Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,801 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:32 PM

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread - Car Talk (191) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread (444962 Views)

A Look At 2019 Armoured Mercedes-Maybach S560,Official Car Of President Buhari / So Buhari's Official Car Na Boi Boi Sef... / Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) ... (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by OfficialDJ: 8:21pm On Jul 27, 2021
chukel:
they are predominantly the owners and drivers of 2010 RX350 upwards. Undisputable. Come to Enugu. That is in addition to the brand models you mentioned.
i beg to differ
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Aaaaarghmed(m): 8:45pm On Jul 27, 2021
OfficialDJ:
and your name is Ahmed?
what has my name got to do with these.i be confam Edo boy.i dont expect you to know that Edo people bear Ahmed.why wud you know before.

9 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by OfficialDJ: 8:55pm On Jul 27, 2021
Aaaaarghmed:
what has my name got to do with these.i be confam Edo boy.i dont expect you to know that Edo people bear Ahmed.why wud you know before.
K.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by chukel(m): 9:57pm On Jul 27, 2021
OfficialDJ:
i beg to differ
what are you begging to differ from. People are telling you what is obtainable and you want only your say to be accepted.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by lagusboyyy(m): 10:35pm On Jul 27, 2021
OfficialDJ:
remove the rx from there... It hasn't been casted....... Yet
Boss..

Yahoo gees are already using it, go to any yahoo dominated southwest tertiary institutions, and see as RX plenty like pure water.

Before i put out any post here, I'm always sure of facts.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Aaaaarghmed(m): 6:57am On Jul 28, 2021
chukel:
what are you begging to differ from. People are telling you what is obtainable and you want only your say to be accepted.
I tire for the guy ,he dey beg to differ.i see boys dey use latest rx350 for Edo,I weak

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by OfficialDJ: 8:25am On Jul 28, 2021
chukel:
who are the people? You and Ahmed?
I STILL stand by my words, the RX 350 hasn't been "BASTARDIZED" by these fraudsters... For every yahoo boy who owns an RX350, 15 more owns es350s, Glks and the three star logo

Capisce?

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by OfficialDJ: 8:27am On Jul 28, 2021
lagusboyyy:
Boss..

Yahoo gees are already using it, go to any yahoo dominated southwest tertiary institutions, and see as RX plenty like pure water.

it's obviously inevitable that some fraudsters will use it...
But the frequency at which they use it is what I'm contesting....
Most gee guys will prefer a GLK over an RX350, and that's on facts....
I have soooo many of them as friends, and I'm observant as well, and trust me I travel a lot to know these things...
Anyways, we all have differing opinions!
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by ibrash600: 7:05pm On Jul 28, 2021
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by radautoworks: 11:01pm On Jul 31, 2021
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by quest4s: 11:14pm On Jul 31, 2021
Toyota Highlander 2008 vs Nissan Pathfinder 2008
Advice for a complete novice pros and cons
Thank You
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Greenarrow01(m): 3:57am On Aug 01, 2021
lagusboyyy:
Boss..

Na why I wan run from that Rx 350

I know it is better than the GLA
BUT I KNOW WAN SAME CAR WITH THESE GUYS.
I AM STILL YOUNG
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 6:37pm On Aug 01, 2021
quest4s:
Thank You

2008 highlander is more appropriate as the pathfinder is a 4WD better SUV, 4.0L V6 is quick but expensive to replace. The pathfinder had a radiator bypass issue which led to damaged transmission but an easy fix if buying the pathfinder ensure the radiator bypass has been done.

The highlander has a better fuel economy with it's 2.7L i4 or 3.5L V6 and it's a CUV with fwd or AWD

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by quest4s: 11:07pm On Aug 01, 2021
Thanks i appreciate

nurey:

2008 highlander is more appropriate as the pathfinder is a 4WD better SUV, 4.0L V6 is quick but expensive to replace. The pathfinder had a radiator bypass issue which led to damaged transmission but an easy fix if buying the pathfinder ensure the radiator bypass has been done.

The highlander has a better fuel economy with it's 2.7L i4 or 3.5L V6 and it's a CUV with fwd or AWD
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by zevous: 1:18am On Aug 02, 2021
OfficialDJ:
it's obviously inevitable that some fraudsters will use it...
But the frequency at which they use it is what I'm contesting....
Most gee guys will prefer a GLK over an RX350, and that's on facts....
I have soooo many of them as friends, and I'm observant as well, and trust me I travel a lot to know these things...
Anyways, we all have differing opinions!

Do you know that this statement can put you in a lot of trouble? Coming out confidently and saying you are in association with cyber criminals. That is very very wrong. Let's be very careful with what we write and say on the internet. Let's remember.. the INTERNET NEVER FORGETS
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by lagusboyyy(m): 4:56pm On Aug 02, 2021
quest4s:
Thank You
Boss! For your peace of mind,jejely go for that TOYOTA HIGHLANDER.

Its the common pros and cons associated with Toyota,that it has. Which have often even been discussed so many times here.

Best of luck.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Ayoslimzy(m): 6:06pm On Aug 02, 2021
Hey guys …I drive a Lexus es350 2007 for almost a year now and I can tell you it hasn’t give me any problem but my friends are advising me to change it to Camry 2012 cause lexus maintenance too much
Advise me guys
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by HeavenlyBang(m): 6:33pm On Aug 02, 2021
Ayoslimzy:
Hey guys …I drive a Lexus es350 2007 for almost a year now and I can tell you it hasn’t give me any problem but my friends are advising me to change it to Camry 2012 cause lexus maintenance too much
Advise me guys

I'm very curious why your friends are the ones to tell you what to do.

And no, a 2007 ES is a considerably better car than a 2012 Camry.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Aaaaarghmed(m): 7:18pm On Aug 02, 2021
Ayoslimzy:
Advise me guys
your friends dont Like you

3 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Ayoslimzy(m): 8:40pm On Aug 02, 2021
Aaaaarghmed:
lol I thought as much
Thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Ayoslimzy(m): 8:41pm On Aug 02, 2021
HeavenlyBang:

I'm very curious why your friends are the ones to tell you what to do.

And no, a 2007 ES is a considerably better car than a 2012 Camry.
okay what about fuel consumption
Which one consume fuel more
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by quest4s: 8:53pm On Aug 02, 2021
Hahaha i understand its the cheap price i got the vehicle abroad that was enticing me. imagine $2500 very neat and no accident .
So i said lemme ask before i will buy big problem with small price

lagusboyyy:
Boss! For your peace of mind,jejely go for that TOYOTA HIGHLANDER.

Its the common pros and cons associated with Toyota,that it has. Which have often even been discussed so many times here.

Best of luck.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by lagusboyyy(m): 8:54pm On Aug 02, 2021
quest4s:
Hahaha i understand its the cheap price i got the vehicle abroad that was enticing me. imagine $2500 very neat and no accident

Dont waste time.

GO FOR IT!!!
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by trude: 12:28am On Aug 03, 2021
Hi Guys,

What’s the recommended engine oil for Honda Pilot 2005. I was using the 5w30 before, my mechanic changed to 20w50 and I noticed the performance isn’t great, it sounds like a stressed vehicle in motion.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by osaggy(m): 1:23am On Aug 03, 2021
hello brothers.

I'm getting my first car next month, my budget is 2.7m - 3.3m max. Currently very undecided yet, I'm looking for something portable/mid-size... the ones I am considering are:

Lexus Is 250/350
MB c300 2010 (neat Nigerian used)
Clean Camry muscle 2010

I am open to options outside this.

Considering it is my first car, I want something that wouldn't stress me so much in terms of maintenance.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by DukeNija(m): 2:13am On Aug 03, 2021
Aaaaarghmed:

Lol. I beg to differ. His friends are actually wise.
In terms of reliability, the Camry 2012 is better than the ES 350 07. It also offers better resale value and less fuel consumption.
The engine and transmission are more sturdy than the ES 350 2007. Finally, it’s a newer car so go figure.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by DukeNija(m): 2:16am On Aug 03, 2021
Ayoslimzy:
lol I thought as much
Thanks

Your friends are actually wise. They know exactly why they’re recommending the Camry. It’s far more reliable than your current ES. For driving experience just go for the V6 and you’ll be glad you did.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by DukeNija(m): 2:20am On Aug 03, 2021
osaggy:
hello brothers.

I'm getting my first car next month, my budget is 2.7m - 3.3m max. Currently very undecided yet, I'm looking for something portable/mid-size... the ones I am considering are:

Lexus Is 250/350
MB c300 2010 (neat Nigerian used)
Clean Camry muscle 2010

I am open to options outside this.

Considering it is my first car, I want something that wouldn't stress me so much in terms of maintenance.

Go for the Camry based on your options.
I’d also like to add the 2009 -2013 Corolla to the list.
For your first car, Toyota is your best bet and I’m not even a Toyota person but you can’t go wrong with a Camry or Corolla.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Deigofortune: 10:06am On Aug 03, 2021
Pls house how much can I get Honda civic 2006 Brain Box tok in the market ...
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Parker6: 10:57am On Aug 03, 2021
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by osaggy(m): 12:43pm On Aug 03, 2021
DukeNija:

Go for the Camry based on your options.
I’d also like to add the 2009 -2013 Corolla to the list.
For your first car, Toyota is your best bet and I’m not even a Toyota person but you can’t go wrong with a Camry or Corolla.

thanks, baba. not a fan of corolla btw.
for the Camry muscle, which edition and year would you advise I go for.

And are you saying you'd prefer I choose Camry muscle (2010/11) over Lexus Is 250 (2009/10) in terms of reliability, performance and maintenance? I'm veryyyy confused selecting between these 2. considering how muscle has been bastardized by these yahoo boys
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by DukeNija(m): 3:28pm On Aug 03, 2021
osaggy:

thanks, baba. not a fan of corolla btw.
for the Camry muscle, which edition and year would you advise I go for.

And are you saying you'd prefer I choose Camry muscle (2010/11) over Lexus Is 250 (2009/10) in terms of reliability, performance and maintenance? I'm veryyyy confused selecting between these 2. considering how muscle has been bastardized by these yahoo boys

For your 1st car I’ll recommend the Camry over the Lexus Is 250 for reliability and cost of ownership.
The Camry is one of the most reliable if not the most reliable car in the world. Go for the 2009 - 2010 model and thank me later.
If you want a Lexus the ES 350 will be a better bet because it’s more reliable than the Is. Unfortunately, you’ll need to up your budget cos it’s in the range of 3.8 - 4.5m.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) ... (259) (Reply)

How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.