Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

Thank God always - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Thank God always (1544 Views)

My Wife Poisoned My Food But Thank God I Survived - Nigerian Man Reveals / Dad Rejoices, Thank God And FG As Daughter Return From Ukraine / Be Grateful To God Always.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thank God always by Nobody: 12:41am On Sep 04, 2018
Re: Thank God always by BlackDBagba: 12:46am On Sep 04, 2018
undecided
Re: Thank God always by Nobody: 12:56am On Sep 04, 2018
BlackDBagba:
undecided

I said women so gerarahia mehnn grin
Re: Thank God always by Alejoc(m): 1:23am On Sep 04, 2018
He is very dysfunctional but o wished you have tried to stamped it out earlier than now....... Don't suffer in silence.... Report him to the police if he dare raise his hands against you or sue him to court! He will calm down..... I wonder what your courtship was like... What made you settle for him before the kids starts to come around..... Many people are walking psychos..... He obviously doesn't have much respect left for you and I don't know any easy way to get that back.... Maybe an holiday or group standing.... I really feel your pain!

6 Likes

Re: Thank God always by godfatherx: 1:57am On Sep 04, 2018
I'm a man, you want advice from mothers and wives, but I will give you one unsolicited.

He wants apology, give it to him please.
Reason why you should apologize?
NONE.
But I will still say apologize!

It won't reduce your lifespan or reduce your height.

I want to write more, but it will only incure more wrath of feminists on NL.

1 Like

Re: Thank God always by Nobody: 3:01am On Sep 04, 2018
Alejoc:
He is very dysfunctional but o wished you have tried to stamped it out earlier than now....... Don't suffer in silence.... Report him to the police if he dare raise his hands against you or sue him to court! He will calm down..... I wonder what your courtship was like... What made you settle for him before the kids starts to come around..... Many people are walking psychos..... He obviously doesn't have much respect left for you and I don't know any easy way to get that back.... Maybe an holiday or group standing.... I really feel your pain!

Our courtship was better than now. He didn't really exhibit d temper. Not that he didn't show it at all, he did but definitely not as bad as it is now. I wish he had shown it in full force d way he is now, my dear, u know what im about to say... I been thru a lot after this delivery of this my baby and he knows it. From one doctors appointment to another. For some days now i noticed im having pus coming out of where I was torn to have my baby (C section) its probably infected idk and he knows that cos he can't provide cash for me to see d doctor before my appointment date tomorrow, I had to be managing myself since Friday I started noticing d pus till tomorrow which I have appointment hoping I will get paid by today so I will be able to hold cash incase of treatment. But yet Ive been very cool about everything. At times I wonder how bad I really am. Maybe I've made myself such a dunce hence d lack of respect for me I don't know. I really don't need this trouble in my life right now. Marriage ain't easy. It can just end up being an unnecessary headache all round. Phew!!
Re: Thank God always by cococandy(f): 4:33am On Sep 04, 2018
Hopefully someday, he doesn’t hit the child so hard that he gives him a permanent injury. His heart might be in the right place by wanting to discipline his child but as most african parents, he’s going about it the wrong way.

Most of us were abused by our parents in the name of discipline. Excessive beatings and punishments does not help the child in any way except giving them low self esteem and/or turning them into people who hit others out of anger.

Maybe you can tell him this see if it changes his mind.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thank God always by Alejoc(m): 7:42am On Sep 04, 2018
GoodKay:

Our courtship was better than now. He didn't really exhibit d temper. Not that he didn't show it at all, he did but definitely not as bad as it is now. I wish he had shown it in full force d way he is now, my dear, u know what im about to say... I been thru a lot after this delivery of this my baby and he knows it. From one doctors appointment to another. For some days now i noticed im having pus coming out of where I was torn to have my baby (C section) its probably infected idk and he knows that cos he can't provide cash for me to see d doctor before my appointment date tomorrow, I had to be managing myself since Friday I started noticing d pus till tomorrow which I have appointment hoping I will get paid by today so I will be able to hold cash incase of treatment. But yet Ive been very cool about everything. At times I wonder how bad I really am. Maybe I've made myself such a dunce hence d lack of respect for me I don't know. I really don't need this trouble in my life right now. Marriage ain't easy. It can just end up being an unnecessary headache all round. Phew!!

If you die, everybody will move on.... You need to enjoy and not only endure.....have a heart to heart talk with him on days when you know he is happier, cease the opportunity to make him understand that you feel like a slave that can be shouted down at any time and you are not enjoying enough peace of mind like you will want. Let him know you feel like you are married to a different person you fell in love with..... Keep your tone as low as possible.....don't be afraid to risk it all..... You life and sanity matters..... After that try and be of your best behaviour and avoid anything that can keep you in his firing line and pls make your health a priority! Don't loose your life cheaply and don't let your situation drive you crazy!

3 Likes

Re: Thank God always by keepingmum: 9:15am On Sep 04, 2018
madam, please continue to pray and wear red pyant and leopard brassierre....and then knee dan and apologise to him whilst wearing ya red pyant and leopard print bra
massage his ego with coconut oil down to his anus you hear......mtsheeewww,when what is doing you really start doing you, you will know what to do.
the "the devil is attacking marriages crew"

You are bringing up 3 beautiful children in an environment that encourages violence and assaults as long as the person is "loving and involved" in each others lives and thats not healthy...

Anyway, madam goodkay, please send me a mail - i will send you a token so you can see a doc regarding your pus as its clearly infected and you are at increased risk of septicaemia which can be fatal...you have 3 children to live for.

9 Likes

Re: Thank God always by Nobody: 9:29am On Sep 04, 2018
Straight to the point madam.

Your hubby's got a bloated ego. And this can only mean one thing for your union; you'll be the one who's going to do all the work. That's making things work out will be solely up to you.

Are you up for this?

And...

Once a man hits you once and gets away with it, he's going to do it again and again. Unless you take drastic measures.

You've got yourself and kids to take care of. Put your foot down.

3 Likes

Re: Thank God always by nnamdibig(m): 9:57am On Sep 04, 2018
Madam, from what you said, you provide majority of the finances used in running the house and you still sound this cool.
I must commend you on that. But with this his temper, I can say you are living on a time bomb if he is to start earning more than you or if he should start providing everything in the house.
But I guess you are a very easy going and carefree woman that hardly take issues to heart(reason why you have been able to stay with him)
Re: Thank God always by Eketem: 10:05am On Sep 04, 2018
While I may understand women who accept abuse from their husbands I don't understand women who won't protect their kids.

He will make your child afraid of learning or making mistakes.

You need to stand up for your child not by quarelling in front of the child but by talking to him about discipline, he has an anger management issue and he needs to understand that and get help before somebody gets hurt

1 Like

Re: Thank God always by eyinjuege: 5:18pm On Sep 04, 2018
I'm not worried about the slaps you chop, as you seem to enjoy them.
I'm just worri3d about your children growing up with th3 long term effects of the regular slaps they chop. They may grow deaf one day.
Secondly, I also worry about the low self esteem they will eventually grow up with, and how they will function in real life when old enough.
Children blossom when nurtured in a friendly stress free environment..
It is well with your children o. Maybe you could buy him books on raising confident children. I'm sure Google will bring out some when you search.
Anyway, it will be a good idea to discuss with him not to erode the self confidence of your children, even if you lack any. I hope you are still in contact with your family members, as i have a feeling you will need them seriously in the future.
Goodluck
N:B this one that I'm r3placing my e for 3, I hope e-slap is not awaiting m3. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Thank God always by OmoAlata1(f): 6:36pm On Sep 04, 2018
You better put your children first especially your son before he becomes an adult and have passionate hatre for you.

He did not choose his father, you chose that beast for him as a father. He did not force you to born, you made that choice. It is your duty to protect him and to make sure he grows up to be mentally sound man one day.

That poor boy, imagine shaking out fear of being beaten and you are still in that house. I pity that boy. I wish they have child protective services in Nigeria, I would have called one on you. You are willing to forsake your son mental health for being called Mrs. and chopping steady dicck. in fact you need a hot slap. Madam, receive sense

2 Likes

Re: Thank God always by StrongWoman333(f): 8:50pm On Sep 04, 2018
Lol at Chopping hot slaps... grin grin grin
Re: Thank God always by StrongWoman333(f): 8:55pm On Sep 04, 2018
OmoAlata1:
You better put your children first especially your son before he becomes an adult and have passionate hatre for you.

He did not choose his father, you chose that beast for him as a father. He did not force you to born, you made that choice. It is your duty to protect him and to make sure he grows up to be mentally sound man one day.

That poor boy, imagine shaking out fear of being beaten and you are still in that house. I pity that boy. I wish they have child protective services in Nigeria, I would have called one on you. You are willing to forsake your son mental health for being called Mrs. and chopping steady dicck. in fact you need a hot slap. Madam, receive sense
She is chopping hot slaps and steady dick grin grin grin I just tire for some women sha how do they always end up with this kind people?
Re: Thank God always by realtalk19: 9:41pm On Sep 04, 2018
Hmm op,I pray you will not regret not taking a flight when you had to..gradually ur organs Wil get weak as time goes on from constant beatings and ur son's ears may develop internal bleeding as time goes on.

My ex husband was like that and raising a child up in such hostile and violent environment is damaging to u and the kids pschologically and mentally.plz what is his usefulness as a husband if you are footing the cash for all expenses. U can hire a part time maid to help out with the chores and the kids and save your life and live in peace

Being a single mum wasn't by choice but by circumstances beyond my control which bcame life threatening emotionally,financially and psychologically.
I made a choice to move on with my kids,my life and my sanity. I have peace of mind now am releaved and I have no regrets taking that step.

Plz op make a choice and save you life and your kids before it's too late.your husband can Neva ever change.u have all it takes to move on with ur kids.

1 Like

Re: Thank God always by ImaIma1(f): 10:43pm On Sep 04, 2018
godfatherx:
I'm a man, you want advice from mothers and wives, but I will give you one unsolicited.

NONE.

Acknowledging his wrong and apologizing won't also reduce his life span.

Men take advantage of the fact that because the wife wants "peace to reign", she apologises. It is an unhealthy way of resolving a problem and it will backfire one day.

2 Likes

Re: Thank God always by realtalk19: 4:31am On Sep 05, 2018
ImaIma1:

Acknowledging his wrong and apologizing won't also reduce his life span.

Men take advantage of the fact that because the wife wants "peace to reign", she apologises. It is an unhealthy way of resolving a problem and it will backfire one day.

Sorry to ask ,are u seeing the violence part at all?

All u are telling her is to apologise and not saying anything about the main problem.
Re: Thank God always by realtalk19: 4:34am On Sep 05, 2018
Eketem:
While I may understand women who accept abuse from their husbands I don't understand women who won't protect their kids.

He will make your child afraid of learning or making mistakes.

You need to stand up for your child not by quarelling in front of the child but by talking to him about discipline, he has an anger management issue and he needs to understand that and get help before somebody gets hurt

That's not anger alone.its a full blown domestic assault and violence and it's getting worse.

1 Like

Re: Thank God always by realtalk19: 4:37am On Sep 05, 2018
cococandy:
Hopefully someday, he doesn’t hit the child so hard that he gives him a permanent injury. His heart might be in the right place by wanting to discipline his child but as most african parents, he’s going about it the wrong way.

Most of us were abused by our parents in the name of discipline. Excessive beatings and punishments does not help the child in any way except giving them low self esteem and/or turning them into people who hit others out of anger.

The child is not the only victim here,she is also going through domestic abuse but afraid to make a choice. It gets to a point one will be so scared to run because you feel there is no where u Wil run to that he wunt find out or threaten you especially ones kids
Re: Thank God always by realtalk19: 4:41am On Sep 05, 2018
cococandy:

The child is not the only victim here,she is also going through domestic abuse but afraid to make a choice. It gets to a point one will be so scared to run because you feel there is no where u Wil run to that he wunt find out or threaten you especially ones kids
Re: Thank God always by realtalk19: 4:45am On Sep 05, 2018
godfatherx:

NONE.

Are you reading the domestic violence part ?

Are u reading his not taking responsibility rather she is the one doing his duties?

All u proofer is to kip apologising but still the problem still remains. I hope she doesn't end up dead.

Not all domestic abuse is caused by the women some men grew up with a dyfunctional lifestyle so they feel the only way to be the man of the house and get respect is by hitting a woman and being abusive.

1 Like

Re: Thank God always by Eketem: 6:14am On Sep 05, 2018
realtalk19:

She is an adult she chooses to stay with an abuser even though she is the one providing and can afford to leave and provide for her kids, she doesn't want to be called a woman without husband, her choice nobody can force her but a child didn't choose this situation hence the child is the only victim here

1 Like

Re: Thank God always by ImaIma1(f): 7:00am On Sep 05, 2018
realtalk19:

Sorry to ask ,are u seeing the violence part at all?

All u are telling her is to apologise and not saying anything about the main problem.

You quoted the wrong person. I wasn't the one that said she should apologize. I actually quoted the person who said it.
Re: Thank God always by Exponental(m): 7:33am On Sep 05, 2018
You know his nature. Ensure you communicate well. Body language does the deal, either good or bad. But if he beats you, report before he kills you.
Re: Thank God always by realtalk19: 8:01am On Sep 05, 2018
ImaIma1:

You quoted the wrong person. I wasn't the one that said she should apologize. I actually quoted the person who said it.

Sorry about that Imalma 1
Re: Thank God always by realtalk19: 8:05am On Sep 05, 2018
Eketem:

She is an adult she chooses to stay with an abuser even though she is the one providing and can afford to leave and provide for her kids, she doesn't want to be called a woman without husband, her choice nobody can force her but a child didn't choose this situation hence the child is the only victim here

Ok. Well understood
Re: Thank God always by ImaIma1(f): 8:06am On Sep 05, 2018
I don't believe any woman should condone maltreatment of any kind from their husbands all in a bid to be a virtuous wife or remain married.

If he decides to act foolish, please leave him to his foolishness.
Re: Thank God always by realtalk19: 8:22am On Sep 05, 2018
Eketem:

Ok. I understand
Re: Thank God always by Prognose: 6:23pm On Sep 05, 2018
GoodKay:

You married someone with anger issues. Coupled with the fact that the first few years of marriage are really tough, but if you can scale through it, things eventually get better.

You say his anger has already isolated his family members and friends, that's a bad sign that its getting the better of him. It might be a good idea to sit him down on a casual day and talk to him about it and see if he himself knows he has a problem and is willing to change. Mention what his anger can lead to both for you and the kids.

From your balanced writeup I see that he's a good man, he cares for his family and wants to contribute in anyway he can, however he's not perfect and his anger is getting in the way. Try and be patient with him.

As per your immediate problem, apologise to him if that's what will calm him down for now. When you guys are in a playful mood again, bring the issue of his anger up and talk to him about it, tell him how it has affected his family and friends , how it is making you scared of him and how it makes him say hurtful things to you and how it can affect his children in the future. Say all this calmly and quietly, not quarrelously, its not a confrontation, more of an intervention.

I beleive your marriage issues can be solved with patience. He seems to have a good heart but a bad upbringing. If he gets more violent or worse however, consider seeking help from an older person he respects.

All the best.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thank God always by placeofallure(f): 10:03pm On Sep 05, 2018
Madam, I feel for you. You seem to be passing through a lot. His anger is not only borne out of natural temperamental disorder but also through his poor financial standing. Men seem to be frustrated when they cannot man up financially. I don't know how many hits you can take but you have to look for a way by hook or by crook to dissuade him from hitting the children. I am a child psychologist and I know the dangers of doing this to the child, especially in the head region. God forbid you won't like the consequences! The child may suffer mental inertia or shut down totally. Go and google about ADHD. If he can't control his temper around the children, then he should stop assisting with homework. Sometimes, kids are not ready to write until they are six so what's the hurry? If they're not six yet, no worries! Better still, he should seek help. He needs to keep his emotions in check to avoid stories that touch the heart.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help! Two Ladies, Don't Know Which To Wife. / Whether Married Or Not Married You Must Read This Story (photo) / Are You Still Using Your Wedding Ring ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.