Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,768 members, 7,813,548 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:46 PM

Buhari To Angela Merkel: Illegal Nigerian Immigrants ‘At Their Own Risk’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari To Angela Merkel: Illegal Nigerian Immigrants ‘At Their Own Risk’ (26686 Views)

Buhari Receives Angela Merkel, German Chancellor (Pictures) / Picture Of Angela Merkel And Buhari Laughing In Abuja. Caption Photo / President Buhari Receives German Chancellor, Angela Merkel, At Aso Rock (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari To Angela Merkel: Illegal Nigerian Immigrants ‘At Their Own Risk’ by Nobody: 3:46pm On Aug 31, 2018
President Muhammadu Buhari has publicly told visiting German Chancellor, Angela Merkel, his government does not support Nigerians trying to illegally enter Europe, saying those caught would be “at his or her own risk”.

The president said “Any Nigerian found in Libya or anywhere on his way to Europe through illegal means will be brought home and we will send him back to the local government.”

German Chancellor Angela Merkel on Friday morning arrived Nigeria and was received by Mr Buhari at the presidential villa in Abuja.

Mrs Merkel’s visit to Nigeria marks the final part of her three-day trip to West Africa countries: Senegal, Ghana and Nigeria with a focus on strengthening economic development and containing illegal migration.

Her visit comes two days after the British Prime Minister, Theresa May, visited the country with plans to increase trade and investment between Nigeria and the UK.

President Buhari, who welcomed the German Chancellor at the forecourt of the presidential villa, introduced some members of his cabinet and presidential aides to his visitor before going into closed door meeting to deliberate on issues of mutual interest to both Nigeria and Germany.

After the closed door meeting, both leaders addressed the press briefly.

During the briefing, Mrs Merkel tasked Mr Buhari to ensure a free, credible and fair election in the fourth coming 2019 polls.

“I appeal that the fourth coming elections in Nigeria should be free, fair and credible. It should not result to chaos or complete breakdown of law and order. A credible election is an important aspect of democracy and good governance,” she said.

The German leader said she was aware that Nigeria is facing many security challenges.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/282026-buhari-to-merkel-illegal-nigerian-immigrants-at-their-own-risk.html

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Angela Merkel: Illegal Nigerian Immigrants ‘At Their Own Risk’ by Donald95(m): 3:50pm On Aug 31, 2018
Without your brainless and lifeless Economic policies, The number of people trying to leave would have been minimal.

I know the dullard with NEPA certificate ain't understanding what Merkel is saying that's why he is wearing head piece to get interpretation .

Nigerians never know what fell on them if it is Curse from devil or Punishment from God.(Two separate time of leadership and both where characterized with poverty)

choi

269 Likes 30 Shares

Re: Buhari To Angela Merkel: Illegal Nigerian Immigrants ‘At Their Own Risk’ by SarkinYarki: 3:50pm On Aug 31, 2018
Damn Buhari doesn't still realise the the current high rate of illegal immigrants from Nigeria trying to cross into Europe using the desert and ocean is as a result of his ultra poor leadership the has made hopelessness the only currency most Nigerians now come across which has seen Nigeria turn into poverty capital of the world in just 3 years with a mind boggling 6 Nigerians plummeting into abject poverty every minute .

181 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Buhari To Angela Merkel: Illegal Nigerian Immigrants ‘At Their Own Risk’ by centoke30(m): 3:52pm On Aug 31, 2018
what are we supposed to do now

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Buhari To Angela Merkel: Illegal Nigerian Immigrants ‘At Their Own Risk’ by Hofbrauhaus(m): 3:55pm On Aug 31, 2018
Calling Buhari lifeless is an insult to lifeless people...

Buhari is worse than a dead man!

211 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Buhari To Angela Merkel: Illegal Nigerian Immigrants ‘At Their Own Risk’ by Auladimeji(m): 3:57pm On Aug 31, 2018
Edoites right now

142 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Buhari To Angela Merkel: Illegal Nigerian Immigrants ‘At Their Own Risk’ by Nobody: 3:58pm On Aug 31, 2018
Seriously Buhari is a heartless soul.

88 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Buhari To Angela Merkel: Illegal Nigerian Immigrants ‘At Their Own Risk’ by Lomprico2: 4:01pm On Aug 31, 2018
Why not improve the economy better than u found it. I assure u they will stop trying to escape ur evil policies.

Lifeless vulture.

99 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari To Angela Merkel: Illegal Nigerian Immigrants ‘At Their Own Risk’ by Hofbrauhaus(m): 4:02pm On Aug 31, 2018
[quote author=Auladimeji post=70783224][/quote]

4 Likes

Re: Buhari To Angela Merkel: Illegal Nigerian Immigrants ‘At Their Own Risk’ by Nobody: 4:14pm On Aug 31, 2018
BUHARI MUST GO!!!

73 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari To Angela Merkel: Illegal Nigerian Immigrants ‘At Their Own Risk’ by chriskosherbal(m): 4:15pm On Aug 31, 2018
Donald95:
Without your brainless and lifeless Economic policies, The number of people trying to leave would have been minimal.

I know the dullard with NEPA certificate ain't understanding what Merkel is saying that's why he is wearing head piece to get interpretation .

Nigerians never know what fell on them if it is Curse from devil or Punishment from God.(Two separate time of leadership and both where characterized with poverty)
grin cheesy

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Angela Merkel: Illegal Nigerian Immigrants ‘At Their Own Risk’ by buharitill2023: 4:17pm On Aug 31, 2018
We can not support illegal criminal jobless aggressive lifeless lazy idiotic pigs of bia-fra terrorist.
Those illegal migrants are greedy nigerians.

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari To Angela Merkel: Illegal Nigerian Immigrants ‘At Their Own Risk’ by ONKUWONU(m): 4:27pm On Aug 31, 2018
WHY MUST BUHARI BE THE ONE TO MEET WITH THESE INTERNATIONAL LEADERS? embarassed embarassed embarassed

48 Likes

Re: Buhari To Angela Merkel: Illegal Nigerian Immigrants ‘At Their Own Risk’ by romenna: 4:36pm On Aug 31, 2018
Anytime u open ur uncouth mouth, na so so dust and opata u dey yarn.
mumu man
u r adding salt and pepper to the injury u gave them by making life meaningless for them in naija since u came onboard

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari To Angela Merkel: Illegal Nigerian Immigrants ‘At Their Own Risk’ by Oblang(m): 4:45pm On Aug 31, 2018
romenna:
Anytime u open ur uncouth mouth, na so so dust and opata u dey yarn.
mumu man
u r adding salt and pepper to the injury u gave them by making life meaningless for them in naija since u came onboard

Oga if u like follow illegal channel cumout Naija. Oyo is ur case...

21 Likes

Re: Buhari To Angela Merkel: Illegal Nigerian Immigrants ‘At Their Own Risk’ by romenna: 6:16pm On Aug 31, 2018
Oblang:

Oga if u like follow illegal channel cumout Naija. Oyo is ur case...
if nor be internet I for beat u faint for dis insensitive comment. Do u knw d level of poverty n starvation in naija?

94 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari To Angela Merkel: Illegal Nigerian Immigrants ‘At Their Own Risk’ by Oblang(m): 6:31pm On Aug 31, 2018
romenna:
if nor be internet I for beat u faint for dis insensitive comment. Do u knw d level of poverty n starvation in naija?

So if u wan cumout Naija, there are no legal ways to do that..like I said follow Libya and Oyo will be ur case..

18 Likes

Re: Buhari To Angela Merkel: Illegal Nigerian Immigrants ‘At Their Own Risk’ by awakeupcall4all(m): 6:51pm On Aug 31, 2018
Words of a failed illiterate lifeless mallam......Just when they released the dummy president to use mic without the papers...He will always mumble his usual demarketing-freestyle....

So much for a president presidiot...Na wa ooooo grin grin grin shocked

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari To Angela Merkel: Illegal Nigerian Immigrants ‘At Their Own Risk’ by Freiburger(m): 7:12pm On Aug 31, 2018
Do the Germans come illegally to the Zoo?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Angela Merkel: Illegal Nigerian Immigrants ‘At Their Own Risk’ by Racoon(m): 7:31pm On Aug 31, 2018
President Muhammadu Buhari has publicly told visiting German Chancellor, Angela Merkel, his government does not support Nigerians trying to illegally enter Europe, saying those caught would be “at his or her own risk”.
Imagine another monumental blunder by the president of Nigeria.Must Buhari always talk This man never value his own even if the situation is true.Which world leader disparage his own people like this

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Angela Merkel: Illegal Nigerian Immigrants ‘At Their Own Risk’ by BiafraIShere(m): 7:38pm On Aug 31, 2018
Useless and worthless country. I spit on Nigeria for being so useless!!!

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari To Angela Merkel: Illegal Nigerian Immigrants ‘At Their Own Risk’ by Nobody: 8:11pm On Aug 31, 2018
[quote author=Donald95 post=70789082][/quote]

Nwanne it won't make frontpage coz is from Juliusmalema....

Am in nairaland black book....but I won't be intimidated or either been bemoan by challenges....

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Angela Merkel: Illegal Nigerian Immigrants ‘At Their Own Risk’ by Donald95(m): 8:15pm On Aug 31, 2018
Juliusmalema:

Nwanne it won't make frontpage coz is from Juliusmalema....

Am in nairaland black book....but I won't be intimidated or either been bemoan by challenges....

Especially mynd44 won't approve any thread hosted by Anyone that speaks against injustice in Nigeria

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Angela Merkel: Illegal Nigerian Immigrants ‘At Their Own Risk’ by Yyeske(m): 8:21pm On Aug 31, 2018
Something has caught my attention with all these visits by foreign leaders, nobody talked about the lazy pigs and eediots of B..... because last time I checked we were told by them that the whole world was watching what Buhari was doing to them and the international community was coming for the head of our president or maybe I missed the memo when those foreign leaders discussed their plight with our able president.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Angela Merkel: Illegal Nigerian Immigrants ‘At Their Own Risk’ by amazingspiderma: 8:24pm On Aug 31, 2018
WOW.Germany willing to help strangers,but Nigerian President speaks bad of Nigerians.

22 Likes

Re: Buhari To Angela Merkel: Illegal Nigerian Immigrants ‘At Their Own Risk’ by johnmartus(m): 8:26pm On Aug 31, 2018
Absolutely right.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari To Angela Merkel: Illegal Nigerian Immigrants ‘At Their Own Risk’ by Yyeske(m): 8:57pm On Aug 31, 2018
Juliusmalema:

If u call ur fellow igbos idiots.....i wonder what others will be.

Ur actions are no longer funny I must tell u bro.
I know who I am referring to so don't call for any undue sympathy by associating my people with your case.
Deal with your IPOB dream while I and other progressive Nigerians help Ndigbo to achieve our dream. If you think associating the great Igbo nation with a terrorist group called IPOB, forget it.
When your leader Nnamdi Kanu called Igbos not in support of IPOB pigs and eediots, you cheered him then but now we had decided to return the gesture back, you are screaming.

15 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Yemi Osinbajo Receives Jack Ma In Abuja / Umaru Musa Yar'adua's 69th Posthumous Birthday Is Today / IPOB, Ambazonian Enjoying Global Sympathy - Babagana Monguno, NSA Raises Alarm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.