Stats: 3,158,486 members, 7,836,898 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

When Lot's Wife Turned Back And Became Pillar Of Salt, Who Turned To Confirm? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When Lot's Wife Turned Back And Became Pillar Of Salt, Who Turned To Confirm? (9091 Views)

Is It Right For Pastors To Confirm The Right Marriage Partner For A Person? / A Pillar Of Salt Near Ancient Sodom And Gomorrah / Lot's Wife (2) (3) (4)

Re: When Lot's Wife Turned Back And Became Pillar Of Salt, Who Turned To Confirm? by MuttleyLaff: 3:43pm On Aug 27, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:
Heard the person that turned back and observed her yelled "oga lot your wife don turn to salt o" before turning to a pillar of pepper and crayfish.
Nice story.

but the best part of genesis 19 is the last part,
where lot's virgin daughters got him drunk and they had a threesøme.

those girls were badass.
the real pórnstars!
Nah, not pórnstars, these are nice decent girls
The girls case was like one of those desperate situations, that, at times, makes you do desperate things.
Re: When Lot's Wife Turned Back And Became Pillar Of Salt, Who Turned To Confirm? by Demogorgon(m): 3:44pm On Aug 27, 2018
booqee:
The book of genesis (which includes the story of Lot) was written by Moses, who had not yet been born by then.

From the story of creation till before he was born, the event were revealed to him by God and hence he documented them as he got the vision.

We are not certain anybody saw lot's wife changing to salt, but it is certain that the full story was revealed to Moses who eventually documented it into what we have as the Bible.
Thank You.
Re: When Lot's Wife Turned Back And Became Pillar Of Salt, Who Turned To Confirm? by Dalam0n: 3:44pm On Aug 27, 2018
Demogorgon:
Listen, when it comes to God, my brain is limited. That is where the Holy Spirit comes in. LOL but i don't care. Saying Moses did not write any book in the Bible shows how ignorant you are.

Cure my ignorance and show me where Moses claimed authorship of any book in the bible.

Re: When Lot's Wife Turned Back And Became Pillar Of Salt, Who Turned To Confirm? by Switup: 3:47pm On Aug 27, 2018
booqee:
The book of genesis (which includes the story of Lot) was written by Moses, who had not yet been born by then.

From the story of creation till before he was born, the event were revealed to him by God and hence he documented them as he got the vision.

We are not certain anybody saw lot's wife changing to salt, but it is certain that the full story was revealed to Moses who eventually documented it into what we have as the Bible.
your comments corresponds to 2peter 1:20, 21. And then Numbers 23:19 backs it up

Re: When Lot's Wife Turned Back And Became Pillar Of Salt, Who Turned To Confirm? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Aug 27, 2018
Most of these stories were fabricated

Re: When Lot's Wife Turned Back And Became Pillar Of Salt, Who Turned To Confirm? by MuttleyLaff: 3:51pm On Aug 27, 2018
Dalam0n:
You've not telling me anything.
You are just telling me what you've been programmed to say like a robot.
You aren't reasoning at all because if you are using your brain you'll realize that you've allowed others to reason and think for you.

Moses fid not write anything inside the bible.
Where is your evidence to show that Moses wrote down anything inside the bible?
Just show me from the Bible
were Mosea claimed to have written down the book of Genesis or Exodus for example.
Show me!

Demogorgon:
Listen, when it comes to God, my brain is limited.
That is where the Holy Spirit comes in. LOL but i don't care.
Saying Moses did not write any book in the Bible shows how ignorant you are.

Dalam0n:
Cure my ignorance
and show me where Moses claimed authorship of any book in the bible
Then the LORD said to Moses,
"Write this on a scroll as a reminder
and recite it to Joshua
because I will utterly blot out the memory of Amalek from under heaven.

- Exodus 17:14

And Moses wrote all the words of the LORD, and rose up early in the morning,
and builded an altar under the hill, and twelve pillars, according to the twelve tribes of Israel.

- Exodus 24:4

Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it

Re: When Lot's Wife Turned Back And Became Pillar Of Salt, Who Turned To Confirm? by Demogorgon(m): 3:52pm On Aug 27, 2018
Dalam0n:

Cure my ignorance and show me where Moses claimed authorship of any book in the bible.
You want to know? Go make researchs. I'm not gonna spoon-feed you with that. Last Last it's left for you to believe whatever you want to. Peace.
Re: When Lot's Wife Turned Back And Became Pillar Of Salt, Who Turned To Confirm? by Dalam0n: 4:01pm On Aug 27, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

and recite it to Joshua

and builded an altar under the hill, and twelve pillars, according to the twelve tribes of Israel.

What is this nonsense? I said show me where Moses claimed authorship of any book in the bible and you are throwing passages that Moses was addressed in the 3rd person? What am I to do with this nonsense? Moses was addressed in the 3rd person which shows he didn't even write it. If Moses wrote it it will be as " I wrote all the words of the Lord" or " The Lord said to me write on a scroll and recite to Joshua" these are just passages that show where the writer of the book of Exodus was narrating where Moses wrote down stuffs.

What I want you to do is show me where Moses claimed authorship of any of the books attributed to his name. Where did Moses claim authorship of the book of Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers etc? Where did he claim to have written any of the books? Show me from the Bible where he claimed authorship not this nonsense where someone is addressing Moses in the 3rd narrative and saying that God told him to write things down and recite to Joshua.

Re: When Lot's Wife Turned Back And Became Pillar Of Salt, Who Turned To Confirm? by Dalam0n: 4:03pm On Aug 27, 2018
Demogorgon:
You want to know? Go make researchs. I'm not gonna spoon-feed you with that. Last Last it's left for you to believe whatever you want to. Peace.

I've done my research and it revealed to me that Moses did not write any of the 5 books attributed to him. Where is your evidence to show that he wrote down any of the books? Where did he claim authorship of any of the books?

Re: When Lot's Wife Turned Back And Became Pillar Of Salt, Who Turned To Confirm? by Demogorgon(m): 4:04pm On Aug 27, 2018
Dalam0n:

You want to know? Go make researchs. Study your Bible. I'm not going to spoon-feed you with that. Last Last its left for you to believe whatever you want to. Peace.
Re: When Lot's Wife Turned Back And Became Pillar Of Salt, Who Turned To Confirm? by MuttleyLaff: 4:07pm On Aug 27, 2018
Dalam0n:
What is this nonsense?
I said show me where Moses claimed authorship of any book in the bible and you are throwing passages that Moses was addressed in the 3rd person? What am I to do with this nonsense?
Moses was addressed in the 3rd person which shows he didn't even write it.
If Moses wrote it it will be as " I wrote all the words of the Lord"
or " The Lord said to me write on a scroll and recite to Joshua"
these are just passages that show where the writer of the book of Exodus was narrating where Moses wrote down stuffs.

What I want you to do is show me where Moses claimed authorship of any of the books attributed to his name.
Where did Moses claim authorship of the book of Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers etc?
Where did he claim to have written any of the books?
Show me from the Bible where he claimed authorship not this nonsense where someone is addressing Moses in the 3rd narrative
and saying that God told him to write things down and recite to Joshua.

Dalam0n:
You've not telling me anything.
You are just telling me what you've been programmed to say like a robot.
You aren't reasoning at all because if you are using your brain you'll realize that you've allowed others to reason and think for you.

Moses did not write anything inside the bible.
Where is your evidence to show that Moses wrote down anything inside the bible?

Just show me from the Bible
were Mosea claimed to have written down the book of Genesis or Exodus for example.
Show me!
If you own up to the red emboldened, then mission accomplished
Re: When Lot's Wife Turned Back And Became Pillar Of Salt, Who Turned To Confirm? by Demogorgon(m): 4:09pm On Aug 27, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

and recite it to Joshua

Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it
He's a lost sheep. Leave him.
Re: When Lot's Wife Turned Back And Became Pillar Of Salt, Who Turned To Confirm? by MuttleyLaff: 4:11pm On Aug 27, 2018
Demogorgon:
Sheep?
Re: When Lot's Wife Turned Back And Became Pillar Of Salt, Who Turned To Confirm? by Demogorgon(m): 4:15pm On Aug 27, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Sheep?
Toh. grin wetin you say mah talk

Re: When Lot's Wife Turned Back And Became Pillar Of Salt, Who Turned To Confirm? by Dalam0n: 4:16pm On Aug 27, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

If you own up to the red emboldened, then mission accomplished

If you are lost and need clarification just say it. My point to him was that Moses did not write any book inside the bible. Even the part you alluded to was not written by Moses, Moses was addressed as a 3rd person meaning the writer was narrating a story about Moses. Bottom line is that Moses did NOT write any of the 5 books attributed to his name( there are clear evidence from scholarship that show the books have many author) , even the boOK of Genesis was written by many different authors( scholars have provided many evidence to show for that). Moses did not claim authorship any where and he was addressed in the 3rd person narrative throughout meaning it was someone that wrote the story about him. Most of the events predated him by hundreds of years and others after he died. He wrote no book and never claimed to have written any.

Re: When Lot's Wife Turned Back And Became Pillar Of Salt, Who Turned To Confirm? by Dalam0n: 4:17pm On Aug 27, 2018
Demogorgon:

So Moses being addressed in the 3rd person by the writer of Exodus means Moses wrote the book abi? Well done.

Re: When Lot's Wife Turned Back And Became Pillar Of Salt, Who Turned To Confirm? by MuttleyLaff: 4:34pm On Aug 27, 2018
Dalam0n:
If you are lost and need clarification just say it.
My point to him was that Moses did not write any book inside the bible.
Even the part you alluded to was not written by Moses,
Moses was addressed as a 3rd person meaning the writer was narrating a story about Moses.

Bottom line is that Moses did NOT write any of the 5 books attributed to his name
(there are clear evidence from scholarship that show the books have many author),
even the boOK of Genesis was written by many different authors
(scholars have provided many evidence to show for that).

Moses did not claim authorship any where
and he was addressed in the 3rd person narrative throughout meaning it was someone that wrote the story about him.
Most of the events predated him by hundreds of years and others after he died.
He wrote no book and never claimed to have written any.
I am going to lean forward and say this.
At the least, according to Exodus 17:14 and Exodus 24:4, Moses wrote.
For crying out loud, he wrote, on scroll(s)
What part in that is difficult, to understand?

Who do you think is the author of the book, Ezra, the priest, was reading from?
Re: When Lot's Wife Turned Back And Became Pillar Of Salt, Who Turned To Confirm? by Dalam0n: 4:53pm On Aug 27, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
I am going to lean forward and say this.
At the least, according to Exodus 17:14 and Exodus 24:4, Moses wrote.
For crying out loud, he wrote, on scroll(s)
What part in that is difficult, to understand?

Who do you think is the author of the book, Ezra, the priest, was reading from?

Moses wrote what? Stories he was told to later recite to Joshua? The writer of the book of Exodus narrated a story where he claimed Moses wrote down somethings. My point is that Moses did NOT write the book of Exodus. He did NOTbwrite down the book of Genesis. He never claimed authorship and there is more than enough evidence to show that he wrote none of the books that tradition ascribe to him.
Re: When Lot's Wife Turned Back And Became Pillar Of Salt, Who Turned To Confirm? by MuttleyLaff: 5:12pm On Aug 27, 2018
Dalam0n:
Moses wrote what?
Stories he was told to later recite to Joshua?
The writer of the book of Exodus narrated a story where he claimed Moses wrote down somethings.
My point is that Moses did NOT write the book of Exodus.
He did NOT write down the book of Genesis.
He never claimed authorship and there is more than enough evidence to show that he wrote none of the books that tradition ascribe to him.
So you accept that, Moses, after all is said and done, did write, even if for the sake of this exchange, it is somewhat.
Re: When Lot's Wife Turned Back And Became Pillar Of Salt, Who Turned To Confirm? by Dalam0n: 5:13pm On Aug 27, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
So you accept that, Moses, after all is said and done, did write, even if for the sake of this exchange, it is somewhat.

Moses wrote what? What did he write?
Re: When Lot's Wife Turned Back And Became Pillar Of Salt, Who Turned To Confirm? by MuttleyLaff: 5:23pm On Aug 27, 2018
Dalam0n:
Moses wrote what? What did he write?
First things first
1/ Do you accept He, at all, wrote?
2/ Do you accept that others, referred specifically, to what Moses wrote?
Re: When Lot's Wife Turned Back And Became Pillar Of Salt, Who Turned To Confirm? by meobizy(f): 5:26pm On Aug 27, 2018
I always thought whoever wrote these stories was under a trance where he [bible misogyny] could see everything happen live and direct without getting affected.
I take it like a dream, you can live it but outcomes don't affect you. You can then wake up and write what you saw.
Re: When Lot's Wife Turned Back And Became Pillar Of Salt, Who Turned To Confirm? by sonmvayina(m): 5:28pm On Aug 27, 2018
Ezra is the author of the Torah... The laws existed prior, but it was Ezra who wrote them down in form of a narrative...

Moses and the rest are all characters in the story.. God is not a man.

Re: When Lot's Wife Turned Back And Became Pillar Of Salt, Who Turned To Confirm? by Dalam0n: 5:31pm On Aug 27, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
First things first

Moses wrote what? Wrote any of the books attributed to him? Or what?
Re: When Lot's Wife Turned Back And Became Pillar Of Salt, Who Turned To Confirm? by MuttleyLaff: 5:42pm On Aug 27, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
First things first

Dalam0n:
Moses wrote what?
Wrote any of the books attributed to him? Or what?
Why are you shunning answering those two question?
Answer them now
, so we can then after, if you still like,
talk about what Moses wrote, talk about books attributed to him and why the books were attributed to him
Re: When Lot's Wife Turned Back And Became Pillar Of Salt, Who Turned To Confirm? by Dalam0n: 5:49pm On Aug 27, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

Why are you shunning answering those two question?
Answer them now
, so we can then after, if you still like,
talk about what Moses wrote, talk about books attributed to him and why the books were attributed to him

According to the person that wrote Exodus, Moses was told to write down an event that happened to the Amalek as a reminder and recite it to Joshua. Later he wrote down some things God told him to write down.
Re: When Lot's Wife Turned Back And Became Pillar Of Salt, Who Turned To Confirm? by Dantedasz(m): 5:50pm On Aug 27, 2018
Dalam0n:

Moses wrote what? Wrote any of the books attributed to him? Or what?

Please can you have a look at this and share your opinion.
https://www.nairaland.com/4699322/decades-sexual-abuse-catholic-church#70659815
Re: When Lot's Wife Turned Back And Became Pillar Of Salt, Who Turned To Confirm? by CAPSLOCKED: 6:00pm On Aug 27, 2018
iammo:
Moses was the author of Genesis (verse containing the story), as well as Exodus, Book of Leviticus, Numbers and most of Book of Deuteronomy,
Moses was a prophet and that was why he could write about a story about Abraham's and lots generation, aprox 400 years before he was born. perhaps he got the inspiration to write that story, because nothing logical can explain his knowledge of the story

IT'S EASIER IF YOU ACCEPT THAT MOSES DIDN'T WRITE ANY OF THOSE STORIES.

JUST LIKE THE STORY OF A MASS MIGRATION FROM EGYPT WHICH NEVER HAPPENED, THE BIBLE IS JUST A COLLECTION OF RANDOM, UNVERIFIABLE, FABRICATED TALES THAT MOST LIKELY NEVER HAPPENED.

Re: When Lot's Wife Turned Back And Became Pillar Of Salt, Who Turned To Confirm? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Aug 27, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:
I HEARD THE PERSON THAT TURNED BACK AND OBSERVED HER YELLED "OGA LOT YOUR WIFE DON TURN TO SALT O" BEFORE TURNING TO A PILLAR OF PEPPER AND CRAYFISH.

NICE STORY. BUT THE BEST PART OF GENESIS 19 IS THE LAST PART, WHERE LOT'S VIRGIN DAUGHTERS GOT HIM DRUNK AND THEY HAD A THREESØME.

THOSE GIRLS WERE BADASS. THE REAL PÓRNSTARS!

LMAO @the emboldened

This is the funniest thing I've read all day

Re: When Lot's Wife Turned Back And Became Pillar Of Salt, Who Turned To Confirm? by MuttleyLaff: 6:08pm On Aug 27, 2018
Dalam0n:
According to the person that wrote Exodus, Moses was told to write down an event that happened to the Amalek as a reminder and recite it to Joshua.
Later he wrote down some things God told him to write down.
Put aside awhile "according to the person that wrote Exodus"
and let me again, put forward to you, these two questions, you steering clear of
1/ Do you accept Moses, at all, wrote?
2/ Do you accept that others, apart from the "according to the person that wrote Exodus", referred specifically, to what Moses wrote?
Re: When Lot's Wife Turned Back And Became Pillar Of Salt, Who Turned To Confirm? by hopefulLandlord: 6:11pm On Aug 27, 2018
Demogorgon:
I tell u, it's not. We're not in the summer of 2019. So quit talking about stranger things.

Hahahaha

if you're serious about being quoted then you should know you're on an internet forum where anyone can quote you. you have the right to ignore if you feel the quote is unwarranted but you can't prevent people quoting you
Re: When Lot's Wife Turned Back And Became Pillar Of Salt, Who Turned To Confirm? by CAPSLOCKED: 6:17pm On Aug 27, 2018
Dalam0n:

You've not telling me anything. You are just telling me what you've been programmed to say like a robot. You aren't reasoning at all because if you are using your brain you'll realize that you've allowed others to reason and think for you.

Moses fid not write anything inside the bible. Where is your evidence to show that Moses wrote down anything inside the bible? Just show me from the Bible were Mosea claimed to have written down the book of Genesis or Exodus for example. Show me!

Demogorgon:
Everything Moses wrote down wasn't just a fluke. It was influenced by the Holy Spirit

I FIND IT COMPLETELY ABSURD THAT WE'RE WORSHIPPING AND APPLAUDING THESE GUYS.
I MEAN.. IMAGINE THE NUMBER OF INNOCENT CHILDREN THAT DIED IN THE FIRE ON THAT DAY IN SODOM. IMAGINE THE NUMBER OF CHILDREN THAT DIED IN THE FLOOD FROM NOAH'S STORIES (MILLIONS IN AMERICA, AFRICA, AUSTRALIA, AND EVERYWHERE FAR FROM THE MIDDLE EAST WHO COULDN'T GET ON THE ARK CUS THEY COULDN'T MAKE IT TO ARKLAND, OR THEY NEVER EXPECTED ANYTHING SINCE THERE WASN'T ANY TELEPHONE OR MAIL SERVICES TO SEND / RECEIVE INFORMATION FROM PLACE TO PLACE).
THE HUNDREDS THAT DIED IN EGYPT BECAUSE YAWEH HARDENED PHARAOH'S HEART TO NOT LET THE SLAVES GO (TO ME THIS WINS THE MOST STUPID MOVE EVER BY YAWEH. YOU WANT PHARAOH TO FREE THE SLAVES, THEN YOU HARDEN PHARAOH'S MIND, DEPRIVING HIM OF FREEWILL. THEN YOU KILL HUNDREDS OF CHILDREN AND ANIMALS. PLAIN IDIOCY).
THE THOUSANDS KILLED BY DAVID AND OTHER WARRIOR KINGS AS INSTRUCTED BY YAWEH.

AFTER ALL THE NUMEROUS ABSURDITIES AND ATROCITIES COMMITTED BY THESE GUYS (CLEARLY STATED IN THE BIBLE) PEOPLE STILL RESPECT, FOLLOW AND WORSHIP THEM?

THESE GUYS DESERVE ZERO RESPECT, ENDLESS RIDICULE AND CONDEMNATION. YAWEH AND HIS PARTNERS NEED TO LEARN MORALITY FROM THE HUMANS THEY CREATED, AND APOLOGIZE TO THE ENTIRE PLANET (INCLUDING ANIMALS AND TREES) FOR CAUSING ALL THAT DAMAGE. SCREW THOSE GUYS. undecided

Yasir Quadhi: Problems With The Preservation Of The Quran / What Is Your Personal Life Motto? / In The God Of David Oyedepo ? Huh?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68