Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,831 members, 7,817,430 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:07 PM

Kaduna Dry Port Exports 5 Containers Of Ginger Weekly - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Kaduna Dry Port Exports 5 Containers Of Ginger Weekly (15351 Views)

This Ginger Farm Will Produce Over A Million Naira Worth Of Ginger / Rice Mills In Nigeria Closedown After India’s Ban On Rice Exports / The Plight Of Ginger Farmers In Southern Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kaduna Dry Port Exports 5 Containers Of Ginger Weekly by sureheaven(m): 10:23am On Aug 25, 2018
Cause of wickedness the refused to give us port in the east and south cheesy

What's the value of ginger to our GDP cheesy

Ur stupidity has no match.. sad
Re: Kaduna Dry Port Exports 5 Containers Of Ginger Weekly by Blue3k2: 10:24am On Aug 25, 2018
The government has plans to encourage processing plants by these dry ports. Dangote also using it for auto manufacturing plant in Kaduna most likely. If I see anything I reposted ot.

NwaliE01:
I weep for my dear country. We only export raw materials and import finished products.
Why I weep is cos there is no plan to even start converting this surplus raw materials into finished products.
Re: Kaduna Dry Port Exports 5 Containers Of Ginger Weekly by Primusinterpares(m): 10:24am On Aug 25, 2018
nice one.... but make una drege warri, portharcort and Calabar ports to decongest Lagos and boast economic activities in The respective states as well as job creation
Re: Kaduna Dry Port Exports 5 Containers Of Ginger Weekly by calixlogistics: 10:24am On Aug 25, 2018
Transporting a 40ft container to kaduna from Lagos as at today 1,000,000 .. I know cos am a clearing Agent
Re: Kaduna Dry Port Exports 5 Containers Of Ginger Weekly by wink2015(m): 10:26am On Aug 25, 2018
By Chris Agabi

The Executive Secretary, Nigerian Shippers Council (NSC), Bar. Hassan Bello has said the Kaduna Dry Port now exports at least five containers of ginger weekly at the facility.

Mr. Hassan Bello told our correspondent in Abuja that this further assures all importers and exporters that the Kaduna dry port is now fully integrated into the customs port of destinations for imports and exports. Dry port was officially commissioned in January this year by President Muhammadu Buhari.

“Kaduna is doing five containers of exports of ginger. This will have positive impact on the economy of Kaduna and the ripple effect of other parts of the countries,” he noted.

The NSC CEO said Kaduna dry port is already generating traffic but he is deeply worried that containers are still being trucked to Kaduna rather than transported by rail.

“We must support Kaduna now. So much cargo is coming to Kaduna now but on trucks. It takes N100,000 to transport goods by trucks from Lagos to Kaduna. If it’s by rail, it will be N30,000,” he explained.

He decried inability of the Nigerian Railways Corporation to connect the Kaduna dry port to rail services.

“We have commissioned a study by a consultant to look at what is happening in Kaduna. Unfortunately, rail which is critical is not forth coming. There have been all sorts of problems. The Nigerian Railways Corporation has promised ten wagons for the Kaduna dry port. Unfortunately we have not seen that,” he said.

He lauded the cooperation from the Nigeria Customs Service (NCS) for issuing a station code for the Kaduna ICD and the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) for including Kaduna as a port on the Form M. “We have many freight forwarders moving to Kaduna and banks too opening offices at the site,” he added.

POLITICAL LEADERS IN NORTHERN NIGERIA, YOU CAN DO MORE THAN THIS IN AGRICULTURE.

INSTEAD OF DREAMING OF SWEET CRUDE OIL THAT IS NOT IN YOUR DOMAIN BUT RATHER DOWN SOUTH IN THE HEARTLAND OF THE NIGER DELTA.

ACCEPT RESTRUCTURING AND FACE YOUR AGRICULTURE AND YOU WILL SEE DEVELOPMENT IN THE NORTH.

A WELL ARTICULATED AGRICULTURAL SYSTEM THAT IS BASED ON MECHANISED FARMING WILL ENSURE ADEQUATE FOOD SECURITY FOR NIGERIA, GENERATE INTERNAL REVENUE AND ALSO CREATE EMPLOYMENT.

IT IS SHAMEFUL THAT A VAST NORTHERN PART OF NIGERIA IS STILL DEPENDING ON CRUDE OIL EXPORT EARNING FOR THEIR DEVELOPMENT.

THIS IS RATHER EMBARASSING!

Face Agriculture with seriousness.

Calculate and see what the north is getting for the little ginger export from the dry port you will be amazed.

Kebbi state that is partnering with Lagos state government to cultivate rice is also a laudable effort.

Just recently, I read news of Gombe state exporting Snakes to the United Kingdom to be used to prepare anti-venom at a cheaper rate for the state that can not afford the costly anti-venom from overseas.

These are amazing.

PRESIDENT BUHARI SHOULD TAKE HIS LONG THROAT FROM SWEET CRUDE OIL AND ENCOURAGE HIS NORTHERN POLITICAL ELITES TO DO MORE TO DEVELOP AGRICULTURE.

According to the Finance Minister, Mrs Kemi Adeosun, the time of SWEET CRUDE OIL is closing out.

Do not mind the recent little rise in the price of crude oil.

3 Likes

Re: Kaduna Dry Port Exports 5 Containers Of Ginger Weekly by Butterflyleo: 10:27am On Aug 25, 2018
abokibuhari:

At least I can think unlike ZONE Bs that think through their anus

You obviously are bereft of any ability to think.

The OP says 5 containers a week. There are 52 weeks a year. Multiply that by 5 and that would result to 260 containers a year of ginger.

Assume the monetary return per container is $12000. Multiply that by 260 and that would give you $3,120, 000.

Now imagine this done at 100 times this quantity yearly and you would get $312,000,000 and this is from ginger alone and you ask what value does this have on our GDP.

You no get one small sense like this

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaduna Dry Port Exports 5 Containers Of Ginger Weekly by nelronaldo(m): 10:28am On Aug 25, 2018
There are undeveloped sea port in the south. Buhari has turned a blind eye on them. Having a dry port in the North is good but wouldn't it be better if all our seaports are functioning well?
Re: Kaduna Dry Port Exports 5 Containers Of Ginger Weekly by Sarkin: 10:28am On Aug 25, 2018
abokibuhari:

ask bastard Jonathan that.

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Dry Port Exports 5 Containers Of Ginger Weekly by Printerscanner: 10:29am On Aug 25, 2018
abokibuhari:

Why didn't your brother Goatluck do it when he was there looting, stealing and sharing?
Re: Kaduna Dry Port Exports 5 Containers Of Ginger Weekly by fk001(m): 10:31am On Aug 25, 2018
Butterflyleo:

You wish don't you grin

Should I help you call them too?

Don't mind that wailer
Re: Kaduna Dry Port Exports 5 Containers Of Ginger Weekly by Butterflyleo: 10:34am On Aug 25, 2018
Corrinthians:
While others are making giant strides with what little opportunities they have, some bunch if indescribably lazy fellas have resolved to leave a life of perpetual blame for everyone and everything else but themselves.

They would like to be spoonfed like kids that can't tell their left from right. They make excuses for every failure they have and doggedly resist taking responsibility for ANYTHING at all.

Won't be surprised if we wake up someday to find these people blaming Buhari or the FG for their inability to have a boner.. You can't put it past them given their history since Buhari became president honestly. cheesy

They are okay with being drug carriers and 419s so they can reap from the sweat of others.

Hard work is not in the dictionary.

Mention farming now and watch them laugh at you. They would rather farm hard drugs and farm money via 419 plus

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaduna Dry Port Exports 5 Containers Of Ginger Weekly by abokibuhari: 10:34am On Aug 25, 2018
Butterflyleo:

The OP says 5 containers a week. There are 52 weeks a year. Multiply that by 5 and that would result to 260 containers a year of ginger.

Assume the monetary return per container is $12000. Multiply that by 260 and that would give you $3,120, 000.

Now imagine this done at 100 times this quantity yearly and you would get $312,000,000 and this is from ginger alone and you ask what value does this have on our GDP.

You no get one small sense like this
Daydreaming my friend grin
Re: Kaduna Dry Port Exports 5 Containers Of Ginger Weekly by Blue3k2: 10:41am On Aug 25, 2018
You dont need to go that far. There's more agricultural products than ginger to export. There's also opportunities to manufacturing sector. Dangote corp and Peugeot want to build plant in Kaduna. Than means they'll be importing through the dry port. These guys are short sited hence why they hated idea of dry port at first hoping it would fail. Now they wail about diversification.

Butterflyleo:

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Dry Port Exports 5 Containers Of Ginger Weekly by kettykin: 10:42am On Aug 25, 2018
Corrinthians:
While others are making giant strides with what little opportunities they have, some bunch if indescribably lazy fellas have resolved to leave a life of perpetual blame for everyone and everything else but themselves.

They would like to be spoonfed like kids that can't tell their left from right. They make excuses for every failure they have and doggedly resist taking responsibility for ANYTHING at all.

Won't be surprised if we wake up someday to find these people blaming Buhari or the FG for their inability to have a boner.. You can't put it past them given their history since Buhari became president honestly. cheesy
Restructuring will ensure no one is blamed and each zone or region is responsible for its development
Re: Kaduna Dry Port Exports 5 Containers Of Ginger Weekly by Butterflyleo: 10:45am On Aug 25, 2018
Blue3k2:
You dont need to go that far. There's more agricultural products than ginger to export. There's also opportunities to manufacturing sector. Dangote corp and Peugeot want to build plant in Kaduna. Than means they'll be importing through the dry port. These guys are short sited hence why they hated idea of dry port at first hoping it would fail. Now they wail about diversification.

They are beyond short sighted. They just hate any progress anywhere else apart from their SE and even in the SE they still kill each other when one family begins to progress and their own isn't.

Their own idea of progress is a micro form. If its not to their family or themselves then every other one must die

2 Likes

Re: Kaduna Dry Port Exports 5 Containers Of Ginger Weekly by new2012: 10:45am On Aug 25, 2018
Stuffs like this almost led to d downfall of Facebook if not the smart CEO who was summoned and was able to defend his work.

Day in, day out, nairaland is takeb over by bots.. In this case, because the APC is not smart enough they use low level kids as their bots.. Pay them peanuts and have them run around spewing praise on ApC and insult on anybody and everybody not supporting APC.

'#humanbot'
Re: Kaduna Dry Port Exports 5 Containers Of Ginger Weekly by islandmoon: 10:49am On Aug 25, 2018
Jonathan approved this project for Jos, i wonder why they now moved the port to kaduna, they keep moving FG projects in Jos to Bauchi and KD in attempt to kill jos economy but I tell you today, no matter what you do, Jo's will always remain a paradise, our promise land, the power of Chadian and Nigerien will not prevail
Re: Kaduna Dry Port Exports 5 Containers Of Ginger Weekly by deleo16(m): 10:52am On Aug 25, 2018
Good one but what about our own brother in the east they deserve same development

Re: Kaduna Dry Port Exports 5 Containers Of Ginger Weekly by Amberon1: 10:52am On Aug 25, 2018
It is not nonsense. I almost started this business. Indians and Pakistani love ginger a lot and make ALL their meals with ginger.
Nwaohafia1:
Ginger kwa? Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Dry Port Exports 5 Containers Of Ginger Weekly by Blue3k2: 11:00am On Aug 25, 2018
Everything you wrote regarding the jos dry port is incorrect . The Jos dry port was not moved or cancelled. It was approved in 2006 by Obasanjo government. The dry port is currently being worked on as we speak.

[s]
islandmoon:
Jonathan approved this project for Jos, i wonder why they now moved the port to kaduna, they keep moving FG projects in Jos to Bauchi and KD in attempt to kill jos economy but I tell you today, no matter what you do, Jo's will always remain a paradise, our promise land, the power of Chadian and Nigerien will not prevail
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Dry Port Exports 5 Containers Of Ginger Weekly by donnie(m): 11:01am On Aug 25, 2018
Exporting ginger?
What happened to processing?
Re: Kaduna Dry Port Exports 5 Containers Of Ginger Weekly by israelmao(m): 11:01am On Aug 25, 2018
The winning card is always kept close to one's chest and brought out when it is necessary.For those who are asking for presidential candidate who can give Buhari a good run and beat him, they should just hold on a moment,they don't need to be in a hurry.
Re: Kaduna Dry Port Exports 5 Containers Of Ginger Weekly by maxzzo1(m): 11:06am On Aug 25, 2018
abokibuhari:

So u believe??

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Dry Port Exports 5 Containers Of Ginger Weekly by islandmoon: 11:07am On Aug 25, 2018
Blue3k2:
Everything you wrote regarding the jos dry port is incorrect . The Jos dry port was not moved or cancelled. It was approved in 2006 by Obasanjo government. The dry port is currently being worked on as we speak.

[s][/s]
currently being worked on , from 2006 till 2018, listen to yourself, when was the kaduna dry project approved and built? but Jos own is still in construction since 2006 to 2018 huh? we all know Buhari like elrufai .
Re: Kaduna Dry Port Exports 5 Containers Of Ginger Weekly by Blue3k2: 11:11am On Aug 25, 2018
The kaduna dry port was also approved in 2006. Stop talking about topics you know nothing about. Research topics before whining. Its the reasonable thing.

Here's an article cure your ignorance about topic.

https://newtelegraphonline.com/2018/01/dry-ports-elixir-states-industrialisation/

[s]
islandmoon:

currently being worked on , from 2006 till 2018, listen to yourself, when was the kaduna dry project approved and built? but Jos own is still in construction since 2006 to 2018 huh? we all know Buhari like elrufai .
[/s]
Re: Kaduna Dry Port Exports 5 Containers Of Ginger Weekly by islandmoon: 11:19am On Aug 25, 2018
Blue3k2:
The kaduna dry port was also approved in 2006. Stop talking about topics you know nothing about. Research topics before whining. Its the reasonable thing.

[s][/s]
but the Kaduna dry port is now in use, huh? while Jos project is abandoned, is that why Jos - Abuja road is abandoned also? people now use road one carriage way constructed by Jang PDP govt, wait do you want me to start listing FG project that has been moved to Bauchi in recent time?
Re: Kaduna Dry Port Exports 5 Containers Of Ginger Weekly by DEHVEHLOP(m): 11:30am On Aug 25, 2018
abokibuhari:

And what is the value of UGWU to South East economy?

Shiorrrrrr
Re: Kaduna Dry Port Exports 5 Containers Of Ginger Weekly by Blue3k2: 11:31am On Aug 25, 2018
Spare your wailing and goal post shifting. The fact is you ran your mouth about dry port project you knew nothing about. The reason the Kaduna dry port is open is because the finished the project first. The other 5 still arent done so dont feel special. The Jos dry port is not abandoned since the concessionaire is still working on it. If you're in Jos go to the location and ask staff. The Jos dry port maybe the next one completed.

The big issue with jos dry port is rail system now. Again you can read about dry port history if you please. I'll post update about jos dry port.

https://newtelegraphonline.com/2018/01/dry-ports-elixir-states-industrialisation/

islandmoon:

but the Kaduna dry port is now in use, huh? [s]while Jos project is abandoned,is that why Jos - Abuja road is abandoned also? people now use road one carriage way constructed by Jang PDP govt, wait do you want me to start listing FG project that has been moved to Bauchi in recent time? [/s]
Re: Kaduna Dry Port Exports 5 Containers Of Ginger Weekly by islandmoon: 11:38am On Aug 25, 2018
Blue3k2:
Spare your wailing and goal post shifting. The fact is you ran your mouth about dry port project you knew nothing about. The reason the Kaduna dry port is open is because the finished the project first. The other 5 still arent done so dont feel special. The Jos dry port is not abandoned since the concessionaire is still working on it. If you're in Jos go to the location and ask staff. The Jos dry port maybe the next one completed.

The big issue with jos dry port is rail system now. Again you can read about dry port history if you plesse.

my point is that this government favours one religion to the other, and I will list 10 fg project that has been moved to bauchi state from Jos

Re: Kaduna Dry Port Exports 5 Containers Of Ginger Weekly by Blue3k2: 11:44am On Aug 25, 2018
Ok noted you have unrelated beef with federal government. I'll educate you about history of jos dry 0ort since you dont know anything. The Jos state government under Jang demolished the dry port. That is one reason why the project stalled. Maybe you should assign Jang blame and PDP instead of blaming Buhari and Federal regarding Jos dry port.

islandmoon:

my point is that this government favours one religion to the other, and I will list 10 fg project that has been moved to bauchi state from Jos
Re: Kaduna Dry Port Exports 5 Containers Of Ginger Weekly by lexy2014: 11:51am On Aug 25, 2018
abokibuhari:

there are ports in d SS&SE, calabar, warri&PH. PH can serve d needs of d SE. D problem is that NPA isn't doing much 2 make those ports as functional as lagos
Re: Kaduna Dry Port Exports 5 Containers Of Ginger Weekly by Xander85: 11:51am On Aug 25, 2018
islandmoon:

Yet you voted for APC at the state and federal level in 2015, and are poised to do it again next year!

You need to realise that APC represents the virulent form of ethnic and fulani-hegemonic politics in its purest form that has been the bane of our existence as a country since 1960! It's a party primarily set up to further fulani interests and is supported in its quest by greedy and naive middlebelt and southern politicians!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

By What Week Do You Start Giving Your Broiler Chicks Finisher Feed? / Is It True That Grower Feed Slows Own The Growth Of Broiler? / My 1 Million Naira Alternative To Cucumber (agribusiness 101) [a Must Read]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.