Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,008 members, 7,814,441 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread - Car Talk (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread (445568 Views)

A Look At 2019 Armoured Mercedes-Maybach S560,Official Car Of President Buhari / So Buhari's Official Car Na Boi Boi Sef... / Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by weyreypey: 6:01pm On Sep 21, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

For off-roading? Probably.
For off-roading I'd go with the Nissan xterra

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by zsch: 1:05am On Sep 22, 2018
Please I would love a comparison between 20010: Scion Tc & Honda City
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 8:08am On Sep 22, 2018
zsch:
Please I would love a comparison between 20010: Scion Tc & Honda City

you are supposed to compare the scion to the civic coupe.

scion 2.4L engine 20/27
city 1.3/1.5/1.8L 26/34

The scion is a sports performance vehicle and a 2 door coupe.

The city is a reliable point A to B vehicle

both vehicles are reliable, the scion has a more upscale interior and sound system.
interior wise they are both well built and the scion though a coupe has enough leg room and boot space.

The scion is for a single individual who likes good things.

The city is a family vehicle and good for city runs.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ibbkiddsx: 11:10am On Sep 22, 2018
nurey:

All the model you are looking at is superior and fuel economy is identical in all trims but the pilot is the only one without a V8 engine the Gx is generally a v8, durability is same, maintenace is even identical but the lexus and toyota v8 is a bit above the remaining 3 though the pathy has a v8 too.
Interior finish/loading/luxury/appeal gx470-pilot-pathfinder-4Runner

you can purchase any nigerian used as long as it is inspected and certified in optimum condition, the pathfinder would be the cheapest to purchase, the Gx470 would be extremely expensive.

Thank you for your indept analysis. Really appreciate it

But one Kazeem told me that Pathfinder model from 05 to 08 have engine issues. That model from 1998 to 2002 are better
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 11:40am On Sep 22, 2018
ibbkiddsx:

Thank you for your indept analysis. Really appreciate it

But one Kazeem told me that Pathfinder model from 05 to 08 have engine issues. That model from 1998 to 2002 are better

lies that engine is solid the only issue is you will need a transmission coolant bypass if your specimen hasn't undergone one. There was a design flaw in the radiator to transmission coolant passage way. With a bypass your vehicle would not be prone to transmission failure.

https://www.nairaland.com/991254/own-nissan-pathfinder-xterra-05-11

https://www.nairaland.com/2336866/2006-pathfinder-coolant-transmission-issuesrecommended

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by weyreypey: 12:39pm On Sep 22, 2018
nurey:

lies that engine is solid the only issue is you will need a transmission coolant bypass if your specimen hasn't undergone one. There was a design flaw in the radiator to transmission coolant passage way. With a bypass your vehicle would not be prone to transmission failure.

https://www.nairaland.com/2336866/2006-pathfinder-coolant-transmission-issuesrecommended
On point. Although I don't see any sense in driving that pile of metal... Lexus GX or MB Gwagen will be more fitting
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ibbkiddsx: 12:49pm On Sep 22, 2018
nurey:

Thanks again
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Nobody: 4:32pm On Sep 22, 2018
OKAY....

Here is another comparison.

Which of these cars is best taking into consideration factors like maintenance cost, durability, speed, and stamina, etc. Please leave out purchase cost... Not relevant for now.

Its the 2000 Benz C230 and the 2005 Benz C230

Cc: Nurey, heavenlybang, nwanneni,

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by weyreypey: 4:52pm On Sep 22, 2018
MasterRahl:
OKAY....

Here is another comparison.

Which of these cars is best taking into consideration factors like maintenance cost, durability, speed, and stamina, etc. Please leave out purchase cost... Not relevant for now.

Its the 2000 Benz C230 and the 2005 Benz C230

Cc: Nurey, heavenlybang, nwanneni,
No questions.... The W202 is simply durable, indestructible, rugged, very low maintenance cost, stamina. Speed is for the 2005 model.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Nobody: 5:17pm On Sep 22, 2018
weyreypey:

No questions.... The W202 is simply durable, indestructible, rugged, very low maintenance cost, stamina. Speed is for the 2005 model.
Lol. Thanks bro

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 5:19pm On Sep 22, 2018
weyreypey:

see your life so car dey get stamina grin

MasterRahl here is your answer

4 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Nobody: 5:22pm On Sep 22, 2018
nurey:

Hmmmmmm. Na so una appreciate this car reach? I fell in love with the ride when my lecturer drove it. Chilling AC though.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 5:29pm On Sep 22, 2018
weyreypey:

Listen to this guy, MasterRahl.
The W202 is a far more solid car than the W203. The 2005 C240 isn't bad, though. I'm a fan of both it and the 2005 C320.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Nobody: 5:48pm On Sep 22, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

Listen to this guy, MasterRahl.
The W202 is a far more solid car than the W203. The 2005 C240 isn't bad, though. I'm a fan of both it and the 2005 C320.
grin. The 2005 model looks more sporty.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 6:06pm On Sep 22, 2018
MasterRahl:
grin. The 2005 model looks more sporty.

Definitely. For what it's worth, I'd buy the C240. wink

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by weyreypey: 7:29pm On Sep 22, 2018
nurey:

Yes ke... You want to compare your Sienna with the quest?

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Nobody: 7:52pm On Sep 22, 2018
weyreypey:

Yes ke... You want to compare your Sienna with the quest?
grin

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Femsyn(m): 8:08pm On Sep 22, 2018
Thoughts on the Toyota Corolla Verso (3 rows) urgently needed.

Thanks in advance.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Kendricklamar(m): 8:57pm On Sep 22, 2018
Please guys i would like a comparism of the Acura ZDX Vs the Honda Cross tour
Which is better??
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:11pm On Sep 22, 2018
Kendricklamar:
Please guys i would like a comparism of the Acura ZDX Vs the Honda Cross tour
Which is better??

No comparison at all. ZDX is the much better car. It's also going to be more expensive to own, though.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Kendricklamar(m): 10:57pm On Sep 22, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

No comparison at all. ZDX is the much better car. It's also going to be more expensive to own, though.

Thanks so much
Like how much should i budget getting this bae
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 4:04am On Sep 23, 2018
Femsyn:
Thoughts on the Toyota Corolla Verso (3 rows) urgently needed.

Thanks in advance.

Nice car, if it was converted ensure it was done well
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:10am On Sep 23, 2018
Kendricklamar:

Thanks so much
Like how much should i budget getting this bae

https://www.nairaland.com/search?q=acura+zdx&board=26&topicsonly=1

Note that the ZDX was only in production for five years or so, and has been discontinued since 2013. I'm not sure how available its parts are, although it shares the same platform with the MDX.

Cc: Gazzuzz. Would you recommend this, sir?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Odogwu007: 8:14am On Sep 23, 2018
Hi,

Please I need your opinions for a first time car owner,
Looking a economy of maintenance, fuel, comfort.
He has a budget of 2m. He has mentioned Corolla & Camry but he doesn't know what are their pros and cons. But at the same time if there are other models that are value for money for a first time owner then name drop please.
Note: he's scared of getting a model that is too old say lower than '08 but like I said he's not well versed in automobiles. So if there's a bargain down low, do mention.

I'll be sending him your replies as he's not on NL.
Thanks in advance. �

Also, for me who knows the difference(s) between Corolla models from America, South Africa, Asia ?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:53am On Sep 23, 2018
Odogwu007:
Hi,

Please I need your opinions for a first time car owner,
Looking a economy of maintenance, fuel, comfort.
He has a budget of 2m. He has mentioned Corolla & Camry but he doesn't know what are their pros and cons. But at the same time if there are other models that are value for money for a first time owner then name drop please.
Note: he's scared of getting a model that is too old say lower than '08 but like I said he's not well versed in automobiles. So if there's a bargain down low, do mention.

I'll be sending him your replies as he's not on NL.
Thanks in advance. �

Also, for me who knows the difference(s) between Corolla models from America, South Africa, Asia ?

2m for an 08+ car? Nigerian used, definitely, and even then you aren't exactly spoilt for choices.

If toks is a must, buy a Honda Civic and rest. 2008 Civic. Get the most optioned one you can find. Those engines have a defect, though, so be careful.

If you're willing to go for Nigerian used, get a V6 Camry or an i4 Accord.

Honestly, that 2008 thing is completely arbitrary and pointless.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Charlssey(m): 12:14pm On Sep 23, 2018
Please I need your inputs.

I plan on getting a second car soon. My current car is a well maintained 96 Carina E for which I only use 10w40
Total 9000 or 0w40 Mobil 1 engine oil with almost 300,000km of mileage on its initial engine and auto transmission. I consider myself a "semi-car enthusiast" and I intend to keep the Toyota for as long as possible as a backup car and for personal reasons.

I wanted something more engaging; a toks 2007 Mercedes c230 or Nigerian used 2008 c300 (not 4matic) but my fiancee prefers a toks 2007/08 crv (2WD) or a 2005 Lexus rx 330 (FWD) . We only drive automatics and she is likely to use the second car more often than myself after marriage. Please could you compare the cars in terms of fuel economy, maintenance costs, durability, driving experience, cabin interior looks, availability of parts and technical know how, unavailability of premium fuel and practicality (in terms of an intending young family with a combined monthly income of about 400k residing in Uyo) .

She is ready to go with my choice though and our daily movements involve a total highway driving of about 50km

PS: I know the 4 cars are not in the same vehicle class.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Jabia(m): 1:21pm On Sep 23, 2018
Hello Gents (and lady!).

I intend to purchase my first vehicle in a couple of months. I'd like something a bit stylish, but fairly affordable. The 'future' misus would prefer we get the most recent model we can afford. Our main concerns are fuel consumption, reliability, readily available parts/technicians, and some resistace to fairly bad roads (Think Mile 2 - Badagry express).

I'm currently considering the Ford Edge, Acura MDX and Lexus RX350 (2010 - 2013 models). Budget is 3 - 4 million NAIRA. Doable?

Thanks for your time.

cc: nurey HeavenlyBang radautoworks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 1:31pm On Sep 23, 2018
Charlssey:
Please I need your inputs.

I plan on getting a second car soon. My current car is a well maintained 96 Carina E for which I only use 10w40
Total 9000 or 0w40 Mobil 1 engine oil with almost 300,000km of mileage on its initial engine and auto transmission. I consider myself a "semi-car enthusiast" and I intend to keep the Toyota for as long as possible as a backup car and for personal reasons.

I wanted something more engaging; a toks 2007 Mercedes c230 or Nigerian used 2008 c300 (not 4matic) but my fiancee prefers a toks 2007/08 crv (2WD) or a 2005 Lexus rx 330 (FWD) . We only drive automatics and she is likely to use the second car more often than myself after marriage. Please could you compare the cars in terms of fuel economy, maintenance costs, durability, driving experience, cabin interior looks, availability of parts and technical know how, unavailability of premium fuel and practicality (in terms of an intending young family with a combined monthly income of about 400k residing in Uyo) .

She is ready to go with my choice though and our daily movements involve a total highway driving of about 50km

PS: I know the 4 cars are not in the same vehicle class.

Thanks

The CRV should be on your list a very good fuel efficient CUV good ground clearance common engine fitted to a lot of Honda 4 cylinder vehicles reliable and easy to work on. The boot offers good cargo space and a practical vehicle.

The Rx is a luxurious vehicle reliable and still good looking even though it is old. The 3.3L 3mzfe engine is also a good engine to work on and not expensive parts though not as cheap in maintenance to the crv and available in FWD or AWD. Robber and kidnappers magnet though.

The 2007 benz is the last year in that body design also luxurious from factory and not a bad vehicle to own with its sporty look and miniature look ensures you get a tad average fuel economy. The NA V6 engine ensures easy engine work and not bad when you decide to fire on the highway, the balance and speed is ideal and showcases it's sportiness.

The 2008 c class benz is a total different package first in its generation and a Nigerian used. I don't much about this vehicle but I am certain it would be most expensive to maintain on the long.

If your carina is a wagon, you will already used to carrying load and the additional space it offers. pick your choice in the manner below

CRV-RX-C230-C300

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 1:39pm On Sep 23, 2018
Jabia:
Hello Gents (and lady!).

I intend to purchase my first vehicle in a couple of months. I'd like something a bit stylish, but fairly affordable. The 'future' misus would prefer we get the most recent model we can afford. Our main concerns are fuel consumption, reliability, readily available parts/technicians, and some resistace to fairly bad roads (Think Mile 2 - Badagry express).

I'm currently considering the Ford Edge, Acura MDX and Lexus RX350 (2010 - 2013 models). Budget is 3 - 4 million NAIRA. Doable?

Thanks for your time.

cc: nurey HeavenlyBang radautoworks

With that road and the traffic you should look for something lighter and not too luxurious so you can save on fuel due to traffic and cheap parts because the road is terrible

Honda CRV
Toyota Rav4
mitsubishi outlander/ASX
hyundai ix35
kia sportage

all this are good alternatives with recent models with cheap and durable parts. Also available in 4cylinder engines

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Charlssey(m): 1:47pm On Sep 23, 2018
nurey:

The CRV should be on your list a very good fuel efficient CUV good ground clearance common engine fitted to a lot of Honda 4 cylinder vehicles reliable and easy to work on. The boot offers good cargo space and a practical vehicle.

The Rx is a luxurious vehicle reliable and still good looking even though it is old. The 3.3L 3mzfe engine is also a good engine to work on and not expensive parts though not as cheap in maintenance to the crv and available in FWD or AWD. Robber and kidnappers magnet though.

The 2007 benz is the last year in that body design also luxurious from factory and not a bad vehicle to own with its sporty look and miniature look ensures you get a tad average fuel economy. The NA V6 engine ensures easy engine work and not bad when you decide to fire on the highway, the balance and speed is ideal and showcases it's sportiness.

The 2008 c class benz is a total different package first in its generation and a Nigerian used. I don't much about this vehicle but I am certain it would be most expensive to maintain on the long.

If your carina is a wagon, you will already used to carrying load and the additional space it offers. pick your choice in the manner below

CRV-RX-C230-C300

Thanks nurey.

I knew my fiancee's crv choice was better practically. I recently did a test drive on a 07 c230 and the drive quality was exciting & the cool interior�, hence my confusion.

The Carina e is a lift back so I've already got a vehicle to carry lots of load if the back seats are collapsed.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ugreat(m): 1:52pm On Sep 23, 2018
Guys I need your thoughts on 2004 Kia Rio
cc Nurey, Heavenlybang, Gazzuzz
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 1:54pm On Sep 23, 2018
nurey:

With that road and the traffic you should look for something lighter and not too luxurious so you can save on fuel due to traffic and cheap parts because the road is terrible

Honda CRV
Toyota Rav4
mitsubishi outlander/ASX
hyundai ix35
kia sportage

all this are good alternatives with recent models with cheap and durable parts. Also available in 4cylinder engines

I'd recommend the ix35 and CRV. Rav4 is also solid, though. As you're a guy, you should probably get the V6.

Cc: Jabia

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (259) (Reply)

How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.