Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,175 members, 7,829,198 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

Bishop Oyedepo: "I Have Not Invested Money Into Any Business, Yet I'm Blessed" - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo: "I Have Not Invested Money Into Any Business, Yet I'm Blessed" (38271 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo: I Will Never Accept To Be President Of Nigeria, It's Demotion / Bishop Oyedepo: I Wear White Suits To Cut Costs / Bishop Oyedepo: I Warned Nigerians In 2015 About This ‘Evil’ Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "I Have Not Invested Money Into Any Business, Yet I'm Blessed" by Nobody: 8:36am On Aug 27, 2018
CodeTemplar:
Hateful souls will always look for what to say to satisfy their destructive tendencies.
The man has proven that he isn't running businesses but fulfilling God's purpose for his life.
How?
I cant see any proof?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "I Have Not Invested Money Into Any Business, Yet I'm Blessed" by Davidamilare: 8:38am On Aug 27, 2018
Let us wake up

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "I Have Not Invested Money Into Any Business, Yet I'm Blessed" by Nobody: 8:45am On Aug 27, 2018
HigherEd:

One Jet. And a jet is just a vehicle for transportation. If getting a perspnal car isn't wrong then getting a personal plane isn't wrong.

Universities are not investments but a ministry. Oyedepo is smarter than pouring money into schools for the purpose of profit... He used 30 billion naira to build landmark. That money is capable of building 9 big factories that can generate him and his family cool cash for life. All the factories/farms in Canaanland are owned by Covenant and serves as IGR for the uni. How many real business men do you see investing in university building? Dangote? Otedola? Elumelu? Adenuga?
If Oyedepo wanted to do business he could easily venture into Oil and Gas, Telecoms, Banking and Financial secor, Investment banking and not build Covenant university.
And no the universities are not for profit. It takes 12 Covenant student school fees to pay the annual salary of just one professor. The school has over 120 full time professors with 7000 students. Start doing the math and maybe you would understand universities are not for profit ventures.
If Oyedepo was into business even your Dangote would be a learner in terms of financial networth. But no he isn't!

"But when the Pharisees heard this, they said, “It is only by Beelzebul, the prince of demons, that this fellow(Jesus) drives out demons.” - Mathew 12:24

U must be mentally unstable to write this crap, university is a ministry? I really pity u.
Secondly u are a bloody liar, covenant University School fees is nothing less than 500k. How much does a professor receive in Nigeria again?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "I Have Not Invested Money Into Any Business, Yet I'm Blessed" by Tejiriseth(m): 9:24am On Aug 27, 2018
Oh.. You still believe in Devil sef.. You brain weak oh...
I would have told you to wake up, but its the normal African default setting thats doing you
HigherEd:

Lol you know it gets me excited to see Atheists get so angry about pastors. It only shows the Devil is angry as usual and he can only express it through his earthly proxies.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "I Have Not Invested Money Into Any Business, Yet I'm Blessed" by TheUbermensch: 9:32am On Aug 27, 2018
stagger:

In 2008, Bishop sent all the car gifts he was given to various church branches to be auctioned to members. I personally know 2 people who benefitted, buying multi-million naira cars for less than half a million.

The gifts he receives alone can pay off half of Nigeria's budget. There is also talk that he has an oil well. Perhaps Leke Beechroft can help us out here.

He is not on your level.

The way y'all unnecessarily defend this man who doesn't have an idea of your worthless existence is something that amazes me.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "I Have Not Invested Money Into Any Business, Yet I'm Blessed" by EmirAbj: 9:33am On Aug 27, 2018
That is why I hate xtianity, some xtians are mumu to the extent that their pastors will turn dem to ATM, see this one lying, he built university with the church members money yet see how he dey lie... XTIANS needs to be wise up
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "I Have Not Invested Money Into Any Business, Yet I'm Blessed" by Tejiriseth(m): 9:37am On Aug 27, 2018
Bros.. You've said it all.. Buy malt for your self.. When we see, I will pay.!
MrGoogle88:
Hahahaha...your church IS your business...you managed to convince working people rich and poor to give you 10 percent of their income...doesn't take much talent to pull that off in this part of the world where we still believe in money rituals..... grin grin grin
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "I Have Not Invested Money Into Any Business, Yet I'm Blessed" by Akmukoro: 10:05am On Aug 27, 2018
anyone who cannot recognise greatness can never be great. Bishop is one of a kind . God bless u sir
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "I Have Not Invested Money Into Any Business, Yet I'm Blessed" by linusbnn(m): 10:34am On Aug 27, 2018
HigherEd:

"The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose. An evil soul producing holy witness is like a villain with a smiling cheek, A goodly apple rotten at the heart.

O, what a goodly outside falsehood hath!"

William Shakespeare

Wise up abeg.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "I Have Not Invested Money Into Any Business, Yet I'm Blessed" by linusbnn(m): 10:34am On Aug 27, 2018
hopefulLandlord:
I thought church is a business?

Funny you.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "I Have Not Invested Money Into Any Business, Yet I'm Blessed" by linusbnn(m): 10:37am On Aug 27, 2018
CodeTemplar:
Hateful souls will always look for what to say to satisfy their destructive tendencies.
The man has proven that he isn't running businesses but fulfilling God's purpose for his life.

The last time I check,I know of covenant university and I also know of Living faith schools.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "I Have Not Invested Money Into Any Business, Yet I'm Blessed" by linusbnn(m): 10:44am On Aug 27, 2018
Infocitadel:
and who told you those are his businesses. for your information, they are 100% church property,. not oyedepo's

Who owns the church?.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "I Have Not Invested Money Into Any Business, Yet I'm Blessed" by lexy2014: 11:49am On Aug 27, 2018
CodeTemplar:
Their personal ambitions.
And dont forget to tell us how Oyedepo's purpose correlates to business.
what&what makes u feel that d likes of bill gates, dangote, Oprah are pursuing their personal ambition and not their God given purpose? Does that mean that anyone who is doing anything outside pastoring isn't pursuing Gods purpose?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "I Have Not Invested Money Into Any Business, Yet I'm Blessed" by lexy2014: 11:57am On Aug 27, 2018
CodeTemplar:
Their personal ambitions.
And dont forget to tell us how Oyedepo's purpose correlates to business.
are oyedepos schools free? Are his schools run as a charity?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "I Have Not Invested Money Into Any Business, Yet I'm Blessed" by kmaster007: 12:11pm On Aug 27, 2018
bcoz maga dey pay nah.... tithes the enter account
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "I Have Not Invested Money Into Any Business, Yet I'm Blessed" by Psoul(m): 1:10pm On Aug 27, 2018
Dalam0n:

What has the snake oil selling enterprise Oyedepo deals in got to do with empy mythological narrative you just posted from the bible?

"He has blinded their eyes and hardened their hearts, so they can neither see with their eyse, nor understand with their hearts, nor turn-and I would heal them." (John 20:40)

You will read but will not understand. The above Scripture describes ur situation. Seek your Lord when there is still time.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "I Have Not Invested Money Into Any Business, Yet I'm Blessed" by Dalam0n: 1:13pm On Aug 27, 2018
Psoul:

"He has blinded their eyes and hardened their hearts, so they can neither see with their eyse, nor understand with their hearts, nor turn-and I would heal them." (John 20:40)

You will read but will not understand. The above Scripture describes ur situation. Seek your Lord when there is still time.

Keep using mythological writings to support a snake oil salesman.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "I Have Not Invested Money Into Any Business, Yet I'm Blessed" by Psoul(m): 1:17pm On Aug 27, 2018
HigherEd:

Lol you know it gets me excited to see Atheists get so angry about pastors. It only shows the Devil is angry as usual and he can only express it through his earthly proxies.

Hahahaahaha grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Bros, this ur response don sweet me scatter my head.

All these Christ haters are just mad. Why are they so jealous and wicked.
When u see Christians doing great, they start crying and gnashing their teeth.

The other said Christianity is mental slavery. My question to him is; You that is enjoying mental freedom, why are u not doing better than that person that is under mental slavery.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "I Have Not Invested Money Into Any Business, Yet I'm Blessed" by Psoul(m): 1:26pm On Aug 27, 2018
blackaxe78:
grin

Blessed with free money from gullible brainwashed followers.

Baba, please quite ministry and go find a job for 5years and let's see how you will fair

Reaping people off their hard earned money by brainwashing them and you say you blessed

And what are universities? Oh! They charity institutions

Baba please remember not all Nigerians are your members that you can brainwash

U are not gullible and you don't give your money to Pastors nor to any church. Are you doing better than the gullible ones?
Ar you bother about the welfare of your so called gullible or hurt by the money the Pastors are making?
He choose to be a Pastor and did not stop anyone from bn a Pastor. Open ur own church and let us see how many gullible you will be able to brainwash in the nxt 5years.

Can't understand why ppl wouldn't mind their own business.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "I Have Not Invested Money Into Any Business, Yet I'm Blessed" by CodeTemplar: 3:43pm On Aug 27, 2018
lexy2014:
are oyedepos schools free? Are his schools run as a charity?
Do lecturer work there for free? Does the school get regular water supply or power supply for free? Does the schools acquire lands for free? Does the school maintain structure and equipment with free labour or materials?

You think Oyedepo is wasteful man who succumbs to emotional blackmail from people like you. Take that talk to the govt that sponsors UI and OAU heavily.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "I Have Not Invested Money Into Any Business, Yet I'm Blessed" by CodeTemplar: 3:45pm On Aug 27, 2018
lexy2014:
what&what makes u feel that d likes of bill gates, dangote, Oprah are pursuing their personal ambition and not their God given purpose? Does that mean that anyone who is doing anything outside pastoring isn't pursuing Gods purpose?
Did they tell you God called them? Aproko!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "I Have Not Invested Money Into Any Business, Yet I'm Blessed" by LordReed(m): 3:49pm On Aug 27, 2018
CodeTemplar:
Do lecturer work there for free? Does the school get regular water supply or power supply for free? Does the schools acquire lands for free? Does the school maintain structure and equipment with free labour or materials?

You think Oyedepo is wasteful man who succumbs to emotional blackmail from people like you. Take that talk to the govt that sponsors UI and OAU heavily.

Does any charity organisation get services for free? Do they get office space for free? Do they get water and light for free?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "I Have Not Invested Money Into Any Business, Yet I'm Blessed" by CodeTemplar: 3:51pm On Aug 27, 2018
linusbnn:

The last time I check,I know of covenant university and I also know of Living faith schools.
So what do you know about them? please be specific and stop teasing.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "I Have Not Invested Money Into Any Business, Yet I'm Blessed" by CodeTemplar: 3:57pm On Aug 27, 2018
gr8child:

Lol. The church. The church is his business.
How please?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "I Have Not Invested Money Into Any Business, Yet I'm Blessed" by CodeTemplar: 4:02pm On Aug 27, 2018
Jaqenhghar:

What do you call the schools he set up? A charity organization?
What do you call University of Ibadan? A service or charity platform?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "I Have Not Invested Money Into Any Business, Yet I'm Blessed" by CodeTemplar: 4:04pm On Aug 27, 2018
emmie14:

Who owns the university? Am a faithful Christian . Don't misinform your mind
God does.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "I Have Not Invested Money Into Any Business, Yet I'm Blessed" by CodeTemplar: 4:07pm On Aug 27, 2018
LordReed:

Does any charity organisation get services for free? Do they get office space for free? Do they get water and light for free?
Charities are run with resource that have been wholly volunteered.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "I Have Not Invested Money Into Any Business, Yet I'm Blessed" by Jaqenhghar: 4:26pm On Aug 27, 2018
CodeTemplar:
What do you call University of Ibadan? A service or charity platform?
Im asking you since his school is not a money making venture you said its a ministry. Going by that logic I guess UI is a ministry as well
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "I Have Not Invested Money Into Any Business, Yet I'm Blessed" by calculator123(m): 4:33pm On Aug 27, 2018
castrokins:
Well It's Easy. I Was In One Of Their Branches Today. The Resident Pastor Announced That Papa's Birthday Is Coming Up And So Members Should Pledge Seeds Towards It. That The Branch Is Looking Forward To Sending At Least N1m Birthday Seed To Papa. Now You Do The Maths. If All The Branches Worldwide Sends In N1m At The Very Least, What Exactly Is He Doing With Business?
those money are the Roi from his business venture

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "I Have Not Invested Money Into Any Business, Yet I'm Blessed" by CodeTemplar: 4:35pm On Aug 27, 2018
Jaqenhghar:

Im asking you since his school is not a money making venture you said its a ministry. Going by that logic I guess UI is a ministry as well
Going by your avoidance of simple question I conclude you know Oyedepo owns no business but you just hateful.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "I Have Not Invested Money Into Any Business, Yet I'm Blessed" by LordReed(m): 4:45pm On Aug 27, 2018
CodeTemplar:
Charities are run with resource that have been wholly volunteered.

Operative word being resources. The universities and schools in question require resources just like a charity does, then to say they cannot be charities because of resources is a bad argument.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "I Have Not Invested Money Into Any Business, Yet I'm Blessed" by CodeTemplar: 5:10pm On Aug 27, 2018
LordReed:

Operative word being resources. The universities and schools in question require resources just like a charity does, then to say they cannot be charities because of resources is a bad argument.
??
Please speak English.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pastor Jerry Eze Gifts His Musicians Six New Cars / Christians From Other Denominations Will Bow Before You - Adeboye Prays For RCCG / Anambra Pastor Found With Fetish Objects And People's Names In His House (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.