Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,785 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread - Car Talk (167) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread (446702 Views)

A Look At 2019 Armoured Mercedes-Maybach S560,Official Car Of President Buhari / So Buhari's Official Car Na Boi Boi Sef... / Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) ... (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by lebete3000: 5:51pm On Mar 14, 2021
Abeg make una felo me choose the best one ooo.

Mercedes Benz C240 2006 vs Lexus ES330 2006 vs BMW 323i 2006.

Which one make I pick?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Philadelphia: 9:18pm On Mar 14, 2021
lebete3000:

Which one make I pick?

I’d take the BMW if I have a competent auto guy that can fix it coupled with the cash. Since this is may not be available at your end, I’d suggest you take the Lexus.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by lebete3000: 9:37pm On Mar 14, 2021
Philadelphia:

I’d take the BMW if I have a competent auto guy that can fix it coupled with the cash. Since this is may not be available at your end, I’d suggest you take the Lexus.

Where are you based? And why would you choose the least preferred BMW over the highly vaunted Lexus, and the temperately accepted Benz
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:39pm On Mar 14, 2021
lebete3000:

Which one make I pick?

The BMW is the best car there. I'd take it in a heartbeat.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Philadelphia: 10:02pm On Mar 14, 2021
lebete3000:

Where are you based? And why would you choose the least preferred BMW over the highly vaunted Lexus, and the temperately accepted Benz

The BMW will give you a spectacular driving experience that you won’t get from the other 2. It has a better drivetrain (RWD), better handling and braking as well as suspension. It’s fast and commands more respect. Based on interior, it has quality materials and wood grains. It is not popular on the average Nigerian road.

The Lexus IS not as luxurious as the BMW though it’s easy to fix by most technicians. It is the most common but durable amongst the 3. It has now become a “regular” car that almost all young folks buy as first car. It has a nice sound system though but still doesn’t give the experience of the BMW.

Mercedes doesn’t have the most appealing looks. I’d have preferred the W203 C350 instead.
The C240 is a “weak” 2.6L V6 engine and doesn’t give enough power. In this case, I’d pick the C230 over the C240. I see the W203 C240 as a car that a “wannabe” Benz owner will stumble upon.

If I wanna own a Mercedes C-Class, I’d go for the W205 and above.

These are my opinions and would hold true for most people based on experience and reviews from other users.

7 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by lebete3000: 10:12pm On Mar 14, 2021
HeavenlyBang:

The BMW is the best car there. I'd take it in a heartbeat.

BMW wey dey give person wahala like tomorrow no dey.

I bow for una ooo...

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:15pm On Mar 14, 2021
lebete3000:

BMW wey dey give person wahala like tomorrow no dey.

I bow for una ooo...

You know say e dey give wahala, why you come ask us?

Since na you sabi pass.

11 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by lebete3000: 10:19pm On Mar 14, 2021
Philadelphia:

The BMW will give you a spectacular driving experience that you won’t get from the other 2. It has a better drivetrain (RWD), better handling and braking as well as suspension. It’s fast and commands more respect. Based on interior, it has quality materials and wood grains. It is not popular on the average Nigerian road.

The Lexus IS not as luxurious as the BMW though it’s easy to fix by most technicians. It is the most common but durable amongst the 3. It has now become a “regular” car that almost all young folks buy as first car. It has a nice sound system though but still doesn’t give the experience of the BMW.

Mercedes doesn’t have the most appealing looks. I’d have preferred the W203 C350 instead.
The C240 is a “weak” 2.6L V6 engine and doesn’t give enough power. In this case, I’d pick the C230 over the C240. I see the W203 C240 as a car that a “wannabe” Benz owner will stumble upon.

If I wanna own a Mercedes C-Class, I’d go for the W205 and above.

These are my opinions and would hold true for most people based on experience and reviews from other users.

Hanhan! Guy take am easy na...W205 na around 2014 model and above ooo. So guys wey dey cruise even the exotic C300 na still wannabes?

Well na why I ask you your location sha, cos it's apparent you're not based here in Naija.

Even dudes based abroad would leap on the Lexus without thought.

Watch this YouTube video of a Lexus that has lasted 596,000miles and read through the comments of even Oyinbo people, then you agree sey Lexus no be these guys them mate.

It might be a boring car, but what's the essence of you almost always expecting something to break when you rev up your engine! *in Scotty Kilmer's voice* grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75YcIEyWmco
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by lebete3000: 10:22pm On Mar 14, 2021
HeavenlyBang:

Since na you sabi pass.

I expected you to give plausible and tenable reasons for your choice. Since you had none and just jumped on the BMW, why I no go bow to una?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Philadelphia: 11:01pm On Mar 14, 2021
HeavenlyBang:

Since na you sabi pass.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Philadelphia: 11:09pm On Mar 14, 2021
HeavenlyBang:

Since na you sabi pass.

E shock me as well. The way this section dey go, e be like say I go dey collect money now before I give opinions or advice as it seems some people just don’t value honest opinions anymore.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 11:11pm On Mar 14, 2021
Philadelphia:

E shock me as well. The way this section dey go, e be like say I go dey collect money now before I give opinions or advice as it seems some people just don’t value honest opinions anymore.

I don tire, walahi.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Philadelphia: 11:12pm On Mar 14, 2021
No vex, you can pick the Lexus so that we can have peace.

lebete3000:

Hanhan! Guy take am easy na...W205 na around 2014 model and above ooo. So guys wey dey cruise even the exotic C300 na still wannabes?

Well na why I ask you your location sha, cos it's apparent you're not based here in Naija.

Even dudes based abroad would leap on the Lexus without thought.

Watch this YouTube video of a Lexus that has lasted 596,000miles and read through the comments of even Oyinbo people, then you agree sey Lexus no be these guys them mate.

It might be a boring car, but what's the essence of you almost always expecting something to break when you rev up your engine! *in Scotty Kilmer's voice* grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75YcIEyWmco

3 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by lebete3000: 11:58pm On Mar 14, 2021
Philadelphia:
No vex, you can pick the Lexus so that we can have peace.

Aii,

As-salamu alaykum.

Peace be upon you...
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by drmuchin: 2:54am On Mar 16, 2021
nurey kingreign HeavenlyBang DelTel Philadelphia psalms black bishop

Abeg u get any connect for neatly used Honda civic 2007-2010 model Cr-V will also suffice
thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 4:11am On Mar 16, 2021
drmuchin:
nurey kingreign HeavenlyBang DelTel Philadelphia psalms black bishop

Abeg u get any connect for neatly used Honda civic 2007-2010 model Cr-V will also suffice
thanks
jiji dot com got your back
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by radautoworks: 5:03pm On Mar 16, 2021
Philadelphia:

you still get time

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by SensualMan1(m): 5:31pm On Mar 16, 2021
Is my guy nurey still here? cheesy
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nonhuman(m): 1:48am On Mar 17, 2021
Is Volkswagen Bora 2005 a good car to use in Nigeria.
What low budget car should I get for my daily routine
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by DelTel(m): 8:58am On Mar 17, 2021
drmuchin:
nurey
kingreign
HeavenlyBang
DelTel
Philadelphia
psalms
black bishop

Abeg u get any connect for neatly used Honda civic 2007-2010 model
Cr-V will also suffice

thanks

I hardly sell naija-used vehicle except I know the history (purchased from me or used by a close FnF).

I would advise you check from your close contact list so you can possibly avoid unpleasant stories. Anywyz, Honda vehicles ain't that prone to theft. Good luck.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nonhuman(m): 10:04am On Mar 17, 2021
What low budget car should I get for my daily routine.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 3:57pm On Mar 17, 2021
nonhuman:
What low budget car should I get for my daily routine.

you can't escape minor electrical issues, it shares parts with VW golf 4 and new beetle, engine 2.0 is aluminum don't let it overheat. I would prefer you buy a tokunbo but if naija used scrutinize it very well b4 payment.

Low budget cars
honda civic Europe or north america 90s to 05, honda city, honda fit, honda shuttle/Isuzu Oasis

kia product like shuma, Rio, picanto

hyundai like accent, i10

Nissan micra, Almera, sentra, primera 90s to 06

Toyota corolla Okerejuowolor 98 to 01, toyota carina E/Avensis 97 to 03

skoda fabia with 1.4L engine

Golf 3

ford focus or Mondeo

Volvo V40

Benz W202 C-class, C180, C200 fuel efficient ones

BMW E46 99 to 05

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by theoilguy: 2:57pm On Mar 20, 2021
USA Imported Mobil 1 extended Performance now back in stock. Use the right oil for your car and avoid an expensive engine change.

Contact on signature.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Silvermike: 10:17pm On Mar 20, 2021
Please I need a comparison of an Acura TL 2010 and. Lexus gs 350 of same year thank you
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:29am On Mar 21, 2021
Silvermike:
Please I need a comparison of an Acura TL 2010 and. Lexus gs 350 of same year thank you

Both great cars.
TL with SH-AWD drives better. Parts can be expensive, though, especially body parts.
Both luxurious.

I would buy the TL SH-AWD.

Go to a car stand and sit in the two. Would help you make the decision.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by tmanis(m): 10:34am On Mar 21, 2021
HeavenlyBang:

Both great cars.
TL with SH-AWD drives better. Parts can be expensive, though, especially body parts.
Both luxurious.

I would buy the TL SH-AWD.

Go to a car stand and sit in the two. Would help you make the decision.

This is the answer that I need, that I didn't know I needed... cheesy

Ps: what if an E350 was throw in the mix?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by kingreign(m): 10:59am On Mar 21, 2021
tmanis:

This is the answer that I need, that I didn't know I needed... cheesy

Ps: what if an E350 was throw in the mix?

What is an E350 compared to an Acura TL apart from the name and badge prestige?

3 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 11:37am On Mar 21, 2021
kingreign:

Better ride quality and NVH. But that's basically it, I'd say.

Smoother engine, too.

4 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by tmanis(m): 2:15pm On Mar 21, 2021
kingreign:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Just wanted the 3.5l V6 to go against each other ni jàre..

I think I read that there's a slightly more powerful acura TL that comes with the manual transmission
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by kingreign(m): 2:27pm On Mar 21, 2021
tmanis:
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Just wanted the 3.5l V6 to go against each other ni jàre..

I think I read that there's a slightly more powerful acura TL that comes with the manual transmission
The acura tl with sh-awd is 3.7l v6 with 306hp.

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ojeysky(m): 9:20pm On Mar 21, 2021
radautoworks:

For sure. I get 11-12 on an Rdx so he's definitely not getting that on an M.

Oh really? so maybe my RDX is not doing bad then
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by radautoworks: 10:44pm On Mar 21, 2021
ojeysky:

Oh really? so maybe my RDX is not doing bad then
oddly, I get great mileage on my MDX

(1) (2) (3) ... (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) ... (259) (Reply)

How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.