Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,740 members, 7,820,547 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:52 PM

Court Forces Man To Accept Baby That Wife Agrees Belongs To Someone Else - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Court Forces Man To Accept Baby That Wife Agrees Belongs To Someone Else (18557 Views)

What Should We Do To A Baby That Refuses To Cry / Can You Breastfeed A Baby That's Not Yours? / Mother Refuses To Breastfeed Her Newborn Baby That Looks Like A Masquerade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Forces Man To Accept Baby That Wife Agrees Belongs To Someone Else by charlesobike(m): 5:58am On Aug 30, 2018
midolian:
If not for anything, one should always thank God that we don't need lawyers or judges to make heaven

We sure will be judged to make heaven.
Re: Court Forces Man To Accept Baby That Wife Agrees Belongs To Someone Else by AnanseK(m): 6:23am On Aug 30, 2018
Mgbadike80:
nonsense, the judge just worsened the whole issue, at worse, the man would relocate to the southern part of the country. leaving the girl and her baby to themselves. some women are just heartless. Forcing a bastard on a man.

Shari’a Law is meant to protect the weak and the society. The weak being protected here is the baby. What the judge is saying is that the man has to adopt the baby for the benefit of the society and also to avoid the breakdown of a marriage obviously consented to by both parties despite the pregnancy.

1 Like

Re: Court Forces Man To Accept Baby That Wife Agrees Belongs To Someone Else by Pearl05(f): 6:27am On Aug 30, 2018
4601CE:
Women .
Chai. This Aisha Buhari nor be like our First Lady.
The man sef no try . You discovered your wife is pregnant 2 weeks into marriage and nor be you get am. But you continue to fukk her .
Aboki will always be Aboki

He wanted to recoup all he spent during the wedding. Not knowing that it will backfire.

Last last he will poison the child . No be Aboki(friend) again?

1 Like

Re: Court Forces Man To Accept Baby That Wife Agrees Belongs To Someone Else by AnanseK(m): 6:28am On Aug 30, 2018
onegig:
People just jump on threads.
The judge was right to make him the guardian of the kid. She was pregnant when he got married to her. He can't abdicate responsibilities now that the kid is born.
There are a thousand things that Judges consider before ruling in a case. People should also remember that judges tend to rule on what would be the best for the kid and nit the parents.He must have looked at the Mum's financial capabilities and considered the kid is best served being raised by the two.

The most sensible response here, well done. But please don’t be referring to children and babies as “Kids” all the time, this American English is spoiling our heritage. Children are “children” or “babies” (when they are very young). They are not “kids”.

1 Like

Re: Court Forces Man To Accept Baby That Wife Agrees Belongs To Someone Else by davidodiba(m): 6:48am On Aug 30, 2018
I observed this sometimes ago and nobody seemed to be on the same page with me. Can you imagine here on Nairaland, Muslims are treated so quite differently from Christians and herbalists and atheists?! It is a microcosm of what's happening in the society.

The owner's of Nairaland must stop this ...Muslims are free to comment on Christian threads and others but no one is fire to comment on theirs. This nonsense must stop.
Cc:
Seun
Lala
Whoever...

2 Likes

Re: Court Forces Man To Accept Baby That Wife Agrees Belongs To Someone Else by mfm04622: 6:52am On Aug 30, 2018
KingSatan:
Nigeria! A very confused Nation.

Colonized by the Brits.
But many schools in Abuja uses the American curriculum.

We claim to be a sovereign state but yet we Practice a dual judicial system. One of which was born out of a certain religion and belief. A judicial system made for a certain kind of people who subscribe to a certain kind of faith.

If the Christians ask for their own courts now, some will cry a river and threaten fire and brimstone.

Most people are against State policing but they forget that there is an active Policing system in the north called the "Sharia Police".

All they do is enforce sharia laws and protect their sharia constitution which includes "No beers in the North". But they forget that the bailout funds they enjoy are proceeds of VAT remitted by the manufacturers on each bottle of beer.

It's a pity.

Nigeria is a ticking time bomb.

They are so divided.

What judicial system do you think we are using? LOL
Re: Court Forces Man To Accept Baby That Wife Agrees Belongs To Someone Else by KingSatan: 6:56am On Aug 30, 2018
mfm04622:

What judicial system do you think we are using? LOL

I know we adopted the British judicial system. What i meant was the establishment of a judicial system based on the core values of Christianity just as the Muslims have a Sharia system.
Re: Court Forces Man To Accept Baby That Wife Agrees Belongs To Someone Else by KingSatan: 6:58am On Aug 30, 2018
drlateef:

Our judicial system is based on British common law that is derived from Christian cannon law. Just informing you.

I meant the establishment of a judicial system based on the core values of Christianity.
Re: Court Forces Man To Accept Baby That Wife Agrees Belongs To Someone Else by fortune1894(m): 7:04am On Aug 30, 2018
d judgement just created a war zone in d family which can lead to murder the child should b given to its real father n minimized contact with the pained husband as of now d baby n d mom r not safe even d husband is not safe from being poisoned they should b allowed to separate if they fall out of love n not force dem on each other
Re: Court Forces Man To Accept Baby That Wife Agrees Belongs To Someone Else by Nobody: 7:12am On Aug 30, 2018
midolian:
If not for anything, one should always thank God that we don't need lawyers or judges to make heaven
Don't mind these nonsense kangaroo courts filled in Nigeria.
Re: Court Forces Man To Accept Baby That Wife Agrees Belongs To Someone Else by Massdamm(m): 7:15am On Aug 30, 2018
coolscott:

Buhari stands with what the judge says because by president Buhari's own confession, he stands with sharia.

tor..

all I know is dat Sai baba till 2023
Re: Court Forces Man To Accept Baby That Wife Agrees Belongs To Someone Else by babayinka77(m): 7:22am On Aug 30, 2018
Oma307:
after God, fear woman. in a nutshell he has to take care of the baby, he has no knowledge of, from his wife.
but I was told that Hausa lady are decent to the core especially the Muslim. I was thinking of marrying from them since I have no privilege to date their lady. with this I am thinking of reversing my statement
it seems you didn't read the story at all.

you -------- " in a nutshell he has to take care of the baby, he has no knowledge of"

the story answers you---------- "Musa could not now deny paternity of the baby after knowledge of his wife ’ s pregnancy two weeks after their marriage .“In Islam , when one suspects his wife of infidelity and is in doubt of the legitimacy of her pregnancy , he must raise alarm and inform his (own ) guardian and that of his wife immediately.“ But when a man continues having marital affairs with his wife even after the knowledge of the pregnancy , without showing contempt , then it means he has accepted the pregnancy .

1 Like

Re: Court Forces Man To Accept Baby That Wife Agrees Belongs To Someone Else by pek(m): 7:25am On Aug 30, 2018
onegig:
People just jump on threads.

The judge was right to make him the guardian of the kid. She was pregnant when he got married to her. He can't abdicate responsibilities now that the kid is born.

There are a thousand things that Judges consider before ruling in a case. People should also remember that judges tend to rule on what would be the best for the kid and nit the parents.He must have looked at the Mum's financial capabilities and considered the kid is best served being raised by the two.
You just said what I have in mind. The judge is 100% right since the man was aware of the pregnancy prior to marriage. Wonder why some people are crying infidelity here.

1 Like

Re: Court Forces Man To Accept Baby That Wife Agrees Belongs To Someone Else by pek(m): 7:29am On Aug 30, 2018
davidodiba:
I observed this sometimes ago and nobody seemed to be on the same page with me. Can you im of what's happening in the society.

Cc:
Seun
Lala
Whoever...
Sometime ago not sometimes ago.
Re: Court Forces Man To Accept Baby That Wife Agrees Belongs To Someone Else by Cantonese: 7:30am On Aug 30, 2018
Perfect judgement by the court. Even in some cultures and tradition, so long as the dowry paid is not returned by the woman's family all children born by the woman belong to the husband. It can be quite painful but it is the reality. Men have to learn to do things the right way and very fast too so that issues like this can be dealt with before they become controversial.

2 Likes

Re: Court Forces Man To Accept Baby That Wife Agrees Belongs To Someone Else by chillychill(f): 7:31am On Aug 30, 2018
malakaimoscondo:
women will be predominant in hellfire i wish u knw this.man done suffer for una hand.

As if d females didn't suffer from d men hands too undecided.. Predominant or not(I don't believe u though without a strong evidence) we all re not perfect abeg undecided
Re: Court Forces Man To Accept Baby That Wife Agrees Belongs To Someone Else by Mgbadike80: 7:50am On Aug 30, 2018
AnanseK:

Shari’a Law is meant to protect the weak and the society. The weak being protected here is the baby. What the judge is saying is that the man has to adopt the baby for the benefit of the society and also to avoid the breakdown of a marriage obviously consented to by both parties despite the pregnancy.
may the same fate befall you and your sons and grandsons to the sixth generation.
Re: Court Forces Man To Accept Baby That Wife Agrees Belongs To Someone Else by Makanjuola89: 7:56am On Aug 30, 2018
KingSatan:

Colonized by the Brits.

We claim to be a sovereign state but yet we Practice a dual judicial system (Western and Sharia).

If the Christians ask for their own courts now ( I mean the establishment of a judicial system based on the core values of Christianity) some will cry a river and threaten fire and brimstone.

Can a Christian be the chief judge in a sharia court? the answer is NO!

Can a Muslim be a chief judge in the Supreme court of Nigeria? The answer is yes!

What hypocrisy!

If there could be such division and bias in their judicial system, how then do you think Nigeria has a future?

Most people are against State policing but they forget that there is an active Policing system in the north called the "Sharia Police".

All they do is enforce sharia laws and protect their sharia constitution which includes "No beers in the North". But they forget that the bailout funds they enjoy are proceeds of VAT remitted by the manufacturers on each bottle of beer.

It's a pity.

They are so divided.
There cant be a christian court because there is no basis for it in the bible. Islam is guided by principles and laws whereas Christianity is not. I stand to be corrected tho.
Re: Court Forces Man To Accept Baby That Wife Agrees Belongs To Someone Else by ibitzbarlow(m): 8:04am On Aug 30, 2018
milemimi93:
I'd rather die than be in a relationship with a woman.

Fvck Love.

A gay is spotted here......
Re: Court Forces Man To Accept Baby That Wife Agrees Belongs To Someone Else by Nobody: 8:18am On Aug 30, 2018
Re: Court Forces Man To Accept Baby That Wife Agrees Belongs To Someone Else by mfm04622: 8:41am On Aug 30, 2018
KingSatan:

I know we adopted the British judicial system. What i meant was the establishment of a judicial system based on the core values of Christianity just as the Muslims have a Sharia system.

What do you think the British Judicial System is based on?
Re: Court Forces Man To Accept Baby That Wife Agrees Belongs To Someone Else by Rajosh(m): 8:42am On Aug 30, 2018
Oma307:
after God, fear woman. in a nutshell he has to take care of the baby, he has no knowledge of, from his wife.
but I was told that Hausa lady are decent to the core especially the Muslim. I was thinking of marrying from them since I have no privilege to date their lady. with this I am thinking of reversing my statement
The difference between northern Ladies and Western/Eastern or southern ladies is that the northern ladies are good at masking their deeds. they are not bold doing stuff openly like others.
Re: Court Forces Man To Accept Baby That Wife Agrees Belongs To Someone Else by Nobody: 8:45am On Aug 30, 2018
Rajosh:
The difference between northern Ladies and Western/Eastern or southern ladies is that the northern ladies are good at masking their deeds. they are not bold doing stuff openly like others.
my brother from another mother I greet you. One United Igala
Re: Court Forces Man To Accept Baby That Wife Agrees Belongs To Someone Else by aduje(m): 8:53am On Aug 30, 2018
KingSatan:

Colonized by the Brits.

We claim to be a sovereign state but yet we Practice a dual judicial system (Western and Sharia).

If the Christians ask for their own courts now ( I mean the establishment of a judicial system based on the core values of Christianity) some will cry a river and threaten fire and brimstone.

Can a Muslim be a chief judge in the Supreme court of Nigeria? The answer is yes!

What hypocrisy!

If there could be such division and bias in their judicial system, how then do you think Nigeria has a future?

It's a pity.

They are so divided.

Award winning Comment....#thumbsupforyou
Re: Court Forces Man To Accept Baby That Wife Agrees Belongs To Someone Else by zakari247(m): 9:06am On Aug 30, 2018
KingSatan:

Colonized by the Brits.

What hypocrisy!

It's a pity.

They are so divided.
my friend I think you should get your fact right before making incorrect assertions. first and foremost, before the coming of the Brits. Northern Nigeria was already civilized with a system of governance and jurisprudence. after the creation of Nigeria a constitution was enacted and judiciary evolved to protect it but does these constitution negate the preexisting form of jurisprudence? the answer is no. same applies the uka's law of the igbo land. almost all tradition in Nigeria today have a law and a method they apply to them but yet that does no negate the constitutionality of the Nigerian system. to remained you the supreme court does not belong to Christian or Muslim it belongs to the federal republic of Nigeria. if you want a Christian cannon law or a cannon court of law, why not nobody stops you I think the Christians need a that too to allow for a quick dispensation of Justice and allow the Nigerian court to deal with more pressing matters. but can that be possible given the many denominations of Christians, whom will lead the courts, is it a Catholics, Anglican, or the Pentecostals or maybe the Mammon's how about the Jehovah witnesses. I think the biggest opposition against a cannon court or law are the Christians. so man the problem here are the Christians not Muslims or the sharia court.
Re: Court Forces Man To Accept Baby That Wife Agrees Belongs To Someone Else by Rajosh(m): 9:25am On Aug 30, 2018
Oma307:

my brother from another mother I greet you. One United Igala
I greet you too bro.
One United Igala
Re: Court Forces Man To Accept Baby That Wife Agrees Belongs To Someone Else by ifyain: 9:29am On Aug 30, 2018
There is nothing wrong with the judgement, once you are legally married according to most African tradition any child born by your wife automatically is yours period.
Re: Court Forces Man To Accept Baby That Wife Agrees Belongs To Someone Else by Oreofepeters: 9:41am On Aug 30, 2018
islamabad
Re: Court Forces Man To Accept Baby That Wife Agrees Belongs To Someone Else by Nobody: 10:18am On Aug 30, 2018
KingSatan:

Colonized by the Brits.

What hypocrisy!

It's a pity.

They are so divided.
trash

Re: Court Forces Man To Accept Baby That Wife Agrees Belongs To Someone Else by AnanseK(m): 11:25am On Aug 30, 2018
Mgbadike80:
may the same fate befall you and your sons and grandsons to the sixth generation.

May your kettle not boil, may you axe not cut, may you be afflicted with the itch and have no nails to scratch with. And may you be a guest of the 12 devils.nonsense.
Re: Court Forces Man To Accept Baby That Wife Agrees Belongs To Someone Else by clumsydyna: 11:46am On Aug 30, 2018
KingSatan:

Colonized by the Brits.

What hypocrisy!

It's a pity.

They are so divided.
I am impressed, you didn't even claim to be behind the wife's act of hiding her pregnancy from the fiance cum husband, let alone hardening the heart of the husband. shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Nairalander Needs Ur Help On A Yoruba Poem For His Mom's Birthday VERY URGENT / Should He Forgive His Brother Who Abandoned Them After He Got A Job? / A Nairalander Mother And Son Celebrate Birthday Same Day And Share Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.