Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,825 members, 7,824,441 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

Peter Obi: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Cried To Governors Not To Share Money, They Did - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Cried To Governors Not To Share Money, They Did (27369 Views)

2023: G5 Governors Not Dead, We Won’t Disclose Election Strategy - Wike / Tinubu’s Fake Bishops Share Money After Their Appearance - Reno Omokri (Video) / FFK Released Video Of Kids Hours After Chinwendu Cried To See Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Cried To Governors Not To Share Money, They Did by AlphaStyles(m): 10:20am On Aug 30, 2018
Bizibi:
you don't need them to reveal their names,all the govs are guilty,both present(serving 2nd term) and ex govs.....
we need some kind of fbi style of investigation over here the corruption is too much
Re: Peter Obi: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Cried To Governors Not To Share Money, They Did by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 10:21am On Aug 30, 2018
embarassed
Re: Peter Obi: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Cried To Governors Not To Share Money, They Did by PVision2020(m): 10:21am On Aug 30, 2018
Mr Obi, i agreed that the states collected their shares (which is less than 50% of the total), what happened to the almost 60% share of the FG. It went through Dasuki, Oduah gate and all the other several gates abi? GEJ will be remembered for being a weak and corruption supporting leader.

My problem with him was that he himself no too chop o, na the goats wey him carry full body chop the yam pass.

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Cried To Governors Not To Share Money, They Did by Softhands(m): 10:24am On Aug 30, 2018
This isn't dwelling in the past, this is a wreckage that will affect children yet unborn...you don't seem to get it.
nrexzy:
Dwelling in the past
Re: Peter Obi: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Cried To Governors Not To Share Money, They Did by iammo(m): 10:24am On Aug 30, 2018
Nwaohafia1:

It wasn't Jonathan, even though, i don't like him. It was Amaechi, the head of Governor's forum. I was fully aware of what transpired then
. I know he was ganged up by the new APC saints people like oshiomole and fashola. but he could have deployed all necessary tools to get them in line. even if he had to involve the media. its the same media the apc guys are now using to make it seem like he spent all the money we could have saved

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Cried To Governors Not To Share Money, They Did by Lomprico2: 10:25am On Aug 30, 2018
Oshiomole was spearheading d sharing

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Cried To Governors Not To Share Money, They Did by Uzzih: 10:31am On Aug 30, 2018
Nigerians fell for the Apc propaganda,some of the are in self denial. South west media played a major role. They divided the country wider along ethnic and religious lines.

Nigerians demanded for a golden calf. Now they have started another campaign using the same old kwaraption

We need a more dynamic and futuristic thinking president.

Nigerians stop falling for cheap ethnic and religious biases. Only fools does that.

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Cried To Governors Not To Share Money, They Did by Arysexy(m): 10:34am On Aug 30, 2018
Present day APC bastards were the champions of share the sovereign wealth.

Today they are still sharing in the name of bailout funds and keep plunging the nation to more debts and poverty

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Cried To Governors Not To Share Money, They Did by madridsta007(m): 10:38am On Aug 30, 2018
post=70737594:
PDP?!
NEVER AGAIN!

That is what you get when you have a weak PRESIDENT.
Bunch of buffons!

It is sad bro.

Now we have to opt for what is worse: A LIFELESS president.
God will help Nigeria.
Re: Peter Obi: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Cried To Governors Not To Share Money, They Did by Trendirabingi: 10:40am On Aug 30, 2018
dahmie2013:
Dis man seems confused, 2day he says A 2moro B. Where do u stand Peter Obi?
u are more confused dan urself. wen ppl say the truth, demons like u are on stand by to fight n insult them. The true manifestation of satan lies in most of u here in nairaland. I have never witnessed d kind of individuals i observe here..what exactly wrong has that man stated that the very country ur kinsmen have destroyed is not experiencing.... Just mechie onu gi..simple..

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Cried To Governors Not To Share Money, They Did by PVision2020(m): 10:44am On Aug 30, 2018
iammo:
. I know he was ganged up by the new APC saints people like oshiomole and fashola. but he could have deployed all necessary tools to get them in line. even if he had to involve the media. its the same media the apc guys are now using to make it seem like he spent all the money we could have saved
There wasn't any gang up, the governors noticed that the sovereign wealth account keeps reducing monthly at FEC meetings with no tangible reason for the reduction, that's why the governor's (who are ~70% PDP) asked that their own share of the money be giving to them.
Also what happened to the over 50% share of the FG?
Simple answer: it went through the several gates (Dasuki, Oduah, Dokpesi etc)

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Cried To Governors Not To Share Money, They Did by mrdan(m): 10:47am On Aug 30, 2018
Everyone keeps blaming the Governors alone. The fund was supposed to be a collaboration between the federal and state governments.

If the state demanded the release of funds that are their own share in the venture which is to be used for projects, expenditure in their states, then i do not see any reason not to release it if there's no binding agreement preventing that.

Also what of the federal government part of the fund, what happened to it and why is non of these politicians asking questions about how the federal government used its own part of the fund. They could as well saved theirs for the expected rainy day.

Federal funds are for federal projects and expenditures while states funds is for their states use. So is the federal government saying they needed the states funds to be able to carry out things to do with federal expenditures.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Cried To Governors Not To Share Money, They Did by Dreamkiller: 10:48am On Aug 30, 2018
that money belonged to the state. the FG shd nt force anyone to put money in their stupid SOVEREIGN WEALTH FUND. it shd be my choice to put money in the bank nt someone forcing me. Note that ur money in the bank isnt yours anymo.
Re: Peter Obi: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Cried To Governors Not To Share Money, They Did by olaolaking: 10:51am On Aug 30, 2018
iammo:
Jonathan was just too meek
week
Re: Peter Obi: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Cried To Governors Not To Share Money, They Did by Bizibi(m): 10:53am On Aug 30, 2018
AlphaStyles:
we need some kind of fbi style of investigation over here the corruption is too much
fg released heavy monies to them every year infact govs are the main problem, we are always focused on fg thereby ignoring our governor's stupidity in our states.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Cried To Governors Not To Share Money, They Did by AlphaStyles(m): 11:01am On Aug 30, 2018
Bizibi:
fg released heavy monies to them every year infact govs are the main problem, we are always focused on fg thereby ignoring our governor's stupidity in our states.
true especially this oyo state gov chai i dy weep o
Re: Peter Obi: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Cried To Governors Not To Share Money, They Did by victrick105: 11:09am On Aug 30, 2018
one day, those countries that have lent Nigeria money will come asking for it, and when they don't get it, they will Sell this country and take the money...and that's how millions of Nigerians will be made country-less.
This politicians have finished this country. cry
Re: Peter Obi: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Cried To Governors Not To Share Money, They Did by AK481(m): 11:10am On Aug 30, 2018
SarkinYarki:
And we all remember it was Ameachi the led the clamour to share Nigerias savings and today APC dolts consider him a saint

God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Cried To Governors Not To Share Money, They Did by Nobody: 11:10am On Aug 30, 2018
Peter Obi should have kept quiet. He is trying to defend himself & Madam Ngozi Okonjo - Iweala for the worst economic management and vengeance looting of the treasury by their people. What saved them is Emefiele at the CBN.

Peter Obi is a Senior Economic Adviser to Jonathan in addition to his being Anambra State governor. With the massive looting & operations of parallel accounts by NNPC & the cry of looting by Sanusi as CBN governor before he became Emir, there is no way the governors will not go to court, otherwise, they will lose out entirely.

Peter Obi , madam okonjo - iweala & others while oil price was increasing were busy borrowing money putting Nigeria in debt. El - rufai, Sanusi as CBN governor, some renowned economists had argued against borrowing money when crude is selling at high price. They were celebrating Nigeria as the best economy in Africa to cover up looting. To test Nigeria economic resilience, the oil price fell, those people shouting Nigeria is the best economy in Africa had to borrow to pay salary before handing over to Buhari.

The worse thing, they emptied the treasury, made few strategic appointments after losing election instead of preparing handover notes to cover up loopholes. The Excess Crude oil Account that made the governors went to court still had money before the election. After handover, Oshiomhole drew buhari attention to money in ECA, huge amount has disappeared. Madam wrote from US that GEJ gave her approval to use the money to pay oil marketers subsidy. Approval without NEC, FAAC & other bodies knowledge. That was a deal. Thank God, Peter Obi might have invested part of his own in SABmiller owner of International Breweries which invested in Nigeria to generate employment.

He is not qualified to make any analysis on the economy as an adviser of Jonathan on economy, they depleted reserve inherited from Obj by almost $25 billion. They did not save one kobo despite selling crude at high price for many years. Roads in the South East is bad, contractors were owed billions of money . They left Nigeria with nothing but debt & recession. What analysis is he now making?

5 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Cried To Governors Not To Share Money, They Did by Nobody: 11:11am On Aug 30, 2018
I voted out a nuisance only to end up voting a disaster!.... nig is irredeemable!
Re: Peter Obi: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Cried To Governors Not To Share Money, They Did by Trunaijian: 11:12am On Aug 30, 2018
TEYA:
Norway with an excess crude account of worth over one trillion dollars has secured future generations for a post-peak-oil era, while docile Nigerians hail and defend leaders that use their crude oil proceeds to buy houses and exotic cars. When are we going to get smart in this country? If the issue is raised we turn it into ethnic, religious and partisan politics. We in Nigeria live in a circular tunnel that has no lighted end. We well deserve the rogues we have as leaders, with the current attitude we exhibit, i see no chance of us electing good leaders and even if by fluke we elect good people into power, we will either force them to become evil or kill them with our insatiable quest for evil deeds.

I agree completely. One of our bane is Ethiopic and religious sentiments and or affiliation. We don’t love ourselves. We only pretend to do so when there are gains. Unfortunate. We still differentiate ourselves as northerner, easterner, westerner and the likes. This is a problem because it l ads to marginalisation. We are Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Cried To Governors Not To Share Money, They Did by AnanseK(m): 11:13am On Aug 30, 2018
izombie:
nope, jonathan is not a dictator. What is wrong with nigerians sef?

And he was not a leader. “The ineffectual buffoon”

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Cried To Governors Not To Share Money, They Did by mapet: 11:18am On Aug 30, 2018
Afamed:
Did Dasuki also influence the government to share the Treasury during the election? Peter Obi is known as an advocate of narratives that favour his personal interest.

I lost virtually all the respect I had for him watching him on Channels yesterday. Peter Obi was just twisting and falsifying narratives to suite his motives and he was found out by Anjuru (Channels' TV co-anchor). Peter Obi made a blatant false submission that this FG's borrowing for consumption..... I was like "Yepa" where did Obi get this from? Obi gave many false stats; he said number Out-of-School Children is 13m+. He said a state in Nigeria had on 27 students who registered and sat for WAEC. He said the economy was not growing according to stats. Then he was challenged to state the source of his stats. He stated "blabering" at first. Then he said something that sounded like "If you want, I can show you later....". Anjuru now gave him the latest GDP figures per sector, gave him the authentic stats on the number of out-of-school children which was taken in 2014 and adopted by the UN. Anjuru further pointed to him that since the HGSFP, the number of out-of-school children had evidently dropped. Then Peter Obi came with a petty argument that "the number dropped because the children are just going to school to eat".

When Anjuru pressed further to challenge him to same the source of his stats.... he now mentioned the words of an UBEC offical in Vanguard newspaper........ I was like, am I watching the real Peter Obi or a subterfuge. For me, the moment you attempt to use or use fraudulent means to try to achieve your goal, you've lost me.

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Cried To Governors Not To Share Money, They Did by BeijinDossier: 11:23am On Aug 30, 2018
Agu dowaaa gi agba. Why not mention your worthless and use gov Okoroawusa.

Peter Obi is the best thing to happen to the SE and Nigeria as a whole.

[s]
Chiwude:
Peter Obi is shameless. A man that stands for nothing is worst than anything. Obi is a fraud and the South-East should be wary of him. Ekweremadu is far better than him.
[/s]
Re: Peter Obi: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Cried To Governors Not To Share Money, They Did by Wiseandtrue(f): 11:26am On Aug 30, 2018
Aonkuuse:
You are borrowing money and the issues that it was supposed to affect is not coming down. Unemployment is worsening. Our unemployment rate moved from 14.8% to 18.8% this year, which means more people have lost their jobs.

source: Governors shared billions despite Okonjo-Iweala’s plea to not impoverish Nigeria – Peter Obi

http://www.eagleee.com/detail?newsId=1322227
Re: Peter Obi: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Cried To Governors Not To Share Money, They Did by anonymous1759(m): 11:28am On Aug 30, 2018
izombie:
nope, jonathan is not a dictator. What is wrong with nigerians sef?
I prefer a gadaffi to jona. as long as you're serving the people being a dictator is not a crime. what's wrong with you too? some of our father's are dictators in our homes but in the end we see the benefits stop covering Jonathan he failed.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Cried To Governors Not To Share Money, They Did by Awoo88: 11:29am On Aug 30, 2018
dahmie2013:
Dis man seems confused, 2day he says A 2moro B. Where do u stand Peter Obi?
Name the A and B he said today and tomorrow.
Re: Peter Obi: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Cried To Governors Not To Share Money, They Did by Nobody: 11:36am On Aug 30, 2018
aolawale025:
The ring leaders are in APC today. They even went to court.
That Aregbesola of Osun State Was The one �crying and fighting up and down for them to share it after he plunged his state into debt. He is in APC and they said PDP never remembered to save. Though I am Pro APC.
Re: Peter Obi: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Cried To Governors Not To Share Money, They Did by mapet: 11:41am On Aug 30, 2018
Kulas:
Peter Obi, on Channels TV. Hear him

He debated a professor of economics in University Of Abuja and laid out solid points which earned him admiration and praises all over Nigerian media space. Except you want to be economical with the truth, the Prof. floored Obi on all counts. The Prof was factual, articulated and truthful. Something Obi was not on that session. Obi gave false data and when he was asked for the source of the data, he was beating about the bush

Here are 10 quotes from his debate on channels.

1. “ If a man has not created wealth. He cannot manage wealth “... ...and what makes this gospel? Because Obi said so? Some of you lots just mak/follow baseless assertion. Many Managing Directors of good companies inherited wealth already made and have gone ahead to make much more wealth while managing.

2. “Unemployment is worsening. In 2017 our unemployment ratio moved from 14.8% to 18.8% this year. This means that more people have lost their jobs. We can’t survive like this “. Unfortunately for both you and Peter Obi, this interpretation is wrong and shows your ignorance. The DG of NBS have explained that the unemployment stats, does not mean job losses alone. We have a situation where on the average about 4million people enter labour market on a yearly basis and the industry has no capacity to absorb them all.

3 “You are borrowing money and the issue it was supposed to affect is not coming down. Poverty is increasing , children out of school moved from 10 million to 12 million.Peter Obi was challenged to name the source of his data on the underlined and he wasn't able to give a credible evidence. He could only mentioned the words of a nameless UBEC official. Is UBEC official the certified repository of credible data?. If Peter Obi had been truthful, the recently released GDP numbers should have told him that transport sector(21.76%) and infrastructure sector (construction 7.66 %, Electricity 7.59%) had tremendous increase in growth. These are the major sectors monies was borrowed for

4. “ I remember Ngozi Okonjo Iweala crying everyday. Begging Us to save this monies for the rainy day. All the Governors disagreed. They said let us share it. Now we are borrowing to feed.” Peter Obi just shows here that he lack principle and will. So let us start with Why doesn't he own up to the fact that he was part of the governor's forum? Why doesn't he own up to the fact that the major reason why the governors clamoured to share the money was that the same Ngozi and GEJ were unilaterally spending money from the SWF without the knowledge and approval of the governors? Let's say the governors took their own 49%, pray tell, where is the 51% Ngozi and GEJ saved?

5 “ All I Know is that Governance has nothing to do with age. Today the Youngest Governor in Nigeria is an Unmitigated disaster”.

6. “ In a State in the North the number of children that sat for WAEC is 128. This state has about 5 million people. This is not acceptable “. Can either you or Peter Obi show tell us which state is this? WAEC publishes the stats on numbers of students registered per state on an annual basis from time immemorial. In the last 5years, there is no state in the country that ever had less than 5000 students registered for WAEC. Where did Peter Obi get his 128 from?

7. “ I don’t have any single property in this country outside Onitsha. If you see any property outside Onitsha and they say it belongs to Mr Peter Obi. Burn it! “

8. “ When you are borrowing for consumption. It gets to a stage when you cannot control it”. Peter Obi the hypocrite! who borrowed for consumption? Is it a government that borrowed for infrastructural development projects or the one that borrowed to pay salaries?

9. “ Nigerians cannot aim for sky scrapers when we cannot maintain simple toilets “

10. “ I cannot pay 250,000 for one night in a hotel. I wouldn’t sleep that night. I will feel like I have been robbed. “ It's high time he stops this hypocritical pious BS
Re: Peter Obi: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Cried To Governors Not To Share Money, They Did by purplekayc(m): 11:43am On Aug 30, 2018
Who is surprised?
Re: Peter Obi: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Cried To Governors Not To Share Money, They Did by bonnyhope: 11:45am On Aug 30, 2018
iammo:
Jonathan was just too meek
if jonatan had not obeyed court order, you would have been the first person to come here and say he is a dictator

Nigerians i pity for una
Re: Peter Obi: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Cried To Governors Not To Share Money, They Did by slivertongue: 11:48am On Aug 30, 2018
[quote author=iammo post=70737815]

Amaechi, Fashola &oda govs sud point 2wat dey did wit d moni insted of blaming GEJ

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

President Buhari Arrives Benin For Next Level Rally / Egypt To Deport 7 Nigerians Over End SARS Protest. / Herman Hembe's Tweet About Rape Of 81 Year Old Woman Goes Viral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.