Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,554 members, 7,812,777 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:08 PM

"The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" (44555 Views)

2023: Rotimi Amaechi Is My Project For Presidency - Senator Ali Ndume / 2023 Presidency: Senator Anyim Pius Anyim Ticks All The Boxes / Senate Presidency: Senator Peter Nwaoboshi Declares Support For Ahmad Lawan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by graphiti: 6:22pm On Aug 25, 2018
MrJanuzaj:

Jonathan and co. release the greatest and most dangerous brand of ethnic and religious politicking in 2011 which peaked in 2015, but when Nigerians and PMB overcame that dangerous scourge, the result was the birth of a deadly virus into the Nigerian political space called Nnamdi Kanu. Unfortunately it has infected a lot of unimmuned people from my place.
it has gotten so bad that even ordinary TV adverts have to represent (at least) d 3 major tribes in order not 2 be seen as "not carrying us along". This was NEVER d case pre-2015!
Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by ObaIgwe1: 6:23pm On Aug 25, 2018
kaorama:

Tjen you are the one that is out of ppint. You can go lick a terrorist ass to become anything you want.

As long as you dont wake up tomorrow and join the normal rant of how Igbos are being marginalized when the fact on the ground is that Igbos are playing bad politics.

3 Likes

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by Yyeske(m): 6:23pm On Aug 25, 2018
graphiti:

Gbum!!!
that action was d greatest boomerang of all time!

if they had allowed d north complete their 2nd term, 2019 would have bn theirsvan a platter, because d SW (remember the sw stood solidly behind GEJ in 2010 to complete yaradua's) would've had no reason not to support them in 2019.

Truncating that flow three a big spanner in their political space. Moreover, the hatred spewed on d rest of Nigerians by the secessionists did a lot of damage to whatever 'bond' dt hitherto existed BTW SE and d rest.
The hate spewed by secessionist leader wasn't the crux ofvd matter but the huge support and followership he commanded. it was like he was speaking their mind.
so sad!
Thanks for the correction there but note that that secessionist had more vocal followers while the majority of the Igbo population were laid back because nobody wanted insults from those disgruntled elements, so they are not in the majority as you said but more vocal and insulting, no respect for anybody aside their cowardly god.
Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by Nobody: 6:24pm On Aug 25, 2018
positivethought:
so the APC don't even accept rotational zoning?, besides I remembered that the Igbo's through APGA were trying to forged a collective bargain prior to joining APC before Rochas out of selfish interest jump the gun scampered to join APC ahead of his kinsmen just so as to claim to be a pioneer founder of the party in SE,n it's no wonder that he is now laying claims of first right to the presidency come 2023 when APC will hopefully Ced it to the Igbo's, you condemn your brothers for playing bad politics because they supported PDP n APC won,have you ever seen the northerners behave the way you people do?,so if Igbo's supports APC n per adventure APC lost the elections you will still blame them for playing bad politics?, from the revelations coming out Tinubu n the SW will hardly accepts APC ceding the presidency to the SE in 2019 so take note,buhari has failed, the talk of his invincibility in the north n nationwide is nonsense, it's better for Igbo's to work with a formidable platform n candidate who will accept n guarantees a SE presidency in 2023 to realise their goal else come 2023 you shall be compiling new Lamentations, I'm from the middle belt n I truly wish for an Igbo presidency mind you.

APc are abiding by rotational presidency. If buhari finish it goes tovthe South, any of the Southern regions (read Sw, Se or Ss) can battle for it. After south it goes to the north any of NC, NE or NW can get it. Didnt you hear PDP telling Kwankwaso that they wont zone presidency to the NW where he hail from, they zoned it to all North. In 2023 APC will zone presidency to the South and Vice presidency to the NOrth, anybody from NC, NE or NW can get it. Nobody will zone it to SE alone you have to politic for it.
Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by selemempe: 6:25pm On Aug 25, 2018
Ojiofor:
Meanwhile,Tinubu have contracted his Joe Igbokwes to start writing epistles that touches the heart to Ndi Igbo.
Even those who on daily basis here has been saying after Buhari it's Osinbajo will turn aroundand join in preaching the poisonous gospel of Tinubu.
i tell u eh....some igbos tire me. See as them carry igbo presidency wan deceive my ppl

3 Likes

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by HajimeSaito(m): 6:26pm On Aug 25, 2018
MrJanuzaj:

You think being a jobless IPOB criminal makes you more Igbo? Onye ara. Otolo gba gbu kwa gi there.

Childish insults can never cover up a lack of basic intelligence.

If only you BMC idiots were not obsessed with earning your miserable pittances, maybe you would have stopped to take into consideration the bloodbaths by your dull-ard's kinsmen before deciding to throw your weight behind him.

The dull-ard KNOWS tha he can't win a free and fair election in this country and that is why he is doing everything possible to rig by making it hard for registered voters in the SE to get their PVCs and he has banned the use of smart phones at polling units.

We all read about the woman in Imo State who had to pretend to be pregnant before she was issued with a PVC. I have heard many, many similar stories, not just in the East, but also in the West.

Your con act didn't work in 2015 and it won't work in 2019 either.

It's a shame that 30k a month can't buy a decent phone, but it can buy the loyalty of BMC zombies. Cheaper by the dozen, I guess.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by desgiezd(m): 6:26pm On Aug 25, 2018
Kudos to the writer of that note, it's so much on point.

Without prejudice, the Igbos really do not know how to play politics. As a region, if you are supporting a Party, you don't just support without a basis for the support. Support should be based on hard negotiations on what the region will get for their support. The support of the Igbos for PDP has yielded nothing for them. OBJ played them with the construction of the 2nd Niger Bridge, Jonathan did the same, yet it wasn't constructed. For 16 years, the Igbos had nothing to show for their support for PDP. They treated GEJ as their adopted son yet the adopted son failed them woefully.

Today, the Igbos do not seem to have learnt anything from this mistake. Their bodies, souls and spirits are still with the PDP and this has made them to hate PMB and APC with passion. The same PMB is today constructing the 2nd Niger Bridge and many other inter-state roads. This hatred for PMB and APC has made them to become pawns in the hands of power players within the PDP but the people do not seem to realise this.

As a region, the time has come to restrategise and if their total support is still going to be for PDP, let that support be one that is borne out of hard negotiations, that is, wetin dey there for us!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by safarigirl(f): 6:27pm On Aug 25, 2018
graphiti:

it has gotten so bad that even ordinary TV adverts have to represent (at least) d 3 major tribes in order not 2 be seen as "not carrying us along". This was NEVER d case pre-2015!
this is a stupid lie

Which adverts carry the 3 major tribes? Is it today they started that one or you are just interested in being a shameless liar?

3 Likes

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by Yyeske(m): 6:27pm On Aug 25, 2018
selemempe:
two very unwise people insulting their own tribe while counting 'likes' from the enemy.

U all forget that the enemy who are giving u those likes and making it seem u are making sense will be quick to throw u under the bus along with the rest of ur tribe when the opportunity calls.

I was once like u in 2014 when i was castigating my ppl and campaigning for APC. I learnt tho.

There is a place for certain discussions...and here is not the place for this discussion
Making no sense as usual, I don't believe in your herd's mentality so speak for yourself

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by selemempe: 6:28pm On Aug 25, 2018
Yyeske:
Making no sense as usual, I don't believe in your herd's mentality so speak for yourself
good luck bro
Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by africanusvu(m): 6:29pm On Aug 25, 2018
Afamed:

The question should have been what has Ndigbos benefited from PDP since over 16 yrs of followership?
.stop this PDP blame thing for now .wat have APC done to Igbo's to convince them that they ar better.as for me.I lost my 6digit job same w

1 Like

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by graphiti: 6:30pm On Aug 25, 2018
Yyeske:
Thanks for the correction there but note that that secessionist had more vocal followers while the majority of the Igbo population were laid back because nobody wanted insults from those disgruntled elements, so they are not in the majority as you said but more vocal and insulting, no respect for anybody aside their cowardly god.
hmmmmm.....

1 Like

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by akiOYIBO: 6:31pm On Aug 25, 2018
Ojiofor:

Even Ngige,Nnamani,Andy Uba etc... They have a lot to choose from.
O di mma nu
Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by africanusvu(m): 6:31pm On Aug 25, 2018
Afamed:

The question should have been what has Ndigbos benefited from PDP since over 16 yrs of followership?
.stop this PDP blame thing for now .wat have APC done to Igbo's to convince them that they ar better.as for me.I lost my 6digit job same week APC enter asorock and is yet to get another.then.tell me why I shld ever vote a party that took food away from my mouth and keep me starving

3 Likes

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by Alexk2(m): 6:31pm On Aug 25, 2018
Myjanuzaj:

The below bolded is the reason of the indifference of being the president

"A group of boys were going to the field to play, he came accross a mango tree and on top of the mango tree is a ripe nice and delicious looking mango, this mango enticed them so much that they started using stones to bring it down from the height it is. They tried this for many hours but could not. One of them said to the other, "I think that mango up there is sour, so wont be sweet" the other boy agreed with him and they walked away without feeling bad"
Your story get part two because in the second part, that boy who claim the mango is bad will most likely come back to plug it and enjoy it all along and the other boys will put up a serious fight when they get to know... shocked shocked shocked
My point remain, they don't know what they really want.
Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by DonMekino(m): 6:32pm On Aug 25, 2018
My question is.... does having the presidency in ur region guarantee better life for that region, by now we should be talking of good governance irrespective of the region where the president comes from. If devt is based on who supported the president or his region, what then do we gain as Nigerians...its injustice that breeds some of these agitations here and there. Yes the north has power but in terms of human development.... Will u say they are better off than the southern States?? Igbo presidency is good but will it solve Nigerian problems.... People try to boast that their region is in power yet cannot eat three square meal while the politicians feed fat... Last last wetin u gain??

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by Yyeske(m): 6:32pm On Aug 25, 2018
selemempe:
good luck bro
Thanks
Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by Nobody: 6:33pm On Aug 25, 2018
kaorama:
And who told OP that Igbos are mad about Nigerian Presidency? Igbos don't need to be President to flourish. All Igbos need is fair playing ground and the right to dictate our development pace. If OP knew where Igbos found themselves economically after the civil war he/she would know that we are not a tribe to be intimidated. Allow is to utilize our resources and strenghts, then you would know we don't need your presidency to realise our dream as a region

"A group of boys were going to the field to play, he came accross a mango tree and on top of the mango tree is a ripe nice and delicious looking mango, this mango enticed them so much that they started using stones to bring it down from the height it is. They tried this for many hours but could not. One of them said to the other, "I think that mango up there is sour, so wont be sweet" the other boy agreed with him and they walked away without feeling bad"

The above bolded is the reason why igbos are not mad about presidency

1 Like

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by ObaIgwe1: 6:33pm On Aug 25, 2018
Afam4eva:

Of course. Maybe you can tell us why we have very few Igbos in Buhari's cabinet. I don't care if you guys suport Buhari but don't try to play with our sensibilities. We are no fools. The last thing Buhari will do in this world is to hand over to an Igbo man. PDP are no saint either but atleast they've trusted on with some positions that were denied us in the past.

It is not a rock science that Igbos have few important position under this government when Igbos contributed less than 5% to the success of the government and openly showed disdain for the ruling party, never appreciating or seeing anything good in Buhari. Even other regions that supported APC did not show 1/10th of such hatred to PDP, making them readily available in case of power shift.

Igbos cannot eat their cake and have it. Igbos are playing very bad politics and terrible political calculations to their own disadvantage.

Fact remains that without proper alliance, Igbo cannot decide or enforce anything in Nigeria polity, Igbos have the smallest political force in the south. just check the figures of the last election and see how weak and less relevant igbos are on their own.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by akiOYIBO: 6:33pm On Aug 25, 2018
Yyeske:
Nobody would drag you in, you have to force yourself in just like others did.
prove to me others forced themselves in and I will dump every ideology for yours.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by Nobody: 6:33pm On Aug 25, 2018
Yyeske:
How do you get that 'fair playing ground' if you don't participate in national politics, how do you want others to hear your view when you decide not associate with them?
Associating with them doesn't only mean being President. Your idea can become a policy. We Nigerians only think about position and not influence
Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by ADMAF(m): 6:35pm On Aug 25, 2018
Juliusmalema:

Kwarans love saraki so much....

But they hate that lying mantis lai mohammed.
Lol...... u must be really far away from contemporary Kwara politics to make that assertion. Perhaps, you unaware the chairman of the PDP and several stakeholders left the party as soon as they knew saraki had joined. Why do u think that happened?
Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by Nobody: 6:36pm On Aug 25, 2018
Alexk2:

Your story get part two because in the second part, that boy who claim the mango is bad will most likely come back to plug it and enjoy it all along and the other boys will put up a serious fight when they get to know... shocked shocked shocked
My point remain, they don't know what they really want.

The boy that will come back to pluck the mango is the Southsouth. They were together in the fight with SE in 2015 because of GEJ, now Southsouth have come back to start stoning the mango again by gradually aligning. While the SE are still basking on the contempt of elusion

1 Like

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by FisifunKododada: 6:36pm On Aug 25, 2018
This post might just be the most intelligent post from an Igbo person I have ever read at least on NL. Unfortunately, his target audience (ipob pigs/osu yibows) are just too dense to appreciate his sagacity.

2 Likes

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by Princedapace(m): 6:36pm On Aug 25, 2018
Yyeske:
Just counter what the OP said and stop your whining.

president this, president that.. north has produced the highest number of people who ruled this country and who occupied juicy position, how has that benefited northern Nigeria?

Like north, like every other part of the country?

I use God bed una, una no dey tire for all these presidency, region, slot, bla bla bla?

Oh boy, Nigeria is not working, no region is working.. That Buhari is the president, has it changed the fact that Northern Nigeria is the the HQ of poverty in west africa?

Make una get sense..

4 Likes

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by Nobody: 6:37pm On Aug 25, 2018
Yyeske:
You must be at the helms of affairs to influence that 'business friendly environment'.

Thank you sir. Like in the case of OBJ vs Dangote vs Ibeto

1 Like

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by Mordecai(m): 6:38pm On Aug 25, 2018
Myjanuzaj:

Head of parastatals are not in buharis cabinet. There are 4 service chiefs CDS is from Ekiti, COAS is from NW. CNS is from Crossriver, Chief of Air staff is from NC. Southeast and Buharis NE did not get i didnt hear the Northeast crying foul. Moreover it took PDP 13 years to give southeast a single service chief position in Azubuike Ihejirika. Dont you see that you are just trying to give the dog a bad name to hang it?

You cannot deceive Ndigbo by spewing out half-truths and false information. When you talk of service chiefs, please mention ALL service chiefs. Mention the Police, DSS, NIA etc. Bring the whole picture, not parts of it, let's analyse it properly.

When you talk about the politics of Ndigbo, you first of all, need to understand that they do not want the Presidency for the sake of itself. The Igbo man goes to all nooks and crannies of the country to carry out his trade. It thus stands to reason that they simply want a conducive environment for business and peace EVERYWHERE. And for that we do not need an Igbo President. We just need a nationalist President. And that is what Buhari can never become. Which is also why we will NEVER support him.

Op, I have to ask, are you sure you are Igbo?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by Nobody: 6:38pm On Aug 25, 2018
ObaIgwe1:

As long as you dont wake up tomorrow and join the normal rant of how Igbos are being marginalized when the fact on the ground is that Igbos are playing bad politics.

You have sold your soul into slavery. Go ahead and enjoy the goodies. Greatness is not by whom you associate with but by the idea you associate with. This country is doomed with follow follow people like you. We stand for restructuring. And when it comes, you will be ashamed of all the crumps you have gathered by follow follow business.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by Nobody: 6:39pm On Aug 25, 2018
akiOYIBO:
I do not see the logistics behind this right up so am just having problems contributing logically to the write up. The only two things apparent to me (let me not say logical in the write up) is: the OP is APC and he is embitered. But why? Why are u so embitered?

You are deluded to think i am embittered. Yes i am APC but why will i be embittered my Party is in power and are winning elections after election and are very likely going to win the nnext election. Why will i be embittered? I am throwing the ignorance of folks like you on the face
Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by Yyeske(m): 6:41pm On Aug 25, 2018
akiOYIBO:

prove to me others forced themselves in and I will dump every ideology for yours.
APC was formed by an amalgamation of parties, APGA was invited but they stood out.
Before the 2015 general election, while other ethnic group organizations granted audience to Buhari, Ohaneze stood out, shamefully it was the first organization to pay Buhari a visit after he won with some stupid demands.
Ngige who should've been the Senate president now is not there because he contested under an "Islamic" party.
Can I give you more?

1 Like

Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by Alexk2(m): 6:43pm On Aug 25, 2018
Myjanuzaj:

The boy that will come back to pluck the mango is the Southsouth. They were together in the fight with SE in 2015 because of GEJ, now Southsouth have come back to start stoning the mango again by gradually aligning. While the SE are still basking on the contempt of elusion
Before nko, they aren't stupid and they never forget history so easily. You need to read of how they were persecuted and called different names during the civil war. How can they stand it when within the "real" igbos, there are halfcast and second citizens. Forget wike style or Dickson large heart o, they know what's up when it comes to that one.
Re: "The Truth About Igbo Presidency: Senator Saraki Playing On Our Intelligence" by Yyeske(m): 6:43pm On Aug 25, 2018
Myjanuzaj:

100% correct there, the SS has moved on while the SE is still angry after the loss of an Ijaw man in 2015

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Court Sacks Senator Atai Aidoko / Supreme Court Affirms Oyetola As Governor Of Osun State / Ogun State At 40: List Of Dignitaries From Ogun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.