Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,695 members, 7,820,428 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

American Visa Lottery Requirements - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / American Visa Lottery Requirements (3323 Views)

Visa Lottery Winner, Other Arrested Over Scam Marriage / American Visa Lottery (dv- 2009) / US Diversity Visa Lottery (DV-2007) Registration: October 5 to December 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

American Visa Lottery Requirements by pauljones130: 7:43pm On Jun 26, 2010
hello everybody in the house, please i need some form of advice on the issue bothering us here, a friend of mine his wife won 2011 visa lottery her case no. is 19xxx, pls we would like to know the possibility and how soon she would get her second letter for interview. secondly, it is said that you must have atleast 5 credits here we want to know if the 5 credit invloves a mandatory credit in english. She has 5 credit in maths and four other subjects and f9 in english, some people are saying it has to be five credits in any subjects others are saying it must be english inclusive, so i need somebody with experience to help us here with the correct information. Please note that she has ond but the result is still under process.
thanks and God bless you all.
Re: American Visa Lottery Requirements by denzel2009: 8:19pm On Jun 26, 2010
Re: American Visa Lottery Requirements by boombell: 10:28pm On Jun 26, 2010
it should be 5 credit in any subject and let her get a kind of covering letter from her school that she has finish ond soon as her result is out as this is consider higher than school cert.
Re: American Visa Lottery Requirements by pauljones130: 10:16am On Jun 27, 2010
boombell i appreciate your answer/advise i needed it so much that i had to ask in this forum, once again thanks any grey areas before the second letter comes i will always ask questions, once again am grateful. paul.
Re: American Visa Lottery Requirements by think2ce: 11:07pm On Jun 27, 2010
Poster

She is likely to be scheduled for interview in August or September 2011.The letter would arrive 4-6weeks before interview date.

Note that a possibility exists her case might not be processed if the last 5 digits of her case number is greater than 19000.
Re: American Visa Lottery Requirements by pauljones130: 8:19pm On Jun 28, 2010
think2ce, i dont mind if you can explain further cos i dont seem to understand what you mean by if the last 5 digit of her case number is more than 19000, pls kindly explain with example. i expect to hear from you soon. Also i have read of cases of somebody with a similar case number and the fellow was called for interview around january the following year, what happened in that case. thanks i will be waiting for your reply, remain blessed.
Re: American Visa Lottery Requirements by think2ce: 10:35pm On Jun 28, 2010
Your friend is a selectee in the DV lottery.That is by no means a guarantee of receiving the US immigrant visa.In her notification letter, that clause is clearly stated there.For DV 2011 lottery that she won, 100,006 people were selected.But only of 50,000 of them will get visas.

A Nigerian having a case number around 20,000 means she was lately selected in the lottery.Visa are issued based on case number.The lower, the quicker. A possibility exists her case will be reached before the end of the DV 2011 fiscal year-September 30, 2011.Unfortunately, the reverse also holds.
Re: American Visa Lottery Requirements by think2ce: 10:35pm On Jun 28, 2010
You just have to hope for her.
Re: American Visa Lottery Requirements by ezdozit: 11:44pm On Jun 28, 2010
^^^^are the results for th dv lottery 2011 out? how can one check because all i can see on www.dvlottery.state.gov is for people to check on or afer July 1st. woooooow.
Re: American Visa Lottery Requirements by pauljones130: 8:22am On Jun 29, 2010
@think2ce thanks we pray and hope she gets her visa, in all there is nothing God cant do so i believe definitely God would take control in all, she would definitely get called for her visa, once again thanks.

@ez doz ot, the results is out people have started getting their first letter, u can only check online from july 1 to confirm if u were selected. thanks
Re: American Visa Lottery Requirements by martinsnik: 8:18pm On Nov 24, 2010
Hello guys , please i need some information on the payment of visa fee amount and which bank for the 2011 visa lottery (single applicant) ,

(1) (Reply)

Fuel Scarcity Hits Nigerian Aviation / Why You Shouldn't Visit Switzerland / Scarcity Of Passport Booklets Resurfaces

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.