Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,004 members, 7,821,519 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:15 PM

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread - Car Talk (166) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread (447424 Views)

A Look At 2019 Armoured Mercedes-Maybach S560,Official Car Of President Buhari / So Buhari's Official Car Na Boi Boi Sef... / Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) ... (260) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by loveson(m): 1:51pm On Feb 28, 2021
Thank you

HeavenlyBang:

The '11 Avalon offers the most value for money, yeah.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by loveson(m): 1:51pm On Feb 28, 2021
Thank you

Philadelphia:

Take the 2011 Avalon.
It’ll be the most expensive to purchase though.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 3:04pm On Feb 28, 2021
dominicohai:
Happy Sunday gurus

I'm thinking of getting a car and I'm torn between getting the Avalon Limited 07-09 and the Acura TL 2009.

I have driven the Avalon 08 numerous times and it is very responsive, especially in Lagos traffic. But I've been seeing a lot of reviews on the Acural TL.

In terms of maintenance costs, reliability and driving experience, which is better please?

And if the Acura is more expensive to maintain, please can you compare examples of spare parts of the Avalon and the TL? This is so I can know if I can bear the extra maintenance expenses. Thank you.

The TL will be more expensive to own. Greater fuel economy, more expensive parts.
It's a better vehicle, though, especially with SH-AWD.

Pick your poison.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by dominicohai(m): 6:05pm On Feb 28, 2021
Thanks. Can you give an example of how much more expensive the parts are, as compared to Avalon?

I'm really eyeing the TL, but I need to know if I can comfortably foot the extra expenses on repairs and maintenance.

Thank you boss

HeavenlyBang:

The TL will be more expensive to own. Greater fuel economy, more expensive parts.

Pick your poison.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Miee: 7:04pm On Feb 28, 2021
Is the Toyota Land Cruiser a good suv to buy in Nigeria?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7w47BnkmrM
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Totleowi(m): 7:39pm On Feb 28, 2021
Happy Sunday Guys,
I am in the market for a daily driver. Work is about 40 mins away, good roads. I have a lexus is250 I want to use only for the weekends.
Budget for the new ride is 1.2-1.5M. High points are fuel economy, reliability and cheap parts.
PS; neat Nigerian used cars can be considered after professional inspection.
Recommendations please?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:01pm On Feb 28, 2021
Totleowi:
Happy Sunday Guys,
I am in the market for a daily driver. Work is about 40 mins away, good roads. I have a lexus is250 I want to use only for the weekends.
Budget for the new ride is 1.2-1.5M. High points are fuel economy, reliability and cheap parts.
Recommendations please?

Look for a clean CRV.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Totleowi(m): 8:10pm On Feb 28, 2021
[Boss, not a fan of CUVs or SUVs. Options I am considering are Hyundai accent from 2010, Elantra same year, C320 or just the regular honda civic 08quote author=HeavenlyBang post=99492097]

Look for a clean CRV. [/quote]
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Philadelphia: 11:32pm On Feb 28, 2021
Totleowi:
Happy Sunday Guys,
Recommendations please?

Get a 2007/2008 Honda Civic (American Spec).

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by fizcoo20(m): 10:43am On Mar 01, 2021
Philadelphia:

what of 07/08 civic ( Europe spec.) i thought is more rugged than American spec. stand to be corrected.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Philadelphia: 11:48am On Mar 01, 2021
fizcoo20:

what of 07/08 civic ( Europe spec.) i thought is more rugged than American spec. stand to be corrected.

Same “soul” in different bodies.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Ekakamba: 2:01pm On Mar 01, 2021
SWEET RIDE, EXPENSIVE PARTS (SCARCE IN MOST STATES OF NG).
fizcoo20:

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by fizcoo20(m): 6:01pm On Mar 01, 2021
Ekakamba:
SWEET RIDE, EXPENSIVE PARTS (SCARCE IN MOST STATES OF NG).

Really

Don't know.
Thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by princetom1(m): 8:21pm On Mar 03, 2021
Philadelphia:

That's higher than his budget. Almost all toks he can get are higher than his budget
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Philadelphia: 9:08am On Mar 04, 2021
princetom1:

That's higher than his budget. Almost all toks he can get are higher than his budget

You can get a neat Nigerian used for his supposed budget. He said he’s consider that.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by yak(m): 7:44pm On Mar 05, 2021
Plz suggest a daily commuter for a mid level civil servant with a family. Need I add he doesn't even know how to drive. So the car should be able to take internal and external abuses.
Thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by lagusboyyy(m): 9:13pm On Mar 05, 2021
yak:
Plz suggest a daily commuter for a mid level civil servant with a family. Need I add he doesn't even know how to drive. So the car should be able to take internal and external abuses.
Thanks
Toyota Corolla (03-07)

Tracker should be installed for safety, heaven help those who help themselves.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Ryzenking: 10:04am On Mar 06, 2021
Can someone recommend good car battery ,prices and evidence to know original battery product thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by adubam(m): 3:34pm On Mar 07, 2021
lagusboyyy:
Toyota Corolla (03-07)

Tracker should be installed for safety, heaven help those who help themselves.

No. Heaven only help those who can not help themselves. grin
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Miee: 6:38pm On Mar 07, 2021
Lagos big boys and tensions daily drivers and commuters are like 5 & 6. Click on the link below to see what happened last week sunday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46w7TZHOsFM
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ExecutiveDC: 9:56pm On Mar 07, 2021
Please, I need the help of Auto Experts. I am planning to get our First car for Family use. I am looking at getting SUV that offers luxury, reliability, fuel efficiency and easy maintenance. My budget is #2.5 Million.

Looking forward to your recommendations. Thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Philadelphia: 12:36am On Mar 08, 2021
ExecutiveDC:
Please, I need the help of Auto Experts. I am planning to get our First car for Family use. I am looking at getting SUV that offers luxury, reliability, fuel efficiency and easy maintenance. My budget is #2.5 Million.

Get a 2006 Honda CRV and keep the little change.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Alba3: 7:48am On Mar 08, 2021
ExecutiveDC:

You didn't state whether it Nigeria used or foreign; I will suggest 05 Rx 330, 08-010 CR-V or O6 Highlander
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ExecutiveDC: 7:49am On Mar 08, 2021
Alba3:

You didn't state whether it Nigeria used or foreign; I will suggest 05 Rx 330, 08-010 CR-V or O6 Highlander
I want Foreign Used Only!
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by AnaCheks(m): 10:45am On Mar 08, 2021
ExecutiveDC:
I don't think your budget can get those car foreign used oo
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by 9icetoo(m): 10:58am On Mar 08, 2021
ExecutiveDC:

For fuel economy, stick to the 4 cylinder variants.
And your choice is limited to the following:
1. 06-08 honda cr-v
2. 03-06 toyota highlander (you have to be extremely lucky)
3. 04-05 toyota rav4.
4. 03-06 acura mdx
5. 03-07 honda pilot

3 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Alba3: 11:03am On Mar 08, 2021
ExecutiveDC:

With your budget, fuel economy and a bit of luxury, Honda CR-V 2007-2009 is your best bet; also check for 03-05 Highlander i4.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by 2felix(m): 2:47pm On Mar 08, 2021
9icetoo:

1. 06-08 honda cr-v
3. 04-05 toyota rav4.
4. 03-06 acura mdx
5. 03-07 honda pilot

honda pilot is not 4 plugs
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ExecutiveDC: 10:01pm On Mar 08, 2021
9icetoo:

1. 06-08 honda cr-v
3. 04-05 toyota rav4.
4. 03-06 acura mdx
5. 03-07 honda pilot

Thanks very much. I will check them out.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by drakeskull(m): 5:05pm On Mar 10, 2021
Hello bro. Please share your thoughts on 2009 g37x or 2007 Acura TL / TL type-s. Is it a good choice for a lady (wifey). Want something I'll also be interested in driving.

HeavenlyBang:

Pick your poison.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 5:16pm On Mar 10, 2021
drakeskull:
Hello bro. Please share your thoughts on 2009 g37x or 2007 Acura TL / TL type-s. Is it a good choice for a lady (wifey). Want something I'll also be interested in driving.

The Infiniti, by far.
You should be comparing it to the 2009+ TL.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by drakeskull(m): 5:38pm On Mar 10, 2021
HeavenlyBang:

The Infiniti, by far.
You should be comparing it to the 2009+ TL.

Thanks ��

(1) (2) (3) ... (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) ... (260) (Reply)

How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.