Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,603 members, 7,812,974 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:43 AM

"The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" (44568 Views)

2023: Rotimi Amaechi Is My Project For Presidency - Senator Ali Ndume / 2023 Presidency: Senator Anyim Pius Anyim Ticks All The Boxes / Senate Presidency: Senator Peter Nwaoboshi Declares Support For Ahmad Lawan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by Changethechain: 8:00pm On Aug 25, 2018
Bro this guy's will never give power to igbo... I can bet with my life.. Period
MrJanuzaj:
SOUTH EAST: IS IT NOT TOO LATE?

I have read the recent transmissions by Senator Bukola Saraki directed at my Igbo tribe. I have deliberately kept mum on this as I had earlier resolved to speak less on Igbos as regards the 2019 Elections and 2023 Presidency having said quite a bit.

However seeing as some of my brethren have swallowed the cheap bait, I will chip this in just to keep the reality before us, at least for posterity sake. Truth is bitter but it's still the best medicine.

My people say; 'He who does not remember where the rain started beating him, will not remember where it stopped'.

REWIND TO 2014.
A new National Party was being conceived. Political Parties, political players and Regions were being wooed to the new alliance.

'We' Igbos (read South East) vehemently refused to touch it even with a long pole. We packaged, sold to ourselves and bought the baseless propaganda that it was an Islamic alliance that would birth an "Islamic" and "Hausa" Party. Simply because those our brethren heavily invested in the PDP at the time were afraid of losing their vested selfish interests.
Till today I'm still trying to fathom the basis for that wicked and twisted deceit especially as many of those Igbo elites who sold that dummy have since ported to the same APC.

We failed to even identify with that new Alliance. Hence the Party, APC was birthed without any remarkable input from us or presence. The few amongst us who aligned were called all kinds of names and abused to high heavens by us even when they were proven right afterall.

Thus the few Igbos who were part of it were at best fringe players as they didn't have the required clout to make serious demands and do the necessary political wheeling and dealing required in Politics to strike the hard bargains since politics is all about interests and numbers. They were even suspect, so much so that it was only their personal political sagacity that gave them whatever they got.

That Party went on to win the Presidential Election which in truth, most of us never believed it could or would, because of our half baked permutations and poor understanding of Nigerian politics. But it did.

Curiously we turned up at the fore front of telling this same Party how it should share it's 'spoils of war'. We became hypocritical moral champions with an over bloated sense of entitlement. Who does that, in all political reality and practicality? But we did, even while vehemently and vociferously still refusing to shift our position, style and rhethoric.

We dug in. Supported every bad thing and person against the Party, the elected President and the Administration while denying any and every good done to and for our Region.

Fast forward to where we are today. Almost four years after the 2015 misadventure, we have stayed put at 2015, refusing to move forward, refusing to shift grounds, refusing to play pragmatic politics, telling ourselves the same lies we cooked and bought in 2015 and some more.

Now barely 5 months to another election, we have started again saying "APC cannot give Presidency to Igbos in 2023". "Buhari cannot hand over to an Igbo man because Buhari hates Igbos". "APC is deceiving you", bla bla bla.

Of course. We will believe Saraki, who has only but a fanthom dream of becoming President and whose only known record is selfishness but we can't believe Buhari who's already President and who has a record of voluntarily picking two great Igbo sons as running mates in the past? Chukwu aju.

It is interesting and vital to note here that the PDP which many of us still proudly support and adore was in power for 16 solid years and in those years there were 4 Presidential Inaugurations and on none of those was an Igbo man found worthy by the PDP of even Vice Presidency and we are still bold to say it is the APC that has not even finished one tenure that doesn't want to give power to Igbos. Odi nma.

NOW; Seriously, let's be sincere. As things stand today politically, why would the APC even hand power to us Igbos in 2023?
On what grounds?
On what records?
On what politics?
Is power given to anyone?
Is it an appeasement or a gift?

The APC is a political party. The main focus of a political Party is to hold power and keep it to enable it deliver on its agenda. So if the APC reads that the SE does not want the Presidency or does not have the capacity to help them win and keep power, they will stick with the regions that can and work with individuals who are interested.

Make no mistake, I have always said, I do not blame us Igbos for the decision majority of us took in 2015. It's our right. But continuing to pretend that it was other regions, Buhari or the APC that made us do what we did then or remain where we are today is purely self deceit and I refuse to play that ostrich game.

As far back as 2014, I and many others made that argument that Igbo Presidency was very feasible in 2023, ONLY under under the APC, ONLY IF we did a couple of things right politically. I personally continued to speak loudly on that even after the 2015 elections until when I realized that we were not ready to play the politics that was required and now I dare say it may be too late. Or is it not? Time will tell.

For now, we can continue to tell ourselves that we cannot hold the Presidency of Nigeria. I heard and read many of our brethren go from PDP to Biafra/seccesion (read IPOB) to Referendum to "Igbos do not need Presidency but Restructuring" etc forgetting that all that didn't lie squarely with us alone. We think other regions are not reading our body language?

I really don't care what Saraki writes or says because they've all come to realize that it's very easy to play us like a flute. So like Saraki, like Fani Kayode, like Fayose, like Atiku, even Jonah Jang of all people, they keep playing us.

I've learnt not to bother myself anymore to avoid unnecessary abuse from nonentities . As some of us have said, it's good governance we want, even if only one village will be producing the Presidents. So be it.

Ka Chineke mezie okwu.

(c) Dr Uche Diala

2 Likes

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by fof1: 8:02pm On Aug 25, 2018
MrJanuzaj:

I have read the recent transmissions by Senator Bukola Saraki directed at my Igbo tribe. I have deliberately kept mum on this as I had earlier resolved to speak less on Igbos as regards the 2019 Elections and 2023 Presidency having said quite a bit.

However seeing as some of my brethren have swallowed the cheap bait, I will chip this in just to keep the reality before us, at least for posterity sake. Truth is bitter but it's still the best medicine.

My people say; 'He who does not remember where the rain started beating him, will not remember where it stopped'.

REWIND TO 2014.
A new National Party was being conceived. Political Parties, political players and Regions were being wooed to the new alliance.

'We' Igbos (read South East) vehemently refused to touch it even with a long pole. We packaged, sold to ourselves and bought the baseless propaganda that it was an Islamic alliance that would birth an "Islamic" and "Hausa" Party. Simply because those our brethren heavily invested in the PDP at the time were afraid of losing their vested selfish interests.
Till today I'm still trying to fathom the basis for that wicked and twisted deceit especially as many of those Igbo elites who sold that dummy have since ported to the same APC.

We failed to even identify with that new Alliance. Hence the Party, APC was birthed without any remarkable input from us or presence. The few amongst us who aligned were called all kinds of names and abused to high heavens by us even when they were proven right afterall.

Thus the few Igbos who were part of it were at best fringe players as they didn't have the required clout to make serious demands and do the necessary political wheeling and dealing required in Politics to strike the hard bargains since politics is all about interests and numbers. They were even suspect, so much so that it was only their personal political sagacity that gave them whatever they got.

That Party went on to win the Presidential Election which in truth, most of us never believed it could or would, because of our half baked permutations and poor understanding of Nigerian politics. But it did.

Curiously we turned up at the fore front of telling this same Party how it should share it's 'spoils of war'. We became hypocritical moral champions with an over bloated sense of entitlement. Who does that, in all political reality and practicality? But we did, even while vehemently and vociferously still refusing to shift our position, style and rhethoric.

We dug in. Supported every bad thing and person against the Party, the elected President and the Administration while denying any and every good done to and for our Region.

Fast forward to where we are today. Almost four years after the 2015 misadventure, we have stayed put at 2015, refusing to move forward, refusing to shift grounds, refusing to play pragmatic politics, telling ourselves the same lies we cooked and bought in 2015 and some more.

Now barely 5 months to another election, we have started again saying "APC cannot give Presidency to Igbos in 2023". "Buhari cannot hand over to an Igbo man because Buhari hates Igbos". "APC is deceiving you", bla bla bla.

Of course. We will believe Saraki, who has only but a fanthom dream of becoming President and whose only known record is selfishness but we can't believe Buhari who's already President and who has a record of voluntarily picking two great Igbo sons as running mates in the past? Chukwu aju.

It is interesting and vital to note here that the PDP which many of us still proudly support and adore was in power for 16 solid years and in those years there were 4 Presidential Inaugurations and on none of those was an Igbo man found worthy by the PDP of even Vice Presidency and we are still bold to say it is the APC that has not even finished one tenure that doesn't want to give power to Igbos. Odi nma.

NOW; Seriously, let's be sincere. As things stand today politically, why would the APC even hand power to us Igbos in 2023?
On what grounds?
On what records?
On what politics?

The APC is a political party. The main focus of a political Party is to hold power and keep it to enable it deliver on its agenda. So if the APC reads that the SE does not want the Presidency or does not have the capacity to help them win and keep power, they will stick with the regions that can and work with individuals who are interested.

Make no mistake, I have always said, I do not blame us Igbos for the decision majority of us took in 2015. It's our right. But continuing to pretend that it was other regions, Buhari or the APC that made us do what we did then or remain where we are today is purely self deceit and I refuse to play that ostrich game.

As far back as 2014, I and many others made that argument that Igbo Presidency was very feasible in 2023, ONLY under under the APC, ONLY IF we did a couple of things right politically. I personally continued to speak loudly on that even after the 2015 elections until when I realized that we were not ready to play the politics that was required and now I dare say it may be too late. Or is it not? Time will tell.

For now, we can continue to tell ourselves that we cannot hold the Presidency of Nigeria. I heard and read many of our brethren go from PDP to Biafra/seccesion (read IPOB) to Referendum to "Igbos do not need Presidency but Restructuring" etc forgetting that all that didn't lie squarely with us alone. We think other regions are not reading our body language?

I really don't care what Saraki writes or says because they've all come to realize that it's very easy to play us like a flute. So like Saraki, like Fani Kayode, like Fayose, like Atiku, even Jonah Jang of all people, they keep playing us.

I've learnt not to bother myself anymore to avoid unnecessary abuse from nonentities . As some of us have said, it's good governance we want, even if only one village will be producing the Presidents. So be it.

Ka Chineke mezie okwu.

(c) Dr Uche Diala

STORIES FOR D gods. SO IT IS APC OR BUHARI, TINUBU ETC THAT, D IBOS WILL TRUST TO GIVE THEM POWER ABI? THIS IS D DECEIT OF LUCIFER... U PEOPLE ARE AS CONFUSED AND POWER AS LUCIFER. IT IS OUR RIGHT BUT WE MUST WORK AT IT, NO SENTIMENTS.

5 Likes

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by justtoodark: 8:06pm On Aug 25, 2018
Afam4eva:

I really don't understand some of you. an't you support a plitial party and their candidates in peace? Why must you involve on in your political partisanship. Yes, the Igbos were neither given the presidency or vice-presidency under the PDP and that is because there is a deliberate interest to keep Igbos down politically and it is not a party issue. Having said that, under PDP, we had the Senate presidency, an Inspector general of Police, The head of Army etc. Tell me what this APC Buhari government have done for Igbos that gives you the inclination that they would support an Igbo president in 2023. if you believe that Buhari will hand over to an Igbo man in 2023, then you are not as smart as you may think.

how did it ended...??

boko haram nearly conquered the ol north....abuja was threatend....refugees,death,destruction....

impunity....giant of africa only on paper....importing everything....south africa,kenya were looking down on us....imagine,kenya..!!!.....ghana was getting worried and asking themselves whats wrong with them....

i could go on and on....

chai.....
Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by Mordecai(m): 8:06pm On Aug 25, 2018
Alexk2:

Before nko, they aren't stupid and they never forget history so easily. You need to read of how they were persecuted and called different names during the civil war. How can they stand it when within the "real" igbos, there are halfcast and second citizens. Forget wike style or Dickson large heart o, they know what's up when it comes to that one.

Igboland shares borders with a large number if ethnic groups, Igala, Idoma, Isoko, Urhobo etc, all the way down to the SS.

But honestly, apart from online commentaries that talk of frictions between them, I am yet to see or hear of Igbos fighting with their SS neighbours on the ground. All we see is them living together, marrying one another and fetching water from the same streams.

As for our politicians, Amaechi, an Ikwerre would tell you he's Igbo. Patience Jonathan, though born Igbo was adopted and grew up an Okrika woman. GEJ, an Ijaw man bears an Igbo name. Peter Obi's wife is from Akwa Ibom, and throughout his eight years as Governor and his wife the first lady, it's as if that fact is nonexistent.

So do not tell us to conveniently "forget" a fact. We are not enemies with the SS. We might not agree on everything, but that's the point of politics, isn't it?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by degamemaster(m): 8:09pm On Aug 25, 2018
MrJanuzaj:

You think being a jobless IPOB criminal makes you more Igbo? Onye ara. Otolo gba gbu kwa gi there.

OP, you're as stupid and sellout as Joe Igbokwe for writing this rubbish.

In your mind now, you know Nigerian politics more than millions of Igbos who chose to dissociate themselves from this terrorist and bloodthirsty demonic party formed with lies as the foundation.

All I can understand from your stupid write-up is, you're one of Joe Igbokwe's minions.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by phase1: 8:09pm On Aug 25, 2018
Yyeske:
[s]Stop tagging the SS along because they had moved on while the SE is still angry after the loss.
Hope you know that the SS(Wike, Secondus etc) and the north now controls PDP.
SS(Oshio etc), SW and the north control the APC.
Which does the SE control[/s]?

Irritating dumbohari dumbsters are not worthy of intellectual rejoinders. Simply tell your dumbohari master to send all the almajiri muslim soldiers to the East to kill all SESS youths in so that 5%ers can vote him. Vulturistic zombierudeens grin grin

3 Likes

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by Nobody: 8:11pm On Aug 25, 2018
I can bet all my life savings on the fact that the Igbo's will never attain that presidency.
Their race is preprogrammed with hate and vile mouth
Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by phemyj(m): 8:11pm On Aug 25, 2018
dignity33:
AFONJA PRETENDING TO BE IGBO, LET ME CORRECT YOU BUHARI AND APC ARE NOT THE OWNER OF NIGERIA THAT IS ONE THING WITH BLACK MENTALITY SO BECAUSE IGBOS CHOOSE TO SUPPORT GEJ, NOW NO MEANINGFUL DEVELOPMENT WILL BE GIVING TO THE REGION FROM THIS ADMINISTRATION. YOU CLAIM TO BE LITERATE BUT WITH YOUR REASONS ILLITERATE THINK BETTER THAN YOU MOREOVER IGBOS ARE NOT EVEN THINKING OF BECOMING PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA WHAT MOST AVERAGE IGBOS WANT IS GOOD GOVERNANCE FOR ALL OR BIAFRA.
[color=#990000][quote author=dignity33 post=70601324][b]AFONJA PRETENDING TO BE IGBO, LET ME CORRECT YOU BUHARI AND APC ARE NOT THE OWNER OF NIGERIA THAT IS ONE THING WITH BLACK MENTALITY SO BECAUSE IGBOS CHOOSE TO SUPPORT GEJ, NOW NO MEANINGFUL DEVELOPMENT WILL BE GIVING TO THE REGION FROM THIS ADMINISTRATION. YOU CLAIM TO BE LITERATE BUT WITH YOUR REASONS ILLITERATE THINK BETTER THAN YOU MOREOVER IGBOS ARE NOT.. IS IT THAT THE IGBO's CANNOT WAIT TILL 2050 AGAIN?
Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by justtoodark: 8:13pm On Aug 25, 2018
africanusvu:
OK.accepted that we voted wrongly in 2015.now.APC is there.wat have they ever done to woo Igbo's.wat have they done for us to buy our love.those who voted APC have well av they been positioned. Wat do an Igbo APC agent got to present to his fellow Igbo's to make them go for APC.ways that thing PDP failed to achieve that APC av achieved

you dont have to like apc....apga is their,kowa is their...bypass fee dee fee....they are useless.....
Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by zinizta: 8:15pm On Aug 25, 2018
SolutionMee:
Apart from Rochas, all Igbos love Saraki and are ready to vote for him

I'm a Yoruba and I will as well vote for him

That's my decision and it is best known to me

Best known to me alone

Saraki is Yoruba as well....
Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by justtoodark: 8:15pm On Aug 25, 2018
graphiti:

this piece is by far one of the most balanced (if not the most balanced) article written by a south eastener post 2015!
All thru d article u could perceive d unbiasedness of the author.

He hit d nail tight on the head.
wow.....I'm really touched.

well writing...

normaly i get an headache when reading such long writings...but this wan,i was interested....
Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by zinizta: 8:20pm On Aug 25, 2018
MrJanuzaj:

REWIND TO 2014.

On what grounds?
On what records?
On what politics?

Ka Chineke mezie okwu.

(c) Dr Uche Diala

Goodluck convincing your people....

Meanwhile the SW is integrating intelligent and productive people to aid their development irrespective of their region of origin.... If the SE wants to live in the past precisely in the era of the civil war please allow them.... the UN charter that promulgated the human rights is still in force...

1 Like

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by phemyj(m): 8:23pm On Aug 25, 2018
[color=#000099][/color] IGBO PRESIDENCY WILL MANIFEST BUT NOT UNTILL 2039. Am not supoz tu tell una dis
Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by Paretomaster1(m): 8:24pm On Aug 25, 2018
OP, u speak well, but your brothers are coming for your head....

The truth is the Igbos are bitter because they dont get to rule, but that in its is there fault, they already burnt so many bridges......and are still doing so..

I wonder how they hope to actualize their dream, by making an enemy outta potential electorates...

1 Like

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by mide419: 8:28pm On Aug 25, 2018
MrJanuzaj:

REWIND TO 2014.

On what grounds?
On what records?
On what politics?

Ka Chineke mezie okwu.

(c) Dr Uche Diala

They knew apc will Bleep up.

They usually don't go for cheap things

I know them

2 Likes

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by justtoodark: 8:30pm On Aug 25, 2018
zinizta:

Meanwhile the SW is integrating intelligent and productive people to aid their development irrespective of their region of origin.... If the SE want to live in the past precisely in the era of the civil war please allow them.... the UN charter that promulgated the human rights is still in force...

we cant let them in this mindset...its too dangerous for all of us....

another cownunu could pop up and they will foolishly follow....

we have to continualy keep on talking sense into their heads....

1 Like

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by boringnigerian: 8:34pm On Aug 25, 2018
Well, I'm reading a few comments from supposed Igbo people and I'm surprised. Or not surprised.

Politics is a game and the Igbo have plated it terribly. First, constantly being divided and when united, it was on the wrong side of things.

Nobody would hand anybody power out of pity. If the Igbo will get political power at the Federal level in Nigeria, then it would have to play better politics. At the moment though, it is being played by better politics.
Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by goaldynboy: 8:36pm On Aug 25, 2018
Myjanuzaj:

I think you are the one smoking something. At least one senator from 2 major political parties. I wont educate you for free

Then you need to go back to elementary school to learn how to construct simple sentence!!

And why are you weaping more than the bereaved in this thread?!! You are just all over this thread foaming in your mouth like someone that suffer epilepsy! APC will not give Igbos Presidency in 2023, Is it your Presidency?!!

Abeg carry your Zombie ass out of here!!

2 Likes

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by Yyeske(m): 8:40pm On Aug 25, 2018
zinizta:

Meanwhile the SW is integrating intelligent and productive people to aid their development irrespective of their region of origin.... If the SE want to live in the past precisely in the era of the civil war please allow them.... the UN charter that promulgated the human rights is still in force...
UN charter on the right of a nation to protect its sovereignty is there too.

2 Likes

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by citizenY(m): 8:41pm On Aug 25, 2018
Alexk2:
Truth at it's peak for all south eastherners and I wish for the sake of the future, they listen this time and play a more pragmatic politics that'll earn them there pride. The old propaganda method and feeling of entitlement for what you never worked for is stale and inconsequential in Nigeria politics. Stop putting your eggs in one basket...enough said.

Tell them o

They are busy boiling these eggs. Once boiled, the same egg can neither hatch nor be used to produce Omeletes.

Anytime I see the invectives they hurl at other people, I begin to wonder if PVC will not be used by people anytime they have a candidate from their side.

My take
Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by atiku4President(m): 8:42pm On Aug 25, 2018
ObaIgwe1:

lol... Insults, day-dreaming and continual playing of emotional cards like you are doing will not cut it for Igbos. Wake up and smell the coffee. Politics is about self interests and numbers.

Either in 2023 or 2017 whenever PDP decides to zone presidency to the south and no Igbo man still get the ticket, maybe then you will wake up. Because it's not likely to go igbo way if the likes of Wike and other guys from SS or SW are contending. Check the figures bro, Igbos have the least political figures in the south to force anything their way except they play intelligent and smart politics...Its not gonna be by shouting and screaming on social media or insulting and blaming everyone out there.

You are not correct. Igbo, Yoruba or Hausa are not political parties. You find party members and supporters in all the tribes. Nigerian may tend to vote along tribal lines but in most cases in our political history, people have voted based on issues. In 1999 Yorubas didn't vote their son OBJ but he won. Was it OBJ's Yoruba tribe that gave him victory. You need to grow in thinking.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by destined4favour: 8:51pm On Aug 25, 2018
this a wonderful truth, you can't reap where you did sow. it time for Igbo's to be sincere to themselves and stop their birthright.
Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by Jax1: 8:52pm On Aug 25, 2018
citizenY:

Tell them o

They are busy boiling these eggs. Once boiled, the same egg can neither hatch nor be used to produce Omeletes.

Anytime I see the invectives they hurl at other people, I begin to wonder if PVC will not be used by people anytime they have a candidate from their side.

My take

This is my problem with you all.. U accuse the igbos of insulting others like u don't insult the igbos too.. Deregulated hypocrisy is all I see

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by Nobody: 8:53pm On Aug 25, 2018
Buhari 2019; Igbo Presidency 2023.
Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by Abeyjide: 9:00pm On Aug 25, 2018
bedspread:
[s][/s]COMPLETE THRASH......
Whenever the Igbos will produce president, the Major Political parties will put out an Igbo man..

Any other talk is Stories....

1999- PDP (Obj) AD( Falae)
2007- PDP( Yaradua) Anpp(Buhari )

If not that Yaradua died and GEJ took over..
The north would hv finished their turn now..

2019- the 2 Major are likely to pull out Northerners..

kindly check your Thrash (Trash)
Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by atiku4President(m): 9:05pm On Aug 25, 2018
boringnigerian:
Well, I'm reading a few comments from supposed Igbo people and I'm surprised. Or not surprised.

Politics is a game and the Igbo have plated it terribly. First, constantly being divided and when united, it was on the wrong side of things.

Nobody would hand anybody power out of pity. If the Igbo will get political power at the Federal level in Nigeria, then it would have to play better politics. At the moment though, it is being played by better politics.
Some of you talk with no sense of history. Igbos attained political relevance earlier than any other tribe in Nigeria. Late Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe was a political god in the eyes of the colonial government. You know his antecedents. Dr. Alex Ekwueme who was an Igbo man had a privileged political relationship with all sections of the country and became VP. The north over the years had strong political relationship with Ignos more than any other section of the country. President Buhari had Igbos as running mates the first 2 or 3 times he ran for presidency. You have not asked yourself why
What happened in 2015 cannot be ideal in judging political alignments.The Igbos were deep into PDP with their 'adopted' son GEJ as President. If it were you, what would you do? Any political relation that exists now must not be seen as recipe for grasping and retaining power. Igbos are a hard nut to crack in every sense of life.

4 Likes

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by atiku4President(m): 9:08pm On Aug 25, 2018
destined4favour:
this a wonderful truth, you can't reap where you did sow. it time for Igbo's to be sincere to themselves and stop their birthright.

In 1999 Yorubas reaped where they did not sow politically.They did not vote OBJ yet he won
What can you say about that? Can you be a bit reasonable in your thinking. It is not about tribe but issues.

5 Likes

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by gurnam: 9:10pm On Aug 25, 2018
atiku4President:

In 1999 Yorubas reaped where they did not sow politically.They did not vote OBJ yet he won
What can you say about that? Can you be a bit reasonable in your thinking. It is not about tribe but issues.

It will simply be a miscarriage of justice if APC should reward igbos with it Presidential candidate in 2023 with their antagonistic behavior to the party
Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by gurnam: 9:13pm On Aug 25, 2018
igbodefender:
Buhari 2019; Igbo Presidency 2023.

On what basis? At the moment igbos have insignificant presence in APC
Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by deomelo: 9:13pm On Aug 25, 2018
@ OP.

Well stated views, but we all know your people are generally against what's right and best for them especially when it comes to Nigeria.

Based on their general attitude against Nigeria as a country and their eternal and needless animosity against folks from outside their borders, I don't think they are capable or can make productive and rational political and social decisions.

The SE just like the rest of Nigeria has 2 choices, reach out to other regions in Nigeria and form alliances to achieve your goals or get out of Nigeria. Shouting and playing the enemy of my enemy is my friend kind of spoilers all over the place is for losers with zero sense of ambition and belonging.

Other regions in Nigeria are blessed with powerful and influential figures steering things politically on behalf of their people, but they don't have such figures in the SE.

Positively, things are changing politically and mentally in the SE because many in the SE are embracing the APC, we've seen defections, encouraging rallies with strong attendance by folks in the SE.
Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by ajadematanle: 9:21pm On Aug 25, 2018
Buhari have a lot to say in Igbo 2023 presidency.But the Igbo would have themselves to blame if they can't form a common front to take the opportunity.It's isn't a birth-rite but ability to present a good and acceptable candidate.I could remember what happened in 2002 during PDP primary when not less than 17 Igbo candidates contested and spoiled Alex Ekwueme chance of defeating OBJ in the primary.If they tow same line in 2023, South West would produce a formidable front and take the opportunity from them.
Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by atiku4President(m): 9:22pm On Aug 25, 2018
gurnam:

It will simply be a miscarriage of justice if APC should reward igbos with it Presidential candidate in 2023 with their antagonistic behavior to the party
You may doubt me. Dr. Ekwueme was to be the PDP presidential candidate in 1999 but it went to OBJ
Ekwueme was the leader of the G34 that challenged Abachas self succession plan. The group was mostly made up Igbos and Hausas. Yet OBJ came from prison and was made President for a reason. I will not say some things here. Nigerian elections have always been based on issue.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Protesters Call For Interim Govt, Want INEC Chairman Arrested / El-rufai Reveals APC Members Buhari Must Deal With Before 2023 Elections / Deji Adeyanju Accuses North Of Betraying Tinubu; Blames Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 171
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.