Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,043 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

Who The Heck Is As Capable As Obasanjo? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who The Heck Is As Capable As Obasanjo? (4387 Views)

We Will Massacre Everyone In Niger Delta As Obasanjo Did. Rtd Col. Hassan / Tinubu Kicks As Obasanjo Suggests Soludo To Buhari As Finance Minister / What The Heck Is South South? It Should Be East, West, North And South! (2) (3) (4)

Re: Who The Heck Is As Capable As Obasanjo? by pendelite(f): 5:44pm On Jan 07, 2006
Akolawole

Twisting the facts does not make them true either, the statement was if only one man can rule Nigeria and we cannot find another person out of one hundred and forty million, then we ought to be ashamed of ourselves for not preparing ourselves.

We now know the Obasanjo apologists 
Re: Who The Heck Is As Capable As Obasanjo? by ijebuman(m): 5:56pm On Jan 07, 2006

better be careful there could be CIA operatives around   grin
Akolawole:

"CIA report ko, CIA ni "
Bloody Nonsense.

Please lighten up, it was meant as a joke, you do understand what a joke is  smiley
Re: Who The Heck Is As Capable As Obasanjo? by kenflavor(m): 10:08pm On Jan 07, 2006
South South
- Donald Duke
- Peter Odili
- Pat Utomi

South East
- Orji Uzoh Kalu
- Rochas Okorocha
- Dora Akunyili
- Peter Obi
Re: Who The Heck Is As Capable As Obasanjo? by dejiolowe: 11:12pm On Jan 07, 2006
I don't know why we trouble ourselves so much.

OBJ should go and let those who contest the elections show us their capabilities.

I can remember that if not for the political machinery OBJ had in place, Falae floored him so much he couldn't show up for a face-to-face national debate. OBJ didn't have the foggiest idea of how to run the country.

It is the same dude that we think he's indespensable (my arse)
Re: Who The Heck Is As Capable As Obasanjo? by bunking(m): 9:16am On Jan 08, 2006
Who the heck is as incapable and self assuming as Obasanjo?
In the country of men behaving like animals, the Gorilla thinks he is the ordained King.
Akowale and his kind, lets hear word jo with your kind of argument- you leap before looking.
Re: Who The Heck Is As Capable As Obasanjo? by Akolawole(m): 7:11pm On Jan 08, 2006
@Bunking

So, you want me to argue the way you argue,reason the way you reason, think the way you think, Sorry I am no follow-follow.
Re: Who The Heck Is As Capable As Obasanjo? by pendelite(f): 8:31pm On Jan 08, 2006
By the same logic, you will not drive on the right side of the road because everyone else is doing it?

Posted by: Akolawole
Insert Quote
@Bunking

So, you want me to argue the way you argue,reason the way you reason, think the way you think, Sorry I am no follow-follow.

There is such a thing as irrational disagreement
Re: Who The Heck Is As Capable As Obasanjo? by obong(m): 1:42am On Jan 09, 2006
My first choice would be Donald duke because he's a politician and a very capable one. He's dynamic, detribalised and a genius who's put his ideas to work.

My second choice would be Ms. Akunyili because she has shown herself to be a patriot, and one willing to make tough decisions to make naija better. Her downfall is that he's a technocrat with no politicla base. The same argument goes for Ms. Ngozi Okonjo Iweala and Soludo. But of the 3, I'd rather pick Ms. Dora because she has shown more results in her post. I think Ms. Iweala is impressive to people more for her credentials than actual results. Ms. Akunyili has been nothing short of revolutionary.

Urji Kalu would be good for transition, thi.e. the first president born after indepenence, but i don;t think he would be as effective as any of thse listed above
Re: Who The Heck Is As Capable As Obasanjo? by kenflavor(m): 6:46am On Jan 09, 2006
U might be right gee
Re: Who The Heck Is As Capable As Obasanjo? by femmie(m): 8:24am On Jan 09, 2006
@uzors what the hell do you mean am an OBJ'S boy am olny asking who is right to place in the place?
Re: Who The Heck Is As Capable As Obasanjo? by femmie(m): 8:29am On Jan 09, 2006
the united states is a country tht loves dabbling into other pple's affairs so am not suprised actually on the cia report i might believe them as in looking at the south-south thing i think its getting out of hand and well, i also think the US is kind of trying to get to us cause nigeria is a potential marketing country so they are scared that we are getting enough customers evriday.
Re: Who The Heck Is As Capable As Obasanjo? by pendelite(f): 1:11pm On Jan 09, 2006
femmie

What an old song, America this America that, you’re sitting there and China is permeating the fabric of society. Is it that you so like Chinese food that you have failed to pay attention that there will soon be a Chinatown in your village?

Keep your eyes opened and don’t get distracted by illusions.
Re: Who The Heck Is As Capable As Obasanjo? by femmie(m): 3:50pm On Jan 09, 2006
lighten up evribody cnt you c.are u blaming OBJ for what the military people have done, even if he was among them then. he has better instentions now it cnt take one day to put up all this things. hey are u all talking about nigeria here? this is a country that has a whole lot of mafialike rulers that will never relent until they get from the national cake. so what. you all are saying KALU, DORA AKINLUYI, ETC. what do this people know about the international politics of today? what do they know. i remain firm on it that no one and i say it again no one has a global authority like that of OBJ. xcept IBB which we do not want. lets be realistic who the hell can stand up to the powers of IBB when he comes ranting? Gosh no frigging body. and we are all here talking of kalu and south-south. they all have this thing covered they have planned it they are all taking it one after the other. OBJ to the rest of the world is like a democratic sasam huseein that has good intentions . you know what i mean by that? the world fears him they know he cnt go against  his yes. if he says so. an xample is charles taylor. someother presido out of good faith and love of whating a good face for the rest of tghe world will simply have hnded over charles when that was not OBJ and the US agreement.lets afce the fact the guy is good it cngt take him a day to make all things better. i raed in the paper today what i cnt remember when we had such it reads and i quote"external reseves hits $27.08b" . well lets c who has ever made  so much so fast. that throne is tempting cause it has so much goodies. what we need is someone that is agile,fast, strict, fearsome,rigid,highly respected in the international community politically and WHO THE HECK HAS THAT CHARACTERISTICS apart from OBJ and IBB. who we obviously dnt want and dnt tell me donald duke or kalu or dora or s**t cause they aint gat game on that thone i maintain that.politics have changed. we have to change too. with the whole cia this and america that today tomorow dnt you know its a game.who can stnd them and bounce them back? am proud to b a nigerian. and nobody should please make me laugh by saying GANI. cause right now am as serious as a ..................
Re: Who The Heck Is As Capable As Obasanjo? by femmie(m): 4:02pm On Jan 09, 2006
pendelite, i laugh what u dnt know is that no b OBJ thy do this things na delegates. xmaple they banned 5alive from nigeria for nigerian juice to sell. u know wetin happen coke got the rights and started producing 5alive now tell me who can stop them? who signed the rights? shey na OBJ? thinkg brother. the guy is unlucky that most of all his delegates are corrupt.
Re: Who The Heck Is As Capable As Obasanjo? by pendelite(f): 5:15pm On Jan 09, 2006
I think you will agree with me who needs to lighten up?
First as you suggesting that it was OBJ’s policies that caused a double digit growth in external reserves? If you do, some of us are not easily sold on such fantasy. I agree that it was put to good use reducing the debt burden, however there are also other national priorities that need to be addressed such as health and wealth.

You will not read any post of mine where I offer any candidate be it Akinyuli, Kalu, Duke etc, even though some of them have demonstrated their patriotism beyond doubt. On the other hand to suggest that it is the messengers that botched the initiatives is to pass the buck. Who appointed and keeps the clowns subverting OBJ’s efforts or he is not responsible for those he hires?

So Femmie are you suggesting that no-one else can rule Nigeria but OBJ? Please stop smoking that stuff, its affecting your judgment and vision. Please read my thread on what OBJ should do somewhere else at Nairaland. His time is almost up, he had better tell us who he will like to succeed him then we can decide if we like the person or not. As for IBB, he’s a Nigerian and can put himself up for election like everyone else and when the time comes, we the people will decide. A little faith goes a long way; if you sit in your house on Election Day, don’t blame anyone for the result.
Re: Who The Heck Is As Capable As Obasanjo? by femmie(m): 6:36pm On Jan 09, 2006
pendelite i aint saying that only OBJ but am just saying that right now we just gat to wait and c cause those dudes are still running the show and for now just b frank with ur self we cant do nada. please be realistic and sit down and knbow that this thing is realistic. they run the show. do u really think if IBB says he will win we can stop him/ hell no we cnt. right now its just sitdown and watch.
Re: Who The Heck Is As Capable As Obasanjo? by pendelite(f): 7:21pm On Jan 09, 2006
You will not find me in the spectators chair, if IBB says he will run and (we don’t want him) we will work against him, if OBJ says he wont go, we will also work against him. Just you wait and see 

If he continues as gentleman he just might get a favorable review in the history books

Life is not a movie grin
Re: Who The Heck Is As Capable As Obasanjo? by silver(m): 7:34pm On Jan 09, 2006
At the moment i dont thing anyone is as capable as obj,but how many ppl have been given d chance 2 govern this country?
Re: Who The Heck Is As Capable As Obasanjo? by silver(m): 8:00pm On Jan 09, 2006
silver:

At the moment i don't thing anyone is as capable as obj,but how many people have been  given  d chance 2 govern this country?
Re: Who The Heck Is As Capable As Obasanjo? by femmie(m): 8:30am On Jan 12, 2006
hey, am not saying there is nobody that cnt am just saying we have not seen that person yet and am not seduced by OBJ's increase in our xternal reserve but am just saying the guy is good.and moreover the dude has said nothing about third term its just that he has said nothing yet that its giving pple the idea that he has something up his sleve but assure you if he trully has somethng under his sleve its not a third term bid.
Re: Who The Heck Is As Capable As Obasanjo? by badman(m): 5:20pm On Jan 13, 2006
If not Okotie then it must be me. grin grin
Re: Who The Heck Is As Capable As Obasanjo? by DoubleRevv(m): 6:15pm On Jan 17, 2006
big question: Who The Heck Is As Capable As Obasanjo?

Non of us has big marks like him,
non can compare to his matchless sarcasm
oh ye of little faith.
knoweth thee not that DoubleRevv is the man for I have spread mine eyes from the hills to the plains, I sought for one as able as me, and yet I saw none.
vote me!

who delivers 11 times out of 10?
DoubleRevv.
Yeah, you got it.

I think I should see a psychiatrist.
Re: Who The Heck Is As Capable As Obasanjo? by dejiolowe: 6:54pm On Jan 17, 2006
ok. will someone vote for me? I can do better than obj.
Re: Who The Heck Is As Capable As Obasanjo? by DoubleRevv(m): 6:58pm On Jan 17, 2006
so who will nairalanders vote between DoubleRevv, Dejiolowe and badman..me
Re: Who The Heck Is As Capable As Obasanjo? by pendelite(f): 7:37pm On Jan 17, 2006
why are you limiting the vote a la Nigerian style. Vote for me toooooooooo

My promise:

1. I will crackdown on everyone that is corrupt, not only those that are my enemies.
2. I will not serve more than one term. I am faster than Abdulsalam
3. I am unimpeachable because I will honor my obligations, I will share the bounty.
4. I will assure the end of military rule. I will disband the army
5. There will be no disturbance on the road, all policemen will let go.
6. I will not travel abroad for treatment, I will travel to my village for Babalawo since there are no good hospitals
7. Don’t worry anymore about NEPA, we don’t need them, we have kerosene.
8. Don’t worry about the cost of GSM, it is not for the poor man, maybe if we improve the economy there will be no poor men/women
9. We do not need Nigerian Airways and Virgin can go home. Naijaman was not meant to fly. Don’t you remember the elephant that was Nigerian Airways and an African animal?
10. With respect to 9 above, I will save significant amounts on Nigeria’s revenue but traveling by road. That will also limit the number of travels.
11. Who needs a Vice President when one man can do the job? After-all no-one advises me.
12. Lastly you can save the cost of first lady and her programs, I am a single man.

Need I say more

Vote for Me Pendelite 2007
Re: Who The Heck Is As Capable As Obasanjo? by femmie(m): 7:38am On Jan 18, 2006
DoubleRevv:

big question: Who The Heck Is As Capable As Obasanjo?

Non of us has big marks like him,
non can compare to his matchless sarcasm
oh ye of little faith.
knoweth thee not that DoubleRevv is the man for I have spread mine eyes from the hills to the plains, I sought for one as able as me, and yet I saw none.
vote me!

who delivers 11 times out of 10?
DoubleRevv.
Yeah, you got it.

I think I should see a psychiatrist.
i think you definately need one.
DoubleRevv:

so who will Nairaland users vote between DoubleRevv, Dejiolowe and badman..me
i think i will vote for myself rather than any of you fellas
pendelite:

why are you limiting the vote a la Nigerian style. Vote for me toooooooooo

My promise:

1. I will crackdown on everyone that is corrupt, not only those that are my enemies.
2. I will not serve more than one term. I am faster than Abdulsalam
3. I am unimpeachable because I will honor my obligations, I will share the bounty.
4. I will assure the end of military rule. I will disband the army
5. There will be no disturbance on the road, all policemen will let go.
6. I will not travel abroad for treatment, I will travel to my village for Babalawo since there are no good hospitals
7. Don’t worry anymore about NEPA, we don’t need them, we have kerosene.
8. Don’t worry about the cost of GSM, it is not for the poor man, maybe if we improve the economy there will be no poor men/women
9. We do not need Nigerian Airways and Virgin can go home. Naijaman was not meant to fly. Don’t you remember the elephant that was Nigerian Airways and an African animal?
10. With respect to 9 above, I will save significant amounts on Nigeria’s revenue but traveling by road. That will also limit the number of travels.
11. Who needs a Vice President when one man can do the job? After-all no-one advises me.
12. Lastly you can save the cost of first lady and her programs, I am a single man.

Need I say more

Vote for Me Pendelite 2007
i dey xpect when u go declare ur mandate
Re: Who The Heck Is As Capable As Obasanjo? by dblock(m): 2:43am On Jan 22, 2006
@ femmie, saying that know one else is capable of ruling is just fear talking. Nigeria left the military ways in 99 or should I say 98 anyways I think ur afraid of Nigeria returning to its dictator and millitary ways so you want OBJ to stay for as long as possible, OBJ isn't the best president but he sure keeps the nation away for the corrupt leaders out there. If i speak the truth and u are indeed afraid then vote for Basketmouth or Donald Duke
Re: Who The Heck Is As Capable As Obasanjo? by dblock(m): 2:46am On Jan 22, 2006
Speaking about been president I'll run for president in 2030 i'll surelly win cos then i would already have been famous and popular with the people
Re: Who The Heck Is As Capable As Obasanjo? by pendelite(f): 3:49pm On Jan 22, 2006
I like you dblock, you wont get in my way for 2007 but what will make you so popular and by 2030? Wow ok, Anyway hang with us and I just might handover to you by then grin
Re: Who The Heck Is As Capable As Obasanjo? by dblock(m): 6:44am On Jan 23, 2006
It's a long story Pendalite
Re: Who The Heck Is As Capable As Obasanjo? by femmie(m): 8:59am On Jan 23, 2006
@dblock, hell no am not talking out of fear. even if i am to speak the truth hear which u know what nigeria needs is a good military guy cause we are a stubborn bunch. and am only speaking out of the curent politics been played that we all know abt.
Re: Who The Heck Is As Capable As Obasanjo? by dblock(m): 10:48am On Jan 23, 2006
Whoa

Homeless In America, Whose Fault Is It? / Five (5) Main Dresses A Woman Should Wear In Her Lifetime. / The Real Truth About Biafra

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54