Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,757 members, 7,820,629 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

When You Keep Having Suicidal Thoughts - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When You Keep Having Suicidal Thoughts (2953 Views)

I Feel So Suicidal Because Of My Marriage. / Is There Anyone Having Suicidal Thoughts? / How I Keep Having Sex With My Boss To Secure My Marriage And I (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When You Keep Having Suicidal Thoughts by Chiadikaobi(m): 4:49pm On Sep 04, 2018
hablink:
When things are not working in one's life, suicide is not the only option to get out of it, rather, it is an end to a cowardly means; only cowards ply that route.
I may not know you personally (even though we've had online convos way back) but one thing I know is you are capable of putting smiles on peoples faces, that is something to be proud of man, the ability to be responsible for someone's happiness.
I implore you not to give up on life, cos life can never give up on you, as long as there is breath in you.
Strive to be the man you are destined to be, never give up!

Peace
Thank you so much sir.

Things will be fine
Re: When You Keep Having Suicidal Thoughts by hablink: 4:15pm On Sep 05, 2018
Chiadikaobi:
Thank you so much sir.

Things will be fine

It's ok to feel that way, many people do. It can get better though, over time and with effort.

If you can afford it, consider seeing a therapist. They can help you pinpoint the issue, and if necessary prescribe medication. A good therapist goes beyond medication and helps you unravel your issues and find self resilience.

If you're lonely, cut down on social media. Like junk food, it takes away our hunger now but makes us hungrier later. Reach out to friends and family. People you haven't spoken to in a while will probably be pleasantly surprised to hear from you. If you aren't and you can, find work. Daily interaction with your coworkers will help, and you may make friends in the process.

If you're anxious, depressed, or generally stressed: Make sure you're eating right, go for more walks, and consider trying a mindfulness exercise. Yoga, meditation, and various mindfulness apps have been shown to reduce stress and anxiety.

If you feel like things are hopeless and meaningless, consider detaching from easy-to-consume media for a while and working through classic books, especially philosophy books. There's a depth and richness to a book that's difficult to achieve elsewhere, and philosophers through the ages have felt what you feel and might have insights that are valuable to you. You can also read books anywhere, so you can go somewhere different and nice like a cafe or a park.

Most importantly, remember that you're alive, it's ok to be you, it's ok to feel how you do, it's ok to take up space. You are someone to yourself, to the people in your life.

Culled from a thread on Reddit. And yes, things will eventually get better with time...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When You Keep Having Suicidal Thoughts by Chiadikaobi(m): 5:32am On Sep 08, 2018
Thanks everyone for the contributions. We are such a big family.

I surely believe that things will get better in no time.

I can't stop thanking God for his Grace and mercy

2 Likes

Re: When You Keep Having Suicidal Thoughts by teemy(m): 5:01pm On Sep 10, 2018
Chiadikaobi:
Thanks everyone for the contributions. We are such a big family.

I surely believe that things will get better in no time.

I can't stop thanking God for his Grace and mercy

Call me on 08057030733
Re: When You Keep Having Suicidal Thoughts by Chiadikaobi(m): 7:26am On Sep 11, 2018
It's been God's mercies and Grace. He kept me.

Happy birthday to me my brethren.

His Grace is upon me

1 Like

Re: When You Keep Having Suicidal Thoughts by yehmy(m): 8:00am On Sep 11, 2018
Chiadikaobi:
It's been God's mercies and Grace. He kept me.

Happy birthday to me my brethren.

His Grace is upon me
May today bring you loads of joy and happiness, the joy of a new age wil not depart from your family even in hard times you will surely triumph cool Enjoy your day man.... I celebrate you

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: When You Keep Having Suicidal Thoughts by Nobody: 5:44pm On Sep 11, 2018
post=70707958:
We hope this our little contribution helps.
Life is beautiful my brother.
Please never ever give up.
It will end in praise.

Journaling. Writing is a great way to release emotions. It is unfiltered thought, where you can speak your mind without editing. No judgments, criticisms or condemnations from others. It allows you to explore emotions on a level that you may not necessarily always consider when thinking, but somehow come to you as you put a pen to paper.

Adequate sleep with short nap if needed. Sleeping is when our body recovers. Our immune system repairs itself, our brains rest and grow, and we store energy for the next day. Yet we are constantly overworking ourselves, putting ourselves in stressful situations, and not getting enough sleep. We often overeat when we are tired and grumpy, which makes for a much harder life.

Exercise. Exercise produces natural endorphins, which help put us in a good mood. There is a lot of research that shows that exercise improves mood. Your ability to learn also improves immediately following exercise. John Ratey has done fascinating research on children and exercise, so if you don’t know much about it read his work.

Drink plenty of water. Dehydration is often overlooked, but our body is made up of 95 percent water. When it does not have enough we often feel lethargic, grumpy, and get headaches.

Being social. It is easy to be a hermit these days, as you can do everything via Internet. People increasingly telecommute and so are spending less time outside the home. Even an hour a day with someone else can boost your mood.

Meditation or prayer. Most people think of prayer as religious, but it does not have to be. If you hold on to all of your problems, it can easily get overwhelming and trigger into a hopelessness that spirals out of control. So take some time to let things go, think good thoughts about others, and bring your mind to a peaceful place.

Giving thanks. Three thank-yous a day. Every day. Every single person in this world has something to be thankful about every day, no matter how dire their situation. When we focus on the positive, it helps bring more positive into our life. Even when times are bad, it is important to remember the good.

Practice unconditional love. This may be the hardest thing. As we get caught up in our daily routine, being kind and showing unconditional love becomes harder and harder. Traffic, the late babysitter, and unhappy kids are just a few of many daily life challenges. Yet if we think about unconditional love every single day, we in turn will be more loving, caring people and attract more of the same into our lives.

We wish you all the very best in life .

You need drugs.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Invite My Brothers To Leave With Me Now Its Affecting My Relationship..advice / Why Do Most Women See Their Mother-in-law As A 'witch'? / Will You Follow Your Wife Into The Labour/delivery Room?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.