Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,675 members, 7,816,775 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

What Are The Signs A Boyfriend Shows If He Is No Longer Interested? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Are The Signs A Boyfriend Shows If He Is No Longer Interested? (28886 Views)

Man Hides In Wardrobe As Lady’s Main Boyfriend Shows Up Unannounced / Top 10 Signs A Nigerian Man Wants To Marry You / See Drama As Lady’s Boyfriend Shows Up After She Accepted A Marriage Proposal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Signs A Boyfriend Shows If He Is No Longer Interested? by GreenCap: 8:06am On Sep 02, 2018
martyns303:

Do ur friend's name starts with R and lives in PH?

you mean Reuben who slept with his father's concubine

or Rahab who sleeps with strangers and hid the spies
Re: What Are The Signs A Boyfriend Shows If He Is No Longer Interested? by sweetilicious(f): 8:11am On Sep 02, 2018
omooba969:

Obvious you didn't get the sarcasm. smiley
Maybe.
Re: What Are The Signs A Boyfriend Shows If He Is No Longer Interested? by Gmart22: 8:15am On Sep 02, 2018
is common recharge card yet you can't afford it yourself
Drchristian:
1.If you call to wanna visit him, he will say: "He's not at home" and he will never schedule or create a time for you to visit him.

2.It will take several hours before he returns your missed calls or no call.

3.Check if his friends are interested and wanna talk to you.. if not, move on with your life.

4.Check in his body language if he's flirting, like trying to impress u or bn enthusiastic around you.

5. If any of your boyfriend's friend sud approach you to ask you out for a date, that means your boyfriend has told them you're a side chick and ur bf's friend also want a tip of d iceberg of what you will offer while it last.

6.He doesn't want to be around you for too long so as not to chase hot girls away from him.

7.He doesn't talk much

8. Common recharge card he will not send tokless of investing in you.
Re: What Are The Signs A Boyfriend Shows If He Is No Longer Interested? by mrblessed(m): 8:32am On Sep 02, 2018
GrammarNazi1:

It's not me; I'm asking for a friend.
The phrase "ask/asking for" has an entirely unrelated meaning as used by you and the Op. I am surprised you were unable to detect the solecism. When the Op wrote she is "asking for" a friend, she meant her enquiring is on behalf of a friend. But that is a gross misuse of the phrase. If you ask/asking for a friend, it means you want to speak to them, not to embark on enquiry for their sake.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Signs A Boyfriend Shows If He Is No Longer Interested? by GrammarNazi1(m): 9:14am On Sep 02, 2018
mrblessed:
The phrase "ask/asking for" has an entirely unrelated meaning as used by you and the Op. I am surprised you were unable to detect the solecism. When the Op wrote she is "asking for" a friend, she meant her enquiring is on behalf of a friend. But that is a gross misuse of the phrase. If you ask/asking for a friend, it means you want to speak to them, not to embark on enquiry for their sake.
That's both true and untrue. As a phrasal verb, it means to say something in order to obtain an answer or some information. But as a mere verb and a preposition, it means to enquire because of someone else. Remember that "for" also means "because of" and/or "on behalf of" someone else.

1 Share

Re: What Are The Signs A Boyfriend Shows If He Is No Longer Interested? by mrblessed(m): 9:34am On Sep 02, 2018
GrammarNazi1:

That's both true and untrue. As a phrasal verb, it means to say something in order to obtain an answer or some information. But as a mere verb and a preposition, it means to enquire because of someone else. Remember that "for" also means "because of" and/or "on behalf of" someone else.

There is no contention on how to use the preposition "for" in English language. And, the information you provided did not state that "asking for" has another meaning than the one we are aware of. The phrase "I am asking for a friend" has only one meaning in English language.
Re: What Are The Signs A Boyfriend Shows If He Is No Longer Interested? by GrammarNazi1(m): 9:52am On Sep 02, 2018
mrblessed:
There is no contention on how to use the preposition "for" in English language. And, the information you provided did not state that "asking for" has another meaning than the one we are aware of. The phrase "I am asking for a friend" has only one meaning in English language.
No, it doesn't.

Have you now seen from the screenshots that "asking for a friend" means "asking on behalf of a friend"?

1 Like

Re: What Are The Signs A Boyfriend Shows If He Is No Longer Interested? by Zhahovic(m): 11:04am On Sep 02, 2018
For men.......it's just straight up lack of communication...no calls..no chats..no texts....
For the women...it's virtually the same....but it has an added spice..whenever u call her or make an offer for you to spend time with her...she will ALWAYS claim she is busy!
Re: What Are The Signs A Boyfriend Shows If He Is No Longer Interested? by Mhizrohzz(f): 11:38am On Sep 02, 2018
Areaboyfriend:
This is where some of us can't help it.
which part u guys dat help is dat?? dint get u
Re: What Are The Signs A Boyfriend Shows If He Is No Longer Interested? by Areaboyfriend(m): 2:43pm On Sep 02, 2018
Mhizrohzz:

which part u guys dat help is dat??
dint get u
I mean so many people find it very difficult to quit despite all the warning signs.
Re: What Are The Signs A Boyfriend Shows If He Is No Longer Interested? by donkossy(m): 3:39pm On Sep 02, 2018
donbachi:
donship rule 1:dont disagree with ur senior don...u just did so.
sorry boss
Re: What Are The Signs A Boyfriend Shows If He Is No Longer Interested? by donbachi(m): 3:41pm On Sep 02, 2018
donkossy:
sorry boss
salud
Re: What Are The Signs A Boyfriend Shows If He Is No Longer Interested? by Mhizrohzz(f): 4:14pm On Sep 02, 2018
Areaboyfriend:

I mean so many people find it very difficult to quit despite all the warning signs.
So true.....
Re: What Are The Signs A Boyfriend Shows If He Is No Longer Interested? by tbabs10166(m): 6:35am On Sep 03, 2018
Optionally:
Please i am just asking for a friend
as it is now...me I'm interested in you
Re: What Are The Signs A Boyfriend Shows If He Is No Longer Interested? by injurybaba(m): 7:27am On Sep 03, 2018
Tell your friend that for her to be asking means that he is not interested

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Fiancée Works But She Prefers I Pay Her Bills / Not All Women Want Your Money… / Getting Married Even When You Are Broke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.