Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread - Car Talk (113) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread (446247 Views)

A Look At 2019 Armoured Mercedes-Maybach S560,Official Car Of President Buhari / So Buhari's Official Car Na Boi Boi Sef... / Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) ... (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Nameflow(m): 5:12pm On Mar 24, 2020
H
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 5:12pm On Mar 24, 2020
ArchEnemy:
Please, Does acura ball joints also tear apart since they are made by Honda?

Up to a certain year, yes. And depends on the Acura model.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ArchEnemy(m): 5:30pm On Mar 24, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Up to a certain year, yes. And depends on the Acura model.
phew
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dicksonadams(m): 5:35pm On Mar 24, 2020
Nameflow:
Please experts in the house, I need advice. I'm looking to get my first car also married with babies on the way. My choices are a used Honda accord 2009, Honda civic 2008 hybrid toks and a Toyota camry 2003 used. Budget is limited at 1.2.

Secondly, are hybrid cars advisable in our environment?

Thanks again.
. Forget the hybrid due to finding qualify technician and original parts

For your budget rhe camry 03 will serve you well.

Safe delivery to your wife
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ParkiaZerm(m): 7:27pm On Mar 24, 2020
How reliable is toyota rav 4 2008 or later model years whether i4 or V6 coming from a 2003 honda accord i4
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Aaaaarghmed(m): 9:30pm On Mar 24, 2020
Nameflow:
Please experts in the house, I need advice. I'm looking to get my first car also married with babies on the way. My choices are a used Honda accord 2009, Honda civic 2008 hybrid toks and a Toyota camry 2003 used. Budget is limited at 1.2.

Thanks again.
get the 03 Camry,it is very spacious but pls endeavour to do ur due diligence in getting a non abused car,if possible get a foreign used.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:34pm On Mar 24, 2020
Nameflow:

Thanks again.

Get a regular Civic.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by chloride6: 12:13am On Mar 25, 2020
2011 XLE full option any experiences?

Good for a first car?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by falansa: 1:52pm On Mar 25, 2020
So I'm looking at lexus es350 2009-2010 model with a budget of 2.7-3mil.

Is this a good option? And odometer of 120,000-160,000 from copart is it still a good buy?

Please advise bosses. I'm open to more options if need be.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 2:05pm On Mar 25, 2020
falansa:
So I'm looking at lexus es350 2009-2010 model with a budget of 2.7-3mil.

Is this a good option? And odometer of 120,000-160,000 from copart is it still a good buy?

Please advise bosses. I'm open to more options if need be.

Thank you

Yes, good buy. Enjoy.
If you want something a bit different, look at a 2009/2010 Acura TSX.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by falansa: 3:38pm On Mar 25, 2020
Thanks boss

HeavenlyBang:

Yes, good buy. Enjoy.
If you want something a bit different, look at a 2009/2010 Acura TSX.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dicksonadams(m): 4:38pm On Mar 25, 2020
Hi guy a friend want to help me import 2004 Ford crown Victoria, he swear that I will enjoy it cause he rides one for about 2 years now. Car cost is 700 dollars and about 1.15m to naija nothing to fix, 133k miles. He said the car is rugged and bulletproof. That many people only focus on Toyota.

Please I need an advice from any car guru on this car
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 6:45pm On Mar 25, 2020
dicksonadams:
Hi guy a friend want to help me import 2004 Ford crown Victoria, he swear that I will enjoy it cause he rides one for about 2 years now. Car cost is 700 dollars and about 1.15m to naija nothing to fix, 133k miles. He said the car is rugged and bulletproof. That many people only focus on Toyota.

Did he also tell you that the engine is a 4.6L V8 engine and transmission bullet proof but generally the car turns head, it is a full size big sedan probably same fatness as a W140 S- class.

I don't know much about its reliability or ruggedness but it can be kept as a classic if it is still in mint condition
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 6:48pm On Mar 25, 2020
dicksonadams:

Crown Vics actually are very solid. Not sure about parts availability, though.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by victor175(m): 4:09am On Mar 26, 2020
Good day everyone.

Please I need advice on buying 2009/2010 Mercedes Benz glk 350 or used BMW X6 as first car.

I’ve not seen any advice about that here, any info is appreciated

With considerations to reliability, maintenance and value for money.

Thanks in advance
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Zane2point4(m): 5:46am On Mar 26, 2020
Pls all this people discouraging people from buying camry 2007 - 2009 blc of the oil shortage on 2Az fe,bear it in mind you're not actually so right.
Its something one can manage and hardly notice with regular weekly check up on oil level mostly if you drive on a very far distance,doesnt burn oil as una deh hype am here, a very reliable machine.
My second car and talking from xperience.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dicksonadams(m): 7:12am On Mar 26, 2020
victor175:
Good day everyone.

Please I need advice on buying 2009/2010 Mercedes Benz glk 350 or used BMW X6 as first car.

Thanks in advance

Mercedes and BMW as first Car when reliability and maintenance are part of your requirements is somehow o... But let's wait for the guru in the house to intervene
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dicksonadams(m): 7:14am On Mar 26, 2020
Zane2point4:
Pls all this people discouraging people from buying camry 2007 - 2009 blc of the oil shortage on 2Az fe,bear it in mind you're not actually so right.
Its something one can manage and hardly notice with regular weekly check up on oil level mostly if you drive on a very far distance,doesnt burn oil as una deh hype am here, a very reliable machine.

Cheers!

Yeah, you will just spend more on oil than others.

Would just rather avoid the hassle, except if car is relatively not as expensive compare to other competitors
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:31am On Mar 26, 2020
victor175:
Good day everyone.

Thanks in advance

Look carefully, people. Here's one more confirmed case of village people manipulation.
Na express you dey go, bros, no try am.

Buy a toks GLK and enjoy your car. I absolutely love the BMW X6, and I'm a pretty brave person when it comes to car purchases, but even I would never buy an X6.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:33am On Mar 26, 2020
Zane2point4:

Cheers!

Plenty of cars burn oil. Nissan's VQ burns oil, Honda's J37 burns oil. You can live with it. It's not such a big deal. Change oil every 2500 miles and you're good to go.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by victor175(m): 9:26am On Mar 26, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Look carefully, people. Here's one more confirmed case of village people manipulation.
Na express you dey go, bros, no try am.

Buy a toks GLK and enjoy your car. I absolutely love the BMW X6, and I'm a pretty brave person when it comes to car purchases, but even I would never buy an X6.

Thanks for the information.

I’ve heard the cost of maintenance is high for BMW X6.

Please any reason you advise me not to buy the X6 instead? As I know it offers more power and performance than glk350
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:30am On Mar 26, 2020
victor175:

Thanks for the information.

I’ve heard the cost of maintenance is high for BMW X6.

Please any reason you advise me not to buy the X6 instead? As I know it offers more power and performance than glk350

It's a money pit, and I wouldn't wish it on someone I know. Great car, otherwise.

GLK is built on the C Class platform, so shares plenty of parts.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by victor175(m): 9:43am On Mar 26, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

It's a money pit, and I wouldn't wish it on someone I know. Great car, otherwise.

GLK is built on the C Class platform, so shares plenty of parts.

Okay, going for glk then. Thank you
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Zane2point4(m): 10:55am On Mar 26, 2020
dicksonadams:

Yeah, you will just spend more on oil than others.

Would just rather avoid the hassle, except if car is relatively not as expensive compare to other competitors
Do you use this said vehicle??
Fact is this. : you may not even need to top oil before the next oil change:

The shortage is minimal,am talking from experience.
Na wetin i deh drive now sef.

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Zane2point4(m): 10:59am On Mar 26, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Plenty of cars burn oil. Nissan's VQ burns oil, Honda's J37 burns oil. You can live with it. It's not such a big deal. Change oil every 2500 miles and you're good to go.
Yes baba.
But as dem dey talk am like say,if you drive 100km,you'll buy 1 quartz of oil and change grin cheesy
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dicksonadams(m): 11:04am On Mar 26, 2020
Zane2point4:

Do you use this said vehicle??
Fact is this. : you may not even need to top oil before the next oil change:

The shortage is minimal,am talking from experience.
Na wetin i deh drive now sef.

Ok
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by KINGreignn: 11:25am On Mar 26, 2020
victor175:
Good day everyone.

Thanks in advance

Mercedes Benz, jaguar, Land Rover, BMW have witchcraftcy and voodoo following them. But the BMW X6 Na Satan personally create their own witchcraft and voodoo.

4 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by xrayj(m): 12:43pm On Mar 26, 2020
Guys pls compare between 2013 Camry & Lexus ES 350 08. cc kingreignn nurey heavenlybang & others
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:58pm On Mar 26, 2020
xrayj:
Guys pls compare between 2013 Camry & Lexus ES 350 08. cc kingreignn nurey heavenlybang & others

Hmmm. Close one, but I'd probably still take the ES tbh. Will be the more refined ride, though it's not like the ES rides amazing or anything.

That aside, though, the Camry is the more sensible choice imo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 12:58pm On Mar 26, 2020
xrayj:

But the camry is certainly more expensive than the 08 ES. Though out of the box the ES possibly has more luxurious feel.

Camry has 4 cylinder the ES doesn't so expect better mpg from the 4 cylinder camry. In terms of cost of parts the ES has lower price for parts since it is shared with the XV40 07-12 camry.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by xrayj(m): 12:59pm On Mar 26, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Hmmm. Close one, but I'd probably still take the ES tbh. Will be the more refined ride, though it's not like the ES rides amazing or anything.
Thanks for ur reply
But does the 2013 Camry come with V6?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:59pm On Mar 26, 2020
nurey:

But the camry is certainly more expensive than the 08 ES. Though out of the box the ES possibly has more luxurious feel.

Camry has 4 cylinder the ES doesn't so expect better mpg from the 4 cylinder camry. In terms of cost of parts the ES has lower price for parts since it is shared with the XV40 07-12 camry.

2013 Camry has gotten cheap tbh. Just above 3m these days.

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) ... (259) (Reply)

How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.