Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,011 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

Nigerian Feminists Slam DJ Cuppy Over Her Comments On Their Movement - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nigerian Feminists Slam DJ Cuppy Over Her Comments On Their Movement (35729 Views)

See Person Wey Go Oxford – Social Media Users Slam DJ Cuppy Over Wrong Spelling / Actress Abidoun Adebimpe Apologize To Nigerians Over Her Comments On Baba Ijesha / Fans Slam DJ Cuppy Over Her Cooking Style (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Feminists Slam DJ Cuppy Over Her Comments On Their Movement by naturefellow(m): 4:19pm On Aug 30, 2018
sinaj:
I noticed that lots of feminist are divorcees, single ladies, jilted gfs, people in troubled relationship that just hide behind it to vent their anger against men with their conflicting opinion.
so cool this is coming from a f
Re: Nigerian Feminists Slam DJ Cuppy Over Her Comments On Their Movement by Sinach0191(m): 4:19pm On Aug 30, 2018
is there anything like Malinism
Re: Nigerian Feminists Slam DJ Cuppy Over Her Comments On Their Movement by Nobody: 4:19pm On Aug 30, 2018
femi4:
Dumbest! You think feminism is about right to vote or work as a woman. Its more mental and psycological than physical

Feminism is more mental and psychological? are you sure you know the meaning of feminism?

Dude the fact that you're stupid and you see women as inferiors doesn't mean you should jump on my mentions because I don't tolerate senseless mentions.

Jobless fool quoting people anyhow because they told you that you're equal to women. I don't know what's giving cowards like you the impression that you're superior to another gender.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Feminists Slam DJ Cuppy Over Her Comments On Their Movement by bigtt76(f): 4:19pm On Aug 30, 2018
cheesy Not worth all the wahala naaaa grin

BeeBeeOoh:
This auntie sef, you no like trouble cheesy
Re: Nigerian Feminists Slam DJ Cuppy Over Her Comments On Their Movement by BeeBeeOoh(m): 4:20pm On Aug 30, 2018
oluking:
Somebody enlighten me here! do feminist give blowjobs. undecided
No bro, na we dey blow them
Re: Nigerian Feminists Slam DJ Cuppy Over Her Comments On Their Movement by OliveCynosure(f): 4:21pm On Aug 30, 2018
I keep saying it. These E-feminists have taken it out of context. They're just bunch of misandrists hiding their distaste for men under the guise of feminism.
Re: Nigerian Feminists Slam DJ Cuppy Over Her Comments On Their Movement by BeeBeeOoh(m): 4:21pm On Aug 30, 2018
bigtt76:
cheesy Not worth all the wahala naaaa grin

I like your way cool
Re: Nigerian Feminists Slam DJ Cuppy Over Her Comments On Their Movement by pocohantas(f): 4:24pm On Aug 30, 2018
bigtt76:
Me I don talk my own ....until I can stand alone on Third Mainland Bridge in the wee hours of the night and change my flat tire when I have no spare or have no wheel spanner to do it .....I just keep my feminism within the four corners of my room undecided I nor fit shout

If you stay in Lagos, there is an emergency unit that handles such.

In the absence of that, everyone that drives should know the basics, like changing tyres. They should also have a spare tyre and tools.
It is common sense, not feminism smiley.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Feminists Slam DJ Cuppy Over Her Comments On Their Movement by FitnessHomme: 4:24pm On Aug 30, 2018
Re: Nigerian Feminists Slam DJ Cuppy Over Her Comments On Their Movement by Nobody: 4:24pm On Aug 30, 2018
darkchild64:
am I surprised,no,it is very shameful that women especially who are the ones to benefit majorly condemn it as well,Kanye West was right in a sense,every form of slavery is a choice,you people have turned Feminism to mean a different thing altogether, again I am not surprised, that is the typical Nigerian youth,s/he is not ready to study or reason,how many of you would take just 10minutes to open Wikipedia and read about feminism, none you are all satisfied with what you have heard and until you see other societies benefiting from it we would continue to deceive ourselves and resist change,now for the ladies who don't know what feminism is all about,did u know that originally,women had restricted access to education in Nigeria,the whole duty and aspiration a woman was allowed to have ended in her husbands house,today because of the struggles of others our daughters can go to school and achieve whatever dreams they desire, ladies are you not challenged that other countries have produced female presidents but we have never even produced a female governor,yet you are very comfortable and abusing feminism, if you think it is unnecessary that a woman becomes a president then you should ask the Igbos why they are complaining that almost all appointees under Buhari's government come from the north,if the Igbos clamour for someone from their tribe to be president,then women should also clamour that someone from would lead this country someday.
The whole idea of feminism is not to usurp anyones authority but to present a level playing ground,so no one would be left lagging behind,if I may continue,still addressing the women,look at the number of Nobel prize winners we have had in the past as well as inventors, majority are men only few are women,if women had the same access to education as the men did,women would have made more inventions and contributions to science and technology than they have made.
Nobody is competing with anyone,as Chaplin said in "the great dictator", "the good earth is rich and can provide for everyone", women should be given as much opportunity as men are given in order for them to realize their full potentials,had it been that we continued with the same male chauvinist and then culturally accepted idea that a woman's education ends in the kitchen,we would not have produced the Akunyili's,the Okonjo Iweala's the Allele William's,the Margaret Ekpo's and the rest of them
I am a male,and I see no reason why I should clamour to be superior to a female just because I was born a male,I don't clamour to be superior over anyone or lord over anyone,every human irrespective of their race,religion,sex or background is equal to me

God bless you,Sir.
Re: Nigerian Feminists Slam DJ Cuppy Over Her Comments On Their Movement by bigtt76(f): 4:26pm On Aug 30, 2018
Anoda angu grin ....what if I lack that common sense? Feminism doesn't allow me to borrow some guy's own naaaa unto say we suppose be equal abi?

pocohantas:

If you stay in Lagos, there is an emergency unit that handles such.

In the absence of that, everyone that drives should know the basics, like changing tyres. They should also have tools.
It is common sense, not feminism smiley.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Feminists Slam DJ Cuppy Over Her Comments On Their Movement by Obi1kenobi(m): 4:27pm On Aug 30, 2018
sinaj:
I noticed that lots of feminist are divorcees, single ladies, jilted gfs, people in troubled relationship that just hide behind it to vent their anger against men with their conflicting opinion.

Interesting that an opinion like this comes from a lady. grin You might disagree with several people in the movement whose views you might find extreme (like any movement ever conceived in the world, feminism has its extremists whose passions manifest as borderline misandry), but believe it or not, a lot of freedoms you enjoy today were hard-won from centuries of struggle from such women to be valued as something more than the property of men. It's also interesting the way you disparage women based on their relationship status (jilted, divorcees, single ladies .....blah, blah, blah...) feeding into the misogynistic trope that the value of women is ultimately defined by how desirable and amiable that they are to men.
What exactly is it about "feminism" that you dislike so much?

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerian Feminists Slam DJ Cuppy Over Her Comments On Their Movement by Bizibi(m): 4:28pm On Aug 30, 2018
OliveCynosure:
I keep saying it. These E-feminists has taken it out of context. They're just bunch of misandrists hiding their distaste for men under the guise of feminism.
I honestly don't understand Nigeria feminists, today is A,tomorrow is z then they contradict themselves and twist again.feminism is meant for independent ladies who want respect from men in the same career bracket and also treat them equally,that is the only the thing I know about the movement, the rest is bs.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Feminists Slam DJ Cuppy Over Her Comments On Their Movement by pocohantas(f): 4:29pm On Aug 30, 2018
bigtt76:
Anoda angu grin ....what if I lack that common sense? Feminism doesn't allow me to borrow some guy's own naaaa unto say we suppose be equal abi?

Every driver should have and know these things, male or female.
I have borrowed a man my tyre inflator, despite him being the superior being... wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Feminists Slam DJ Cuppy Over Her Comments On Their Movement by Nobody: 4:29pm On Aug 30, 2018
The way Nigerian men and black men in general rant and get angry whenever they see the word “feminist” is beyond me.

I have white men as friends on facebook and friends in real life, you'll never see them behaving like hungry dogs because of feminists but black men that have never achieved anything to move humanity forward feel they can only succeed further by putting women under control.

Which kind men be all these ones?? Sometimes I wonder why I wasn't born a white man - European/american.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Feminists Slam DJ Cuppy Over Her Comments On Their Movement by nextstep(m): 4:30pm On Aug 30, 2018
sinaj:

It's sadly telling that you could make this statement, and get so many likes for it.

Women in Nigeria (I expand on them in https://www.nairaland.com/4705302/nigerian-feminists-slam-dj-cuppy#70752277 ) are responsible for a lot of societal benefits that we take for granted today, including full education and employment opportunities for women, as well as the right to vote. We owe a lot to women in our past, present, and future who fight for women's rights. To paint them in the way you did is unfair, and inaccurate.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Feminists Slam DJ Cuppy Over Her Comments On Their Movement by magicminister: 4:31pm On Aug 30, 2018
Hanseel1:
The way Nigerian men and black men in general rant and get angry whenever they see the word “feminist” is beyond me.

I have white men as friends on facebook and friends in real life, you'll never see them behaving like hungry dogs because of feminists but black men that have never achieved anything to move humanity forward feel they can only succeed further by putting women under control.

Which kind men be all these ones?? Sometimes one would wonder why he/she wasn't born a white man/woman or European.

There goes a mental slave!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Feminists Slam DJ Cuppy Over Her Comments On Their Movement by Nobody: 4:31pm On Aug 30, 2018
sinaj:
in Africa.... question we should ask ourselves is “why do I want to be a feminist” ? Have I achieved that status that will allow me advocate this cause? Most don’t have answers for Wanting to be a feminist, many do not even have what it takes to be a feminist. I watched adichie on CNN yesterday and she said she was a feminist even before she knew what it was and her reason for being a feminist is because she wanted to publish a book at “17” and when she met a publisher, the guy admitted the work was great, walked to her and smooched her breast. That’s clear assault. I don’t know if the story is true but according to her she got a reason and over the years, she worked hard, made money, fame and power to advocate this cause. How many feminists in Nigeria are not waiting for the next man that will pay their bills grin Fight against poverty should be everyone’s cause in Africa right now and not a cause by some people who are well fed and are way more intelligent than Africans

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Feminists Slam DJ Cuppy Over Her Comments On Their Movement by pocohantas(f): 4:39pm On Aug 30, 2018
nextstep:

It's sadly telling that you could make this statement, and get so many likes for it.

Women in Nigeria (I expand on them in https://www.nairaland.com/4705302/nigerian-feminists-slam-dj-cuppy#70752277 ) are responsible for a lot of societal benefits that we take for granted today, including full education and employment opportunities for women, as well as the right to vote. We owe a lot to women in our past, present, and future who fight for women's rights. To paint them in the way you did is unfair, and inaccurate.

Tbh, I don't blame her for that. I've met some ladies who have really fuckéd up view about feminism. These ladies and some guys, have advertently or inadvertently derailed the cause. That doesn't change the fact that there are different phases. With some being liberal and others radical.

Now, some men are capitalising on these wrong versions to hate the whole movement. Even when it takes them nothing to read about its true motive. More like throwing away the baby with the bath water.

Like a friend told me, the first thing the black woman needs is financial empowerment. How many of them are willing to be empowered? So, me I done for the whole rant sef.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Feminists Slam DJ Cuppy Over Her Comments On Their Movement by HardMirror(m): 4:40pm On Aug 30, 2018
1StopRudeness:

That's Nigerian feminism for you...and I notice a very good and constant orgasm usually changes the fake feminism mentality.
you think so? Go on youtube and see how dumb and stvpid american feminists are too. It is not about nigeria, majority of them take it too far and are ridiculous

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Feminists Slam DJ Cuppy Over Her Comments On Their Movement by Nobody: 4:40pm On Aug 30, 2018
magicminister:

There goes a mental slave!!
You are right... if typing that would make you happy then you have it.
Have a nice day.
Re: Nigerian Feminists Slam DJ Cuppy Over Her Comments On Their Movement by Nobody: 4:41pm On Aug 30, 2018
Dj cuppy has no need for feminism because she is empowered by her dad's money

Take that away and she would be a basic slay queen on the gram

She has no need of feminism like white men have no need of emancipation

She has never had to suffer from discrimination or a glass ceiling or denied opportunities

End of story.

The day you hear an actual accomplished woman who came up speak against feminism, then there is a conversation. This is just a spoilt brat running her mouth without thinking.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Feminists Slam DJ Cuppy Over Her Comments On Their Movement by magicminister: 4:44pm On Aug 30, 2018
Hanseel1:

You are right... if typing that would make you happy then you have it.

Have a nice day.

It made me really sad. Blacks like you have been brainwashed into thinking yourself less than the white man.... unfortunately, this inferiority complex has affected majority of Nigerians....

My dear, you’re better than those white men.
You’re an exceptional black man!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Feminists Slam DJ Cuppy Over Her Comments On Their Movement by kay29000(m): 4:44pm On Aug 30, 2018
PUSSYBBQGRILLS:
Feminism this, feminism that...

Na so Linda Ikeji dey make noise until she jam better rod. She no dey mention that word again. Rod dey reformat brain.

LMAO!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Feminists Slam DJ Cuppy Over Her Comments On Their Movement by Nobody: 4:49pm On Aug 30, 2018
magicminister:

It made me really sad. Blacks like you have been brainwashed into thinking yourself less than the white man.... unfortunately, this inferiority complex has affected majority of Nigerians....

You're right.
I'm an exceptional black man because I respect and value women. I know they can make things happen if African men stop pulling them down because of some primitive cultures and fake religions.
Re: Nigerian Feminists Slam DJ Cuppy Over Her Comments On Their Movement by pocohantas(f): 4:52pm On Aug 30, 2018
magicminister:

I've been wondering, why is it wrong to say a white man is superior to a black man. But perfect to say a man is superior to a woman.

Are they not all different forms of subjugation?
Re: Nigerian Feminists Slam DJ Cuppy Over Her Comments On Their Movement by Idrismusty97(m): 4:55pm On Aug 30, 2018
It's time for girls to start hating on themselves as usual and not address the real issue. She speaks about feminism, someone is bringing in her music. But when we bring in your ugly àss faces and broken life that lead you into your warp idea of feminism in the first place you will start foaming. Men are even better feminists than these tramps.
Re: Nigerian Feminists Slam DJ Cuppy Over Her Comments On Their Movement by Nobody: 4:55pm On Aug 30, 2018
magicminister:

lols. I believe no one is superior to another but why is it that 99 percent of advancements and developments that have changed the world comes from the white race. The data is there, data can’t lie.
Re: Nigerian Feminists Slam DJ Cuppy Over Her Comments On Their Movement by magicminister: 4:57pm On Aug 30, 2018
pocohantas:

I've been wondering, why is it wrong to say a white man is superior to a black man. But perfect to say a man is superior to a woman.

Are they not all different forms of subjugation?

The thing is that most of my african people actually believe they are inferior. They see the white man (including brown people) as superior and look up to them for everything instead of looking inward.

Having said that, there is no where in the world people actually believe a man is superior to the woman. I’m sure you’ve heard of the popular saying “what a man can do, a woman can do better”. I didn’t come up with those words..
Re: Nigerian Feminists Slam DJ Cuppy Over Her Comments On Their Movement by pocohantas(f): 4:58pm On Aug 30, 2018
magicminister:

The thing is that most of my african people actually believe they are inferior. They see the white man (including brown people) as superior and look up to them for everything instead of looking inward.

Having said that, there is no where in the world people actually believe a man is superior to the woman. I’m sure you’ve heard of the popular saying “what a man can do, a woman can do better”. I didn’t come up with those words..

So, what gave birth to feminism? grin grin

I don't buy that saying, anyone can do anything better.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Queen Irene Onwuka's Birthday Party In Abuja / Mohbad Was Brought In Dead, Didn't Die In Our Facility - Perez Medcare Hospital / Adaeze Yobo & Her Sons Show Off Their Sunday Look

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.