Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,711 members, 7,809,697 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:26 PM

The Inheritance(a Thrilling Romance Story)by Rose Akpabio - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Inheritance(a Thrilling Romance Story)by Rose Akpabio (15358 Views)

The Second Wife - A Romance Story / FEIRE - A Romance Story / A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Inheritance(a Thrilling Romance Story)by Rose Akpabio by Angelsss(f): 9:08pm On Aug 26, 2018
Prologue

The charity fundraiser was a huge one. Chief Lucas Welch was a well known philanthropist, little wonder he was invited to such a grand event. He had started out as a stockbroker at first, then he explored other business opportunities which brought him a lot of money. The name Welsh was associated with the famous wine production company, “Wilavega”, it was a powerful name and everyone in Gertrude respected it. He attended these events with his beautiful daughter, Lila.
The man had lost his wife when his only child, Lila was two, he never remarried but devoted his time to building his business and raising his only child. He carried her everywhere with him as much as he could, to church, business trips and charity events as this. Lila was a better daughter than ten sons joined together; she had proved herself on several occasions a worthy heir to his fortune.
Lila Welsh could be described as an English rose, apart from her beauty, she was smart and confident, she was savvy when it came to business and she fought to protect everything that her father had worked for.
‘There are a lot of people here than I expected.’ Lila whispered as she moved towards the middle of the hall with her hands closely knitted with her father’s.
‘Yes dear, this fundraiser is for the orphanage at Cathedum, you know they recently suffered a terrible setback when the storms destroyed their buildings’ the old man replied. Cathedum was a city not too far away from Gertrude.
‘Oh I heard about that Orphanage...what an unfortunate event, poor kids’ Lila took in the massive hall where the donation would take place. She could feel a million eyes feeding on her and her father as they strolled into the hall.
‘Yes indeed, ’her father replied
She knew it would never end, her father was a force to reckon with, he had so many friends as well as enemies; she had noticed this at each time they went for an occasion, a lot of people always rushed to see him or speak with him one on one.
‘Ah, Chief Welsh, you are here.’ A grey haired man wearing the native attire of his tribe smiled generously as he reached her father, he had security with him.
‘Babalola Smith, how long it has been, where have you been?’ Her father returned the smile in the same portion.
She watched both men with a fixed smile on her face. She knew she’d get lost in their banter. She fidgeted abit. It was ironical that the fierce Lila Welsh who would bark orders and drive her employees crazy was not capable of staying in a crowd for long, she was also very shy.
‘I have been in Nigeria my friend, sorting out the business but I have more time now as my first son has taken over the company.’ The man replied her father.
‘I see, that is good news, I am happy for you.’ Her father laughed.
‘I know how Wilavega is doing and I am proud that you have spread your tentacles even to my home country, how you did this surpasses my imagination.’ Babalola had stopped smiling, his face was now serious.
‘That is a story for another day, there’ someone I would love you to meet.’ Her father beckoned to her.
Lila could see the other man’s face light up as she came forward, people always reacted this was whenever they saw her.
‘She is a splitting imageof Martha...’ Babalola said looking startled.
‘Yes, just like her English mother, she is as sweet as a rose.’ Her father’s face beamed with pride.
‘Good evening Mr. Babalola.’ Lila greeted the man with a polite smile.
‘Evening beautiful darling, you should marry one of my sons.’ The man laughed.
‘I think that is a good idea, we have been friends for long, why not tighten that bond via marriage?’ Her father turned towards her and winked.
‘I don’t know what to say sir, but thanks for the offer.’ Lila laughed, the man was good humoured as he had succeeded in putting a smile on her face.
‘So how is your own business empire? It’s no news that you are taking over Nigeria, you’re the leading name in the business world.’ Chief Welsh was also curious about his friend.
Lila knew the talk about their mutual businesses wasn’t going to end, she moved towards her father and whispered, ‘I need to take some fresh air.’
‘Alright darling, don’t be too long.’ He winked.
‘I won’t.’ Lila moved towards the exit, sighing with relief that she had gotten far from her father and his Nigerian friend.

She could still feel eyes feeding on her, watching her every move, some hoping she would falter as she was a creature of total perfection.
Lila Welsh was one woman who stood out in a crowd; sometimes for her beauty but mostly because of the way she handled her business with confidence and with clarity of purpose.
She was a little taller than average, she had a long black hair and soft hazel eyes, thanks to her English blood. Her lips were full and pink and her nose was firm and narrow. She had a slender body that fit perfectly to her shapely legs. Her breasts stood firm and her hips where not easy to ignore. Her complexion was a mix of honey and cream.
Her heels pounced on the tiled floor till she reached the door that led to the terrace , she breathed with relief as she found the stars and the face of the moon staring right into her eyes.
‘Phew, what a day.’ Lila closed her eyes and exhaled.
She had not planned to attend the ball with her father, but she had no choice as the man had practically forced her to come and there was no way she could have refused. He was her father and she loved him very much.
She needed some rest, she needed to sleep and relax after a hard day’s job.
‘Excuse me madam.’
Lila’s eyes flew wide open as she felt a light tap on her shoulder.
‘Yes? Can I help you?’ she didn’t expect any interruption and was a little irritated that it came so soon.
‘A gentleman bought this drink for you’ the serving girl offered Lila a glass and a bottle of chilled Wilavega grape juice.
‘Huh?’ Lila couldn’t believe someone would treat her to what she just needed! That person must be a mind reader.
‘He is over there.’ The girl pointed at a man who was leaning on a red car with his back facing her.
‘That’s really thoughtful of him.’ Lila smiled and took the glass, but she was not swift to pour the drink for herself, she was a very careful person and in the business world no one was to be trusted.

‘Do you mind sending him my appreciation?’ Lila asked sweetly.
‘Um...’ the girl was hesitant but she nodded and went on her way.
A smile twitched the corner of her mouth, she had buried herself in so much work that she forgot about her love life.
‘So long.’ She laughed within as she found it difficult to remember the last time she had gone on a date with a man.
Lila Welsh was not only careful about what she ate in public places, she was careful of men as well. She had never planned to fall in love with anyone, to her, love was a fantasy, there was nothing like it. She had planned her whole life out and love, marriage and kids were ruled out of the equation.
She had a target; to be the richest person in the world and the richest woman and nothing would stop her.
She had seen the way her friends had been hurt and humiliated all because of men, she had made a vow not to make the same mistake and so far, she had kept to her vow.
Lila enjoyed having sex with men, the occasional roll in the hay was not a bad thing; she loved sex as it helped her to relax, but after that, there was nothing else to it.
Her phone buzzed, she took it out immediately, her best friend Sade was calling.
‘Babes? Where are you?’
‘The BellenaDolgate Hall, you sound nervous.’
‘Of course I am! I have news for you, hot gist.’
‘Share it.’
‘Do you remember the famous Nigerian player guy I told you about?’
‘Um, the one that chases everything in skirts especially women in rich circles?’
‘Exactly! He is really handsome, guess what?’
‘I don’t have time for this Sade, you know I hate talking about men.’
‘Come on Lila, you know I have a huge crush on him, the guy is a hottie. You can’t resist him once you take your eyes off him.’
‘Whatever, just get straight to the point.’
‘Okay, his name is Gabriel Smith and I hear he is in town.’
‘Like in Gertrude?’
‘Yes, there are pictures of him and his father attending the Charity Ball, that’s why I called you, in case you see him, do take a selfie.’
‘You are not serious Sade, I need to rest now, see you when I get home.’
‘Alright Lila, love you.’
‘Love you too.’
Lila snorted as she ended the call, she couldn’t believe Sade had called to tell her about some handsome guy. She had met a lot of handsome guys and she had gone to bed with them, but they were empty and had nothing to offer at the end.
Lila Welsh saw men as objects, things that could only emanate pleasure.
‘Player indeed, funny girl.’ She muttered to herself.
She paused as she felt another presence, which was first announced by a masculine but sweet smelling scent that sifted into her nostrils and had her wondering what such a rare perfume was made up of.
‘Flames.’ A deep and throaty baritone said.
She took a deep breath and tried to still her senses before turning round.
Her breath stopped as her eyes bored into the most sensual pair of eyes she had ever seen. The stranger was not handsome, his attractiveness was beyond handsomeness, in fact, “handsome” was a rather tame word to describe the hard male beauty and the seductiveness that surrounded him.
She licked her lips slightly, not knowing what to say.
‘It’s obvious that you love my perfume. I made it myself, my family is into perfumery, flames.’ He paused and took in her beautiful nature.
‘The company in Lagos, Nigeria?’ she asked.
‘Yes, any time you need to be pampered do not hesitate’ The stranger dug his hand into his pocket and fetched his complimentary card.
‘Okay...’ She took the card gingerly and dropped it in her purse.
‘I must go now, drink up before it gets warm, I wouldn’t dream of poisoning beautiful women as you.’ He winked and turned his back on her.
‘Hey wait! Who are you?’ She called after him.
But it was too late, like her, he had taken on a black cloth which had dissolved into the impending darkness of the night.

2 Likes

Re: The Inheritance(a Thrilling Romance Story)by Rose Akpabio by Angelsss(f): 9:10pm On Aug 26, 2018
Chapter One

Slowly the memories of the five last years faded away and she was left staring at the mirror, her reflection had not changed, she was still the old version of herself and nothing had changed her, not even the death of her father, she was still as strong as ever.
‘I am almost ready Lila, be patient.’ Sade screamed at the top of her lungs.
‘Just take your time, the damn meeting can wait.’ Lila stifled a yawn, she moved towards her bed and sat on it.
A lot of things had changed in the company since her father had died two years back, everyone had adjusted even her, but she still felt the vacancy of his absence in her life.
He had been her rock, she depended on him for direction, but it seemed the world was now on her shoulders as she had no one else to lean on in times of trouble.
‘I will make you proud father, I swear it.’ She pressed a shaky hand on her chest. That was the vow she had made to him on his dying bed and she was not about to go back on it, she would work hard and take Wilavega to the highest heights.
‘Are you there gurl?’ Sade rushed towards her.
‘Where am I supposed to be?’ Lila rolled her eyes and turned round to face her friend.
‘Look what I found in the bin...I was about dropping the pack of my shaving stick.’ Sade handed her friend a wrinkled and old looking paper note.
‘Oh...’ Lila scoffed and threw the card on the ground.
‘Why do that?’ Sade bent low and picked it up, her eyes grew radiant with surprise as she read the contents of the card.
‘Oh my God, how on earth did you get his complimentary card? This is a miracle! It is not easy to set eyes on a man like Gabriel Smith. Where did you see him? Tell me Lila, does he look like a Greek God like most people say?’ Sade was excited with this discovery, she was so curious for more.

‘Gosh, can you just get dressed? We have a lot of things to do today.’ Lila ignored her questions.
She had no business talking or discussing a man like Gabriel Smith. Slowly, the events of the night that took place at the Charity ball five years back played in her mind.
His face had haunted her these past years, never had she seen a man so eloquently formed, so beautiful like Gabriel, but she always left him in the prison of her mind, in her world of fantasies as he was not the type of man that she wanted around her. Gabriel had affected her in a way that no other man had, she found it difficult to focus on other things, at the mention of his name either in the news or in some gossip magazine, her heart always skipped as she remembered how his dark eyes cut through her heart.
‘When did you start keeping secrets from me Lila?’ Sade could see that her friend was being evasive.
‘I am not keeping secrets, you know me, I don’t like talking about men.’ Lila replied stubbornly.
Yes, Gabriel Smith was a hardworking and successful business man, the type of man she had always desired, but his flirtatious ways with women, the way women threw themselves at his feet in adoration as if he were a god always irritated her. She had heard tales of the number of women he had conquered in bed, especially ladies of the higher echelon.
He had slept with Karina, Mmeyene, Sharon, Amina, Zainab and Sirena, all these ladies were children of very wealthy men. It seemed he had a class of what he wanted and he always tossed them aside whenever he had his maximum satisfaction.
‘Then where did you get this card?’ Sade wouldn’t let her be.
‘I am running late Sade, I have an important meeting....’ she trailed off as her phone rang, quickly she turned to her friend and whispered, ‘excuse me.’
‘Alright then, just know that nothing stays hidden for long.’ Sade stared after her, knowing very well that her friend was not being honest with her.
Lila took her phone and hurried to the room adjacent to the one she shared with her friend, her mansion was enormous but she chose to live together with her best friend.
‘Hello Nonso, how are you doing this morning?’ She placed the phone against her ears. Nonso Dobrev was her sales Manager, he was a Nigerian too, he was handsome as well, and the thought of him reminded her of Gabriel; she wondered briefly if all Nigerian men were this cute.
‘Good morning Madam, please I’d like to file a report urgently.’ He said.
‘Oh...what could be so urgent Nonso? Can’t we do this in my office?’ She wondered what could be so important.
‘I and my team have carried out a survey and we have realized an inconsistence in the use of Wilavega wines.’ He paused, letting his message register in her head.
‘Inconsistence? Be clearer.’ She sighed.
‘Wilavega wines have lost to a new wine brand in the market, we made just 10% sales this month, last month was 20% and three months before were 15%. I didn’t want to tell you at first, but it is getting out of hand and I feel that I should let you know.’
‘You’re kidding.’ A rumbling laughter escaped her lips, she just couldn’t believe it.
She had expected him to join her in the laughter, but when he didn’t, she knew this was serious.
‘I know this is hard for you to take, but there are a lot of wine brands in the market and Wilavega is competing with them. We were the sole wine producers in Getrude for over fifty years, but other companies are fast rising and they may over throw us.’ Nonso had to show her the true situation of things.

‘Why are you telling me this now?’ Lila snapped angrily at him, she hated incompetence.
‘I...’ he started to explain but she cut him short.
‘You know how hard I have been working on a new brand of wine, why on earth did you keep this information from me? I hate incompetence! You should’ve brought this to me when the sales had begun to go down, now what am I supposed to do? You think doing business is a gamble in the clubhouse? Hell, it is about planning and good policies! You are fired!’ she yelled angrily and cut off the call, not giving him time to explain.
‘Shit, this is bad, this is real bad.’ Lila had never been this shaken since the death of her beloved father.
Her legs became unsteady so she moved towards the only piece of furniture in the massive room; a stool.
‘What am I supposed to do now?’ Lila was afraid, this meant extra hard work and long hours in the office. It could take a person months or even years to build a brand and it could take just an hour to destroy that brand, that was what Nonso had just done to her.
If he had come to her with this sort of information, then she would’ve known how to act.
If Wilavega wine products were no longer well received, then that called for doom, for the folding up of her father’s company, his legacy and she was not going to have that.
‘No, there must be a way out.’ She closed her eyes and thought up some ideas.
First, she was going to fire everyone in the Sales and marketing department, they were going to feel her wrath for letting her down. They were in charge of situation reports, yet they had waited till the situation of Wilavega had gotten worse before reporting to her.
‘I know what to do, I know where to begin.’ She murmured underneath her breath while rising to her feet.
With a new wave of strength and determination, Lila Welsh, the Chief Executive Officer walked towards the door, only to be halted by the prompt of an incoming call.
‘Phew.’ She sighed and took it, her lawyer was calling.
‘Good morning Eva, it’s been so long you called.’ Lila said, and this was true, her lawyer rarely called her except when she needed to clarify something.
‘Morning Lila, true, I had to call you urgently, there’s grave news.’ Eva returned.
‘Good heavens, why is today such a bad day for me?’ Lila’s voice was shaky, not knowing what next to expect.
‘That’s life Lila, bad things happen, only the strongest survive.’ Eva replied.
Lila was not comfortable with her statement, what bad thing was going to happen to her?
‘If you have anything important to say to me, just spit it, I am tough.’ Lila called her to order as there was no need of speaking in parables or beating around the bush.
‘Okay...Wilavega is in a huge debt, if it is not cleared, the bank would take over the company soon.’ Eva dropped the bomb.
Five minutes passed and Lila couldn’t say a word, her lawyer had never bluffed with her and this didn’t look like she was trying to.
‘Are you there Lila?’
‘Look, I am sorry for being the harbinger of bad news but it took me great courage to tell you this. This information has been on my plate for some days and I didn’t find the strength to break the news. Your father had made some really bad business decisions which would affect everyone of us now.’
Lila shut her eyes another time, she allowed her mind to wallow in unseen darkness, she opened up herself to the news she had received, first from Nonso and now her lawyer.
‘Tell me everything.’ Lila whispered.
‘I am sorry Lila, you know Wilavega is a top wine producer, hence you will have so many enemies, please we cannot discuss this on phone. Let us find time and talk, we have a lot of things to do.’ Her lawyer advised.
‘Okay then, Friday night, 8P.M at my house.’ Lila said.
‘That’s better, have a great day ahead.’
‘Thanks.’ Lila nodded and broke the connection.
‘No...this is not happening.’ She felt lost, she felt numb as the words of Eva Benson, kept ringing in her ears.
How on earth would she run a company that was in a huge debt? What really scared her was the recent drop in productivity and profit making.
‘No!’ Tears made her eyes brim, but she wasn’t going to let them drop. She couldn’t cry now, tears never solver a problem. She was Lila Welsh and Lila never cried.
Sade who’d been busy getting herself prepared for work, heard her friend screaming, so she dropped the hair brush she’d been holding and hurried towards the room.
‘Lila? Are you alright?’
‘Lila?’ Sade walked in reluctantly, hoping she had not stepped in at the wrong time.
One glance at her friend’s face made her realize that everything was not alright, the only time she had seen Lila this distraught, was the death of her father.
‘Lila...?’ She tapped her lightly on the shoulder.
Lila seemed like one who was in a trance; her blue eyes had lost their fire; her skin had grown placed and her lips were jittery.
‘Trouble has some upon us Sade.’
Lila could not believe that was the sound of her own voice, she couldn’t believe that her voice would be so light, so afraid.
‘What trouble? Talk to me.’ Sade immediately dropped on her knees and stayed beside her.
‘I...I don’t even know where to start. I am so confused. How would I run the company when we are in debt? How would I pay salaries? Run the machines and the grapevines?’ Lila groaned.
‘What debt? What are you talking about?’ Sade was a bit lost.
Nina knew Sade was the only person she could trust, the only person she could rely on. So she poured out her heart and told her friend everything that Nonso had said, followed by Eva’s information about the debt.
‘That’s horrible news, what more did Eva say about the debt? How was it incurred?’
‘She wouldn’t say, she claimed that my father made some bad business decisions. She would come over Friday Tomorrow and we will talk about it. I don’t even know where to start Lila, this is such a terrible Nightmare, I wish someone would wake me up from it.’ Lila complained, she had never been faced with this sort of her situation.
All her life that she had run the company and watched her father do same, there had never been a report of debt or low sales, why did everything have to fall apart now that he was away?
‘What if I am not good enough? What if the company is falling apart because of me?’ Lila began to doubt herself.
‘Come on Lila, you don’t have to say this. What is happening right now is beyond your control. Your father’s business decisions were taken without your knowledge; maybe you would’ve stopped him, if he had opened up to you.’ Sade hated to see her this way.
‘How about the low reception of Wilavega wines? Is that part of my father’s mistakes?’
‘I know how hard you are trying to make this mistake yours, but it isn’t going to help you. This is not the time to cast or accept blames, we both need to work together, we both need to think a way through this.’ Sade advised.
‘I would feel like a failure should Wilavega crumble in my reign.’ Lila shook her head.
‘And it won’t, listen, let’s find a place and hang out, we need to refresh our minds and think up ideas. Only failures give up Lila, you always told me that, now it is my time to look after you.’ Sade’s hand went over her shoulder lovingly.
‘I don’t know what I’ll do without a best friend as you.’ Lila actually felt better after opening up to her friend.
‘You’re not in this alone Lila, I promise. You are not alone.’ Sade dropped a light kiss on her pale cheeks, it was reassuring and this made feel Lila feel safe against the world, against what was to come.

1 Like

Re: The Inheritance(a Thrilling Romance Story)by Rose Akpabio by Angelsss(f): 9:11pm On Aug 26, 2018
Visit Davinadiaries for more of my stories.

https://www.davinadiaries.com/author/rose-akpabio/
Re: The Inheritance(a Thrilling Romance Story)by Rose Akpabio by FortunateB(f): 11:42am On Aug 27, 2018
Our very own Angeless is back with a mind blowing story.
nice start, I know we will read to the end.
Re: The Inheritance(a Thrilling Romance Story)by Rose Akpabio by Ann2012(f): 2:06pm On Aug 27, 2018
This is interesting

Well done OP
Re: The Inheritance(a Thrilling Romance Story)by Rose Akpabio by importantperson: 2:51pm On Aug 27, 2018
Great I don't park here.
Re: The Inheritance(a Thrilling Romance Story)by Rose Akpabio by afolabiwunmi: 3:53pm On Aug 27, 2018
Hmmmmm, another one don land ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, great work ma'am.
Re: The Inheritance(a Thrilling Romance Story)by Rose Akpabio by Angelsss(f): 10:59pm On Aug 31, 2018
CHAPTER TWO
Sade had succeeded in taking Lila to the gym; Lila was a very stubborn person and it was difficult to make her see reasons with other people’s opinions.
“A gym is not a good place to think up business ideas.” She had refuted Sade’s suggestion.
“But it can make your system relax, and when one is relaxed, ideas begin to spring up from the places you least expected.” Sade had fired back.
‘Are you happy now?’ Lila scoffed as she stared at the massive fitness structure before them.
‘It’s for the good of us, now come on.’ Sade parked the car safely before jumping out.
Lila had worn a pair of sneakers, a denim and a short sleeved top; she had tied her long hair into a bun and slipped on her eyes dark brown shades.
‘So what sort of exercise do you plan to make me do?’ Lila asked Sade, who had opted for something shorter.
‘Sit ups maybe, what do you think?’ Sade asked, she almost laughed as she realized Lila’s bewildered face as a very obese woman jogged past them.
‘Is that Photoshop?’ Lila couldn’t believe that one person could be that fat.
‘It is real my darling friend, now that is the reason we must visit this gym every day.’ Sade winked.

Sade was right, a few minutes in the gym had made it possible for her to focus on other things aside from her company and her father’s mistakes.
She decided to lift weights, Lila had always admired female wrestlers and body builders right from when she was a kid.
‘You know, my dad made me exercise right from seven.’ Lila laughed as she remembered that year.
‘That was quite early, why did he do that?’ Sade chuckled, her voice was curious.
‘You know how mean kids could be, I was bullied at some point because of my skin colour and my blue eyes. My father taught me to stand up for myself, he made me train and the next day when those mean little kids came for me, I did their asses dirty.’ Lila told the story just as it had happened.
‘Wow, I love that. I wish my parents had done so much for me.’ Sade’s shoulders slumped as she felt tired from riding the immovable bicycle.
‘Hey, you don’t need to feel bad about your parent’s divorce. Just let it go, you will get married to a wonderful man someday and you will be happy.’ Lila knew how much of a traumatic childhood her friend had.
Sade had been abandoned by her parents, she had grown up with her grandmother in the village and things had been really tough with them.
‘Thank you, now speaking of boys...when last did you go out on a date?’ Sade asked.
‘Two weeks back, his name is Mark. We had sex twice, but I won’t see him again.’ Lila replied carelessly.
‘Lila!’ Sade was not in support of her dating style.
‘What? I am not like you. I know you are traditional and religious; I don’t plan to get married, I love my life the way it is.’ Lila knew her friend was not comfortable with the way she chose and dropped men at random.
‘You know what Lila, I am done talking to you. You are a beautiful and smart woman who knows what is best for her, suit yourself.’ Sade’s chubby face split as she smiled.
‘Why are you smiling?’ Lila wondered.
‘You are only saying these things because you have not found the man for you. When you fall in love, you’ll understand this part of life better.’ Sade said.
‘Oh, that’s you being traditional all over and that is what I despise about Nigerian girls. They want to fall in love and get married and have kids, why can’t they think of inventing something? Or creating a brand that the world has never seen before? Is that such a bad thing?’
‘Careful Lila, don’t insult us Nigerians.’ Sade winked.
‘Whatever, can we go now? I am done relaxing.’ Lila’s words were drenched in sarcastic honey.
‘Yes boss!’ Sade smiled, feeling inwardly relieved that her friend was back to her old self.
The girls gathered their water bottles and their sunglasses and headed towards the exit.
They were about to leave when Lila felt a tap on her shoulder, she quickly swirled round and found a young girl holding out a tray which contained a Wilavega wine bottle and a glass.
‘For you madam.’ She said.
‘Um, excuse me?’ Lila moved back.
‘There’s a note attached.’ The girl pointed at a piece of paper which was enclosed in the wineglass.
‘Thanks.’ Lila accepted the tray and pulled out the paper immediately.
Her heart began to race as she thought about that night at the Charity Ball; was he around? Had Gabriel been thinking of her the way she had been thinking of him all these years?
“From a Secret Admirer.” She read the words out.
She dropped the tray on the floor next to her, scanning the wide hall that made the gym, but she found no man in particular staring at her.
‘Lila? Come on! We don’t have all day!’ Sade, who had already found her way into the car beckoned on her to hurry.
‘I’m coming!’ Lila glanced round once more; she decided not to take the bottle with her, that would mean explaining to Sade about her meeting with Gabriel Smith five years ago.
She folded the note into the pocket of her trouser and hurried to the car.
‘What took you so long?’ Sade asked.
‘Um, I just fell in love with the gym.’ Lila replied smiling.
‘Whatever, just put on your seatbelt. I am starving.’ Sade snorted before reeling the car off the road.

CHAPTER THREE
‘That’s sweet baby, I love that...’ she moaned softly as he ran his tongue over her belly, she loved the feel of his mouth on her skin. He knew all the secrets of her body, he knew how to turn her on and how to satisfy her completely.
‘I’m glad you do.’ He paused as he reached her waist.
He grabbed her panties with his teeth and slid it down till it reached her feet.
Simone gasped with shock as his tongue found the inner core of wetness, her moans became louder as he licked and sucked.
‘Baby...ah...Gabriel.’ She couldn’t help but moan his name.
He was right there with her, he was pleasuring Simone but his mind was on the blue eyed goddess that wouldn’t let him be.
Her face had found a permanent place in his heart; her eyes had bored deep holes within him; she was a ghost, and she chose to haunt him.
Right from the moment he had set his eyes on the daughter of his father’s friend, he’d known she was different from the rest of the women he had been with. He had seen the fire that had blazed in her sea blue eyes; he had seen the way she carried her head proudly above her shoulders.
No woman had ever dealt with him the way Lila Welsh had.
Women dumped themselves at his feet, they worshipped his footprints; all he did was to choose the woman he desired and she was all his. But not Lila, that night had defined who she truly was.
He had heard stories about her, of how she used and dumped men at will; of how she called the shots when it came to relationships but he had not believed them.
Five years had passed since he left her his phone number and she had not dared to call, this had bothered him. Year after year, his desires for her heightened, his curiosity of have a taste of her golden body was increased; his want of her became greater and he knew if he did nothing, he wouldn’t be able to contain the rising need of his loins.
Even with a woman as beautiful as Simone in his bed, he couldn’t stop thinking of the mulatto that had stolen his interest.
Did she not find him attractive like other women did?
‘Darling?’ Simone purred, she noticed that her lover had stopped working his way down her valley.
‘You stopped...’ she stared into his eyes.
‘I am sorry Simone, I am not in the mood.’ Gabriel lost his appetite and rolled over to the other side of the bed.
‘What troubles you my darling?’ Simone felt rejected and hurt but she wouldn’t let it show. His happiness and contentment was far greater than hers. She loved him to the death and she was willing to sacrifice anything that would make him happy.
‘Nothing.’ Gabriel turned his face away from her.
He had a sea of lovers but Simone had been the longest he had dated, they’d been together for two years now.
She never wanted commitment from him and neither had she indicated her interest in getting married to him. She understood his kind of person and that was the reason he’d chosen to be with her for such a long time.
‘Is it work?’ She probed.
‘I am fine Simone!’ Gabriel pushed her hands away, her only flaw was being too clingy at times when he needed to be alone.
‘You know what? Just go, leave me.’ He pointed at the door.
He could see sadness cover her face just like the dark clouds would cover the azure clouds, shielding them from the shadow of the sun.
‘Are you seeing someone else? Is that why you’re being so nasty?’ Simone asked in a loud voice.
‘Just get the hell out, what part of that don’t you understand?’ He fired back.
‘Whatever, you’ll come back to me.’ She fetched her panties and slipped it on, gathered her clothes and hurried out of the room.
‘Finally! Some silence.’ Gabriel blew air through his lips.
Slowly a serene calmness filled the room and he shut his eyes out to his rumbling thoughts, he needed to see her again, this time at closer range. There was something about her defiance and strong will, something about the way she tossed men aside like mere toys; he was willing to break her will.
Just like other women submitted to him, Lila Welsh had to bow, this was a vow he made to himself five years ago.
Gabriel fetched his phone quickly, he had already set his plans into motion.
He dialled Rocky’s number immediately to get the situation report on things. Rocky had been his friend right from his first year in the University; they’d met in a lecture halls, he had left home without a pen and Rocky had been the one to offer him one. After that day, their a seed of understanding was sown and friendship bloomed.
‘Hello Player, how are you today?’ Rocky was excited to hear from his friend.
‘Can you just stop calling me that?’ Gabriel sneered.
‘The title suits you fine, so how are you doing?’ Rocky laughed.
‘I saw her today at the gym, but far away.’ Gabriel replied.
‘Who?’
‘Miss C.E.O of course.’
‘Are you kidding me Gabriel? It’s been five years man, quit stalking that piece of sugarcane.’
‘You know me, once I got my eye on something; I never let it out of my sight.’
‘You’ll not get this one bro, she’s a tough woman. She resisted your charms that night, for five years she didn’t call. What makes you think you are different from the other men she has slept with?’
‘I am Gabriel Smith and I have a different kind of flavour.’

CHAPTER FOUR

1 Like

Re: The Inheritance(a Thrilling Romance Story)by Rose Akpabio by Angelsss(f): 11:00pm On Aug 31, 2018
‘I don’t think she would love a brag.’ Rocky said.
‘Just shut up.’ Gabriel knew his friend was trying to discourage him, but he had put all his plans in place.
‘I know what I am doing, why don’t we bet?’ Gabriel suggested.
‘Sounds good to me, because I know you’ll be at the losing end.’ Rocky was quite sure that a woman like Lila would never give in to Gabriel’s Casanova antics.
‘If I make Lila Welsh fall in love with me, you’ll pay me a Hundred thousand dollars.’ Gabriel made the first move.
‘That’s huge, I accept since I know that you’re not capable of winning her love.’ Rocky retorted.
‘Deal.’
‘Deal.’
‘Alright, let me get some rest as the battle line has been drawn.’ Gabriel decided he had done enough talking, he turned off his phone and drifted into the world of dreams.

‘Who is Lila Welsh?’She crept up behind and curled her arms around his waist.
She loved Gabriel very much and she was willing to do anything to secure him for eternity.
‘I told you to stay in the bedroom Simone, but you eavesdropped, that is not cool.’ Rocky quickly stepped out of her grip.
‘Look, I am sorry Rocky but you know how important your friend is to me. I love Gab with my whole heart, he doesn’t seem to realize it now but I am the only woman for him and that is the reason no one should come between us.’ She complained.
‘So why are you here? I thought you wanted us to stop seeing each other.’ Rocky eyed her lustfully.
Simone was blazingly attractive. She was tall and slender with a smooth caramel complexion. She had full big boobs that stood out; her face was long and angular and her eyes were smoky brown and seductive.
It was a pity that she didn’t know her worth, just like the rest of the women that had slept with him, hoping to secure a safe place in Gabriel’s heart by doing so.
‘I need information, Gabriel’s attraction towards me is waning; I need to know if he has another woman gaining his attention. I need your help Rocky, for that, I am willing to do anything.’ Her slender fingernails released the buttons of the short peplum dress that she wore. Slowly, each button flashed a piece of her smooth skin till the whole dress cascaded to the floor and she was left standing in nothing but a pink G-string.

‘Anyhow you want it, on the floor...right here or you could even go behind.’ She moved closer towards him and grabbed his rod.
Rocky drew in a sharp breath as her hands touched the sensitive part of his body.
‘Lila Welsh is the Chief Executive officer of Wilavega, that’s all I can tell you.’
Before she could ask another question, he bent her over and ran his hands on her naked flesh.
‘Wait...one more.’ Simone tried to ask more, but it was too late, Rocky had already freed his belt which had his member standing out.
‘No more questions.’ He spread her legs apart and began to thrust madly into her.

She had taken a cool and refreshing shower after returning from the gym; she felt more relaxed as her mind was now focused on other things. Lila was happy that her friend had left for the kitchen, now she could have some “alone” time.
She carefully pulled open her purse and took out the note she had gotten from the gym.
‘Where could it be?’ she rose to her feet and began to search frantically for the complimentary card that Sade had shown her earlier in the morning.
She had a strong feeling that Gabriel Smith, the billionaire player was behind the note she’d gotten at the gym; but how come she had not seen him?
‘He thinks he is smart.’ Her lips curved as she smiled.
She was no player, but she knew how their minds worked. She knew that her refusal to call him, to cower before his brutal handsomeness had increased his curiosity about her.
Men like Gabriel Smith were spoilt and pampered, they were used to having everything they desired, but Lila Welsh determined in her heart that she was never going to fall for a man like that.
She admitted a little attraction for him, but she attributed that to his physical looks, nothing more about him appealed to her.
Tired of searching, she swore under her breath and made for the huge bed, she was about climbing into it when the door flew wide open.
‘Are you okay?’ Sade noticed the frown on Lila’s face, she could tell Lila had been looking for something.
‘Um...yes I am.’ Lila replied, she didn’t want to tell Sade a thing about Gabriel, she knew how melodramatic her friend could be at times.
If she told Sade about the night of the Charity Ball, Sade would start plotting ideas and cooking up theories, which would be followed by a wedding plan.
‘Typical of Nigerian girls.’ Lila rolled her eyes.
‘If you are okay, why are you rolling your eyes, hm?’ Sade stood hands akimbo and eyed her friend steadily, with heavy suspicion.
‘I am fine Sade, is food ready?’ Lila asked eagerly, trying to switch the topic of the conversation.
‘Yes, but Eva is here to see you.’ Sade announced the presence of Lila’s lawyer.
‘Okay.’ Lila took a deep breath, all other thoughts that had distracted her from the situation of things at Wilavega made way for more pressing thoughts.
‘You’re being too hard on yourself Lila, let’s hear from Eva first.’ Sade could see how worried her friend was.
Lila said nothing, she prepared herself for the worst; whatever was going to happen would not discourage her, she swore this in her heart.
The dark haired brown skinned woman wore a trouser suit and sipped from the coffee mug she’d been offered. She had come for business, she knew what she was about to share with her client was tough, so she had come prepared and with solutions.
‘Eva...’ Lila acknowledged her as she stepped into the living room.
‘Lila, how do you do?’ Eva ran her eyes briefly over her client, she could see the fear in Lila’s eyes.
‘Just cut this short, get on with the bad news. Tell me how bad this situation is and the way out of it.’ Lila cut in impatiently. She knew all wasn’t well with her company, there was no need of being nice about it.
‘I’ll be in the kitchen if you need me.’ Sade announced.
‘I need you here.’ Lila pointed at an empty chair next to her.
Eva watched the two ladies for a few seconds before opening her briefcase. She hoped Lila Welsh was as tough as she looked and as people said, because the news she was about to share was far from good.
‘Your father took a loan from his best friend, Chief Babalola, the loan was to be paid five years after his death and with 50% interest. The banks already started their deduction few months back. Here are the documents.’ Eva took out a paper and offered it to Lila.
This all sounded like a joke, her eyes searched the document with confusion.
‘How can this be? This is not possible, my father would never agree to this stupid loan and its terms. The interest is 50%, how could he borrow two billion Naira? I don’t understand; and why did he agree to pay such a heavy interest? What the hell was he thinking?’ Lila tossed the paper on the floor and rose to her feet.
This was not real, maybe she was dreaming.
‘Take a closer look at that paper Lila, your father’s signature is there. Your father told me a lot of things about himself, things that he meant to shield you from. He didn’t have much time as the doctors had told him, so he had worked hard to put everything in place before his death.’ Eva felt sorry for Lila.
‘What are you talking about?’ Lila scoffed.
‘He had cancer Lila.’ Eva blurted out.
‘Oh my God, this is crazy.’ Lila returned to her chair.
She clasped her hands together to stop them from shaking; how could her father keep something so serious from her?
‘He loved you Lila, even more than himself, everything he did, he did for you.’ Eva tried to console her.
‘That is a stupid lie, I could forgive him for borrowing such a huge sum of money but why hide his cancer from me? This shows that I meant nothing to him.’ Lila bit her lip as a river of tears sprang up in her eyes.
‘Come on Lila, you know that’s a lie. Your father loved you and he thought he did what was best. Let’s live the cancer aside, let’s talk about the debts and how we could clear them.’ Eva took out another paper from the briefcase, the one she had itemized the possible solutions.
‘Why did he even take a loan in the first place? Last I checked, Wilavega was doing well even before his demise.’
‘Lila, that’s another thing your father kept from you; Wilavega’s sales had dwindled for a long period of time; that was the reason your father took a loan from his friend, Chief Babalola, he had no other person to run to. If he went to the bank, a lot of people would’ve known about the problem and that would’ve compounded the situation of things.’ Eva carefully explained.
‘This is a mess, we are in a mess. How do we pay off two billion when we do not even have up to that in our account?’ Lila was overwhelmed by this news, she was lost on what to do?
How would she solve this problem?
‘There are two options, you could sell off your valuables or your father’s assets, landed properties inclusive or you could talk to Chief Babalola and beg him to give you more time. He was your father’s friend and I don’t think his heart would be hardened towards you.’ Eva read from the paper.
‘This is bad, this is really bad.’ Not able to sit one place, she began to pace the room. Different ideas presented themselves in her head but none was as realistic as Eva’s suggestion.

‘If we sell the cars and all other assets, it wouldn’t add up to a billion. This will never work! This is outrageous.’ Lila screamed.
‘Calm down Lila, you need to stay calm in the face of troubled waters.’ Sade quickly rushed to her side.
‘Lila, I understand that you need to react, but we don’t have much time before Chief Babalola’s lawyers come to us. You need to fix this. It’s either you sell the properties including...’ Eva licked her lips, not able to complete the words as Lila glared at her.
‘Including what?’ Lila asked.
‘Wilavega.’ Eva Benson rose to her feet, knowing that her visit would soon come to an end.
‘You lie, I will not do such a thing. I will never give up what rightfully belongs to me.’ A tear ran down Lila’s face.
‘Then you have to see Chief Babalola.’ Eva began to pack her files back into the briefcase.
‘How much time do I have?’ Lila’s voice was croaky, fear had gripped her so strongly.
‘Seven days, ten days tops.’ Her lawyer replied.
‘And you are just telling me now? Bleep.’ Lila felt this was a conspiracy to ruin her and destroy her father’s legacy.
‘I am sorry Lila, but you need to find a way out this, I trust you.’ Eva gripped her briefcase strongly and walked towards the door without looking back.
This was the first time she had cried after her father’s death; she couldn’t believe this was really happening. She was left with two poor options, she knew deep down that if she didn’t find a way through this, then Wilavega would be gone.
‘Talk to me Sade, what am I going to do? I am so lost.’ Lila was distraught, she had never felt this vexed, this frustrated.
‘Calm down Lila, we are in this together, you and me.’ Sade knew what it meant to lose everything overnight, her parents had lost their supermarket to a fire and that had been the starting point of their marital problems.
‘Even if I sell all my jewelleries, they wouldn’t add up to a billion...’ Lila did a mental note of the valuables that she could sell.
‘What if we kill the same bird with two stones?’ Sade raised a brow.
‘I don’t understand.’ Lila was eager to hear Sade’s strategy.

3 Likes

Re: The Inheritance(a Thrilling Romance Story)by Rose Akpabio by steph270(f): 2:46am On Sep 01, 2018
mhen this is interesting keep up the good work.
Re: The Inheritance(a Thrilling Romance Story)by Rose Akpabio by Ann2012(f): 12:03pm On Sep 01, 2018
I feel for Lila, she's sooo confused sad

Thanks for the update ma'am
Re: The Inheritance(a Thrilling Romance Story)by Rose Akpabio by afolabiwunmi: 4:29pm On Sep 01, 2018
Weldon ma'am
Re: The Inheritance(a Thrilling Romance Story)by Rose Akpabio by Enny2013(f): 4:56pm On Sep 01, 2018
cud dis really b a conspiracy as Lila thought?...
Re: The Inheritance(a Thrilling Romance Story)by Rose Akpabio by Enny2013(f): 9:23am On Sep 07, 2018
I Luv ds story gan ni...pls update nah

1 Like

Re: The Inheritance(a Thrilling Romance Story)by Rose Akpabio by henrieternal2016(m): 10:03pm On Sep 07, 2018
how can u start a new story when u have not finished one- u first loved me.? all the efforts used to craft this new one would have been used to finish u first loved me........that would make u a bette writer with chararcter.......... but now, i dont even know if i should start this or wait till i finish u first loved me

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Inheritance(a Thrilling Romance Story)by Rose Akpabio by Enny2013(f): 4:13pm On Sep 08, 2018
henrieternal2016:
how can u start a new story when u have not finished one- u first loved me.? all the efforts used to craft this new one would have been used to finish u first loved me........that would make u a bette writer with chararcter.......... but now, i dont even know if i should start this or wait till i finish u first loved me

really.. oh gosh
Re: The Inheritance(a Thrilling Romance Story)by Rose Akpabio by Enny2013(f): 6:32pm On Sep 09, 2018
No update yet..OK..I shall always check fr update den
Re: The Inheritance(a Thrilling Romance Story)by Rose Akpabio by Angelsss(f): 10:42pm On Sep 11, 2018
The next day was a very hectic one for Lila and her best friend Sade; Lila had come up with a list of things that she could sell which would raise more than a hundred million naira.
‘I feel really discouraged, even if I get to keep Wilavega finally, I would lose all my workers...what is a workplace without the employees?’ Lila took a deep breath while her fingers drummed her glass table.
‘Lila...you need to stay positive, I never said this was an easy task.’ Sade said to her.
‘If we can get even half of the debt, we will beg this Chief and strike a deal with him. If he agrees, we will pay him 70% of Wilavega’s monthly profits till the debt is cleared. How does that sound?’ Sade was confident that this was the perfect plan.
‘It sounds cool...but I’ Lila gave up.
‘But what? Have you met this Chief Babalola before? What is he like?’ Sade asked.
Lila cleared her throat, her heart pounded faster against her chest as she remembered that night she had seen Gabriel Smith at the Charity Ball.
‘Lila?’ Sade noticed the forlorn look on her friend’s face.
‘Yes, yes. I have met the old man before, he seemed nice and friendly, he even wanted me to marry his son.’ Lila chuckled as she remembered the night.
‘Then we have no problem, he strikes me as a soft hearted person who would listen to us.’ Sade relaxed herself with a deep breath.
‘Okay then, you should go see Eva, she should be aware of this plan.’ Lila said to Sade.
‘Okay then, I’ll be back in an hour. Take care of yourself.’ She blew Lila a kiss and started towards the door, but halted when a knock came.
‘It must be Edna, let her in.’ Lila thought her secretary had brought her files to work on.
She rose to her feet and fetched a wine glass and a brandy, she rarely drank but on days as this, she needed it to survive.
‘I could really use this now’ she muttered, then poured the dark brown liquid into a glass.
She noticed Sade was still standing, it seemed she had seen a ghost.
‘Are you okay Sade?’ Lila dropped the glass and trotted towards the door.
‘How do you expect me to be okay? I am not okay! I am star struck!’ Sade replied.
Gabriel Smith had already started to execute the first point of his “conquering Lila Welsh” agenda. He stood right before her in his full glory; he was dressed simply in a brown trouser and a deep orange shirt which complimented his mahogany complexion with a pair of deep brown Italian shoes.
His hair had been cut low and brushed neatly; his beards were neatly trimmed; his male but very alluring scent hung in the atmosphere. His eyes were dark and daring, they issued Lila a challenge. His face was well defined and so were his jawbones.
‘Gabriel Smith? I can’t believe I am seeing you in person.’ Sade couldn’t believe her eyes.
‘Hello pretty one, how are you?’ Gabriel was used to this sort of reaction, so he played along.
‘You are the cutest man that I have ever seen, can we take a selfie?’ Sade didn’t waste time taking out her phone.
‘Shit.’ Lila rolled her eyes as she watched them both.
She hated his guts, his face, everything about him. He was too attractive for his own good, an inner war arose inside of her as she caught a glimpse of his face in sunlight for the first time. He was even more handsome than she had imagined, truly, the night was a hider of beauty.
‘I will be back Gabriel, see you later.’ Sade waved gladly and hurried out of the office, she couldn’t wait to ask Lila a ton of questions about the visit of the youngest billionaire in Nigerian history.
‘Good afternoon Ms Welsh.’ Gabriel finally looked up, he loved what he saw.
She was simply dressed in a short but body clinging black gown which dropped on her eloquent knees. He loved the swell of her boobs and the sweep of her large hips which would soon be his in no time.
She wore no make-up, she even looked better without it. Her clear water eyes were bluer in daylight and they seemed innocent.
‘What do you want?’ Lila snapped at him, she was even amazed at her own self. She had no right to be rude to a total stranger. Though, she had heard many stories about him, that was not enough reason to be that rude.
She felt bad for her actions, but she refused to offer him the needed apology.
Gabriel lifted a brow as he stared at her, he never knew she was rude as well.
‘So you do remember me as well?’ Gabriel laughed.
She was irritated with the confident way he carried himself, who did he think he was anyway?
‘Look, I don’t know who you are and why you keep sending me creepy notes, a wine glass and a bottle of Wilavega; just stay the hell away from me.’ Lila fired.
‘Really? That’s really proud of someone who needs help.’ Gabriel bit his lower lip, this act had affected a lot of women he had met, he watched her face closely, to see if she would also be swayed by it.
Lila shifted uncomfortably, she swallowed as she watched him play with his lush and seducing lips. This man seemed different from the other men she had been with, this was the first man to ever hold her attention for more than ten minutes.
She reminded herself that he was a player and she needed to be careful.
‘What’s that supposed to mean?’ she fired at him.
‘A little bird told me...that Wilavega has been living in her past glories...’ Gabriel paused and ran his eyes over her office, though still at the entrance.
‘You’re talking shit, why don’t you start by introducing your miserable self?’ Lila could take any other insult, but she swore to defend Wilavega even to the death of her.
She was arrogant, he decided. He hated arrogant women, he loved them submissive, like sheep to the slaughter.
However, Lila Welsh was wired differently and he was even liking her the more.
‘Wilavega has nothing to offer the world anymore. You may think you are all safe in this little castle of yours, but the business world knows who is in charge. I say you should sell your company to me at a price, it’s better than deceiving yourself.’ Gabriel continued.
Blood rose to her face as she stared at him, her blue eyes flamed as he hurled insults, not just to her but her family name.
‘I don’t know who you think you are Gabriel Smith...’ she mocked his name , then moved towards the table where she had dropped her drink, she really needed it now to calm her nerves.
‘But I will teach you a lesson, one you will never forget.’ She returned closer to him and then spilled the contents of the glass on his face.
Gabriel said nothing; he tried to contain the anger that welled up inside of him. Lila was the rudest woman he had ever come across and he was going to teach her a lesson.
He would make her crawl on her knees; he would make her pay for this humiliation.
‘Now get the hell out.’ She pushed him away and shut the door to his face.
She found it hard to compose herself even after his leaving, her heart was pounding really fast, the beating was of an uneven rhythm; blood pumped in her ears as she thought of what had just transpired between her and the famous billionaire player.
‘Bleep him.’ she slammed her fists on the glass table.
She had never felt so humiliated and embarrassed; how on earth had he gotten wind of the things that were happening to Wilavega. Only Eva and Nonso knew about it, she had thought the company was safe that way; but now that Gabriel Smith knew about it, it meant that other business moguls were aware and that was not a good thing.
Wilavega was her pride, it was her name and if other people saw her as weak, then things would really escalate negatively. The workers would be nervous, that was certain when one’s job was discovered to be insecure. She would be the point of discussion in business circles, magazines and television channels.
“The downfall of Lila Welsh” she imagined what the headline would be like.
‘No.’ She shook her head, sweat broke out on her forehead as she thought about all these possibilities.
She needed to do something, she couldn’t just fold her arms and watch things crumble. She was ruthless when it came to business and she was ready to do anything to save Wilavega, even to beg. But there was this one thing she could never do; even if there was no one left to help her, she would never accept Gabriel Smith’s help.
She hated the confidence he exuded and the mischievous glint in his eyes. She was no damsel in distress and she sure as hell didn’t need his saving.
The door gently swung open and a glum faced Sade walked in looking exhausted.
‘What happened?’ Lila licked her lips, wondering what had gone wrong.
‘Nothing, just traffic. I gave Eva all the files and I told her of our plans to.’ Sade pulled a chair and sank into it.
‘Good, time is a luxury we cannot afford now.’ Lila pulled the glass close to her, her hands were shaking as she raised the bottle of brandy.
Sade could see that her best friend was tensed about something, she had never seen Lila this way.
Her blue eyes were a flaming sea; her brows were bushy and taut and so were the muscles of her jaw.
‘Who got you upset?’ Sade guessed it was definitely her clumsy secretary. She had hurried back from Eva’s office so she could get some gist about the billionaire that had visited.
‘Never mind, I’ll be fine.’ Lila emptied the hot drink into her mouth, it burned her tender lips slightly but she loved the warmth that spread all over her body, she felt better.
‘Never mind? You’re my best friend and I need to know what’s up with you.’ Sade shook her head, she hated it whenever Lila blocked her out.
‘Okay, okay.’ Lila raised her hands up, knowing how pushy Sade could be at times.
She took a deep breath and told her about Gabriel and how he’d humiliated her by offering to help Wilavega out of her current state.
‘I never asked him for help, I know it’s that Nonso that must have told everyone about what’s going on. Eva, my lawyer would never do something like that, I trust her in all things.’ Lila was still upset about Gabriel’s visit.
He had appeared so elegant, so sharp. No man had ever affected that way, even now, his dark and broody eyes still flashed in her mind, even his sexy lips. She couldn’t help but wonder what it will feel like to be kissed.
‘Caution Lila! He is a bastard.’ She fought with the thoughts that found roots in her mind.
Sade was flabbergasted that her friend would misinterpret such a generous offer.
‘I don’t want to believe a word of what you have just told me.’ Sade rose to her feet, she moved towards the window so she could have a taste of fresh air.
‘Have I said anything wrong?’ Lila had expected Sade to take her side on this matter.

‘Gabriel Smith is the most powerful business man in Nigeria, and he came all the way to offer you help and you thought it humiliation? Let us not get bothered about the means he got the information, what’s important is that he offered to help Lila.’ Sade bit her lip and closed her eyes, it seemed Lila didn’t understand the situation of things.
‘I don’t need help from someone like that, we both know he is an unrepentant whoremonger, I am not willing to sleep with him because that’s what he would want in return.’ Lila snapped angrily at her.
Sade scoffed, ‘What makes you think that was on his mind? He is a business man like you Lila, he saw an opportunity to work with Wilavega! He saw an opportunity, even if he wants to help and get something in return, you are smarter than that. I know you Lila, you are smart.’ Sade moved to where she sat and rubbed her shoulders.
Lila pushed her hands away and stood up, ‘I don’t need his help. I can do this on my own, I don’t need anybody’s help.’
‘You have a proud heart my friend and proud people don’t go far. You must accept that you have a problem and you need help, Wilavega was not built by your father alone, he had people to help him. Why not follow his footsteps?’ Sade asked.
‘I am Lila Welsh, I will make my own footprints.’ She replied.
She had a plan, just as Eva suggested. She would pay her father’s friend, Chief Babalola a visit, she would make him a deal he wouldn’t refuse, she hoped it worked out.
‘I want us to see Chief Babalola, we’ll go in my private jet to Nigeria, first things tomorrow morning.’ Lila announced.
‘Okay.’ Sade murmured, not in a mood to trade words with her friend.
She knew Lila was afraid, deep down she was scared of what will happen should Wilavega crumble, she was only pretending to be strong. Sade knew her fears, she also knew her worries.
‘He is really handsome though.’ Sade smiled as she went through the pictures she had taken with Gabriel.
‘Who?’ Lila knew whom she was referring to, but she played ignorant.
‘Gabriel of course, any woman that does not look at him twice has a problem.’ Sade winked.
‘I am one of such women and I don’t have a problem.’ Lila hissed loudly.
‘Whatever.’ Sade chose to ignore her.

3 Likes

Re: The Inheritance(a Thrilling Romance Story)by Rose Akpabio by Angelsss(f): 10:43pm On Sep 11, 2018
‘You need to calm down Gab. You know women behave at times.’ Rocky sipped his wine coolly as he watched his friend pacing back and forth in the well air conditioned office.
Gabriel had left his work and taken a short trip to Gertrude, but he had not told his friend what he’d gone there to do. His return surprised Rocky, not only was Gabriel fuming, he was muttering all the curse words any dictionary could contain.
Rocky had never seen his friend in this state, he was enraged; his dark eyes bulged out and his voice was a pitch deeper than what it was.
‘I have never seen someone like her, she had the guts to spill a drink on me.’ Gabriel had never felt so humiliated.
‘Maybe you were sort of rude to her, we both know you don’t have the perfect mouth.’ Rocky murmured, careful not to get his friend angrier.
‘Rude? I was really nice Rocky. I swear it.’ Gabriel took a deep breath and dropped himself into a swivel chair next to his table.
Lila Welsh had proved herself different from all the women he had worked with or slept with in the past. He was dynamite in his own world, but she had proved to be a grenade. People feared him, they cowered and fell to their feet whenever he passed by. Women were ready to do anything just to please him, they were caught in the spell of his beauty, but Lila Welsh seemed to be immune to his charms.
‘Then she is a real ass.’ Rocky concluded.
It didn’t matter if his friend had other reasons for helping her out, what mattered was that he had offered to help. She could’ve just taken this help without hurting his pride or humiliating him.
‘I had to hide my face in shame, imagine walking into Wilavega with a clean shirt and leaving with stains.’ Gabriel chuckled as he went over the incident.
‘And I am happy that you can laugh about it.’ Rocky winked.
‘It’s funny and it’s not funny.’ Gabriel replied.
He had always been interested in taking Lila to his bed, but he didn’t know she could react that violently. This surprised and intrigued him as well, it fuelled his interest for her and he swore under his breath to subdue her and make her beg for his love.
‘I will get her Rocky, I will get her no matter what.’ He drummed his vow on the table.
‘How are you going to do that? She wants nothing to do with you.’ Rocky had to remind him of that part.
‘I know women like Lila, she thing she has everything, owns everything; she thinks herself strong and resistant to my charms. Simone had been that way at first, but she is all over me like butter.’ Gabriel said this with a sense of pride as he basked in the past glories of the women he had taken to his bed.

‘You cannot compare that noodle brained lady with Lila, they are of two different classes. Lila Welsh has dignity, Simone dignity.’ Rocky closed his eyes as he remembered how he’d sex with her some days back.
‘You slept with her again?’ Gabriel raised a brow.
‘Yap.’ Rocky nodded.
‘She is suspicious your interests are somewhere else. I told her a little about Lila, is that okay?’ Rocky asked.
‘Cool, just don’t tell her more. Sometimes Simone appears to me as someone with emotional issues. She is too sensitive and clingy.’ Gabriel advised.
Rocky was his best friend and they hid nothing from each other. Simone had first offered Rocky her body to get information about his whereabouts one time. Rocky had called and told him all about it, he had been appalled by her cheap offer, that was the day he lost his respect for Simone.
Though he flaunted her as his main girlfriend, she was unworthy of that accolade; soon he would drop her and pick someone more suiting, Lila Welsh.
He was only with Simone for two reasons, she came from a very wealthy home and she was good in bed.
‘Is there something you’re not telling me about her?’ Rocky was a bit scared.
‘She is not psycho, stay calm.’ Gabriel laughed.
‘I hope so.’ Rocky returned.
‘I already made plans on how I will get Miss C.E.O into my bed; there is just something about Lila, right from the first night I set eyes on her on that Charity Ball occasion, I couldn’t stop thinking about her.’ Gabriel confessed.
‘Then you are in love brother...’ Rocky teased him.
‘Love? That’s surreal, it’s not something for me.’ Gabriel shook his head immediately.
‘So what will you call that, magic?’ Rocky kept on with the teasing.
‘Can you just stop? Lila will fall for me, she has no choice, especially when I’ll become the only option that she has.’ Gabriel rubbed his palms together.
He always had a plan B whenever he was in the battlefield; He knew Lila Welsh was a powerful business woman, but he was five steps away from her.
‘Here...with the information I have gotten, it has started.’ Gabriel moved to the cellar in his office and fetched a black bottle of a wine made out of black currant extract.
He dusted the bottle with his palms slightly and dropped it before Rocky.
‘Wilalila...’ Rocky read the name of the wine aloud.
He raised a brow and stared at his friend, ‘what are you up to?’

‘I did a research Rocky; there are other products competing with Wilavega and that is the reason her sales are crumbling. I got in touch with some Italian wine producing companies and we came up with this...’ he pointed at the bottle.
‘I still don’t get your point.’ Rocky didn’t like the glint of mischief that danced in his friend’s eyes.
‘I am going to market this under Flames brand, when her empire finally crushes apart, I will have all her workers and she will come to me on her knees.’ He explained what he had planned for Lila.
‘That is cruel, but it seems it would be effective.’ Rocky said, not too comfortable with the sound of the plan.
‘That’s the point. I want Lila to depend on me, I want her to see me as her source, her messiah.’ He smiled and caressed the bottle. He couldn’t wait to launch it in the market, people knew how effective and quality Flames products were, they will immediately rush to get his wine brand.
‘She could sue you for using a similar name, Wilalila sounds so much like Wilavega.’ Rocky pointed out a flaw in his plan.

‘I got that covered, I have Lila right where I want her to be...’ he had not completed his sentence when the door flew open and his secretary walked in.
‘What can I do for you Ms Okeke?’ Gabriel frowned, he had given her instructions not to be disturbed.
‘There’s a woman here to see you, she says she has an appointment, her name is Eva Benson.’
‘Oh, finally, let her in.’ Gabriel hurriedly returned the Wilalila wine bottle to the cellar.
Eva Benson was a pragmatic woman, she knew what she was about doing was wrong; against the ethics of her profession but how many women could refuse Gabriel Smith and go scot free?
There was no release when one came in touch with the man. He either imprisoned one with his handsome looks or bought one over with his money.
‘Rocky is my friend, I trust him.’ Gabriel could see that she was uncomfortable with another person in the room.
‘Alright, let’s get to business, why did you contact me?’ Eva took a deep breath.
Gabriel had sent her a message through her email some days back, most people knew she was Lila’s lawyer. She was surprised by the tone of his text, as he had been very authoritative and demanding, he also made her an offer.
‘Why did you come?’ Gabriel also asked.
Eva smiled, ‘you strike me as a very stubborn and persistent person. What makes you think I will snitch on Lila Welsh? What makes you think I will work with you?’
‘I don’t know...you tell me.’ Gabriel leaned back and folded his arms across his chest. Eva thought she was smart, she was trying to make herself look better by making him look like the devil.
There was quiet in the room as Eva struggled to answer his question, he had put her on a very bad spot.
‘Let me tell you this, you have a connection, a sort of bond with Lila Welsh; this is only because you have worked with her for many years. I know how blunt and rude Lila is and I guess you have suffered her verbal brutality at least once. I am offering you what Lila Welsh would never offer, nine hundred million Naira is a lot of money. I know about your sick husband...’

‘How?’ Eva Benson was shocked, how had he gotten such a personal information?
‘Don’t ask me that, but I know his medical condition requires a lot of money and that is what I am offering.’ Gabriel was ready to do business with her.
‘In exchange for what?’ Eva swallowed.
‘Your loyalty.’ Gabriel replied.
Eva sniggered not believing a word of his, ‘loyalty? You don’t buy loyalty with money, it is earned.’
‘Then you are not as smart as I thought. Wilavega is knee deep in debts, the products are no longer received. This is your opportunity to walk out now everything has not crashed. If you love your husband, you’ll do what is right.’
Eva had known Lila for long, but her husband’s life was more precious to her.
‘I am so sorry.’ She muttered and closed her eyes.
‘I promise no one would know you are working for me, just agree to this.’ Gabriel could see she was scared.
Eva nodded her head, in life one had to make sacrifices, she knew this betrayal was a sacrifice to save her husband.
‘I will work with you...’ Eva voiced out her decision.
‘I need you to tell me everything about Lila’s moves, her business plans, just tell me everything.’ Gabriel was eager to know her plans so he could ruin them.
‘How do I trust that you will keep to your part of the bargain? And why are you so interested in Lila?’
‘Ask around, I always keep to my words. I am a gentle man. As for Lila, we have a personal problem, this is my little way of revenging.’ He replied.
She watched his face closely to see any trace of dishonesty, but she found none, she decided she could trust him.
‘What do you want to know?’ Eva asked.
‘First, her plans on how to settle the loan her father got from mine.’ Gabriel’s eyes glowed darkly. For some reason, he had a feeling Lila didn’t know his father was Chief Babalola.
He knew her father had taken a huge sum of money from his dad, whatever business decision Chief Babalola had taken, had always involved him.
‘What are you talking about? Who is your father?’ Eva wondered.
‘Chief Babalola.’ Gabriel replied. Most people didn’t know that, his father was popularly addressed with his first name, while he was addressed with his two names which were both English.

‘She plans to see him tomorrow...’ the words flew out of her mouth.

3 Likes

Re: The Inheritance(a Thrilling Romance Story)by Rose Akpabio by Angelsss(f): 10:46pm On Sep 11, 2018
Good evening Angels, please if you really enjoyed this story, pay a visit to www.davinadiaries.com for more of my lovely stories and other interesting stuff.
www.Davinadiaries.com.
Re: The Inheritance(a Thrilling Romance Story)by Rose Akpabio by Ann2012(f): 10:52am On Sep 12, 2018
Thanks for the update ma'am
Re: The Inheritance(a Thrilling Romance Story)by Rose Akpabio by steph270(f): 8:36pm On Sep 12, 2018
I love this story. Hope it gets completed
Re: The Inheritance(a Thrilling Romance Story)by Rose Akpabio by PrudySara(f): 11:23am On Sep 13, 2018
Wow!!
I'm loving this
Re: The Inheritance(a Thrilling Romance Story)by Rose Akpabio by Nobody: 12:12pm On Sep 13, 2018
interesting... Thumbs up @Angelss
Re: The Inheritance(a Thrilling Romance Story)by Rose Akpabio by boosiryormi(f): 9:37am On Sep 14, 2018
Angeless u are wonderful and this is a beautiful write up. Let it continue. I dey 4 your back like eczema.
Re: The Inheritance(a Thrilling Romance Story)by Rose Akpabio by aprilwise(m): 3:28pm On Sep 14, 2018
Angeles's stories are master Class. Hope u will complete this story.
Re: The Inheritance(a Thrilling Romance Story)by Rose Akpabio by Angelsss(f): 10:55pm On Sep 21, 2018
The feeling of floating in the sky was wonderful, she stared at the lovely mountains whose head were swallowed by the immaculate waves of the morning fog; dense vegetation surrounded the area which they flew across, everything was so beautiful out here.
‘I can’t remember the last time I paid a visit to my home country.’ Sade smiled, she was feeling nostalgic.
‘You are a Getrudian now Sade, forget your homeland.’ Lila smiled not able to take her eyes off the natural habitats they flew across. The distance between Getrude and Nigeria was exactly an hour, but it seemed longer for her. She had not slept the night before, she was worried about what her meeting with the chief would be like, especially because she had not informed him of her coming.

‘Worrying would not solve this problem Lila, I told you Gabriel’s offer was better than travelling to see some old man who may not even listen to us.’ Sade spotted the worry in her eyes.
‘Can you just stop mentioning his name?’ Lila was not in the mood to fight with Sade, she just hated the name; Gabriel Smith. Okay, she did not hate him, he made her feel...weak and vulnerable and she hated it. She was Lila Welsh and she loved to be in control of everything.

‘I hope this works out, why do you have so much faith in this man?’ Sade asked.
‘I met him the night of the Charity Ball, he and my dad seemed really close; I think he would help me when he remembers his friendship with my father.’ Lila replied.
Sade scoffed, Lila sounded like a naive little girl who knew nothing about life.
‘What? You don’t agree?’ Lila gazed at her friend who seemed to hold a divergent view concerning the subject being discussed.
‘It’s not like I don’t agree...this is business Lila, personal relations have no meaning when it comes to business. Your father willingly got a loan from this man, we don’t know the reason he got so much money and what his intent for it was. The point is, your father took a loan and promised to pay with fifty percent interest after five years, it was already signed, there is no going back Lila.’ Sade hoped Lila could see the true situation of things.
Fire vanished from her eyes, they grew smaller and pale as tears sprang up, her friends was right. Humans were also unpredictable; Sade had a point, what if the chief turned his back on her?
‘It is better to try than to assume it wouldn’t work out.’ Lila rounded off the discussion with this and a loud yawn, she was a bit tired and she needed to get some rest.
‘Sleep well angel.’ Sade sighed as she watched her friend sleep.
She felt so sad for Lila. All her life she had been groomed as a queen, she had eaten with a silver spoon and drank from golden cups right from childhood. Sade felt horrible as she imagined what would happen to Lila should she lose Wilavega.
She took out her phone, then flipped through the pictures of Gabriel Smith, who seemed to be the only feasible solution to this problem.
‘What if I ask him for help?’ Sade contemplated this in her heart.
She wanted the best for Lila; she wanted her to be happy. Lila had worked so hard, she had put in so much effort for Wilavega and she deserved to be happy.
She shook her head and decided against it, if she asked Gabriel’s help without Lila’s approval, it may cost her friendship with Lila and she didn’t want that. She cherished the relationship that she had with Lila.
Lila’s heart was heavy with pain and sorrow, her mind was blurred with questions and imaginations. No matter how hard she tried to forget it, she just couldn’t, her father had betrayed her, why on earth had he gotten such a huge loan without first consulting her?
She was still fighting with her mind, with the pain that her late father caused her when the song of the gentle dancing plane lured her to sleep, she drifted into the world of fantasy immediately.
This place was different, it was more beautiful than the real world, almost magical. She could live here forever, she could bask in the beauty of the purple lavender field before her; the arrogant faces of flower birds, the welcoming fragrance of roses and the brilliant smile of the sun.
‘Magnificent.’ She ran through the fields, plucking every flower that came in sight.
She was alone in this empty but stunning land, but she felt eyes watching her from somewhere. She licked her lips nervously and turned around, the feeling of being watched grew stronger, she was being trailed, being haunted.
Fear gripped her white throat as she spotted a shadow from under a huge juniper tree that was not too far from there.
‘Is anyone there?’ She called out in a jittery voice.
There was no answer, only the singing of the multi coloured birds whose song came from the joy of the delicious nectar they were feeding from.
She held her breath as she saw him walk towards her.
‘No...no’ she began to run as she shook her head.
Why did he always have to be everywhere? Was he stalking her?
‘You can’t avoid me honey, we are meant to be together!’ The caramel complexioned man trotted towards her.
His eyes were striking, blazing coals of fire. She felt numb in her legs as their eyes met, her heart spiralled as he walked closer to her. She felt helpless; she wished she could get away from him.
‘I told you, we are meant to be together.’ The man whispered and grabbed her hands in his.
‘Why can’t you let me go? Why can’t you forget that night?’ She cried.
‘I don’t know...maybe it’s because your eyes are the rarest blue, or your skin is totally flawless or your hair is so smooth.’ He looked into her eyes, her sea almost drowned him in their beauty.
He moved his face closer to her, about to indulge her in a passionate kiss.
‘Wake up Lila, we are here.’
‘Lila!’
She struggled to wake from such a beautiful sleep but Sade’s screaming of her name brought her back to the world of life.
‘Um, are we there yet?’ Lila smacked her lips, trying to regain composure of herself.
‘Sure, we are there’ Sade pointed at a massive duplex that wasn’t too far from where the helicopter was being parked.

‘Alright, let me freshen up.’ Lila took out a mirror from her bag and a rouge lipstick. Her hands were beginning to shake again as she remembered the dream she’d minutes ago. How come he was in her dreams now? Gabriel Smith was starting to occupy top much space in her mind, he almost kissed her.
‘You seem nervous.’ Sade remarked as both ladies left for the Chief’s house.
‘It’s normal’ Lila replied, ‘But I know we’ll succeed.’
‘I hope so.’ Sade replied in a quiet voice.
‘I am quite sure of this, I want to make the old man and offer that he would not refuse.’ Lila replied.
‘Hm, what sort of offer?’ Sade wished to be a part of this arrangement.
‘If he gives me extra five years to pay off the money, I will give him half of Wilavega and thirty percent of what we will earn monthly.’ Lila replied.

‘Sounds fair but unrealistic, we don’t make money like we used to before.’ Sade reminded her.
‘I know, I just want to buy us more time. If he agrees, we will need to spread out tentacles, I have some friends at the top that could give me some money.’ Lila had it all planned out.
‘Good morning, how may I help you?’
They were stopped at the high gate by a fierce looking Police man.
‘Good morning sir, my name is Lila Welsh and I am here to see Chief Babalola’ Lila took the lead.
‘Hm, you get appointment with am?’ The man settled for pidgin.
Lila was a bit lost, it was Sade that came to her rescue, ‘yes. We get appointment, d man dey around?’
‘Ehn, but who una be?Wey una from come?’ The man asked.
‘Getrude, chief sabi my friend well well.’ Sade gave him little information about the relationship between Lila’s father and the chief.
‘Okay, I remember that Chief Welsh, him daughter fine well well, oyibo pepper.’ The man grinned as he ran his eyes lustfully over Lila who was a bit lost in this conversation.
‘He thinks you are very beautiful.’ Sade gave Lila a pinch on the arm.
‘Thank you.’ Lila smiled kindly at the man.
‘Oya, make una follow me.’ He opened the gate and led them inside.
The man dropped them off at the entrance of the house where a young woman welcomed them.
‘Come this way.’ She guided them through different stairs and hallways.
‘It’s such a big house, they should have an elevator.’ Lila complained as her feet began to hurt.
‘You don’t have to complain, you wanted this.’ Sade replied, still not supportive of the idea of meeting with the chief.
The house was enormous, Lila was in love with the ancient architectural design, it was pleasing to the eyes; it reminded her of her father’s Victorian taste. The fragrance of sandal wood had a strong presence in the house, chandelier lights brought in little beams of glory.
‘Are we not there yet?’ Sade was getting impatient as they ascended another stair case on the lead of the woman.
‘This is the last stair case Madam, I am really sorry about the inconvenience.’ The woman apologized.
Lila felt the time was right for her question, ‘why isn’t there an elevator?’
‘We have elevators, but since the chief fell ill, nothing ever remained the same.’ She replied swiftly, then a frowned crushed her features as she realized she had given out too much information to two women she had never seen before.
Lila’s heart dropped as she heard that. If Chief Babalola were ill, how on earth would she discuss her plans with him?
‘Here is his room, knock twice and wait...’ the woman instructed but started to leave almost immediately.
‘Wait...’ Sade tried to call her back, but she scurried away like a little scared bunny.
Lila took a deep breath and exhaled gently, ‘there’s no turning back now,’ she whispered to herself. Her fingers curled together as determination filled her up, she moved two steps closer to the door, and then, knocked twice.
‘Come in...’
Sade and Lila exchanged glares at the sound of a very familiar voice.
Lila walked in first closely followed by her friend.
The room was small with a huge bed in the centre, there was someone on the bed but he seemed to be sleeping.
‘The chief?’ Sade pointed at the man.
Lila felt like crying as she saw the frail looking man weakly breathing, she wondered just how long he’d taken ill. She rushed towards his side to take a better look at him.
He had lost a lot of weight and his skin was really pale like that of anaemic patient. His hair was totally bald and his face was roughly wrinkled.
Before her eyes, the dreams and hopes she had placed on this man were shattered. She could not discuss any business plan with him now, that would amount to nothing but cruelty; she knew her business was falling apart but she was sensitive to the needs of the sick.
Sade was not happy seeing the old man this way, but her mind was on something else.
‘I wonder who let us into the room...’ she said to Lila who was silently weeping beside Chief Babalola.
‘I don’t know, I don’t care, let’s get out of here.’ Lila rose to her feet, she couldn’t stand the old man. He brought back memories of her father right before he died. With her own eyes, she had witness the gradual fading of his healthy, from good to bad and from bad to worse.
‘Lila!’
A deep male baritone sounded from a hidden corner of the room, still familiar to both ladies.
Sade was the first to turn, she was so excited as she realized Gabriel Smith had been the one to let them in.
‘Gabriel!’
Lila swirled round and found him staring at her with those gorgeous pair of eyes, her heart stopped at the mention of his name.
‘What the hell are you doing here? Are you stalking me now?’ Lila couldn’t explain his presence.
‘Chill Lila, let him explain himself.’ Sade rolled her eyes.
‘My father has been ill for some months now, the doctors can’t seem to do much for his condition, that is why I brought him home...’ Gabriel ignored her question and walked towards the bed.

‘Your father? What are you talking about?’ Lila asked.
‘Chief Babalola Smith is my father, many people don’t know that as I took over Flames in my early twenties and we do not bear the same names.’ He loved that she was interested in what concerned him.
Blood crept to Lila’s cheeks as she realized she had made foolery of herself. She realized she had not carried out enough research on Gabriel Smith, how had she missed out this important point?
If the Chief was his father, then it meant he knew about the loan, this explained why he had showed up in her office the other day to offer him help, before she spilled the brandy on his shirt.
‘Shit.’ She muttered under her breath, not able to look at him.
It didn’t make sense that she had come to beg the father of the son she’d thoroughly disgraced.
‘Wow...what a perfect arrangement.’ Sade smiled, knowing Gabriel would grant them their request because he had offered to help earlier.
‘So what brought you to my humble abode?’ Gabriel was enjoying this moment.
He could see her blush over and over and he relished it. He loved the position where she was right now, she couldn’t even look up. This was ironic, the great Lila Welsh shivering like she’d seen a ghost.
Mockery! He was totally mocking her and the tone of his voice couldn’t mask this.
The waves of her pride danced like that of the sea, she was wrong to spill a drink on him but she would never apologize. Even though she knew her fate dwelt in his hands, she would never cower before him, she would revolt against him, against everything that he stood for.
‘Um...we came...’ Sade started but stopped as Lila cast an angry glance upon her, she got tongue tied immediately.
Gabriel could see her fears fading, was she going to stand up against him? Nobody fought him and survived.
‘I came to tell you that I will pay the loan my father took from yours soon enough!’ Lila raised her head upwards and fired a glance at him.
Her friend’s eyes grew wide as she heard this, what the hell had gotten into Lila?
‘Is that so?’ Gabriel almost chuckled, but he refrained. Her eyes wore a mask of what she truly felt. Something he had said or done had triggered this haughty part of her, laughing would make her feel worse. She was like a peacock spreading her beautiful feathers, he loved the game she was trying to play, he loved her even more because of her pride.
Gabriel Smith was a man who loved challenges, he wasn’t an easily discouraged person and this was the reason he was able to carry the memory of her face for five years.
‘Yes,’ Lila knew she was making a grave mistake, but she had other plans. She needed to speak to Eva, she needed to be advised on how to fix this.

‘Fine, let me give you a date; Pay up the loan with fifty percent interest in Seven days time. If you fail to do so, I will seize everything that belongs to you.’ His voice was cold and warning.
Lila had never felt this afraid, but she mustered courage, ‘I will not fail.’
Sade felt like crying as she realized what was happening, Lila was letting her pride get in the way of Wilavega. Repaying the loan within seven days was a grand impossibility, that could only happen if a miracle took place.
‘I have to go now, you both can see yourselves out the way you came in.’ Gabriel waved at the two ladies before strolling out of the door in his confidence gait.
Lila caught sight of his firm and strong back, she ran a tongue over her lips as she imagined what he would look like naked.
‘No, he is the enemy.’ She shook the thoughts away.
‘What the hell were you thinking Lila?’ Sade hissed angrily.
Lila said nothing, Gabriel was a rare breed; he was the first man to dare her. He had played her all along and she had reacted foolishly, she needed to draw up another plan.
‘We need to leave for Getrude as soon as we can, I need to see Eva and report the situation of things.’ Lila had taken a decision.
Re: The Inheritance(a Thrilling Romance Story)by Rose Akpabio by Angelsss(f): 10:56pm On Sep 21, 2018
A sense of calm enveloped him, he smiled as he watched her leave, she had just walked into his trap and there was no way out of it.
‘How was it?’ Rocky rose to his feet immediately his friend approached the area with the pool.
Gabriel had never felt this accomplished; though he had not reached the finishing line, she was deeply convinced that she would come crawling on her knees. He had wanted to show her mercy, but her foolish pride had blinded her eyes and he had given her seven days to pay back all what her father had borrowed.
Gabriel called to one of his bodyguards, ‘Go to the cellar, pick out a wine bottle with a Wilalila label on it.’
He was going to drink to his victory.
‘I see, you won.’ Rocky answered his question.

He could see a glimmer of triumph in his friend’s eyes, if Gabriel succeeded in conquering Lila Welsh; if he succeeded in taking her to his bed, then he had to be rewarded for being so good at what he did, playing women.
‘Oh yes I won Rocky, the battle line has been drawn and I am confident I will emerge victor.’ Gabriel smiled and got the wine bottle from the guard.
‘What do you plan to do with that?’ Rocky pointed at the bottle.
His laughter was a rumble of sinister joy and mischief, ‘two things,’ he raised two fingers in the air.
Slowly, he worked with the cork and it fell of not before giving a loud sound. Two glasses had already been placed by the housekeeper, so he lavished them with the thick reddish blackness of the Wilalila.
‘Black currant, rum and lots more.’ He raised a glass and handed it to his friend.
Rocky was hesitant, but he took the glass not wanting to ignite Gabriel’s anger.
Gabriel’s glass were already close to his lips, the sweetness of the wine mastered his lips immediately, it clung to his tongue.
‘Perfect...’ he couldn’t stop smiling.
‘What’s your plan Gabriel?’ Rocky asked.
Gabriel was no fool, he knew his friend was not happy with what he was about to do.
‘Sentimental people are weak, we are in a battle field Rocky and you should choose a side.’ Gabriel slammed the glass on the table and looked him straight in the eye.
Rocky couldn’t face him, he quickly looked away.
‘I think you’re going too far...you’ve not told me about what transpired between you two.’ He tried to divert the line of the conversation.
‘I know you feel I am a mean person by inventing my own brand of wine; you must think that my intent is to cripple Wilavega; but it’s far from that. I wanted I and Lila to work together. Her father borrowed a huge sum of money and we both know there’s no way she would be able to repay that, not in the state her company is now...’ he paused and poured himself more wine.
Rocky listened carefully, his friend was like a chameleon, his true purpose could be hidden at times, maybe he actually wanted the best for Lila after all.
‘I went to her office to offer her that and she spilled a drink to my face; she came all the way from Getrude to see me; I knew she had come to see my father, not knowing I was his son. I saw the flicker of surprise in her eyes, when she realized who I truly was, she boldly told me she would pay up.’ Gabriel narrated everything as it had happened.
Rocky was surprised, maybe Lila Welsh was a real ass like his friend had painted her.
He could understand her spilling brandy on his friend, Gabriel had a bad mouth and he could get rude at times, but telling him she would pay up such a huge loan was outrageous.
‘I thought she’d come to beg your father...she must be really proud.’ Rocky shook his head.
‘And arrogant.’ Gabriel added, but he was not pained. He knew how to handle women like Lila Welsh; people that acted tough but usually melted like butter under heat at the end.
‘So don’t judge me Rocky, I gave her seven days to pay up and she agreed. I can’t wait.’ Gabriel chuckled.
Still, Rocky was not convinced this was the right action to take, but he couldn’t step in. He could almost swear that his friend’s attraction for Lila was beyond his desire to take her to bed, it seemed like another level of attraction, like he admired Lila Welsh from a distance, not just because of her beauty, but for something more.

Rocky’s phone vibrated against the glass table, it was Simone and he didn’t want to pick it up. Gabriel was right, she never gave up when she wanted something.
‘Pick it up, tell her more about Lila.’ Gabriel instructed as if reading Rocky’s thoughts.
‘I don’t understand you, you instructed me not to tell her anything about Lila, why the sudden change of mind?’ Rocky lifted his brows.
‘This week is going to be the most important week in Lila Welsh’s life; it is the week that would determine where she would be plunged in the strata of men. Would she poor or rich?
Lila is going to fight hard to stay rich; she would sell her father’s property and everything she owns; she would seek help from other business men; I want her to be tensed up and nervous, that’s the reason I want you to tell Simone more. If Simone shows up at her house, which I am very sure she would, it would make her crazier.’
‘That’s mean Gabriel, do you love Lila?’ Rocky scoffed, he had never seen Gabriel this determined to get a woman.
Gabriel’s brows furrowed, his jaw line became taut, ‘I don’t believe in love. I just want to teach her a lesson; no one dares Gabriel Smith and goes scot free.’
‘Okay, I will do as you have said boss.’ Rocky rolled his eyes and took up the phone.
He redialled Simone, she instantly picked up, ‘Hello darling, where are you?’
Re: The Inheritance(a Thrilling Romance Story)by Rose Akpabio by HisSexcellency(m): 11:26pm On Sep 21, 2018
Check my signature tongue
Re: The Inheritance(a Thrilling Romance Story)by Rose Akpabio by iloezumanulika: 12:55am On Sep 22, 2018
wow,this is getting interesting,ride on
Re: The Inheritance(a Thrilling Romance Story)by Rose Akpabio by Nobody: 5:52am On Sep 22, 2018
Nna ehn this is getting hot! But am I the only one that thinks this story sounds like Genevieve's Lionheart?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Is Your Best Novelist? / ...Puns to get your brain juices flowing........(photos) / A Letter To My Son's Teacher

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 344
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.