Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,556 members, 7,837,140 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

When Lot's Wife Turned Back And Became Pillar Of Salt, Who Turned To Confirm? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When Lot's Wife Turned Back And Became Pillar Of Salt, Who Turned To Confirm? (9097 Views)

Is It Right For Pastors To Confirm The Right Marriage Partner For A Person? / A Pillar Of Salt Near Ancient Sodom And Gomorrah / Lot's Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Lot's Wife Turned Back And Became Pillar Of Salt, Who Turned To Confirm? by Alitair(m): 8:44am On Aug 28, 2018
This goes to stress how much we Africans choose to believe in tales. Ask one pastor and he will end up telling you how you are supposed to believe anything dumbly without questions because Bible said it.
Who wrote this Bible?
Lots of stories that don't add up..

Religion has done great harm to us Africans.
It's either you are good or bad. Live your life to be happy. That is what matters. YOLO. Don't waste the life doing Churchious.

2 Likes

Re: When Lot's Wife Turned Back And Became Pillar Of Salt, Who Turned To Confirm? by Zest009(m): 9:44am On Aug 28, 2018
Abraham. He was not too far away. And He could look at sodom without being turned into salt
Re: When Lot's Wife Turned Back And Became Pillar Of Salt, Who Turned To Confirm? by somehow: 9:47am On Aug 28, 2018
This is quite simple.

In this settings, when you are moving with your family, the oldest most times walk behing the younger ones and knowing that Lot got the message directly from God, he would have been the one walking behind the rest thereby having the opportunity to see his wife turn.

Am i making sense?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Lot's Wife Turned Back And Became Pillar Of Salt, Who Turned To Confirm? by Zest009(m): 9:50am On Aug 28, 2018
Alitair:
This goes to stress how much we Africans choose to believe in tales. Ask one pastor and he will end up telling you how you are supposed to believe anything dumbly without questions because Bible said it.
Who wrote this Bible?
Lots of stories that don't add up..

Religion has done great harm to us Africans.
It's either you are good or bad. Live your life to be happy. That is what matters. YOLO. Don't waste the life doing Churchious.
i wonder how you know so much about a book you hardly read or even belive about.
At least take time to know b4 jumping into conclusion.
Re: When Lot's Wife Turned Back And Became Pillar Of Salt, Who Turned To Confirm? by Dalam0n: 10:24am On Aug 28, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

LOGICALLY THIS STORY DOESN'T MAKE SENSE. A COMPLETELY WASTED ALMOST LIFELESS MAN - JUDGING FROM HIS INABILITY TO REALIZE WHAT HAPPENED WHEN HE GOT SOBER - CANNOT GET TWO VIRGIN DAUGHTERS PREGNANT, UNLESS THIS STORY KEPT OUT THE FACT THAT THERE'S MORE THAN RECORDED.

A SEXUALLY ACTIVE AND SOBER MAN KNOWS WHAT IT TAKES TO "DEFLOWER AND IMPREGNATE" A PERSON. BUT AN OLD ALMOST DEAD LOT DID TWO, AND DOESN'T EVEN KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON. *FACEPALM!

People don't reason about these fairy tales at all.
Re: When Lot's Wife Turned Back And Became Pillar Of Salt, Who Turned To Confirm? by Aldebaran(m): 2:57pm On Aug 28, 2018
mhimi:
Job??
Thanks...
Corrected cheesy
Re: When Lot's Wife Turned Back And Became Pillar Of Salt, Who Turned To Confirm? by MuttleyLaff: 7:07pm On Aug 28, 2018
Dalam0n:
This is Mark (an unknown person by the way) clearly saying Nonsense.
What is the book of Moses? Where is the Book of Moses?
There is nothing like the book of Moses anywhere.
This is someone making a claim.
I am talking specifically about the books in the bible called genesis, exodus, numbers etc.
Where did anybody say that Moses wrote them? Where is the evidence?

As you can see clearly this is someone writing and telling you a story about Moses and claiming he wrote a book.
He is even addressing Moses in the 3rd person.
Who ever wrote Deuteronomy is NOT Moses.
Someone is telling you a story about Moses as clearly stated here.
MOSES DID NOT write Deuteronomy. Because you can see that someone is telling you a story about Moses and what he did.
He is addressing Moses in the 3rd person. Clear evidence that Moses did NOT write Deuteronomy.

Where is the Book of Moses? There is No book in the bible called the book of Moses.
Ezra say Moses wrote the book of Moses not that Moses wrote Genesis, Exodus, Numbers etc.

Moses wrote book of Moses they said, where is the book of Moses?
The book of Moses is NOT genesis, it's not exodus or leviticus.
I've shown you evidence from the book of Exodus that Moses, did not write the book.
Let me give you another clear example

Exo2: 11 And it came to pass in those days, when Moses was grown,
that he went out unto his brethren, and looked on their burdens:
and he spied an Egyptian smiting an Hebrew, one of his brethren.

Exo 2:12 - And he looked this way and that way, and when he saw that there was no man, he slew the Egyptian, and hid him in the sand.

From this passage you can see clearly that Mosesis addressed in the 3rd person narrative
meaning that Someone is telling you a story about Moses. Moses did NOT write the book of exodus.
This is someone clearly writing a story about Moses.

The first book of Moses is called Genesis according to who?
Where did Moses claim authorship of the book of Genesis?
IF you just picked up the book of Genesis without knowing who the author is how can you know that Moses wrote it?
If you know anything about the book of Genesis you'll NOT be saying this NONSENSE YOU ARE SAYING.
Moses was addressed in the 3rd person throughout the book of Exodus
where his story first appeared in the bible show you that it is someone writing a story about Moses.

The scholarly consensus is the Moses did NOT write down those books.
Tradition is what ascribe those books to him but he did not write them.
He was always addressed in the 3rd person, and even where he was mentioned you'll clearly know that he wants the one that wrote but someone writing a story about him.

You are yet to show me a single evidence that Moses wrote Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers etc.
My guy farabale. Calm down buddy.

I have shown you evidences of other people talking about what Moses wrote, after you admitted to not being aware of any.
If you arent aware of those others, I wonder what else are you're ignorant of and blindly arguing over

"Moses wrote book of Moses they said, where is the book of Moses?" you say

The Torah, also known as the Pentateuch, is what is called the book of Moses
It comprises of Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy

Your shown evidence is nothing but a sham and pretense

Dont you know that writing in that 3rd person narrative, is being consistent with the writing style of that period

If you cant even be sincere and honest to identify clearly and definitely, the kind of 3rd person narrative employed
what else are you not sincere and honest about
Re: When Lot's Wife Turned Back And Became Pillar Of Salt, Who Turned To Confirm? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Aug 28, 2018
booqee:
what sort of username is koropon? shocked grin Afi suru

suru ti ko ni surutu rara grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: When Lot's Wife Turned Back And Became Pillar Of Salt, Who Turned To Confirm? by hernandson(m): 8:16pm On Aug 28, 2018
Dalam0n:

What is this nonsense? I said show me where Moses claimed authorship of any book in the bible and you are throwing passages that Moses was addressed in the 3rd person? What am I to do with this nonsense? Moses was addressed in the 3rd person which shows he didn't even write it. If Moses wrote it it will be as " I wrote all the words of the Lord" or " The Lord said to me write on a scroll and recite to Joshua" these are just passages that show where the writer of the book of Exodus was narrating where Moses wrote down stuffs.

What I want you to do is show me where Moses claimed authorship of any of the books attributed to his name. Where did Moses claim authorship of the book of Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers etc? Where did he claim to have written any of the books? Show me from the Bible where he claimed authorship not this nonsense where someone is addressing Moses in the 3rd narrative and saying that God told him to write things down and recite to Joshua.
and that won't be plagiarism, God's true servant don't take glory in God's work

1 Like

Re: When Lot's Wife Turned Back And Became Pillar Of Salt, Who Turned To Confirm? by Alitair(m): 8:25pm On Aug 28, 2018
Zest009:

i wonder how you know so much about a book you hardly read or even belive about.
At least take time to know b4 jumping into conclusion.
I was patient enough to read it. I don't know what would make you think I concluded just by looking at the cover.
SMH
Re: When Lot's Wife Turned Back And Became Pillar Of Salt, Who Turned To Confirm? by Dalam0n: 8:54pm On Aug 28, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
My guy farabale. Calm down buddy.

I have shown you evidences of other people talking about what Moses wrote, after you admitted to not being aware of any.
If you arent aware of those others, I wonder what else are you're ignorant of and blindly arguing over

None of the books they claim Moses wrote has anything to do with the books am talking about. They said Moses wrote a book called the book of Moses. Genesis, exodus, Leviticus were not written by Moses for very obvious reasons. Even Moses himself isn't an established historical figure.

"Moses wrote book of Moses they said, where is the book of Moses?" you say

The Torah, also known as the Pentateuch, is what is called the book of Moses
It comprises of Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy

It is a LIE! THE pentateuch according to TRADITION is said to be the book of Moses. But in reality Moses did NOT write any of the books. I've shown you clearly where he is addressed in the 3rd person which shows that it is someone telling you a story about him. 3rd person narrative even at that time doesn't involve things that happen before a person is born and events that happened after he died. So Moses wrote about events that happened after he died abi? You are a joke.

Your shown evidence is nothing but a sham and pretense

Dont you know that writing in that 3rd person narrative, is being consistent with the writing style of that period

If you cant even be sincere and honest to identify clearly and definitely, the kind of 3rd person narrative employed
what else are you not sincere and honest about

It is a LIE, it is your insistence that Moses wrote the pentateuch after I've shown you that he didn't that remains a sham. Moses did NOT write the pentateuch. Tradition ascribe the authorship to him but there is nothing from the text it self that suggest that Moses wrote it. He did not claim authorship anywhere even though it's very common for people to claim authorship of text at that time.

You clearly know nothing about the scholarship behind the pentateuch. The consensus among scholars is that penntateach could not have been written by a single person because:

1. Differences in writing style,

2. Language: different languages were used in writing the pentateuch including the Caananite language.

3. Contradiction in the texts, among other things concluded that it was a composite work by editors tying together earlier texts written by very different authors over different periods.

4. Time, the text shows composition over a long period.

The Pentateuch does not present itself as being written by Moses, but as an anonymous account about the history of the world and the Israelites up to and including the life of Moses.

Moses is always reffered to as a third person in the pentateuch ( It's always “Moses said this,” or “Moses did that”). It is very apparent from such statements that someone else is writing about Moses, rather than Moses doing the writing himself. That much is very clear from the books.

Check this out from Numbers:

Num 12:3" Now the man Moses was very humble, more so than anyone else on the face of the earth."

Not only is this third person narration, but it is certainly not the sort of thing that a humble person would say about him or herself! This is someone clearly writing about Moses.

First person narration is quite common at that time for text that were actually written by the authors that wrote things themselves because authorship at that time were mostly ascribe to people through tradition. Examples are the Moabite Mesha and Tel Dan, they predate Moses but were written in first person narrative. Even the bible has some books that were written in first person narrative.

If you study the pentateuch you'll clearly see that who ever the authors are, clearly stated that they got their stories from other books that have nothing to do with Moses, example but they also included texts and quote from book of the Wars of the Lord (Num 21:13-15), the poem of the balladeers about Heshbon (Num 21:27-30), Lamech’s song to his wives (Gen 4:23-24). These are books and traditions that have nothing to do with Moses.

Even Moses himself is spoken about and addressed in the pentateuch as a historical figure like Noah, Abraham, Jacob etc It speaks about Moses in retrospect.
Example: Exo 2:11 - And it came to pass in those days, when Moses was grown, that he went out unto his brethren, and looked on their burdens: and he spied an Egyptian smiting an Hebrew, one of his brethren.

Clearly you can see that the author is referring to Moses in retrospect as a historical person.
Other phrases like" up until this day", shows that the tradition continues from the time of Moses to the period of the writer.

In Deuteronomy 34, the writer says, "There never arose another prophet in Israel like Moses." after Moses died. Moses can not write these things since he's already dead.

Textual criticism is something that the Rabbis themselves noticed with the text and decided to voice out. They noticed that many things were wrong with the text and the traditional authorship given to Moses. One of the first person to observe this anomaly and speak out about it was Rabbi Abraham Ibn Ezra.

You have nothing but empty claims of tradition to hang on to.

3 Likes

Re: When Lot's Wife Turned Back And Became Pillar Of Salt, Who Turned To Confirm? by Nobody: 11:47pm On Aug 28, 2018
Explorers:

Hot Ash and other chemicals from volcanic eruption makes people turn to that so called salt.

what happened to lots wife happened in the city of Pompeo in Italy, a whole nation turned to salt n died due to volcano.

It's still open for sight seeing up till this day.
Re: When Lot's Wife Turned Back And Became Pillar Of Salt, Who Turned To Confirm? by Explorers(m): 4:57am On Aug 29, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Hot Ash and other chemicals from volcanic eruption makes people turn to that so called salt.

what happened to lots wife happened in the city of Pompeo in Italy, a whole nation turned to salt n died due to volcano.

It's still open for sight seeing up till this day.

Not salt, volcanic ash and it happened after death.
Re: When Lot's Wife Turned Back And Became Pillar Of Salt, Who Turned To Confirm? by Nobody: 8:12am On Aug 29, 2018
Explorers:

Not salt, volcanic ash and it happened after death.

Volcanic ash contains many types of salt.
Re: When Lot's Wife Turned Back And Became Pillar Of Salt, Who Turned To Confirm? by Hakeem12(m): 1:40pm On Aug 29, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:
I HEARD THE PERSON THAT TURNED BACK AND OBSERVED HER YELLED "OGA LOT YOUR WIFE DON TURN TO SALT O" BEFORE TURNING TO A PILLAR OF PEPPER AND CRAYFISH.

NICE STORY. BUT THE BEST PART OF GENESIS 19 IS THE LAST PART, WHERE LOT'S VIRGIN DAUGHTERS GOT HIM DRUNK AND THEY HAD A THREESØME.

THOSE GIRLS WERE BADASS. THE REAL PÓRNSTARS!
lol
Re: When Lot's Wife Turned Back And Became Pillar Of Salt, Who Turned To Confirm? by Switup: 6:16am On Aug 30, 2018
clumsydyna:

Numbers 23:19 does not speak about what is on ground my dear.
Numbers 23:19 backs up the fact God cannot lie. in which case if God cannot lie then 2 peter 1;20,21must not be disputed

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Popular Pastors That May Lead You To Hell If You Follow Their Doctrine / Is The Jehovah's Witness Organisation Christian? / Why Do People Deny Power Of God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.