Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,099 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

Why Do You Fear The Anti-christ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do You Fear The Anti-christ? (1011 Views)

I Want Everyone To Know That I Really Hate The Anti-christ / Daddy Freeze To MFM: Praying For Your Enemies To Die Is Anti-christ Doctrine / AI A Dangerous Tool Most Likely To Be Used By The Anti-christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do You Fear The Anti-christ? by HappyPagan: 12:11am On Sep 03, 2018
What if he's coming to save the sinners(muslims, hindus, atheists, homosexuals, catholic priests, fornicators) from Christ?

Jesus and his Father want to send all the people they don't like to hell fire. Maybe the Anti-Christ will save the sinners from his tyranny.

Christians should not fear the Anti-Christ. Without Christ, there will be no anti-Christ.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Fear The Anti-christ? by CAPSLOCKED: 8:20am On Sep 03, 2018
THE SAME REASON I FEAR THANOS AND THE GREEN GOBLIN.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do You Fear The Anti-christ? by tintingz(m): 2:14pm On Sep 03, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:
THE SAME REASON I FEAR THANOS AND THE GREEN GOBLIN.
I fear Darksied. Lol

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Fear The Anti-christ? by Nobody: 7:23am On Sep 04, 2018
HappyPagan:
What if he's coming to save the sinners(muslims, hindus, atheists, homosexuals, catholic priests, fornicators) from Christ?

Jesus and his Father want to send all the people they don't like to hell fire. Maybe the Anti-Christ will save the sinners from his tyranny.

Christians should not fear the Anti-Christ. Without Christ, there will be no anti-Christ.
it is that sinners that fail to repent before the second coming will be left with the Antichrist but they don't need to fear coz they will fit in well with them but what they should fear is the judgement that will before both the Antichrist and the sinners.don't fear the Antichrist fear God and hate sin.and the Antichrist will be under your feet.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Fear The Anti-christ? by spartan117(m): 10:47am On Sep 04, 2018
Chidorx60:
it is that sinners that fail to repent before the second coming will be left with the Antichrist but they don't need to fear coz they will fit in well with them but what they should fear is the judgement that will before both the Antichrist and the sinners.don't fear the Antichrist fear God and hate sin.and the Antichrist will be under your feet.
My thoughts exactly.
Re: Why Do You Fear The Anti-christ? by HappyPagan: 11:19pm On Sep 04, 2018
Chidorx60:

it is that sinners that fail to repent before the second coming will be left with the Antichrist
So staying with the Anti-Christ will convince them that Christ's a better choice?

Chidorx60:

but they don't need to fear coz they will fit in well with them
That sounds cool.

Chidorx60:

but what they should fear is the judgement that will before both the Antichrist and the sinners
So everyone will stand before God in some sort of file, i mean everyone that has ever lived and will ever live, and all 1 raised to inifity of us.. wil l stand before God telling tales about our lives...

I'm gonna wager that at some point, God(who already knows everything, the sum of all information) will get bored and just chuck us all into heaven.. It certainly benefits no one if 90% of the people who ever lived end up burning forever and ever. I mean come on.... fire just burning your enemies forever is sort of grotesque for a loving God..

Chidorx60:

.don't fear the Antichrist fear God and hate sin.and the Antichrist will be under your feet.
I love sin. Proud sinner. Christ is under my feet, and I intend to keep him there.
Re: Why Do You Fear The Anti-christ? by budaatum: 1:29pm On Sep 05, 2018
Perhaps we should have started here with:

What is "Christ"?
Re: Why Do You Fear The Anti-christ? by Nobody: 9:24pm On Sep 05, 2018
HappyPagan:

So staying with the Anti-Christ will convince them that Christ's a better choice?

That sounds cool.

So everyone will stand before God in some sort of file, i mean everyone that has ever lived and will ever live, and all 1 raised to inifity of us.. wil l stand before God telling tales about our lives...

I'm gonna wager that at some point, God(who already knows everything, the sum of all information) will get bored and just chuck us all into heaven.. It certainly benefits no one if 90% of the people who ever lived end up burning forever and ever. I mean come on.... fire just burning your enemies forever is sort of grotesque for a loving God..

I love sin. Proud sinner. Christ is under my feet, and I intend to keep him there.
if you really love sin you will donate yourself to the Fulani herdsman in order to satisfy their urge for sin,then I will know that you are serious in your quest to make God unjust.
Re: Why Do You Fear The Anti-christ? by budaatum: 9:37pm On Sep 05, 2018
As to the topic of the thread, "why do you fear the antichrist?"

I think it's because the religion that introduces the antichrist is practiced from a fear perspective with it's "you will surely die" at the very beginning, and of eternal damnation, being turned into salt, being drowned in a flood, swallowed by a whale, gnashing of teeth, not living eternally and burning in hell peppered through their text. It's the hook used to catch the adherents who follow the antichrist doctrine.
Re: Why Do You Fear The Anti-christ? by MuttleyLaff: 10:04pm On Sep 05, 2018
HappyPagan:

"And you should not be afraid of those killing the body but not being able to kill the soul.
Indeed rather you should fear the One being able to destroy both soul and body in Gehenna.
"
- Matthew 10:28

You have heard that the antichrist is coming, and already many such antichrists have appeared

If you have the spirit of power, love and a sound mind, you wouldnt fear the Anti-Christ(s)

budaatum:
As to the topic of the thread, "why do you fear the antichrist?"

I think it's because the religion that introduces the antichrist is practiced from a fear perspective with it's "you will surely die" at the very beginning, and of eternal damnation, being turned into salt, being drowned in a flood, swallowed by a whale, gnashing of teeth, not living eternally and burning in hell peppered through their text.
It's the hook used to catch the adherents who follow the antichrist doctrine.
You wouldnt fear the antichrist, if you have power, love and a sound mind

The emboldened are facts. It wasnt as if warnings weren't given
It is important that human beings take warnings seriously

"swallowed by a whale" is an odd one out and out of place to be listed along with the emboldened

"not living eternally and burning in hell" is carrot and stick. Nothing wrong in that or is there?

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Fear The Anti-christ? by budaatum: 10:36pm On Sep 05, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

"not living eternally and burning in hell" is carrot and stick. Nothing wrong in that or is there?
Depends. Depends on whether one has the "spirit of power, love and a sound mind".

Of what relationship is a stick and a carrot to the "spirit of power, love and a sound mind"? Does the stick beat it into the mind or is the carrot meant to bribe the mind? How is it good when it wasn't good when tempted on the mountain?

Everything is wrong when a doctrine of fear is promoted by a religion which also has a doctrine of love, I think.
Re: Why Do You Fear The Anti-christ? by MuttleyLaff: 10:43pm On Sep 05, 2018
budaatum:
Depends. Depends on whether one has the "spirit of power, love and a sound mind".

Of what relationship is a stick and a carrot to the "spirit of power, love and a sound mind"?
Does the stick beat it into the mind or is the carrot meant to bribe the mind? How is it good when it wasn't good when tempted on the mountain?

Everything is wrong when a doctrine of fear is promoted by a religion which also has a doctrine of love, I think.
C'mon now bud, you make it sound, like as if, fear is intrinsically evil and offensive
Re: Why Do You Fear The Anti-christ? by budaatum: 10:54pm On Sep 05, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
C'mon now bud, you make it sound like as if fear is intrinsically evil and offensive
Fear isn't "intrinsically evil and offensive". It is in fact a significant necessity in the development of the single individual and the entire human race. Fear after all saved us being dinner for lions and stops many walking across busy roads with their eyes shut. The doctrine of fear in Christianity however is a fear of ones own shadow at best hence hardly necessary.
Re: Why Do You Fear The Anti-christ? by MuttleyLaff: 11:19pm On Sep 05, 2018
budaatum:
Fear isn't "intrinsically evil and offensive".
It is in fact a significant necessity in the development of the single individual and the entire human race.
Fear after all saved us being dinner for lions and stops many walking across busy roads with their eyes shut.
The doctrine of fear in Christianity however is a fear of ones own shadow at best hence hardly necessary.
I completely concur with the first two sentences

The third sentence, the consequences with "... lions and ... walking across busy roads with their eyes shut." are self inflicted situations

The fourth sentence, I disagree totally with, especially the "... a fear of ones own shadow..."

"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge but fools despise wisdom and instruction," says Proverbs 1:7
"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding," says Proverbs 9:10

When you lose respect for God, you look at His "thou shall not eat...." instruction with total contempt
The third sentence wouldnt have seen the light of day, if the above Proverbs 1:7 and Proverbs 9:10 were still in play.
We wouldnt be a lion's dinner, and we'll be walking through closed doors/walls unscathed or have cars on busy roads blitz through us uninjured.
Courtesy of grace and glorified bodies

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Fear The Anti-christ? by budaatum: 11:36pm On Sep 05, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge but fools despise wisdom and instruction," says Proverbs 1:7
"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding," says Proverbs 9:10.
In those two verses, and other similar, I think the word "fear" is a are misstranslation. It sure doesn't sit well with me.

The bav has them as The knowledge of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge but fools despise wisdom and instruction," says Proverbs 1:7
"The knowledge of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding," says Proverbs 9:10.

You might wanna apply a rubber to your's.

MuttleyLaff:

When you lose respect for God,...
Fallacy of false equivalence! "Fear", does not mean, "respect"! And I would think one sould have more respect for a God one has knowledge of than one is just afraid of?
Re: Why Do You Fear The Anti-christ? by budaatum: 12:00am On Sep 06, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

When you lose respect for God, you look at His "thou shall not eat...." instruction with total contempt.
Not true! Jesus is not claimed to have lost respect for God or treated God's "thou shall not eat...." with "total contempt" when he disobeyed his parents, worked on the Sabbath and said there were other gods! Not except for by those who dislike him and crucified him.
Re: Why Do You Fear The Anti-christ? by MuttleyLaff: 12:17am On Sep 06, 2018
budaatum:
In those two verses, and other similar, I think the word "fear" is a are misstranslation.
It sure doesn't sit well with me.

The bav has them as The knowledge of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge but fools despise wisdom and instruction," says Proverbs 1:7
"The knowledge of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding," says Proverbs 9:10.

You might wanna apply a rubber to your's.

Fallacy of false equivalence! "Fear", does not mean, "respect"!
And I would think one sould have more respect for a God one has knowledge of than one is just afraid of?
In that context, it really means "respect", whether when being a noun or verb, it still, does means respect.
We're talking about obedient respect, centering round not wanting to offend,
centering round nursing the care or will to to please and comply with given instruction or order

People respect lions, by keeping safe distances, not necessarily because of fear, but for knowledge, wisdom & understanding of self preservation

People respectfully handle sharp knives blade edges, not because of being scared of knives, but to save oneself from accidentally knifing self

Mine was written in ink, not lead. Rubber would be useless, if it was needed
Re: Why Do You Fear The Anti-christ? by budaatum: 12:28am On Sep 06, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
In that context, it really means "respect", whether when being a noun or verb, it still, does means respect.
I'd rather be more specific. It's very easy to misunderstand.
Re: Why Do You Fear The Anti-christ? by MuttleyLaff: 12:44am On Sep 06, 2018
budaatum:
Not true!
Jesus is not claimed to have lost respect for God or treated God's "thou shall not eat...." with "total contempt" when he disobeyed his parents, worked on the Sabbath and said there were other gods!
Not except for by those who dislike him and crucified him.
What time is it now?
Bud, I think you should have a nightcap and then hit the sack

Bible 101, Jesus, is God being on earth

He didnt "disobey his parents". He was going about the God business, the synagogue should have being the first place they should have searched looking around for Him

The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath, takes care of "worked on the Sabbath"

You keep shouting from the rooftop "said there were other gods"
Why not, lets once & for all, settle the gods
in this "... said there were other gods" wrong end of the stick, you keep grabbing hold of?

What is the context and your understanding of the meaning of gods, as used by Jesus and David prior to Jesus'?
Re: Why Do You Fear The Anti-christ? by budaatum: 1:03am On Sep 06, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

What is the context and your understanding of the meaning of gods, as used by Jesus and David prior to Jesus'?
The "gods" Jesus and David at the very least meant are those who have a "spirit of power, love and a sound mind".
Re: Why Do You Fear The Anti-christ? by budaatum: 1:11am On Sep 06, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

Bible 101, Jesus, is God being on earth.
Nonsense! That's simply your understanding of the Bible, at level 101!
Re: Why Do You Fear The Anti-christ? by MuttleyLaff: 1:25am On Sep 06, 2018
budaatum:
The "gods" Jesus and David at the very least meant are those who have a "spirit of power, love and a sound mind".
Bud, you seem to be singing a different part of the hymn book
so please provide the bible verses that substantiates that "gods" means "spirit of power, love and a sound mind".

budaatum:
Nonsense! That's simply your understanding of the Bible, at level 101!
Its a lot of sense fact and truth brother.
Learn to suck it up, dont struggle, dont fight it
Re: Why Do You Fear The Anti-christ? by budaatum: 10:23am On Sep 06, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Bud, you seem to be singing a different part of the hymn book
so please provide the bible verses that substantiates that "gods" means "spirit of power, love and a sound mind".

MuttleyLaff:

If you have the spirit of power, love and a sound mind, you wouldnt fear the Anti-Christ(s)

You wouldnt fear the antichrist, if you have power, love and a sound mind
Re: Why Do You Fear The Anti-christ? by MuttleyLaff: 10:57am On Sep 06, 2018
Budaatum, you really are singing a different part of the hymn book
Now, again, please provide the bible verses that supports that "gods" means "spirit of power, love and a sound mind".
Let's have the bible verses that says, gods means spirit of power, love and sound mind
Re: Why Do You Fear The Anti-christ? by budaatum: 11:01am On Sep 06, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Budaatum, you really are singing a different part of the hymn book
Now, again, please provide the bible verses that supports that "gods" means "spirit of power, love and a sound mind".
Let's have the bible verses that says, gods means spirit of power, love and sound mind
I've answered you mutt. The Holy Spirit doesn't often give better chapter and verse than I've already given you.

And I didn't say it "meant"! It's meaning is not limited to that.

(1) (Reply)

The Greatest Scam In History / There Is No Such Thing As "Fallen Angels" / Michael Jackson’s Daughter Set To Portray Jesus As A Lesbian In A New Movie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.