Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,783 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread - Car Talk (252) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread (446701 Views)

A Look At 2019 Armoured Mercedes-Maybach S560,Official Car Of President Buhari / So Buhari's Official Car Na Boi Boi Sef... / Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) ... (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Androidking: 9:46am On Nov 19, 2023
Between Toyota Rav4 2007 Nigerian used @ #2.9m

The owners claims its first body and driven barely a year.

and Honda CrV 2007 Nigerian used @#2.8m

Claims it has a small milage to it.

Both cars look clean in and out,

Which one is recommended and what should I look out for

My work takes me to rough roads sometimes and my street is not that good too.

Thanks all.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Dozieson(m): 11:38am On Nov 19, 2023
Androidking:
Between Toyota Rav4 2007 Nigerian used @ #2.9m

The owners claims its first body and driven barely a year.

and Honda CrV 2007 Nigerian used @#2.8m

Claims it has a small milage to it.

Both cars look clean in and out,

Which one is recommended and what should I look out for

My work takes me to rough roads sometimes and my street is not that good too.

Thanks all.

Bros if the rav 4 is 4 cylinder, kindly run because the 2az engine cannot be trusted.

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by olaitoro(m): 1:34pm On Nov 19, 2023
Dozieson:

Bros if the rav 4 is 4 cylinder, kindly run because the 2az engine cannot be trusted.

What is wrong with 2az engine
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by de3lar(m): 1:35pm On Nov 19, 2023
olaitoro:

What is wrong with 2az engine

Oil burn issue

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by KDInteriors: 2:57pm On Nov 19, 2023
nurey:

XLE, LE and SE are just trims meaning accessories is what differentiate the vehicles, they have same engine, transmission and body identical to 95%.

XLE has leather, better audio system, reverse cam with dvd screen etc it is always more expensive because it Carries premium features.

LE is luxury edition, it may have leather things that are standard in XLE trim will be optional on it meaning the person buying new can add something's he likes.

SE is sport edition has added body kits and side skirts to make it look sporty with tuned suspension for sporty ride but not good for bad roads in naija.

Focus on XLE or LE of the vehicle. The 07 to 09 engine is known for oil burn on the 4cylinder engine reason we always advocate for the 2010 or 2011 4cylinder
Okay thanks alot but please what about the 2010 XLE V6 I will like to know If it's a good option and also the common problems (do or don't)
@nurey
@everyone
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by KDInteriors: 2:59pm On Nov 19, 2023
Dozieson:

Nurey has explained all you need to know
Yea thanks so much for your time too
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 3:00pm On Nov 19, 2023
KDInteriors:

Okay thanks alot but please what about the 2010 XLE V6 I will like to know If it's a good option and also the common problems (do or don't)
@nurey
@everyone

It is very okay. The V6 in the 07 to 2011 is very okay same 2grfe if you are not interested in fuel economy the V6 will do you good
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by KDInteriors: 3:07pm On Nov 19, 2023
nurey:

It is very okay. The V6 in the 07 to 2011 is very okay same 2grfe if you are not interested in fuel economy the V6 will do you good
Ok bro what about lexus es 350 2007-2010
@nurey
@everyone
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 3:26pm On Nov 19, 2023
KDInteriors:

Ok bro what about lexus es 350 2007-2010
@nurey
@everyone

It's a very fancy Camry same engine and transmission in camry V6
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by KDInteriors: 4:32pm On Nov 19, 2023
nurey:

So if you are to pick between Camry and ES 350 of same year from 07-010, which will be the best?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by lagusboyyy(m): 5:50pm On Nov 19, 2023
KDInteriors:

So if you are to pick between Camry and ES 350 of same year from 07-010, which will be the best?
Most definately the Lexus ES.

Its an upscale,upgraded and luxurious camry.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by KDInteriors: 5:52pm On Nov 19, 2023
nurey:

But which will you Choose between Lexus and Camry XLE 07-010 models
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 6:44pm On Nov 19, 2023
KDInteriors:

But which will you Choose between Lexus and Camry XLE 07-010 models

Lexus nah, it's a fancy camry V6
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by KDInteriors: 6:48pm On Nov 19, 2023
nurey:

Lexus nah, it's a fancy camry V6
Which model between 007-010 V6 is best
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 6:50pm On Nov 19, 2023
KDInteriors:

Which model between 007-010 V6 is best

This man, you wan kee person sha. Any way 2010 is better than earlier years

3 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by KDInteriors: 7:27pm On Nov 19, 2023
nurey:

This man, you wan kee person sha. Any way 2010 is better than earlier years
😂😂😂😂 abeg no too reason am I wan dey sure of wetin I dey do
Thanks alot for your time
I really appreciate
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by leTrizzle: 8:25pm On Nov 19, 2023
honourable1769:
GOOD DAY ALL. PLEASE TREAT AS URGENT!

Earlier this year, i managed to buy my first ever car after saving up so much money for it. Unfortunately for me i made some very terrible mistake trusting my car dealer which has caused me so much pain and saddness.

Because i was travelling alot during that period, and there were a few upgrades and work to be done on the car, i left my car with the car dealer i bought the car from at his personal home residence, pending when i come back from my trip i would move the car to abuja where i was relocating to.

unfortunately for me, immediately i got back to lagos, i tried reaching the car dealer so i would come over to house to check the upgrades done on the car and then finalize plans of moving the car to abuja... only for his number to be completly unreacheable. After about a week, i was able to get through to him and he claimed he was arrested for unknowlingly buying a stolen car. and that the police took all the car in his possession while arresting him . i was already working around how i can get a lawyer to go claim my car when we discovered that the car was not actually taken by any police, but rather it was taken by a creditor that the dealer was owing some large amount of money.

what is the best possible way to retrieve the car, as i had not yet registered the car in my name and the car documents are in the car?

is it possible to check if a car has been registered and the registration details using the chassis / vin number?

the matter has been reported to the police since and they are still trying to track him down cos he has been on the run ?

cc: nurey heavenlybang and every other expert advice is welcomed
It is possible to check if a vehicle has been registered before.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by JustCryptos: 3:04am On Nov 20, 2023
Good morning guys. So, I'm looking to sell of my current cars to get something more economical.

I have an 01 Xterra that I use for gas supplies and farm runs.. No doubt, the car is a work horse but it drinks fuel. I also have an 01 Camry that I've use for almost 5 years, very strong and reliable car but given the current state of things 35k is not enough to fuel just my Camry for a week. I haven't used my Xterra since August as I gave it out to a relative who had an accident. I've been using my Camry for all the heavy lifting.

Now to the matter, I am seriously considering selling my Xterra to buy a Nigerian used Sienna for my gas supplies and selling my Camry to get a Honda City or Civic. Please what are your thoughts guys?

Cc kingdemu nurey
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Aaaaarghmed(m): 3:09am On Nov 20, 2023
KDInteriors:

guy,wetin u wan use camry do for where lexus dey.that camry is plastic na.the lexus puts the camry on a Choke hold.abeg throway the camry
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Dozieson(m): 5:49am On Nov 20, 2023
JustCryptos:
Good morning guys. So, I'm looking to sell of my current cars to get something more economical.

I have an 01 Xterra that I use for gas supplies and farm runs.. No doubt, the car is a work horse but it drinks fuel. I also have an 01 Camry that I've use for almost 5 years, very strong and reliable car but given the current state of things 35k is not enough to fuel just my Camry for a week. I haven't used my Xterra since August as I gave it out to a relative who had an accident. I've been using my Camry for all the heavy lifting.

Now to the matter, I am seriously considering selling my Xterra to buy a Nigerian used Sienna for my gas supplies and selling my Camry to get a Honda City or Civic. Please what are your thoughts guys?

Go ahead pls
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by BestTrades: 12:17pm On Nov 22, 2023

To check vehicle history (Vin check)of any car.

For comprehensive vehicle history report .

https://verifyithq.com/services/vehicle-history-reports/

For Retrieval Of Lost Custom Duty

https://verifyithq.com/lost-customs-papers/

For Custom Duty Verification .. .
https://verifyithq.com/services/customs-duty-verification/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by thaqib(m): 8:54pm On Nov 22, 2023
Rav4 2013
Pls is there any thing to worry about the 2013 rav4?
I Like the elegance and the fact that the boot open up. Is there any thing to worry about the vehicle mechanically?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by hello66: 12:31am On Nov 23, 2023
thaqib:
Rav4 2013
Pls is there any thing to worry about the 2013 rav4?
I Like the elegance and the fact that the boot open up. Is there any thing to worry about the vehicle mechanically?

U have already fallen for the car

Anything mechanical the car bring ,u chest am

Go and buy it ..it's a good car
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by hello66: 12:35am On Nov 23, 2023
Between 2016-17 Toyota highlander

And 2016-17 Honda pilot

And 2016-17 Honda CR-V

Need help to recommend

Cc:nurey.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 3:34am On Nov 23, 2023
hello66:

And 2016-17 Honda pilot

And 2016-17 Honda CR-V

Need help to recommend

Highlander, cute, sweet and still spacious for whole family

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Dozieson(m): 7:19am On Nov 23, 2023
hello66:

And 2016-17 Honda pilot

And 2016-17 Honda CR-V

Need help to recommend

Highlander jare
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by IceDune: 3:47pm On Nov 24, 2023
I'm torn between getting a 2007 MB C230/240 and 2008 Accord Coupe. I think the MB costs less to replace the engine and gear. Which has a better durability and more fun driving.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by lagusboyyy(m): 7:21pm On Nov 25, 2023
IceDune:
I'm torn between getting a 2007 MB C230/240 and 2008 Accord Coupe. I think the MB costs less to replace the engine and gear. Which has a better durability and more fun driving.
You have answered your question yourself.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by 9icetoo(m): 9:27am On Nov 26, 2023
de3lar:

Oil burn issue

It is not peculiar to 2AZ FE.

Most modern engines have this problem.

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Dozieson(m): 7:38pm On Nov 26, 2023
9icetoo:

It is not peculiar to 2AZ FE.

Most modern engines have this problem.

I noticed it with 1zz, 2ar and K24 honda engine. Does it mean the producers are doing it on purpose?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by JustCryptos: 1:44pm On Nov 27, 2023
nurey:

Hello sir, I just stumbled on a post where you talked extensively on your experience using the Sienna. I'll like to seek your honest and humble opinion.

As mentioned in an earlier post, I have decided to sell my Xterra to buy a Sienna. The primary reason for the car is to carry 50kg gas cylinders. I do a lot of gas supplies and need something that can carry the load. On two occasions, I've seen dealers use Siennas and I was impressed. The last 1 I saw loaded 11 50kg cylinders. Mas my Xterra can do is 7.

That said, what model would you recommend? Would you recommend a Nigerian used?
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Shady92(m): 1:52pm On Nov 27, 2023
Good afternoon bosses. Please recommend a good car for a first timer between
Toyota matrix and peugeot 307. Also can 2m get a nigerian used of these cars. Thanks.
Cc: nurey

(1) (2) (3) ... (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) ... (259) (Reply)

How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.