Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,421 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:00 PM

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread - Car Talk (254) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread (446546 Views)

A Look At 2019 Armoured Mercedes-Maybach S560,Official Car Of President Buhari / So Buhari's Official Car Na Boi Boi Sef... / Donald Trump's Official Car "The Beast": 15 Amazing Facts You May Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) ... (259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Smadav0909: 7:11pm On Dec 22, 2023
Good afternoon please. Please recommend a good car for a first timer between
Hyundai sonata and toyota camry, although I prefer hyundai because of price which is a little cheaper than toyota of same year range. And does hyundai sonata has second hand value ?my budget is 5m
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Smadav0909: 7:14pm On Dec 22, 2023
Hyundai sonata and toyota camry, although I prefer hyundai because of price which is a little cheaper than toyota of same year range. And does hyundai sonata has second hand value ? My budget is 5m
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by kingreign(m): 8:31pm On Dec 22, 2023
Smadav0909:
Hyundai sonata and toyota camry, although I prefer hyundai because of price which is a little cheaper than toyota of same year range. And does hyundai sonata has second hand value ?5m

Avoid that hyundai sonata. It's engine is utterly terrible.

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 10:49pm On Dec 22, 2023
Hullabaloon:
Good evening great minds.

I'm looking to buy my first car. I practically know nothing about cars. Don't even know how to drive.

I'll be getting a Nigerian used. Budget is 3 to 3.5M

I've been seeing lots of 2008 Camry and Lexus Es 300 (2002 - 2004), and 2010 Honda withing that price range on jiji.

I work from home hence it's a car I'll barely use. Just getting it with the intention of having a ride before marrying a wife.

Should I get any of those two? Is there a better brand out there withing that price range?

What are the things I should look out for when going to get the car?

What kind of mechanic should I go with?

Pardon the plenty questions. I'm a total novice when it comes to cars. Don't even know what mileage means.

All your choices are very okay pick the accord first if you see a good unit, the 4cylinder is more reliable than that of camry and the parts are also available. Also it is solid all round and has that premium feel.

The ES is good too though a bit outdated it is still premium of your choice if you don't mind the year gap.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by nurey(m): 10:52pm On Dec 22, 2023
Smadav0909:
Hyundai sonata and toyota camry, although I prefer hyundai because of price which is a little cheaper than toyota of same year range. And does hyundai sonata has second hand value ? My budget is 5m

Avoid 2010 to 2014 hyundai sonata and kia Optima those engines have a factory defect. So you a left with the camry
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by lagusboyyy(m): 10:55pm On Dec 22, 2023
Smadav0909:
Hyundai sonata and toyota camry, although I prefer hyundai because of price which is a little cheaper than toyota of same year range. And does hyundai sonata has second hand value ?my budget is 5m
The Camry is the dopest option.

That Sonata will kind of stress you up real bad.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Hullabaloon: 11:27pm On Dec 22, 2023
nurey:

All your choices are very okay pick the accord first if you see a good unit, the 4cylinder is more reliable than that of camry and the parts are also available. Also it is solid all round and has that premium feel.

The ES is good too though a bit outdated it is still premium of your choice if you don't mind the year gap.

OK. Thank you very much for your input.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Djdamian(m): 2:52pm On Dec 23, 2023
shininglite:

HI Nurey
Season greetings

Which of these cars should I go for
Honda civic 2008, Toyota Camry 2005, Honda DC 2007

My major concern is fuel economy because I want to go into e - hailing business. I am a first time owner

Thank you

I own both civic 08 and corolla 05.

Both have good fuel economy and cost of maintenance for both are affordable.

For design and aesthetics,the civic is better. Better handling(arguably). Downside of it is it's durability on the long term and resell value. The Corolla is opposite

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Balistic4: 8:37pm On Dec 23, 2023
nurey:

The RX will handle well I believe it is fitted with electronic power steering. But if you are still adamant
1. Benz ML,GLE
2. ACURA MDX
3. Hyundai palisade
4. Kia Sorento

Oga Nurey, compliment of the season. What do you think about 2017 Ford edge sport. It has lots of power under the hood with 2.7 6 cylinder engine. Achieve 0 to 60 in under 6 seconds. What do you think about the reliability and handling? Would you recommend it over, say 2014 rx? Cc kingreign

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by kingreign(m): 8:47pm On Dec 23, 2023
Balistic4:

Oga Nurey, compliment of the season. What do you think about 2017 Ford edge sport. It has lots of power under the hood with 2.7 6 cylinder engine. Achieve 0 to 60 in under 6 seconds. What do you think about the reliability and handling? Would you recommend it over, say 2014 rx? Cc kingreign

Never!

Infact, I abhore those fords.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Balistic4: 5:58am On Dec 24, 2023
kingreign:

Never!

Infact, I abhore those fords.
Lol grin
Make I abort mission. Just that those power are eye catching grin grin
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Zuby2fyn: 8:46am On Dec 26, 2023
Hi Nairalanders, please I need a honest advice from a professional on a good car for a starter, total novice (male) with classy design, easy maintenance and most importantly fuel economical. Budget between 2-3k usd (not in a hurry)
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by shininglite(m): 4:32pm On Dec 26, 2023
Djdamian:

For design and aesthetics,the civic is better. Better handling(arguably). Downside of it is it's durability on the long term and resell value. The Corolla is opposite

Thanks a lot sir
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Dozieson(m): 6:53pm On Dec 26, 2023
Zuby2fyn:
Hi Nairalanders, please I need a honest advice from a professional on a good car for a starter, total novice (male) with classy design, easy maintenance and most importantly fuel economical. Budget between 2-3k usd (not in a hurry)

Start with accord or Corolla 2005-2007(naija used) due to your budget
Or up your budget and go for Camry 2010 or Honda Accord 2011

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Zuby2fyn: 4:12am On Dec 27, 2023
Dozieson:

Start with accord or Corolla 2005-2007(naija used) due to your budget
Or up your budget and go for Camry 2010 or Honda Accord 2011

Thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by searchng4love: 6:37am On Dec 27, 2023
Djdamian:

Some of us don't care about resell. Civic cheap to maintain better than Corolla on fuel economy... Safer than the Corolla from thieves

4 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by searchng4love: 6:42am On Dec 27, 2023
Zuby2fyn:
Classy design rules out Corolla. Fuel economy rules out Corolla. And don't even entertain the idea of the accord.

Your candid options:
Honda Civic 08-11
C class Mercedes C180.
Any 4 cylinders Benz except the A class.
The Peugeot 307 depending on your location
Ford focus
Kia Rio
All the above mentioned cars compete favourably with CNG powered cars in fuel costing.

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Aaaaarghmed(m): 1:08pm On Dec 27, 2023
searchng4love:

Some of us don't care about resell. Civic cheap to maintain better than Corolla on fuel economy... Safer than the Corolla from thieves
I really tire for resale people,any small thing ,resale value grin.i have never cared about resale value.like say dem dey expect problems in the future

5 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Abezol4jah(m): 6:22am On Dec 28, 2023
obekediamondfuto:
thank u so much.

nurey u see yaself?

now we work towards making this a sticky thread.... so anyone can just see it at the top before asking for comparisons

Ahhhh
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by mattbass(m): 11:00pm On Dec 28, 2023
Good evening all.... Please I have a question for a friend that wants to buy a Nigerian used Mercedes C230.
V6
But the compressor is bad meaning ac not working and according to the guy to fix it will amount to 50k.
The power stirring has issue meaning is very stiff and to fix according to him will cost 35k.
And the cost price is at 1.5m.
Please is it a good buy and to fix all those things will amount to what price. Thanks.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by inagbe1: 11:19pm On Dec 28, 2023
Good evening everyone, I heard that the 2013 Honda Accord is a good car, like how much can I get a Nigerian used one.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by yak(m): 11:37pm On Dec 28, 2023
mattbass:
Good evening all.... Please I have a question for a friend that wants to buy a Nigerian used Mercedes C230.
V6
But the compressor is bad meaning ac not working and according to the guy to fix it will amount to 50k.
The power stirring has issue meaning is very stiff and to fix according to him will cost 35k.
Please is it a good buy and to fix all those things will amount to what price. Thanks.

While we wait for our gurus to come and answer with better technical support, I will tell you the car have more problems than the owner is telling you

5 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by mattbass(m): 2:01am On Dec 29, 2023
yak:

While we wait for our gurus to come and answer with better technical support, I will tell you the car have more problems than the owner is telling you
Okay sir. I will get a feedback about the car today.
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by searchng4love: 3:12am On Dec 29, 2023
mattbass:
V6

My advice has been posted on the Mercedes Benz thread
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by searchng4love: 3:17am On Dec 29, 2023
Balistic4:

Oga Nurey, compliment of the season. What do you think about 2017 Ford edge sport. It has lots of power under the hood with 2.7 6 cylinder engine. Achieve 0 to 60 in under 6 seconds. What do you think about the reliability and handling? Would you recommend it over, say 2014 rx? Cc kingre.ign
https://m.carcomplaints.com/Ford/Edge/2017/

https://www.consumerreports.org/cars/ford/edge/2017/reliability/
Read up on the car here in details and tell me your decision

1 Like

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by mattbass(m): 3:20am On Dec 29, 2023
searchng4love:

My advice has been posted on the Mercedes Benz thread
Thanks
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Balistic4: 6:16am On Dec 29, 2023
searchng4love:

I have dead the idea grin grin grin
No wonder the car us affordable grin
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by kingreign(m): 9:32am On Dec 29, 2023
searchng4love:

Such a bloody terrible car.

Found On The Road Dead (FORD).

2 Likes

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Wizdom0091: 5:14pm On Dec 29, 2023
Modified :

Bosses in the house, what power steering oil can I use for 2003 corolla. I haven't poured any power steering oil on it except the oil that was in the car when it was bought. Is there any process for pouring in the power steering oil

Is the picture attached good for it

Cc:
nurey

Modified:

Picture 2 that is red rubber container came with the car. I don't know what the oil is for?

Please is there any difference between power steering oil and transmission oil?

Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by kingreign(m): 7:10pm On Dec 29, 2023
Wizdom0091:
Bosses in the house, what transmission oil can I use for 2003 corolla. I haven't poured any transmission oil on it except the oil that was in the car when it was bought. Is there any process for pouring in the transmission oil

Is the picture attached good for it

Cc:
nurey

Modified:

Picture 2 that is red rubber container came with the car. I don't know what the oil is for if it is transmission oil but I'm willingly to buy transmission oil incase we not sure if its transmission oil

undecided
Gearbox don reach 300k sha
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by Wizdom0091: 7:26pm On Dec 29, 2023
kingreign:

undecided
Gearbox don reach 300k sha

Boss which transmission oil you suggest I buy for the 2003 corolla. It is recommendation I'm waiting for that I haven't top up yet
Re: The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread by kingreign(m): 7:30pm On Dec 29, 2023
Wizdom0091:

Boss which transmission oil you suggest I buy for the 2003 corolla. It is recommendation I'm waiting for that I haven't top up yet

Genuine Toyota automatic transmission fluid type T-iv only.

(1) (2) (3) ... (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) ... (259) (Reply)

How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.