Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,167 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:44 AM

Photos Of The New Aircraft Launched By Air Peace As Nigerian Pilots Make History - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Photos Of The New Aircraft Launched By Air Peace As Nigerian Pilots Make History (58229 Views)

Gov Otu Adds New Aircraft To Callyair Fleet, Plans Additional 3 / Ibom Air Acquires New Aircraft, Fleet Number Increases To 4 / Akwa Ibom Government Acquires Two New Aircraft For Ibom Air (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos Of The New Aircraft Launched By Air Peace As Nigerian Pilots Make History by deavicky(m): 7:33pm On Aug 26, 2018
Na Igala man get this airline this one they name ojochide.
Re: Photos Of The New Aircraft Launched By Air Peace As Nigerian Pilots Make History by blacknp(m): 9:28pm On Aug 26, 2018
Lomprico2:
Nice!

Meanwhile we are still waiting for the imaginary nigerian air that d logo was lunched and commissioned by one dullard.
More intelligent than your father,so what does that make papa duck?
Re: Photos Of The New Aircraft Launched By Air Peace As Nigerian Pilots Make History by blacknp(m): 9:30pm On Aug 26, 2018
Tolexander:
Lovely!

Hope the shock absorbers are functioning well, in case they run into potholes.
Quite obvious you never enter airplane before?
Re: Photos Of The New Aircraft Launched By Air Peace As Nigerian Pilots Make History by rock003: 5:03am On Aug 27, 2018
4601CE:

You have made no sense

Probably because you are too zombeic to be sensible yourself
Re: Photos Of The New Aircraft Launched By Air Peace As Nigerian Pilots Make History by Lalaska(m): 4:45pm On Aug 28, 2018
Chief, a well maintained 16 year old plane isn't bad. Many airlines lease well maintained planes that are even up to 20 years. so no issue. Rejoice with those that are making progress so that your own progress will come.

geometricaxis:

the passengers will need God as their guardian in this 16 year old Tokunboh plane.

https://www.planespotters.net/airframe/Boeing/777/5N-BUU-Air-Peace/lLK1cyXP

Before people start hating, I applaud Air peace and wish them every success and hope they grow to become a giant airline of international stature with new planes. but me I am not entering a 16 yr old plane run by any small Nigerian company. We know how we Nigerians do things. Plane is not Bus that you can say driver abeg park let me drop.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of The New Aircraft Launched By Air Peace As Nigerian Pilots Make History by Nobody: 4:52pm On Aug 28, 2018
Lalaska:
Chief, a well maintained 16 year old plane isn't bad. Many airlines lease well maintained planes that are even up to 20 years. so no issue. Rejoice with those that are making progress so that your own progress will come.

Did I not rejoice with him and wish him well? you didnt see this part?

geometricaxis:

I applaud Air peace and wish them every success and hope they grow to become a giant airline of international stature with new planes. .

I said I wont enter a 16 yr old plane run by ANY Nigerian startup , is it by force? because I said I wont enter it means I dont wish them well?

1 Like

Re: Photos Of The New Aircraft Launched By Air Peace As Nigerian Pilots Make History by Kindafrosh5(m): 9:17pm On Aug 28, 2018
This thread was created to discuss the success of our home airline, yet some people came here to argue about the success of an Igbo man. If someone is so interested in that kind of argument, you can create another thread.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of The New Aircraft Launched By Air Peace As Nigerian Pilots Make History by Kindafrosh5(m): 9:47pm On Aug 28, 2018
geometricaxis:

Did I not rejoice with him and wish him well? you didnt see this part?

I said I wont enter a 16 yr old plane run by ANY Nigerian startup , is it by force? because I said I wont enter it means I dont wish them well?
An aircraft’s lifespan is measured not in years but in pressurization cycles. Each time an aircraft is pressurized during flight, its fuselage and wings are stressed. Both are made of large, plate-like parts connected with fasteners and rivets, and over time, cracks develop around the fastener holes due to metal fatigue.
It is usually based on takeoff and landing cycles. The fuselage is most susceptible to fatigue, but the wings are too, especially on short hauls where an aircraft goes through pressurization cycles every day.” Aircraft used on longer flights experience fewer pressurization cycles, and can last more than 20 years. There are 747s out there that are 25 or 30 years old.
So what can we say for a Boeing 777 that was used and maintained by a reputable airline like Emirate who have up to 152 (777) in their fleet and 150 on order. Cheers�

1 Like

Re: Photos Of The New Aircraft Launched By Air Peace As Nigerian Pilots Make History by Nobody: 10:07am On Aug 29, 2018
Kindafrosh5:

An aircraft’s lifespan is measured not in years but in pressurization cycles. Each time an aircraft is pressurized during flight, its fuselage and wings are stressed. Both are made of large, plate-like parts connected with fasteners and rivets, and over time, cracks develop around the fastener holes due to metal fatigue.
It is usually based on takeoff and landing cycles. The fuselage is most susceptible to fatigue, but the wings are too, especially on short hauls where an aircraft goes through pressurization cycles every day.” Aircraft used on longer flights experience fewer pressurization cycles, and can last more than 20 years. There are 747s out there that are 25 or 30 years old.
So what can we say for a Boeing 777 that was used and maintained by a reputable airline like Emirate who have up to 152 (777) in their fleet and 150 on order. Cheers�

My friend I know all this but at the end you still highlight my point. These planes were well maintained for 15 years but there is a reason why the airline removed these planes from their fleets. Amongst the many reasons (newer fuel efficient planes for example) is that older planes require more costly periodic maintenance. A start up airline that struggled to get the funding to lease or purchase newer planes will therefore be saddled with costly and more frequent scheduled maintenance likely leading to cutting corners as is the Nigerian way.

In many ways a used airliner is no different from a Tokunbo car. When the 10 yr old car lands in Nigeria it is close to new cosmetically and drives like new but the environment where it has been used is such that the car hides the potential problems. For 1, many components especially rubbers are designed to last only 10 years. So these cars come to the country at the time when these components start to fail, put them on Nigerian roads and these cars start to fail with a year or 2. And we know Nigerian will never put original parts on their cars.

Before you tell me the aviation industry is different, it is true that standards are higher but Nigerian factor is Nigerian factor and I know that fake parts exist in the aviation industry as well even abroad. We know our people, I will enter a 20 year old plane by a reputable foreign airline, I wont enter one run by a Nigerian airline, especially a start up. Like I said when they have established themselves then I might feel confident enough to enter their planes but I wont be a guinea pig. Even Arik with new planes and the funds struggled, talk less of a Nigerian startup with less capital.

My issue is the Nigerian factor. it's a culture problem. Also the aviation industry is called the coffin industry for a reason, it takes a plane crash for you to realize faults or corners that were cut. The Nigerian mentality and aviation do not go hand in hand as far as I am concerned. I have heard of Nigerian Airlines waiting for money from passengers tickets in order to pay for fuel, i have heard of Nigerian airlines refused permission to takeoff or planes seized because they refused to pay maintenance/ landing fees, or failing to provide food on a flight etc. These are exactly the kind of desperate economic conditions that seem to eventually plague nigerian airlines that lead to cutting corners on maintenance. So far I have only heard good things about Air peace but these airlines always start well promising a breath of fresh air. it will take 10 yrs to know, in the interim I will patronise the established reputable foreign Airlines. You cant tell me sorry (as Nigerians like to do) if I'm dead!!!

1 Like

Re: Photos Of The New Aircraft Launched By Air Peace As Nigerian Pilots Make History by Kindafrosh5(m): 3:09pm On Aug 29, 2018
You have a very good point�

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Breathtaking Pictures Of Osogbo, Osun At Night / The Disadvantages Of Obodo Oyibo Aka Abroad / Witness: Why We Didn’t Rescue Victims Of Abuja Air Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.