Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,191 members, 7,839,044 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

IG Orders SARS Operatives To Wear Uniform For Identification - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IG Orders SARS Operatives To Wear Uniform For Identification (25210 Views)

Protest: IG Orders Watertight Security Nationwide / Police IG Orders Arrest Of Senator Abbo, His Orderly Over Assault On Sales Girl / Suspend The Handover To Egbetokun New IG Orders Omohimi Edgal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IG Orders SARS Operatives To Wear Uniform For Identification by pasylaz: 12:45pm On Aug 25, 2018
adewumiopeyemi:
Good development but they stil harrase one of my friend yesterday.. undecided
na your friend be dullerd bro
Re: IG Orders SARS Operatives To Wear Uniform For Identification by sexyanyabubakar(f): 12:53pm On Aug 25, 2018
Princedapace:

Yes o. Hardworking and decent guys rarely have issues with them..

If u go to Ibadan, Duge office of SARS in Ibadan, u will see how market women, okada drivers, sellers etc laugh and play with sars officers..

No doubt, some of them are bad.. just like we have bad lecturers, good lecturers, bad doctors, good doctors..

etc, if there are people who need our hate and beating, it is our politicians
Re: IG Orders SARS Operatives To Wear Uniform For Identification by Princedapace(m): 1:03pm On Aug 25, 2018
onyxo76:
that is where the proper uniform comes i into play. and by the way i work in a university where i hear all sort about
lecturers everyday and at least the VC dismissed the prof who was involved in the sex scandal a few months ago. this is possible
because he was identified , i'm not asking that the SARS be scrapped as such but there should be a way to check mate their activities,was it not
a few days a student was killed in iwo .osun state by a SARS officer that led to the station being burned down?

my point is...there are still good and diligent members of sars..

My point 2 is that we should channel this energy at our politicians, they are the root of these.
Re: IG Orders SARS Operatives To Wear Uniform For Identification by thaoriginator: 1:15pm On Aug 25, 2018
TheSpellChecker:

When you ask a question, you have to use a question mark.
wetin be questioned marked?
Re: IG Orders SARS Operatives To Wear Uniform For Identification by MobilityExpress: 1:36pm On Aug 25, 2018
God bless the IGP, God bless Nigeria.
Re: IG Orders SARS Operatives To Wear Uniform For Identification by activistnofear(m): 2:16pm On Aug 25, 2018
It would have been so good had it been SARS really carry out their duties according to the law. As the name indicate SPECIAL ANTI ROBBERY SQUARD. At the this turbulent period of the economy when incessant armed robbery attacks are the order of the day, Nigerian Police Force need to swing up its action at combating this phenomena. Rather than SARS attacking and brutalising innocent citizens.
Again, I totally concur with the IG directives that FSARS henceforth should appear in their appropriate police uniforms. Because some of these officers look like GORRILLAS and CHIMPAZEES with tatooes, dreadlocks and bushy beards.
How on earth should any any enforcement agent be engaging in law breaking activities? I just hope the IG order will not be swept under carpet in some time to com
Re: IG Orders SARS Operatives To Wear Uniform For Identification by onyxo76(m): 2:27pm On Aug 25, 2018
Princedapace:

my point is...there are still good and diligent members of sars..

My point 2 is that we should channel this energy at our politicians, they are the root of these.
well if you find one of them that is diligent as you put t, let me know
Re: IG Orders SARS Operatives To Wear Uniform For Identification by fataiamooboy: 2:36pm On Aug 25, 2018
they should also put it to law by saying we should be beating SARS that is not wear uniform
Re: IG Orders SARS Operatives To Wear Uniform For Identification by planetx: 2:52pm On Aug 25, 2018
EvilMetahuman:
That doesn't sound like a good idea.. identity of Sars operatives should be concealed and made to fight what they were created for instead of doing check points up and down and looking for Yahoo boiz.

I wonder why reforming the police is such a rocket science for these people.

Sars is like swat team in USA. Police only use swat team in USA when it involves robbery or serious gun violence like terrorists attack, hostage situations..

You won't just see them on the road harassing motorists or anyone with tattoo. That's the job of regular non threatening police.
They invade houses after serious intelligence gathering and the suspect is in particular building.

Why is that so hard for this useless transmission IG to do that he keeps coming up with useless idea for something in front of him?
American SWAT teams wear uniforms. Sars are more like undercover police units.
Re: IG Orders SARS Operatives To Wear Uniform For Identification by EvilMetahuman: 2:57pm On Aug 25, 2018
planetx:
American SWAT teams wear uniforms. Sars are more like undercover police units.
Sars are not undercover..

They are Social Anti Robbery Squad.. created to combat robbery and gun violence. Just like swat.
Re: IG Orders SARS Operatives To Wear Uniform For Identification by sexyanyabubakar(f): 3:13pm On Aug 25, 2018
EvilMetahuman:
That doesn't sound like a good idea.. identity of Sars operatives should be concealed and made to fight what they were created for instead of doing check points up and down and looking for Yahoo boiz.

I wonder why reforming the police is such a rocket science for these people.

Sars is like swat team in USA. Police only use swat team in USA when it involves robbery or serious gun violence like terrorists attack, hostage situations..

You won't just see them on the road harassing motorists or anyone with tattoo. That's the job of regular non threatening police.
They invade houses after serious intelligence gathering and the suspect is in particular building.

Why is that so hard for this useless transmission IG to do that he keeps coming up with useless idea for something in front of him?

Re: IG Orders SARS Operatives To Wear Uniform For Identification by levelss(m): 3:32pm On Aug 25, 2018
check my profile to earn cool cash
Re: IG Orders SARS Operatives To Wear Uniform For Identification by Halo22: 3:58pm On Aug 25, 2018
The truth remains that Prof. Osinbajo in his acting capacity as the president ordered the IG of police, Mr Idris Abubakar to do total overhaul of SARS ranging from mentality test down to behavioural test. Which one is to wear uniform again? Who told him that not wearing uniform is the problem they are having with the innocent masses. The man is just leaving the main issues to pursue shadows.
Re: IG Orders SARS Operatives To Wear Uniform For Identification by Nobody: 5:57pm On Aug 25, 2018
we want uniforms with name tags, and vehicles with identification, tired of seeing police use private vehicles with no license numbers very common in ph.

its becoming very difficult to distinguish policemen from agberos.
Re: IG Orders SARS Operatives To Wear Uniform For Identification by Beemhan(m): 7:24pm On Aug 25, 2018
SolutionMee:
That's quite unnecessary

Even if they are unclad

We Nigerians will always obey them

They gat our solidarity

We gat their protection

Every upright, legitimate, respectful, decent, obedient and hardworking Nigerians love SARS

Only the criminal minded doesn't

And all over the world, there has never been peace for the wicked

Today is my 5th day in Nigeria ever since I came for a vacation and I have never been harassed by any SARS or whatsoever

Instead, they gave me accurate directions when needs be, tell me more about Nigeria and the role of police in it, gist and laugh with me and even went as far as asking me what I brought for them from Abroad

I was highly impressed

So I gave them a riffle and a cane to beat the hell out of every stubborn Nigerian and continue the good work they've started
Ignorant drunk seeking attention spotted
Re: IG Orders SARS Operatives To Wear Uniform For Identification by CioAngels(f): 9:06pm On Aug 25, 2018
IGP, kindly give the contract to provide FSARS with their new uniform. I will await your response soon.
Re: IG Orders SARS Operatives To Wear Uniform For Identification by DONADAMS(m): 9:39pm On Aug 26, 2018
SolutionMee:
That's quite unnecessary

Even if they are unclad

We Nigerians will always obey them

They gat our solidarity

We gat their protection

Every upright, legitimate, respectful, decent, obedient and hardworking Nigerians love SARS

Only the criminal minded doesn't

And all over the world, there has never been peace for the wicked

Today is my 5th day in Nigeria ever since I came for a vacation and I have never been harassed by any SARS or whatsoever

Instead, they gave me accurate directions when needs be, tell me more about Nigeria and the role of police in it, gist and laugh with me and even went as far as asking me what I brought for them from Abroad

I was highly impressed

So I gave them a riffle and a cane to beat the hell out of every stubborn Nigerian and continue the good work they've started
Lol..see your head
Re: IG Orders SARS Operatives To Wear Uniform For Identification by TheSpellChecker: 8:33am On Sep 01, 2018
thaoriginator:
wetin be questioned marked?

?

You see that?

Oh, you even used it in your question.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ben Bruce Congratulates Peter Obi As Atiku's Running Mate / Why Is Sowore Always Attacking Peter Obi? / Nigeria's Reputation For Crime Made Them Unwelcome In Britain - Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.