Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,717 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:52 PM

My Golf 4 Is To Change Engine To 2.0 Today. - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Golf 4 Is To Change Engine To 2.0 Today. (3990 Views)

My Golf 3 For Sale / My Golf 3 Misbehave When It Pass Through Water / BMW 766i Valkyrie 4×4 Is The Most Monstrous BMW You've Ever Seen (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Golf 4 Is To Change Engine To 2.0 Today. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:34pm On Sep 05, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

lolz I don tire today.... I [b]dey 3mb [/b]dey type.....

person set me up (valfor another thread think say I go run....

na im I con release the wild in me.....

I don seriously tire...

dancock u can have ur thread

you don turn lagosian?
Re: My Golf 4 Is To Change Engine To 2.0 Today. by obekediamondfuto(m): 8:42pm On Sep 05, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

you don turn lagosian?

bros na long story oh..... to me na promo but I don Come lag final...... based on TRF

I bin wan surprise u this weekend.... just ballin ur site......
Re: My Golf 4 Is To Change Engine To 2.0 Today. by obekediamondfuto(m): 9:16pm On Sep 05, 2018
dancok:
Will it still maintain minimum fuel or will drink fuel like (baba Taju, the ogogoro drunkard)? On the second question, will the speed increase?

These monikers should not come here, Dipotivo, obeke.......... whatever, i can't remember the rest.

baba dee.... abeg I can't wait any longer......

show me pics, curiosity and anxiety wan wound me for here......

I want to see how this play ends OH..... either with the car in the bush, the car on the road, or the car @ mgbuka .

abeg douse my curiosity
Re: My Golf 4 Is To Change Engine To 2.0 Today. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:27pm On Sep 05, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

bros na long story oh.....
to me na promo but I don Come lag final...... based on TRF

I bin wan surprise u this weekend.... just ballin ur site......

many have tried, an ended up meeting Abiodun grin

1 Like

Re: My Golf 4 Is To Change Engine To 2.0 Today. by banky3w(m): 9:40pm On Sep 05, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Banky3w do we enlist him?
Since he came through the orijinal channel............ Yes
Re: My Golf 4 Is To Change Engine To 2.0 Today. by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:09pm On Sep 05, 2018
This thread is on fire. grin

I was here.
Re: My Golf 4 Is To Change Engine To 2.0 Today. by obekediamondfuto(m): 10:16pm On Sep 05, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

many have tried, an ended up meeting Abiodun grin

his grace is sufficient for me.... I will meet u there u sef will ask urself.... what was I even doing in the office when this guy met me?
Re: My Golf 4 Is To Change Engine To 2.0 Today. by dasphinx1(m): 10:56pm On Sep 05, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Banky3w do we enlist him?

Egbon, please let me remain in my humble cartalk class so i can keep learning from you seniors... smiley
Re: My Golf 4 Is To Change Engine To 2.0 Today. by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:59pm On Sep 05, 2018
banky3w:

Since he came through the orijinal channel............ Yes

hear hear! wink

dasphinx1 you are now a card carrying member cheesy

Re: My Golf 4 Is To Change Engine To 2.0 Today. by dasphinx1(m): 11:57pm On Sep 05, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

hear hear! wink

dasphinx1 you are now a card carrying member cheesy

Oh, tank you tank you very mush (in broda Taju's voice), you are far too kind.

Dan, my eyes de itch o.... come and feed us na. We wanna witness the transformation of an initially dead Mk4 to a Bumblebee grin
Re: My Golf 4 Is To Change Engine To 2.0 Today. by Chelseafan1: 2:56am On Sep 06, 2018
Bosses, my Golf 4 when idle, raises it's rmp by itself and comes down.... Like it goes up and come down..... It's not stable.

That's the only issue I have with this car now. What can I do pls.

Cc Nurey, Diportivo (thanks for the Audi parts seller u linked me with) I got a new compressor shipped from Lag thru him, it's really nice) God bless you my man. Gazzuzz, etc etc
Re: My Golf 4 Is To Change Engine To 2.0 Today. by Alvin007: 6:20am On Sep 06, 2018
Chelseafan1:
Bosses, my Golf 4 when idle, raises it's rmp by itself and comes down.... Like it goes up and come down..... It's not stable.

That's the only issue I have with this car now. What can I do pls.

Cc Nurey, Diportivo (thanks for the Audi parts seller u linked me with) I got a new compressor shipped from Lag thru him, it's really nice) God bless you my man. Gazzuzz, etc etc
The first thing I’d love to say is ‘scan’. But then, since you said it happens only when idling. Clean the throttle body, and check the iac(idle air control) chamber/valve.
Re: My Golf 4 Is To Change Engine To 2.0 Today. by obekediamondfuto(m): 7:34am On Sep 06, 2018
Alvin007:

The first thing I’d love to say is ‘scan’. But then, since you said it happens only when idling. Clean the throttle body, and check the iac(idle air control) chamber/valve.

u r correct in the first thing to do.

even if a first trial and error works its still beta a scan is done to be certain and not be strolling in the dark...

most of these frequent issues are drive train related....

a cheap common obdII scanner can work wonders and eliminate guess work.....

a short simple story.... I washed my engine (2015) when I decided to move, the car wouldn't accelerate ..... I scanned and saw a code relating to the TPS, cleared it and viola..... it reversed back to base.... without a scanner a rewire would have been needed to probe and all that .... time and money would be spent.

then we wouldn't have known what caused the issue sef cos he'd service several components .... then the faulty one wouldn't be known.

now when I wash my ride I am always conscious of my TPS..... same with abs

the most effective cost cutting approach is to own a scanner no matter the grade..... these Bluetooth scanners are not bad at all but I am not sure if the application cuts across all brands and year models tho.

just wanted to say something indirectly relating to that guy that trial and error worked for.
Re: My Golf 4 Is To Change Engine To 2.0 Today. by Chelseafan1: 7:38am On Sep 06, 2018
Alvin007:

There's no scanner around me, I can do this things you suggested but how do I go about it. What do I clean it with? Petrol or thinner?

Can I see a picture of throttle body, iac, chamber/valve where they are located in my car.

Thanks
Re: My Golf 4 Is To Change Engine To 2.0 Today. by Chelseafan1: 7:40am On Sep 06, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

u r correct in the first thing to do.

even if a first trial and error works its still beta a scan is done to be certain and not be strolling in the dark...

most of these frequent issues are drive train related....

a cheap common obdII scanner can work wonders and eliminate guess work.....

a short simple story.... I washed my engine (2015) when I decided to move, the car wouldn't accelerate ..... I scanned and saw a code relating to the TPS, cleared it and viola..... it reversed back to base.... without a scanner a rewire would have been needed to probe and all that .... time and money would be spent.

then we wouldn't have known what caused the issue sef cos he'd service several components .... then the faulty one wouldn't be known.

now when I wash my ride I am always conscious of my TPS..... same with abs

the most effective cost cutting approach is to own a scanner no matter the grade..... these Bluetooth scanners are not bad at all but I am not sure if the application cuts across all brands and year models tho.

just wanted to say something indirectly relating to that guy that trial and error worked for.

My car is a 1999 Golf 4, where can I get this scanner in Ife.?
Re: My Golf 4 Is To Change Engine To 2.0 Today. by obekediamondfuto(m): 7:47am On Sep 06, 2018
Chelseafan1:

My car is a 1999 Golf 4, where can I get this scanner in Ife.?

lolz........ na to look up online.... most of the scanners u see around actually come in from overseas.....

once u can search for the right type for ur vehicle u can always go to an online store and purchase....

lemme do some research

kingreign, rdautoworks, Gazuzz, chukel, inception, diportivo, etc

abeg I no sabi this one.... any scanner for this vehicle?

updated u r so fortunate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-o_MNFVMu0

a normal obdii scanner will work.... for your personal non complex applications..... to give u insight into some of the less complex systems of the ride...

good thing is the Bluetooth ones are so damn cheap.... the standalone also has its pros though

thes scanners are everywhere in Nigeria.

aninweze give this guy link for Yankee and local order abeg
Re: My Golf 4 Is To Change Engine To 2.0 Today. by Chelseafan1: 7:55am On Sep 06, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

lolz........ na to look up online.... most of the scanners u see around actually come in from overseas.....

once u can search for the right type for ur vehicle u can always go to an online store and purchase....

lemme do some research

kingreign, rdautoworks, Gazuzz, chukel, inception, diportivo, etc

abeg I no sabi this one.... any scanner for this vehicle?

updated u r so fortunate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-o_MNFVMu0

a normal obdii scanner will work.... for your personal non complex applications..... to give u insight into some of the less complex systems of the ride...

good thing is the Bluetooth ones are so damn cheap.... the standalone also has its pros though

thes scanners are everywhere in Nigeria.

aninweze give this guy link for Yankee and local order abeg

I appreciate.

This is the throttle body, right.?

Re: My Golf 4 Is To Change Engine To 2.0 Today. by obekediamondfuto(m): 8:53am On Sep 06, 2018
Chelseafan1:

I appreciate.
This is the throttle body, right.?
yes that is it
Re: My Golf 4 Is To Change Engine To 2.0 Today. by Chelseafan1: 9:07am On Sep 06, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

yes that is it

Its so dirty and sticky, what is best recommended to clean it?
Re: My Golf 4 Is To Change Engine To 2.0 Today. by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:11am On Sep 06, 2018
Chelseafan1:

Omo and jik.
Re: My Golf 4 Is To Change Engine To 2.0 Today. by Chelseafan1: 9:20am On Sep 06, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

Omo and jik.

Lol, abeg no put me for trouble o, which one be omo and jik again. grin

I've not done it b4, I'm doing this for the first time.
Re: My Golf 4 Is To Change Engine To 2.0 Today. by nurey(m): 9:31am On Sep 06, 2018
Chelseafan1:

Lol, abeg no put me for trouble o, which one be omo and jik again. grin

I've not done it b4, I'm doing this for the first time.

carberator cleaner, it is a can with straw attached sold 700naira, a small foam or a used tooth brush will do the magic.

in cinderella voice
wash, scrub and twist that brush
up, down dirts go round
Top, bottom flaps shinning
wash, scrub it's all done now

grin
Re: My Golf 4 Is To Change Engine To 2.0 Today. by Alvin007: 9:53am On Sep 06, 2018
nurey:

carberator cleaner, it is a can with straw attached sold 700naira, a small foam or a used tooth brush will do the magic.

in cinderella voice
up, down dirts go round

grin
This is an example of a cheap one you can get around you.(Op)..na inside bush I go snap am o. grin

Re: My Golf 4 Is To Change Engine To 2.0 Today. by obekediamondfuto(m): 9:57am On Sep 06, 2018
Chelseafan1:

there is a specific product that is meant to do that though.....

throttle body cleaner

but in ife if u can get ur hands on injector /carburetor cleaner.... use as little as needed to scrape off the carbon deposit..... u can use an old toothbrush to brush off the carbon then wipe clean with a cloth /towel...
Re: My Golf 4 Is To Change Engine To 2.0 Today. by obekediamondfuto(m): 9:58am On Sep 06, 2018
where is the owner of this thread sef?
Re: My Golf 4 Is To Change Engine To 2.0 Today. by Chelseafan1: 10:50am On Sep 06, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

there is a specific product that is meant to do that though.....

throttle body cleaner

but in ife if u can get ur hands on injector /carburetor cleaner.... use as little as needed to scrape off the carbon deposit..... u can use an old toothbrush to brush off the carbon then wipe clean with a cloth /towel...

There's a hole inside the throttle body, hope it's not a problem if, peradventure the cleaner/liquid gets into it?

Thanks Nurey and Alvin007
Re: My Golf 4 Is To Change Engine To 2.0 Today. by Chelseafan1: 11:09am On Sep 06, 2018
I got this,

Re: My Golf 4 Is To Change Engine To 2.0 Today. by obekediamondfuto(m): 11:20am On Sep 06, 2018
Chelseafan1:

There's a hole inside the throttle body, hope it's not a problem if, peradventure the cleaner/liquid gets into it?

Thanks Nurey and Alvin007

not a biggie.... the product is more like a fast drying solvent. ..... just give it some time to dry off before starting the vehicle....

u can look up some videos online too
Re: My Golf 4 Is To Change Engine To 2.0 Today. by Chelseafan1: 11:28am On Sep 06, 2018
My people, is this how it should be done?

What do I do after this grin

Re: My Golf 4 Is To Change Engine To 2.0 Today. by obekediamondfuto(m): 11:43am On Sep 06, 2018
Chelseafan1:
My people, is this how it should be done?

What do I do after this grin

bros too much oh too much.... haba dei

u don't need to empty the can inside there naw...

easy.... that should do the trick...

use toothbrush to remove the tar like substance.... clean with cloth and leave ur car for sometime cos this quantity wey u dey pour inside there ehn.....

leave ur ride for sometime like 1hr then start..... if symptoms persists consult an obd scanner.... ur problem is most likely drive train related in layman's language..... obd will see where it's probably coming from
Re: My Golf 4 Is To Change Engine To 2.0 Today. by Chelseafan1: 11:45am On Sep 06, 2018
nurey:

in cinderella voice
up, down dirts go round

grin

Done!!! The rmp seems very high when I turned on the engine.
Re: My Golf 4 Is To Change Engine To 2.0 Today. by Chelseafan1: 11:47am On Sep 06, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

bros too much oh too much.... haba dei

u don't need to empty the can inside there naw...

easy.... that should do the trick...

use toothbrush to remove the tar like substance.... clean with cloth and leave ur car for sometime cos this quantity wey u dey pour inside there ehn.....

leave ur ride for sometime like 1hr then start..... if symptoms persists consult an obd scanner.... ur problem is most likely drive train related in layman's language..... obd will see where it's probably coming from

Lol, na one mechanic dey spray am so. We don almost empty the can sef, the sides of the throttle body were all sprayed.

We just dey spray anything sprayable. cry cry cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Honda Accord 2006 Vs 2007 What Are The Major Differences Between The Two? / Between Matrix And Camry Sports 2008 / Gearbox Leaking Oil In Camry Tiny Light

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.