Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:23 PM

I Don’t Need Money To Beat Atiku, Others For PDP Ticket – Makarfi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Don’t Need Money To Beat Atiku, Others For PDP Ticket – Makarfi (9231 Views)

I’ll Beat Atiku, Tinubu Landslide, Kola Abiola Boasts / Buhari To Tribunal: I Beat Atiku In His Polling Unit / APC Sets Up Team For Buhari To “beat” Atiku In Adamawa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Don’t Need Money To Beat Atiku, Others For PDP Ticket – Makarfi by kennypoju04: 9:56am On Aug 27, 2018
We are watching...

Let see the magic that will happen

2019 indeed loading,with a lot of events to unfolds....

Check below to get your rmb cheaper
Re: I Don’t Need Money To Beat Atiku, Others For PDP Ticket – Makarfi by baysol: 10:14am On Aug 27, 2018
homotayo11:
Mr makarfi Money and politics work hand in hand.
A typical Nigerian citizen with no direction for the future, how disappointing. Out of all the Northern mofos parading themselves as presidential candidate including the incumbent president, the only person in my opinion with credibility so far is Makarfi and let his activities and body language the past 3 years speak for this man. Nigerians must give this man a chance to change the direction of things as it were. This status quo must change for at list one term to redirect the nation for growth and development.
Re: I Don’t Need Money To Beat Atiku, Others For PDP Ticket – Makarfi by Ikpongiton: 10:25am On Aug 27, 2018
pls allow the boko haram kingpin to complete his two terms so that another region can come and continue with the jamboree,or another version of tribalism
Re: I Don’t Need Money To Beat Atiku, Others For PDP Ticket – Makarfi by ikaboy: 10:33am On Aug 27, 2018
even ur man Tonyebarcanista abandon u cos of money for oil money
Re: I Don’t Need Money To Beat Atiku, Others For PDP Ticket – Makarfi by jaxxy(m): 10:39am On Aug 27, 2018
orisa37:
He is right.

He may be right bt does he have other requirements to make up for that or he thinks he’s the only person that never left the party before or loyalty to the party is the only criteria. He shud become party chairman then.
Re: I Don’t Need Money To Beat Atiku, Others For PDP Ticket – Makarfi by homotayo11(m): 10:49am On Aug 27, 2018
baysol:

A typical Nigerian citizen with no direction for the future, how disappointing. Out of all the Northern mofos parading themselves as presidential candidate including the incumbent president, the only person in my opinion with credibility so far is Makarfi and let his activities and body language the past 3 years speak for this man. Nigerians must give this man a chance to change the direction of things as it were. This status quo must change for at list one term to redirect the nation for growth and development.

All these politicians are the same. You just trying to find good from what is already bad.. What are his achievements. All these politicians are for themselves (personal interest).
Re: I Don’t Need Money To Beat Atiku, Others For PDP Ticket – Makarfi by Princeefe1981: 10:54am On Aug 27, 2018
You can't govern a state for eight years and also be in the senate and yet want us to believe that you don't know the power of money in this modern day politics
Meanwhile,we can run a decent and results oriented adverts for your goods and services for the two months FREE!!!...On my platform when you desired.call +2347012831001 or +2348052033607

Re: I Don’t Need Money To Beat Atiku, Others For PDP Ticket – Makarfi by JobmanNwapdp: 10:55am On Aug 27, 2018
Don't exerggerate...............the primaries is not far.......everybody is going to test his popularity..........let the best man WIN.

JosEast:
A presidential aspirant on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Senator Ahmed Makarfi, has dismissed the role of money in the race for the party’s presidential ticket.

He told newsmen yesterday in Lagos, that even party members concurred he is the best man, among a dozen aspirants, fit for the job and that he does not need to give them money to get their votes.

Among the aspirants are former vice-president Atiku Abubakar, former governor of Sokoto, Attahiru Bafarawa, former Kano governor, Rabiu Kwankwaso and Gombe governor, Ibrahim Dankwambo. Senate President Bukola Saraki has been on a national tour, ‘consulting’ to join the race.

Makarfi said contrary to certain opinions, money would not determine who picks the PDP ticket, and that money has never been a determinant in who becomes the president of Nigeria.

“When did Nigeria start to produce presidents because of resources? Former presidents Alhaji Shehu Shagari, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, Alhaji Umaru Musa Yar’Adua, Dr Goodluck Jonathan and now President Muhammadu Buhari, did not become presidents based on money.

“In one of the Southwest states I visited, a member said other aspirants have been giving them money and gifts, but I don’t have to give them money or gifts to vote for me in the primaries because they know I am the best man for the job,” he said.

Makarfi said he was confident of picking the party’s ticket for the 2019 election.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Makarfi, a former governor of Kaduna State who also served as the chairman, PDP National Caretaker Committee, is now one of the over 12 presidential aspirants of the party.

The PDP aspirant, who just concluded meetings with PDP members in the Southwest, said his exceptional performance as chairman of the caretaker committee would give him an upper hand at the primaries.

“PDP has become a beautiful bride because of what I did. The party was considered dead until I came in as chairman of the caretaker committee and turned it round.

“No other presidential aspirant in the party has my pedigree. I have been assured of becoming the groom by members who are aware of those efforts and have sworn they will not sell their votes at the primaries.

“Since I joined the PDP, I have never left the party.

“My experience as a member of the Senate committee on finance for eight years is also an advantage. I will bring the experience to bear when I pick the ticket and emerge as president,” he said.

Makarfi said he had plans to adopt in order to curtail herders-farmers clashes if he gets the party’s ticket and is elected president of Nigeria at a stakeholder visit he held with leaders of the Lagos State Chapter of the PDP in Lagos over the weekend.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/i-don-t-need-money-to-beat-atiku-others-for-pdp-ticket--makarfi-267601.html
Re: I Don’t Need Money To Beat Atiku, Others For PDP Ticket – Makarfi by slivertongue: 11:08am On Aug 27, 2018
All dis talk wont win u d ticket cos politics is heavily monetised. Any candidate downplayin d place of money wil lose
Re: I Don’t Need Money To Beat Atiku, Others For PDP Ticket – Makarfi by KingRagnar: 11:36am On Aug 27, 2018
"that money has never been a determinant in who becomes the president of Nigeria". Story that touch the heart. Money has been the primary basis for elections especially when it has something to do with PDP. There is now inner hostilities with the PDP house as they vie for votes as to who will be the presidential candidate, Lol, it has now shifted from firing PMB to now firing themselves. Anyways, whosoever they choose will not be excused from the impending failure they will face come 2019
Re: I Don’t Need Money To Beat Atiku, Others For PDP Ticket – Makarfi by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:50am On Aug 27, 2018
ikaboy:
even ur man Tonyebarcanista abandon u cos of money for oil money
Lol abeg o. lipsrsealed
Re: I Don’t Need Money To Beat Atiku, Others For PDP Ticket – Makarfi by Justinah4real(f): 1:49pm On Aug 27, 2018
post=70646930:
Hahahahaha cheesy wink

MAKE una dey dere they beat unasef on top the big lose starring you all in the face.

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Need Money To Beat Atiku, Others For PDP Ticket – Makarfi by GetCofOProperty: 6:16pm On Aug 27, 2018
JobmanNwapdp:
Don't exerggerate...............the primaries is not far.......everybody is going to test his popularity..........let the best man WIN.

Lol cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kaduna Lifts Telecoms Ban / Olamilekan Adegbite: FG Unlikely To Fix Ajaokuta Steel As Planned / Court Of Appeal Dismisses Jandor's Case Against Sanwo-Olu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.