, 2018
Dem go gree?
Re: IG Orders SARS Operatives To Wear Uniform For Identification by Princedapace(m): 9:45am On Aug 25, 2018
SolutionMee:
That's quite unnecessary

Even if they are unclad

They gat our solidarity

We gat their protection

I was highly impressed

Yes o. Hardworking and decent guys rarely have issues with them..

If u go to Ibadan, Duge office of SARS in Ibadan, u will see how market women, okada drivers, sellers etc laugh and play with sars officers..

No doubt, some of them are bad.. just like we have bad lecturers, good lecturers, bad doctors, good doctors..

etc, if there are people who need our hate and beating, it is our politicians

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Umaru Mohammed: I’ll Pull Out Of Speakership Race If APC Zones It To South-East / Rufai Hanga: Tinubu Completely Sidelined, Suffering Silently In APC / When I Become Governor, Oyo Bus Terminals Will Be Converted To Library - Teslim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.