Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,073 members, 7,818,203 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? (14659 Views)

Friends Mourn Young Mother Who Died During Childbirth / NAFDAC Announces Plan To Further Regulate Sniper "Suicide" / Worst Day Of My Life: She Was Barren For 14yrs & She Died On Childbirth - Doctor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? by higgs: 10:08pm On Sep 02, 2018
Explosive population growth is a major cause of poverty and social problems in Nigeria.
Re: Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? by Gerrard59(m): 10:08pm On Sep 02, 2018
https://www.nairaland.com/3450586/poor-un-intelligent-people-should-not

I said same two years ago and was severely criticised for it.

Well, you cannot ban people from procreation like the Chinese 'cos of the differences between both nations. Culturally, politically, religiously and otherwise we're different. However, education (secular) should be promoted, female education should be encouraged further; the economy should be improved - incomes raised, contraceptives made available, abortion legalised and lots more.

Countries like China and Singapore had strong leaders and institutions to enforce the law. Even Singapore had difficulties enforcing because she is more democratic than China. It'd be difficult to enforce such laws in Nigeria. But yeah! We need it.

P.S. Having a large population is not necessarily a good thing economically. Last I checked, our purchasing power is very low compared to say the Swiss or Singaporeans.

2 Likes

Re: Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? by resurgent2019: 10:11pm On Sep 02, 2018
IbnAbdullah1:

My sister,everything have it's good and bad side.
And I think having more children should be a boon not a bane in a country like Nigeria.
It is simply because we lack the managerial capacity to utilise our God given resources that's why we campaigning for child control.
China had made a policy then on one-child per couple I know they have now reversed it because they saw the negative consequence of it.

Nigeria had way too much resources that cater for the need of everyone in West Africa it is just greed that is our major problems, and the dearth in human capacity.
If we can focus more on utilising our human resources to make good use of what we have,most of you will drop this idea.

Why do you want to force having more children on Nigerians? Do you think many southerners are happy living in the same nation with Hausas/Northerners?

Your advocacy for having more children is part of the reason why southerners want the country Balkanized. We cannot continue to Stomach this kind of ideology from be northerners. Some of us are not happy with the way the country is.

1 Like

Re: Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? by Nobody: 10:12pm On Sep 02, 2018
One major problem of this country is overpopulation, when the population growth is greater than the GDP growth, it poses a problem to the economy, we don't need too much population, there should be population control. Even China is doing so at the moment, Its this too much population that is causing too many labour force chasing few jobs.

1 Like

Re: Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? by Francopol(m): 10:17pm On Sep 02, 2018
Alhaji will never agree to dis! dem never marry Four wives na. dem go born one full country!
Re: Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 10:23pm On Sep 02, 2018
resurgent2019:

Why do you want to force having more children on Nigerians? Do you think many southerners are happy living in the same nation with Hausas/Northerners?

Your advocacy for having more children is part of the reason why southerners want the country Balkanized. We cannot continuebti Stomach this kind of ideology from be northerners. Some of us are not happy with the way the country is.
dont mind that irrational fellow he want the country he knows is unproductive to multiply inequality, greed, hunger, squalor and poverty.

1 Like

Re: Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? by IbnAbdullah1(m): 10:23pm On Sep 02, 2018
resurgent2019:

Your advocacy for having more children is part of the reason why southerners want the country Balkanized. We cannot continuebti Stomach this kind of ideology from be northerners. Some of us are not happy with the way the country is.

I am southerner oh.
And I know what I am saying.
Having less children is the least of our problems.
Getting good hands to manage our resource is what we should be fighting for.

You think north are your problems?
SMH.
The typical lazy man's mentality is the easy catch of passing the buck.
The north has nothing to do with holding you or us down.
Did the north tell James Ibori to loot Delta state treasury?
Did the northerners tell Lucky Igbenedion to loot Edo state money?
Please, let's face our problems ourselves and stop looking for convenient excuses that will never fly.

Having more children should be a boon not a bane for a country that values it's intellectual resources.
Re: Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Sep 02, 2018
resurgent2019:

It seems you are threatening southerners. A time will come that we would fight to be free of the north. We won’t care about the blood letting. It will be a very heart wrenching experience but southerners/Christians will be free.

Why should I threaten a fellow brother from the east, no am not like that, one of my brother married ur kind, he got like two kids already.

Personally I don't give a shyt about ur religion, be it a pagan, Muslim, Christian, Jewish as long as you don't get in my way. We cool, but try to touch me or any of my family members I WILL EXTERMINATE YOU grin
Re: Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? by wirinet(m): 10:27pm On Sep 02, 2018
dragon2:
Nigeria's problem is not population,but productivity.The US we are all fighting to go to is MORE populated than we are.Policies to increase the nations productivity is by far more important than regulating the non-criminal activities of people. Saudi-Arabia with a smaller population (30 million approx) than the US (325 Million) is not more productive,neither is Yemen (30 million approx) richer.

Nigeria's main problem is OVERPOPULATION. When I say overpopulated, I am talking about in terms of available resources. How can you compare Nigeria to to US in terms of resources and landmass. US is about 6 times the size of Nigeria with just over one and a half times the population. The US is rich in both natural and human resources. I hope you know that the US has far more crude oil than we do. The US produces 14million barrels of crude per day, while we barely produce 2million.
Even in Africa, if we consider GDP per capita, we will come out as one of the poorest, due to our massive unproductive population.

5 Likes

Re: Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? by dragon2(m): 10:31pm On Sep 02, 2018
IbnAbdullah1:

I am southerner oh.
And I know what I am saying.
Having less children is the least of our problems.
Getting good hands to manage our resource is what we should be fighting for.

You think north are your problems?
SMH.
The typical lazy man's mentality is the easy catch of passing the buck.
The north has nothing to do with holding you or us down.

Did the north tell James Ibori to loot Delta state treasury?
Did the northerners tell Lucky Igbenedion to loot Edo state money?
Please, let's face our problems ourselves and stop looking for convenient excuses that will never fly.

Having more children should be a boon not a bane for a country that values it's intellectual resources.

In the typical African Mindset. People are a curse not a resource,while Natural resource is wealth and blessing, rather than hard-work and productivity. We have been suffering the "Dutch disease" for 50 yrs and counting and we still don't know it.
Cut our population to 1 million with the oil resource we have and our productivity as a nation will fall to 0,due to the same disease.

Edit: this is in support of what you typed.
Re: Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? by Nobody: 10:32pm On Sep 02, 2018
sexybaby22:

You need to be castrated before you add to the population ke!!

Initially I plan to only marry one wife, but you can be my +1, don't worry, separate apartment, you are even free to work( No cheating, I hate cheating women), I hope you give birth to atleast 9 kids for me, gender is not an issue, taking care of them is also not an issue both in disciplinary & financial aspects In sha Allah.

P.S I hope you are virgin woh, preferable not older than 24, average looking is good too(my genes will handle the rest)

Re: Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? by dragon2(m): 10:32pm On Sep 02, 2018
wirinet:

Nigeria's main problem is OVERPOPULATION. When I say overpopulated, I am talking about in terms of available resources. How can you compare Nigeria to to US in terms of resources and landmass. US is about 6 times the size of Nigeria with just over one and a half times the population. The US is rich in both natural and human resources. I hope you know that the US has far more crude oil than we do. The US produces 14million barrels of crude per day, while we barely produce 2million.
Even in Africa, if we consider GDP per capita, we will come out as one of the poorest, due to our massive unproductive population.

what resource does the US Government have?....That's right,its people.
Re: Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? by dragon2(m): 10:37pm On Sep 02, 2018
Our population in the 1970's was 50 million. In fact the purported statement by shagari that we have too much money comes to mind.Yet we STILL de-industrialised !! Was the population the cause?
Re: Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? by masseratti: 10:59pm On Sep 02, 2018
dingbang:
There is a command.. Be fruitful and multiply.

Meanwhile esteemed first bank customers, y'all can now perform amazing transactions on the first mobile app such as getting soft loans through the app. Click the link on my signature to register and bank your way.

You first
who command you to be fruitful and not be responsible? Same doctrine you guys put up and down, same doctrine we have almajiris, touts, prostitutes, same doctrine that has made the nation home of the world poorest, our population is more than our resources
Re: Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? by masseratti: 11:00pm On Sep 02, 2018
dragon2:

what resource does the US Government have?....That's right,its people.
please come of it, the US government has one of the biggest oil reserves, alot of mineral resources, the population density is very low compared to ours and yes its people are highly skilled.
Re: Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? by masseratti: 11:02pm On Sep 02, 2018
wirinet:

nope us is 9 times the size of Nigeria
Re: Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? by dragon2(m): 11:12pm On Sep 02, 2018
masseratti:
please come of it, the US government has one of the biggest oil reserves, alot of mineral resources, the population density is very low compared to ours and yes its people are highly skilled.

Please,give me a break.Who uses the oil the US has? Is it not the US itself?! Does she sell it as a natural resource or does she consume it herself AND IMPORT more for productivity? we don't know the value of crude oil viz-a-viz productivity,that is why we sell it for money. To lazy unproductive people,crude oil is a commodity you sell.The US does not have enough,is hoarding what she has,and buys wherever she can.Why? Because she uses it to drive economic growth.So does china,but not Nigeria. Nigeria sell oil the way a drunkard sells farmland.
Population density? Do you know that the U.K. England is more dense than Nigeria with less resource? It is all about growing and harnessing your "people power"
Re: Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? by Okwyjesus(m): 11:14pm On Sep 02, 2018
Yes
Yes

Those people up north is giving us negative indexes with their mass production.
Re: Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? by ttmax09(m): 11:16pm On Sep 02, 2018
This has been on my mind for sometimes now there should be a regulation on total no of children each mother can bare. Our population is growing rapidly if the government can't provide basic amenities for 180 million people now how will they for over 200 million later on just the way something like 20 years to life imprisonment should be handed to rapist, ritualists and government looters. But again this is Nigeria SmH
Re: Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? by armyofone(m): 11:40pm On Sep 02, 2018
Yes-because they are misusing orgasm.
Re: Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? by arrestdarrester: 11:49pm On Sep 02, 2018
The law can only be implemented in the south.
The north no go gree, e no go werk there
Re: Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? by highmey(m): 11:49pm On Sep 02, 2018
Newboss:
I guess you will pay for the education for them? angry

Learn to read and write, then go and learn a trade. That's all a human needs in this age. If your trade requires you to attend a certain school, fine. angry

I don’t need to pay for their education.
Primary and secondary education should be free or subsidized. Mind you, it’s something that can be achieved.

Learning trade doesn’t hinder education, rather it compliments it.
Re: Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? by Newboss(m): 11:51pm On Sep 02, 2018
highmey:

I don’t need to pay for their education.
Primary and secondary education should be free or subsidized. Mind you, it’s something that can be achieved.

Learning trade doesn’t hinder education, rather it compliments it.
You tertiary education. angry
Re: Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? by mubeela(m): 12:02am On Sep 03, 2018
freshkpomo:
dont you know its a crime to give birth to children you cannot raise?
who told u dat he can nt raise dem?
Re: Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? by freshkpomo(m): 12:19am On Sep 03, 2018
Sultty:
Op u are short sighted
we all look but see differently!
Re: Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? by freshkpomo(m): 12:21am On Sep 03, 2018
gnykelly:

in a free country as ours government don't legislate on private issues.
Re: Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? by freshkpomo(m): 12:26am On Sep 03, 2018
Jiang:

Iam a northerner, Hausa Fulani to be precise, our family is soo large that I think we might need a personal polin unit, I can tell you not a single child in our family is lacking anything, food, shelter, clothing even recharge card, allowance, data etc., less than 20% of adults in our family work for government, we are farmers, business men & women.

FYI, I intend to have a bigger nuclear family too cheesy
i am glad to hear that.. But u just said your family so that settles it.... Goodluck with large nuclear family, there is a parable in benin that says when zou give birth to too many children,that is when u start giving birth to thieves, witches,cultist,prostitutes e.t.c .. I am not saying thats going to be your case, i am talking about Nigeria generally. The law of diminishing return will continue to hit us with the rise in population.
Re: Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? by freshkpomo(m): 12:28am On Sep 03, 2018
[quote author=CORRECTMAN788 post=70847235][/quote]thanks man
Re: Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? by planetx: 12:30am On Sep 03, 2018
wirinet:

Does yahweh's plan include expanding the size of the earth, or creating another earth? The earth can only accommodate a certain number of people in terms of resources and even space. The world's population is projected to hit 9.6billion by 2050, how does yahweh plan to deal with it.
He needs to give another command - Go Ye, But Do Not Multiply Any More.
There are still 33 known continents after Antartica that the powers that be are hiding from me and you. Read the book of Enoch, the earth is flat and extends into infinity.
Re: Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? by freshkpomo(m): 12:31am On Sep 03, 2018
IbnAbdullah1:

Who promised you that even if you gave birth to one child that you will be there to train them?
Some of you talk as if people don't die.
Children don't get orphaned and divorce don't happen.
You just propose on a shaky premise and conclude wrongly.
There are many factors which are there that can't guarantee you that safety or that utopian life style some of you crave after.
the country is hitting the rock and yet population is increasing, cant you see where this is heading?
Re: Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? by Nobody: 12:53am On Sep 03, 2018
I believe its easier to increase productivity than reduce population. Population is a resource if productivity is high. Like many people have rightly said the problem is not population. Chinas population is over 1 billion and very productive. The phone youre using to read this was probably made in china.

1 Like

Re: Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? by donqx: 1:02am On Sep 03, 2018
ohhh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

8 Self Care Tips For A Young Nigerian / Tips For Fresh Breath / Soak Unripe Pawpaw In Water For 3 Days And Drink, For The Health Benefits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.