Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,555 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:17 PM

We Have Seperated More Than 4 Times Yet I Still Want To Marry Her - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / We Have Seperated More Than 4 Times Yet I Still Want To Marry Her (943 Views)

I Make Love Every 3 To 4 Times Everyday Said By Popular Actress (see Photo) / When You Are Mad At Bae But You Still Want To Cuddle / TEST: Marry Her If She Can Eat This With You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Have Seperated More Than 4 Times Yet I Still Want To Marry Her by Dcompany1: 10:11am On Jun 30, 2010
I had to register on nairaland because i have seen a lot of useful advice on this forum.
My situation is quite pathetic because i don't seem to know what to do now hence i ask this forum for some advice.
A little about myself: 
I am 30yrs old, I finished my Nysc in 2005 and presently working in a procurement firm in Port Harcourt, my salary is 40k and i am squatting with two friends- one married with kids(His family lives in Benin) and the other guy is equally single.(he is 37 yrs old).
halfway into my service , i incidentally met an old friend(i will call her Joy) in  Benin whom i had initially asked out(first met her in 1997 in delta state when i went to visit my Uncle). we traveled together that same day , while i was heading back for my PPA and she was going home. i asked her out that day and she yielded.
the relationship was all bliss until after my service, when I got a job in Lagos . she was pregnant and I was in Lagos while she was a student in Uniben(300 level), we got it sorted. after the pregnancy issue, we started having other issues and somehow separated.this separation lasted for about 1yr and we were reconciled again. The bliss lasted another 7months then another issue came up. (we had a truth or dare session where we both confessed our sins, although i think hers was more grave than mine) i confessed to having a one night stand with her friend way back in school, that was before she yielded say 2002(i had the fling with her Enitan in 2002). unknown to me the girl (Enitan) was her best friend up until the time of our confessions. Right after the confessions ,she started behaving funny and wouldnt take my calls nor return any. after much pressures from me, cos we were still apart, a friend of hers took my call and told me that Enitan was fetish and that she had started keeping enmity with Joy  because Joy stole her boyfriend and because of that she was getting off the relationship.(i was slightly drunk that day)
After a while again we started chatting and we got back to the relationship and off again.
the reason am writing this now is because we are back again to where we left off. she is still single and she is 29. what caused the last separation was that i told her she had attitude problems and that i was there to help her through it( not entirely her fault because she had a very terrible experience as a child and her mum passed on while she was very young. this led to her falling in moods occasionally) and her response was that there was no us anymore, that the handwriting was on the wall.
I called her last week, and she expressed herself as this" if only i could take back all i said" . the truth is that i love this girl so much such that i can never love another the way i do her.  and am thinking of proposing to her  when i see her in a couple of days from now. she also told me she was ready for marriage and that i have not shown interest in marrying her hence most of her worries.
On my part, my salary is 40k with no apartment of my own.
DO YOU THINK ITS OK I GO ON WITH MY PLANS OF PROPOSING TO HER NOW?
Re: We Have Seperated More Than 4 Times Yet I Still Want To Marry Her by Nobody: 10:15am On Jun 30, 2010
did u just register because u want to post this? or u hands is just stratching u
Re: We Have Seperated More Than 4 Times Yet I Still Want To Marry Her by Dcompany1: 10:23am On Jun 30, 2010
my hands are not itching me, am just trying to unburden myself. am really serious.
Re: We Have Seperated More Than 4 Times Yet I Still Want To Marry Her by Nobody: 10:29am On Jun 30, 2010
Your story is really pathetic,

No need using my Sledge Hammer on u

I think both of you should sit down and talk about your lives. You need to sort out all your differences once and for all. Marriage is not sometin u jump in and out at will. I suggest you take her to a place where u can talk heart-to-heart.

Since you dont have an apartment, maybe book a hotel room, but dont let the animal in both of u overshadow what u came to sort out. If possible, dont have any body contact with her.

If u love urselves so much, and u're all willing to forgive one another without regrets, u can talk about marriage and proposal. But remember, most times, we forgive and dont forget. So u 2 should get ready to live with it all.

Then comes the issue of ur 40k monthly salary. I think u should even rent an apartment b4 u talk about marriage. U need to save up for one first.

Wish u all the best. Will contribute further as the thread develops.
Re: We Have Seperated More Than 4 Times Yet I Still Want To Marry Her by Dcompany1: 10:35am On Jun 30, 2010
many thanks Firearm,
the apartment issue is really killing me. am saving to get a decent one . its really expensive down here
Re: We Have Seperated More Than 4 Times Yet I Still Want To Marry Her by Nobody: 10:39am On Jun 30, 2010
I know PH well enof.

With around 100 or 120k, u can get a miniflat per annum.  that is bedroom and sitting room, kitchen, toilet and bath.  U can start from there.

1st things 1st pls.

But u need to get down and talk with her.  Never make sentimental decisions at this stage. Your future is at stake
Re: We Have Seperated More Than 4 Times Yet I Still Want To Marry Her by Nobody: 10:43am On Jun 30, 2010
Firearm has advised you wella.i just have this to say your salary should not scare you away frm proposing if the lady is willing to manage with you.
Re: We Have Seperated More Than 4 Times Yet I Still Want To Marry Her by Spyker: 10:48am On Jun 30, 2010
Firearm:

Your story is really pathetic,

No need using my Sledge Hammer on u

I think both of you should sit down and talk about your lives. You need to sort out all your differences once and for all. Marriage is not sometin u jump in and out at will. I suggest you take her to a place where u can talk heart-to-heart.

Since you dont have an apartment, maybe book a hotel room, but dont let the animal in both of u overshadow what u came to sort out. If possible, dont have any body contact with her.

If u love urselves so much, and u're all willing to forgive one another without regrets, u can talk about marriage and proposal. But remember, most times, we forgive and dont forget. So u 2 should get ready to live with it all.

Then comes the issue of your 40k monthly salary. I think u should even rent an apartment b4 u talk about marriage. U need to save up for one first.

Wish u all the best. Will contribute further as the thread develops.

Take the advise above and don't let the pressure from a relationship force you into marriage when you are not ready financially and emotionally.
Re: We Have Seperated More Than 4 Times Yet I Still Want To Marry Her by Dcompany1: 10:58am On Jun 30, 2010
thanks to all of you guys
Re: We Have Seperated More Than 4 Times Yet I Still Want To Marry Her by Acidosis(m): 11:01am On Jun 30, 2010
Can't you get another babe?
Re: We Have Seperated More Than 4 Times Yet I Still Want To Marry Her by Dcompany1: 11:09am On Jun 30, 2010
i have had other relationships in between but they dint feel right.
Re: We Have Seperated More Than 4 Times Yet I Still Want To Marry Her by SkySpirit(m): 12:47pm On Jun 30, 2010
D company:

I had to register on nairaland because i have seen a lot of useful advice on this forum.
My situation is quite pathetic because i don't seem to know what to do now hence i ask this forum for some advice.
A little about myself: 
I am 30yrs old, I finished my Nysc in 2005 and presently working in a procurement firm in Port Harcourt, my salary is 40k and i am squatting with two friends- one married with kids(His family lives in Benin) and the other guy is equally single.(he is 37 yrs old).
halfway into my service , i incidentally met an old friend(i will call her Joy) in  Benin whom i had initially asked out(first met her in 2007 in delta state when i went to visit my Uncle). we traveled together that same day , while i was heading back for my PPA and she was going home. i asked her out that day and she yielded.
the relationship was all bliss until after my service, when I got a job in Lagos and she was pregnant i was in Lagos while she was a student in Uniben(300 level), we got it sorted. after the pregnancy issue, we started having other issues and somehow separated.this separation lasted for about 1yr and we were reconciled again. The bliss lasted another 7months then another issue came up. (we had a truth or dare session where we both confessed our sins, although i think hers was more grave than mine) i confessed to having a one night stand with her friend way back in school, that was before she yielded say 2002. unknown to me the girl (Enitan) was her best friend up until the time of our confessions. Right after the confessions ,she started behaving funny and wouldnt take my calls nor return any. after much pressures from me, cos we were still apart, a friend of hers took my call and told me that Enitan was fetish and that she had started keeping enmity with Joy  because Joy stole her boyfriend and because of that she was getting off the relationship.(i was slightly drunk that day)
After a while again we started chatting and we got back to the relationship and off again.
the reason am writing this now is because we are back again to where we left off. she is still single and she is 29. what caused the last separation was that i told her she had attitude problems and that i was there to help her through it( not entirely her fault because she had a very terrible experience as a child and her mum passed on while she was very young. this led to her falling in moods occasionally) and her response was that there was no us anymore, that the handwriting was on the wall.
I called her last week, and she expressed herself as this" if only i could take back all i said" . the truth is that i love this girl so much such that i can never love another the way i do her.  and am thinking of proposing to her  when i see her in a couple of days from now. she also told me she was ready for marriage and that i have not shown interest in marrying her hence most of her worries.
On my part, my salary is 40k with no apartment of my own.
DO YOU THINK ITS OK I GO ON WITH MY PLANS OF PROPOSING TO HER NOW?

@Poster,
Pls reconcile the bolded portions, it seems a bit confusing contradictory.
Re: We Have Seperated More Than 4 Times Yet I Still Want To Marry Her by Dcompany1: 1:21pm On Jun 30, 2010
sorry that was a typo
Re: We Have Seperated More Than 4 Times Yet I Still Want To Marry Her by Dcompany1: 1:22pm On Jun 30, 2010
I first met her in 1997 not 2007 sorry bout that (typo)

We met again in 2005 during my Nysc

I got a job in Lagos in November 2005(i finished service in August) she was pregnant while in 300level and i was working in Lagos

i had the fling with her friend who was in the same school with me.

thanks for the corrections, i will correct the original post now.
Re: We Have Seperated More Than 4 Times Yet I Still Want To Marry Her by 190: 1:35pm On Jun 30, 2010
^^

yOU be Bad Guy!! grin

meanwhile has any body seen pweety4 me around here

Im looking for her~
Re: We Have Seperated More Than 4 Times Yet I Still Want To Marry Her by sweetliet: 1:40pm On Jun 30, 2010
guy follow ur heart, no matter what we advice u hia, d best advice is in ur heart
Re: We Have Seperated More Than 4 Times Yet I Still Want To Marry Her by mylove4him(f): 3:48pm On Jun 30, 2010
If in 13 yrs u ve broken up 4 times so lets assume u are married for 21 years u will end up breaking up like 7 times. You guys should grow up u are no more kids. Couples have problems but the ability to sought it out early enough makes any good relationship.
Re: We Have Seperated More Than 4 Times Yet I Still Want To Marry Her by luap: 4:03pm On Jun 30, 2010
I'd be cautious about becomming a married couple.  Seems you both lack commitment to work through your problems and become stronger.  You known this woman for a very long time, sounds like you two value eachother as friends, so stay friends.  Not often do we have friends of the opposite gender for so many years.
Re: We Have Seperated More Than 4 Times Yet I Still Want To Marry Her by DeepSoul(f): 4:56pm On Jun 30, 2010
I'm in a somewhat similar situation. Known my Bf for three years now and in these three years, we've broken up once for three months.
We've had series of "breaks in transmission" totalling 7 months. So total time apart = 10 months.
In three years, we've been apart for 10 months. Surely that isn't a good thing. . .??

There are married couples I know who have told us this is normal in a r/ship. I however do not fully agree. If one or both parties tend(s) to run away and "blank out" whenever there's an issue rather than work towards sorting it out, surely that signifies a problem, abi doesn't it??

This thing is eating me up. . .Anyway sha. . .

@OP:
I know that feeling of it not feeling right with any other person. Just follow ur heart sha, and most importantly, pray about it. The only thing that worries me about ur issue is that fact that you do not have a house yet. If u can try and save up a certain % of ur salary every month just for that purpose, it would help. . .The 40k salary doesn't stop you from proposing, but it does restrict having a wedding. If u wanna propose, do so! Afterall who knows, you just might get a better job along the line! First things first sha, try and get a house! And if "Joy" has any source(s) of income, it wouldnt hurt for her to supplement. Good luck oh!
Re: We Have Seperated More Than 4 Times Yet I Still Want To Marry Her by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jun 30, 2010
@ Deep Soul
Is this a problem peculiar to PHC. Seems u are in PHC too (just kidding)

Anyway, I just moved into PHC but yet to notice this

Still d same advice. There are always ups and downs. Most important is to know how to manage them. Even in marriage, it is not perfect. You all just have to be matured.

Whenever u have an issue with your b/f and g/f, you know who is matured if u guys can brace up and discuss it. eg, if I did smtin wrong to u as ur partner, I expect u to come around and tell me what I did wrong (if u are matured); instead of beafing me. If I am also matured, I should reason with you and apoligize and PROMISING NEVER to do it again. Sometimes, I might not see anything wrong in what I did; but b'cus it hurt u, I should understand u dont like it and apologize.

In relationship, it is not always a win-win situation. The primary goal should be to make one's partner happy at all times.

Hope this helps
Re: We Have Seperated More Than 4 Times Yet I Still Want To Marry Her by DeepSoul(f): 5:43pm On Jun 30, 2010
^^Lol@peculiar to Ph! If only it was, I'd have moved out ages ago!

My case is sad because my partner just doesnt believe in talking! I mean, isn't that just insane?? I do something to him and he decides not to tell me so he doesn't come across as being a "nag" (or something along that line). If it ended there, we wouldn't have a problem. But he subsequently stores up all these supposed wrongs and "pain" inside him and one day just explodes from it! And when that happens, there's an almost absolute cut in communication from him! Without any warning and still refusing to tell me what my crime was/is.

Even criminals who are convicted of an offence are informed of what their offence was/is just before they are arrested. And it goes on like that till his sanity is restored. Back and forth, all over. It's tiring.

Firearm:

[color=#000099

Sometimes, I might not see anything wrong in what I did; but b'cus it hurt u, I should understand u dont like it and apologize.
The primary goal should be to make one's partner happy at all times.
[/color]
Seriously, did you steal that line from my head? That's the exact thing I say all the time!
Re: We Have Seperated More Than 4 Times Yet I Still Want To Marry Her by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jun 30, 2010
^^^
I shouldn't be at all. Many a time, we hurt God and He still forgives, I think we shuld strive to be like Him.

No need storing them up and exploding finally. It is best to settle it there and then and carry no grudges. There is something I read up somewhere that has been so helpful to me:

Never carry a grudge against ur partner for over 24 hours.
If it is ver 24 hours, let it go.

I think that will help
Re: We Have Seperated More Than 4 Times Yet I Still Want To Marry Her by Dcompany1: 8:17am On Jul 01, 2010
a couple of factors stand in the way of resolving issues in our relationships:

1.pride,

2.ego,

3.anger,

4.distance,

the separations my relationship suffered are as a result of the above four.although it is not limited to these only, there are a lot more,
just like the contributors have said so far , it takes maturity to to be able to handle issues and thats where we missed it.
i have read several articles talking about managing partners with moods and i can see that i dint manage mine well. and she wld have perceived that i dint understand her. but now i do.

many thanks to all you guys that have contributed to this topic.
Re: We Have Seperated More Than 4 Times Yet I Still Want To Marry Her by Nobody: 9:42am On Jul 01, 2010
D company:

a couple of factors stand in the way of resolving issues in our relationships:

1.pride,

2.ego,

3.anger,

4.distance,
the separations my relationship suffered are as a result of the above four.although it is not limited to these only, there are a lot more,
just like the contributors have said so far , it takes maturity to to be able to handle issues and thats where we missed it.
i have read several articles talking about managing partners with moods and i can see that i dint manage mine well. and she wld have perceived that i dint understand her. but now i do.

many thanks to all you guys that have contributed to this topic.

The bolded is your major problem. I've never seen the good in distance relationships. It takes discipline, perseverance and humulity to maintain one. Besides the distance makes it impossible to determine compactibility in two people.

You love this lady and I think she loves you too. You guys need to make it work.

But before that, you need to be in the same town, possibly live together for at least 3 months. Then you guys don't end up killing yourselves, you can buy the engagement ring!

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Nigerian Women More Successful Than Nigerian Men? / Strange Number Call Me / Calls me everytime

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.