Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List (76181 Views)

"I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! / Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away / Marriage Price List In Benue State - Igbo Lady Shares Brother's Marriage List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by femi4: 5:09pm On Sep 07, 2018
legitnow:
YORUBA NEED TO STOP MEDIA ABUSE AND BLACKMAIL.

THEY ARE LITTERING THE INTERNET WITH ALOT OF STUPIDITY.

IMAGINE A GROWN MAN CRYING ABOUT AKWA IBOM MARRIAGE RITE.

YET HE IS BLIND TO THE EXTORTIONIST BABALOJA AND MAMALOJA YORUBA CULTURE OF GOING TO THE MARKET TO COLLECT MONEY FROM TRADERS FOR NOTHING.

Evil triumph when people like you are still in existence
Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by Iamgrey5(m): 5:09pm On Sep 07, 2018
DateMynd44:
lol that's the height of joblessness grin
lol. The dude is just hopelessly jobless
Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by Efezik007(m): 5:13pm On Sep 07, 2018
Akathriel:

What exactly is wrong with these Akwa-Ibom people? Little wonder their region is so underdeveloped & rife with jobless militants looking for Oyinbo to kidnap for ramsom. Aside that, the only thing they do best is hunting innocent Ekuke (dog meat) upandan. grin

One native goat, One black goat. How many goats do they slaughter during their traditional wedding? No wonder GEJ couldn't move Nigeria an inch forward since he was just busy eating Asun & drinking cartons of Sapele Water in Asorock. grin

You better warn your covetous & uncultured village heads to desist from this dastard & impious act of subjecting your prospective in-laws to committing a broad-day robbery by putting their necks on the chopping board - Nagode! grin

u are just too foolish. somebody here is speaking what is happening in Africa culture, the best advice u can bring is stupid words from ur mouth

1 Like

Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by thorpido(m): 5:14pm On Sep 07, 2018
DateMynd44:
even the picture showing the bride is an efik attire
Yes the bride in the picture is Efik but that list is from Akwa Ibom.It is from Abak L.G.A in Akwa Ibom.
Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by Kelly2713(m): 5:14pm On Sep 07, 2018
who can give the story in brief �
Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by jessedaflow: 5:15pm On Sep 07, 2018
Iamgrey5:
lol, true

Nonetheless, people could learn one or two things regarding the Akwaibom people sha.
Wetin dem sabi if nt Bleep ,they can even advertise their sister 4 u..mtchw
Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by Nobody: 5:20pm On Sep 07, 2018
Shut up abeg
dingbang:
me too
Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by movetoca: 5:23pm On Sep 07, 2018
chuksanambra:

You aren't Yoruba, you're a product of fulani horsemen rape of Igbo women. That explains the identity crisis you're suffering from.
You are also acting like one Igbo trader fvcked your mum. why are you using igbo name to spread your bitterness?
Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by InvertedHammer: 5:23pm On Sep 07, 2018
M: Hello. How are you?
F: I'm good and u?
M: All is well. My name is Dale from Ibadan.
F: I am Ekaette from Akwaibom.
M: Wow! Awesome. Well, it is nice meeting you. Have a wonderful day.

A simple exchange like this is enough to dodge a bullet. Bachelors need to store keywords in their brains when meeting ladies. Akwaibom, Imo and other destiny-killer states/towns should trigger "abort" in any love mission.

/

7 Likes

Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by Simbrixton(m): 5:23pm On Sep 07, 2018
legitnow:
IT IS NOT BY FORCE TO LEAVE YOUR South West AND GO ALL THE WAY TO BIAFRA LAND FOR MARRIAGE.

IF U DONT LIKE THE LIST, MARRY YOUR FREE OF CHARGE YORUBA SISTER.

THE PEOPLE OF THAT STATE HAVE BEEN MARRYING WITHOUT COMPLAIN.

NA U WAN GO ALL THE WAY TO AKWA IBOM FROM OGUN TO CHANGE THEIR MARRIAGE RITES.
ode

1 Like

Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by phenol33(m): 5:24pm On Sep 07, 2018
HungerBAD:
Reading

This sounds interesting. Story not complete. Joeruano complete this story.

Joeruano thanks for completing the story.

I try not to talk about my personal stuff on Nairaland,but will make an exception today and tell a story before commenting on yours.

I am a Niger Deltan like you too,and a couple of months ago,my younger sister got married. I am also the oldest child and my dad is late(RIP) and so I am the Head of the family.

I had known her husband to be for a couple of years,and I know him to be a struggling young man,who is into different businesses and trying to survive.

Sometimes, without telling anyone, I push little contracts for him to handle so as to meet up,since he never once approached me for money considering the fact he knows I am on the okay side.

I liked him then,and I like him now. I wished him my inlaw,which he eventually became. I consider him a younger brother and that was how I treated him.

My Sister too, a beautiful young lady works for one of those organizations that pays in the 200k region . My sister is also a prudent woman who I know does not spend money on petty things.

When it was time for marriage. They approached me,and after giving them my blessing, I agreed they should go ahead and plan their marriage in Lagos. Later my mother started giving me heat that we should not ignore tradition,and out of pressure from more of my mothers family, I asked them to go get the list from the village.

When they brought the list, the young man went into a very sad mood and my sister called me complaining that village people want to destroy her marriage.

I will finish this story tomorrow. I am about to go take care of some personal matters.

Finishing my story.

When I saw the list, to say I was taken aback would be an understatement. They asked for everything there,and then some.

Now let me talk about this my village people and my history with them.

I went straight for my post-graduate degree,after my NYSC,and after graduation, showed up in my community,thinking they will hook me up with one of the Multiple National oil companies, as a native.

They refused to help in a hostile way,and called me a Yoruba man,since i was born and bred in Lagos. And that the spots for jobs they had was for the people that grew up there,and not for strangers like us.

I left there after weeks hanging around, knocking on different doors. It was the humiliation of how I got to Lagos that still gets me upset. I sold my shoes,belts, trousers and my wristwatch.

I swore to never go to my people again for anything.

But my sister was getting married,and her husband to be did not have the muscle to sort everything out. I wanted to help, but did not want to look desperate as if I am in a hurry to just throw my sister way.

Told them not to worry,and that I will sort everything out when I fly back into the Country. A week later I flew into Nigeria,and called for a meeting with my inlaw to be. I asked him to look at the list and see what he can afford there. And when he picked the little things he could shoulder, I told him to bring the cash equivalent,and that I will go to the village myself to beg on his behalf.

I went to my hometown that weekend,and had a meeting with the elders of my family and the community, where I presented them with everything they asked for. I told them my inlaw had provided them to me in Lagos. They got their complete list,as I had swore me or any of my family members will never beg them for anything again.

The only thing they did was send a 5 man village representative to Come for the traditional wedding in Lagos,and that I took care of too.

My sister got married because big brother would not let traditionalists hold her marriage to ransom. They got what they wanted, and everybody is happy.

Not everyone I understand has a brother, or even anyone willing to stick it out for them to make sure their marriage works,as regards meeting the financial burden. And this is why the Tradition of extorting people under the quise of a long lists for marriage should be stopped.

that is btw u and your people. our traditions must continue simple
Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by movetoca: 5:26pm On Sep 07, 2018
donparosky:
eyene eka it's a cancer that we must all rise against in unity. Truth be told, this is d singular reason we having high number of unmarried ladies in Akwa Ibom.
Less I forget, the burial list is another canker worm rendering families broke and disunited.
I keep wondering who we really offended in this part of the country.
churches innovating ways of making money
families innovating ways of exploiting suitors
elders innovating ways of exploiting the bereaved
Govt innovating ways of milking our resources
abasi mmi ke enyong
nsutor nkpor
Akam kpukpuru owo mbok ndito eka
Take heart ❤️ bro.
Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by srclark: 5:27pm On Sep 07, 2018
Lizilicious:
This marriage this is not a do or die affair., If u can't afford to marry from any tribe; park ur kaya and move to another one u can afford... It is that simple..

Stop coming here to discourage people who are planning to do so..

No be people dey marry from mbaise?
very correct my sister ,both the man and the woman in this case are not serious to me ,even if the man is so dumb not to do his home work before this time comes does the girl not know what the marriage list content is all about ,now he got the list and refuse to talk to his partner for days it shows how matured and prepared the man is ,weddings these days are not cheap either big or small if whatever the budget they both have can only foot the traditional do it go to the registry and that is it not a must to use the expensive event centres I have attended weddings only traditional was done and right in the fathers compound reception and that's it

2 Likes

Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by Truths22(m): 5:31pm On Sep 07, 2018
Akathriel:

What exactly is wrong with these Akwa-Ibom people? Little wonder their region is so underdeveloped & rife with jobless militants looking for Oyinbo to kidnap for ramsom. Aside that, the only thing they do best is hunting innocent Ekuke (dog meat) upandan. grin

One native goat, One black goat. How many goats do they slaughter during their traditional wedding? No wonder GEJ couldn't move Nigeria an inch forward since he was just busy eating Asun & drinking cartons of Sapele Water in Asorock. grin

You better warn your covetous & uncultured village heads to desist from this dastard & impious act of subjecting your prospective in-laws to committing a broad-day robbery by putting their necks on the chopping board - Nagode! grin
Akwa Ibom is south south state, fine but first Akwa Ibom is not an underdeveloped state. Under the government of now Senator Godswill Akpabio, Akwa Ibom state was one of the fastest growing state in Nigeria and with the current government, its one of the most industrialized state in the whole of south south..
Secondly, there are no militancy in Akwa Ibom state despite been one of the highest oil producing state in Nigeria.. When you talk of militancy in the south south, you can easily mention the likes of Bayelsa, Rivers and Delta states. Akwa Ibom is the most peaceful state in the Niger Delta and has the least crime report.
Back to the topic, its true Akwa Ibom has an exorbitant traditional marriage rites, but if you see calabar own(of cross river state), you go fear to have anything to do with a calabar girl.
That aside, I think exorbitant TM is an all south something, whether south south, south east or south west, all join..
Dunno know much about the North though

1 Like

Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by chuksanambra: 5:33pm On Sep 07, 2018
movetoca:

You are also acting like one Igbo trader fvcked your mum. why are you using igbo name to spread your bitterness?

Not everyone's mum is like your mom. If you feel like comparing your mom to anything, compare her to trailer tyre, ever open.
Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by SpyAC(m): 5:33pm On Sep 07, 2018
HungerBAD:
Thank you Joeruano.

A lot of people have little patience for reading. I have the patience for it.
lol, Una de learn work where my pple dey, come to mba 5ie mbaise, that ur list nah toy man, Na there u go see list run
Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by InvertedHammer: 5:33pm On Sep 07, 2018
Iamgrey5:
This is supposed to be an educative thread, but kids without life outside the cyberspace have messed it up.

one idiot is actually commenting with two monikers at the same time
/
This is an avenue for people to vent their frustration. A thread like this is a battlefield and tribal warlords are not in short supply. The only solution is to lobby the NA to pass a law making data plans unaffordable.

/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by DaddyNimo(m): 5:35pm On Sep 07, 2018
do people actually marry akwaibom girls? and calabargirls? I tot they said they are only good in sex and taking care of a nigger, had no idea guys end up marrying them from anoda tribes o. why pay such amount for a girl that must have forked 100men before her 25th birthday.
Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by panch001(m): 5:39pm On Sep 07, 2018
Imagine with all the money wey go spend here u fit nak Al the alosho wey dey naija plus Ghana join.
Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by Freeko4: 5:41pm On Sep 07, 2018
no problem, wen time comes for me to cross dis bridge, I go cross am
Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by spiritedtete: 5:44pm On Sep 07, 2018
You complain? Go to Itsekiri then... You will run.
Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by AlanSugar(m): 5:47pm On Sep 07, 2018
Ayam not understanding. How many people are reporting this one story? When did the narrative change from "my girl cousin" to "my fiance`" ?
First it was a report about nsit atai but the marriage list came from anang side! Even hungerbad who claims to have patience for devouring long posts fell for this shit hook, line and sinker. Look here op, next time you want to demean a tribe for whatever reason, try base your trash lies on an aspect of truth. You're even more confused than the story.

4 Likes

Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by Nobody: 5:52pm On Sep 07, 2018
Lol.. I don't even have the intention of marrying from my tribe, I was born and brought up in lagos and maybe I might end up with a yoruba lady. grin

Make them keep their list, cos I'm not going to smell their yard. grin
Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by francisbiz: 5:54pm On Sep 07, 2018
legitnow:
IT IS NOT BY FORCE TO LEAVE YOUR South West AND GO ALL THE WAY TO BIAFRA LAND FOR MARRIAGE.

IF U DONT LIKE THE LIST, MARRY YOUR FREE OF CHARGE YORUBA SISTER.

THE PEOPLE OF THAT STATE HAVE BEEN MARRYING WITHOUT COMPLAIN.

NA U WAN GO ALL THE WAY TO AKWA IBOM FROM OGUN TO CHANGE THEIR MARRIAGE RITES.
Will you be mature for a second in your life?

1 Like

Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by 2buffagain(m): 5:56pm On Sep 07, 2018
lawsbanks:
Yoruba families wont give you this headache. Use the southern girls as side chicks tongue

That's because Yoruba families have sense and are progressive thinkers.
Unlike other backward cultures that only value money, Yoruba value the broad spectrum of things that lead to life fulfillment.
Other cultures will be selling their children to the highest bidder and will still have the impetus to be trying to justify the action with stupid sentiments that they try to pass on as "logic". The logic of idiots no doubt.

Let your children start building YOUR successive generation early. They are doing you a favor!

Sensible people need to stay away from these self-defeating cultures that obsess over evil practices and perpetuate the downfall/de-evolution of black people.

1 Like

Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by grandstar(m): 5:58pm On Sep 07, 2018
Newboss:
Must you get married? angry

Yes (Read Titus 3:1)

Even if it is registry, it is okay in the sight of God. He is not like the village guys putting heavy loads of people's neck (Read Matthew 11:28-30
Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by Nobody: 5:58pm On Sep 07, 2018
Akathriel:

This post shows how ignorant you are concerning my state, I'll advice you take your useless self to the state and see things for yourself before you start posting trash online. Useme.
Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by enonche85(m): 6:01pm On Sep 07, 2018
yvesboss:
Thanks for the write up

My question is will this ever change?
Will the tradition ever consider you don't have to wait to be a millionaire to get married cuz trust me, the thought of the long list alone debar guys from commitment

How did the useless village elders afford the list when they were getting married?...out of nowhere some greedy old people will just want to defraud someone all in the name of marrying their daughter which they never contributed 1kobo to her education!.

1 Like

Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by mrkings84(m): 6:02pm On Sep 07, 2018
The gods are to be blamed.....
Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by thorpido(m): 6:05pm On Sep 07, 2018
DaddyNimo:
do people actually marry akwaibom girls? and calabargirls? I tot they said they are only good in sex and taking care of a nigger, had no idea guys end up marrying them from anoda tribes o. why pay such amount for a girl that must have forked 100men before her 25th birthday.
Hasty generalisation.
Guy travel and see the world.Some girls from your area are worse than some of them.

1 Like

Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by robotix: 6:11pm On Sep 07, 2018
I am not from Akwa Ibom, but I love those people die...

1 Like

Re: How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List by believe042: 6:15pm On Sep 07, 2018
true talk

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

133-Year-Old Woman Who Lives On Top Of Olumo Rock (Photos) / Meet Parents Of Boy In Calm Down Viral Video (photos) / My Guy's Marriage Crashed In Less Than 3 Months.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.