Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:00 AM

Abuja Earth Tremor: FG Offers Explanation - Science/Technology (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Abuja Earth Tremor: FG Offers Explanation (31262 Views)

Earth Tremor Rock Akure City,Ondo State / Earth Tremor: Hydrologists Speak On Possibility Of Earthquake In Nigeria / Why Earth Tremor Occurred In Abuja – FEMA (2) (3) (4)

Re: Abuja Earth Tremor: FG Offers Explanation by mvem(m): 9:31am On Sep 07, 2018
wolesmile:

Onyeoshi....
Are tremors not as a result of movements within the crust?
...i say earthquakes... you don't know anything... there are tectonic plates under the crust and there are regions on earth that this plates have faults or crack e. g around the Pacific, India etc.. They are prone to earthquakes... Most of Africa is lucky to have avoided this fault lines... Earth tremors can be caused by anything when energy passes through the earth crust as a result of an earth quake, volcanic eruption, mining, bomb or anything that can pass waves within the crust....

Re: Abuja Earth Tremor: FG Offers Explanation by mvem(m): 9:35am On Sep 07, 2018
Newboss:
The problem of illiterates is not that they don't read but that they don't get sense from what they read. angry

See your mouth like "can't have an earthquake". angry You don't have a clue at all. angry So because your daughter was a virgin last 5 years, she is definitely still a virgin today? angry
...i stand to be corrected... Our region avoided the fault lines at the tectonic plates which are the cause of the earthquake... We can have earth tremors like every other place which can be as a result of mining, bomb blast or anything that disturbs the earth crust... But we can never have an earth quake... Most of Africa avoided the fault line... Please try and know the geological reason why most of Africa don't have an earth quake except the Ethiopian and Egypt region that have fault lines in the crust... Most of us are ignorant and you are one of them

Re: Abuja Earth Tremor: FG Offers Explanation by Quincykay: 9:46am On Sep 07, 2018
Just twitted Abuja Fema for an update. None yet. They have only 400ish followers cheesy

If you can. Go to Twitter and ask them too for an answer!

https://twitter.com/FctFema
Re: Abuja Earth Tremor: FG Offers Explanation by 2016v2017: 9:48am On Sep 07, 2018
gaby:
This is coming probably almost 48 hours after the initial reports made the rounds online.

God knows why he had deliberately shielded us from major disasters. We would have all perished and dwelling in the belly of the earth before a state of emergency or an alert will be issued.

May God continue to hide us under the shadows of his wings, because as we can see, we are left to our own vices.

Enjoy my siggy
Re: Abuja Earth Tremor: FG Offers Explanation by 2016v2017: 9:49am On Sep 07, 2018
'#
gaby:
This is coming probably almost 48 hours after the initial reports made the rounds online.

God knows why he had deliberately shielded us from major disasters. We would have all perished and dwelling in the belly of the earth before a state of emergency or an alert will be issued.

May God continue to hide us under the shadows of his wings, because as we can see, we are left to our own vices.

Enjoy my siggy
Re: Abuja Earth Tremor: FG Offers Explanation by Teacher1776(m): 9:52am On Sep 07, 2018
wolesmile:

Mr Teacher..... E ti go ju! E o ni laakaye rara botiwu ko mon.
translations please.
Re: Abuja Earth Tremor: FG Offers Explanation by Dee60: 9:53am On Sep 07, 2018
They have said nothing.

This is so unprofessional. That agency is scrap.

Re: Abuja Earth Tremor: FG Offers Explanation by mapet: 9:55am On Sep 07, 2018
gaby:

You seem to be an expert in this field.

The question is, why are they putting out a public statement as an agency about 48 hrs after rumours of the first tremors were going viral.

One would have expected them to put out an information to dispel the rumours or misinformation to avert a panic situation.

How can you even sit and type that they were quiet so as not to cause panic?

Bro, I might not be an expert authority on this, I simply try to reason rationally going forward.

I never knew Joe Abba was the mouthpiece of NIMET or FEMA-NEMA

Obviously your post betrays your ignorance in things like this. Even your claim to reason "rationally going forward" is in doubt wrt this issue. Why they put out information (it's actually 24hrs) after the incident? I may not be able to hold forth for NIMET or FERMA, but check this;
a. In a scenario when you encounter vibrations, you expect NIMET or FERMA to go public and say - "Ladies and Gentlemen we have "Earthquake" pack your bags and baggages......."?, without any firm conclusion of what it actually is?
b. You expect there is no guiding principle about their procedure of communication? Everything must be sharp-sharp to you? grin grin grin grin grin
c. Who alluded that Dr. Joe Abah is the mouthpiece of NIMET and FERMA? Bros, I tot you said you reason "rationally" grin

Re: Abuja Earth Tremor: FG Offers Explanation by Nobody: 10:04am On Sep 07, 2018
gaby:

Enjoy my siggy

God knows why he had deliberately shielded us from major disasters

Stop fooling urself
Re: Abuja Earth Tremor: FG Offers Explanation by NotGej: 10:12am On Sep 07, 2018
Newboss:
Abeg bros, how is that Gwarinpa area? angry I'm considering buying a house there. angry Is it a developed area? angry

It is well planned and developed with very good infrastructure. It Is a very large estate (FHA + other adjoining private estate) with an estimated population of over 200,000.
Re: Abuja Earth Tremor: FG Offers Explanation by dallyemmy: 10:23am On Sep 07, 2018
We felt the tremor this morning around lifecamp and some dogs were evening barking immediately it happened!
Re: Abuja Earth Tremor: FG Offers Explanation by gaby(m): 10:24am On Sep 07, 2018
PrecisionFx:

God knows why he had deliberately shielded us from major disasters

Stop fooling urself

You are a dick headed imp...asswipe telling his father to be fooling himself..
Re: Abuja Earth Tremor: FG Offers Explanation by Newboss(m): 10:30am On Sep 07, 2018
NotGej:

It is well planned and developed with very good infrastructure. It Is a very large estate (FHA + other adjoining private estate) with an estimated population of over 200,000.
Hmmm. Interesting angry
Thanks angry
Re: Abuja Earth Tremor: FG Offers Explanation by HomeOfMe(f): 10:39am On Sep 07, 2018
gaby:

Enjoy my siggy
They're blaming it on the quarry untill the real quake happens;what an incompetence bunch of leaders.

Re: Abuja Earth Tremor: FG Offers Explanation by Mizwisdom(f): 10:51am On Sep 07, 2018
mvem:
...i say earthquakes... you don't know anything... there are tectonic plates under the crust and there are regions on earth that this plates have faults or crack e. g around the Pacific, India etc.. They are prone to earthquakes... Most of Africa is lucky to have avoided this fault lines... Earth tremors can be caused by anything when energy passes through the earth crust as a result of an earth quake, volcanic eruption, mining, bomb or anything that can pass waves within the crust....

Learned colleague, we are where we are today because people don't read but like to argue with little knowledge.The biggest online businesses in Nigeria are gossip blogs like LindaIkeji, NL et al while in America it's Amazon; a hub for books. Nimet has only 400+ followers on twitter, while Davido, Whizkid, Tiwa et all have millions. I weep for my country

Re: Abuja Earth Tremor: FG Offers Explanation by Machinegun91(m): 10:54am On Sep 07, 2018
Mpape is still vibrating as I write this, and my rent is yet to expire while I have no money to go rent another house somewhere else. God help us please.

Re: Abuja Earth Tremor: FG Offers Explanation by islandmoon: 10:59am On Sep 07, 2018
gaby:

This has nothing to do with just the President if the people manning the concerned agencies are actually up to speed in the discharge of their duties.

I'm sure that was what the NEMA and its likes were set up to achieve.
his actions have direct impact on the activities of those agencies, he can fire and appoint just like he pays you for defending him on social media, may be he should reward merit over tribal affiliation

even the commissioner performed better by calling SARS to order and firing the myopic DSS boss

Re: Abuja Earth Tremor: FG Offers Explanation by Henjor48(m): 10:59am On Sep 07, 2018
princeSammyz:
... She had to take cover under her table. Lol

Under her table for safety

Re: Abuja Earth Tremor: FG Offers Explanation by Emusan(m): 11:07am On Sep 07, 2018
mvem:
...i stand to be corrected... Our region avoided the fault lines at the tectonic plates which are the cause of the earthquake... We can have earth tremors like every other place which can be as a result of mining, bomb blast or anything that disturbs the earth crust... But we can never have an earth quake... Most of Africa avoided the fault line... Please try and know the geological reason why most of Africa don't have an earth quake except the Ethiopian and Egypt region that have fault lines in the crust... Most of us are ignorant and you are one of them

You're just ranting here about Tectonic plate as if you're part of the earth crust itself. Even the scientists can't be so confident in their saying the way you're just shouting up and down here.

That's how some of you will sit in south-south, south west or south east and be arguing about the issue of Boko Haram in the North.

Many people from different locations have said it here how they experience this scenario which has never been like this before in Abuja yet you're still wallowing in your delusion of mining and rock blast.

Even the deadly 2014 Yanyan bomb blast wasn't felt in AYA

Re: Abuja Earth Tremor: FG Offers Explanation by kokomaster3d: 11:14am On Sep 07, 2018
wolesmile:

Can you see your life?
So countries where earthquakes, landslides and other earth related disasters occur wan their citizens ahead, and yet they record so much casualties when these disasters occur. Is movement within the earth crust the same thing with a weather related disaster?

Receive sense.

The US government e.g. warn people before any major disaster. Most people affected are those who did not heed to the warning or refused to be evacuated.
Re: Abuja Earth Tremor: FG Offers Explanation by gaby(m): 11:19am On Sep 07, 2018
islandmoon:

his actions have direct impact on the activities of those agencies, he can fire and appoint just like he pays you for defending him on social media, may be he should reward merit over tribal affiliation

even the commissioner performed better by calling SARS to order and firing the myopic DSS boss

Pay me for defending him?? I wished you could hook me up with someone or any agency to defend on social media while smiling to the bank.
Re: Abuja Earth Tremor: FG Offers Explanation by Neoteny(m): 11:55am On Sep 07, 2018
Emusan:

Will you keep quiet? Which kin quarry blast? Is it today they have been blasting rocks in Abuja?

How come the one that happened this morning was felt all the way from Kubwa? I guess only you know how far Kubwa is to mpape

Another fool.

Who breeds you idiots, goats?

You obviously don't know shockwaves from explosives travel many miles...
Re: Abuja Earth Tremor: FG Offers Explanation by Neoteny(m): 11:57am On Sep 07, 2018
cherriex:

It can't be quarry, I felt it this morning, and I am in kado estate, never heard any quarry blast around here, besides its not a sound, it's a shaking nd am upstairs yet felt it. Am actually scared.

Underground explosives can cause tremors and aftershocks

Earthquakes happen along fault lines.

We're not on or near any fault lines.

Definitely not earthquake.

Re: Abuja Earth Tremor: FG Offers Explanation by ilevic(m): 12:02pm On Sep 07, 2018
backnbeta:
Naija and campaign after election syndrome! Other countries send out warning before wahala, naija agencies send theirs after! I hope they have evacuation plans and all, in case of emergency.

They Will Call On The US As Usual. Even Ordinary Boko Haram And Herdsmen, They Begged US
Re: Abuja Earth Tremor: FG Offers Explanation by mvem(m): 2:07pm On Sep 07, 2018
Emusan:

You're just ranting here about Tectonic plate as if you're part of the earth crust itself. Even the scientists can't be so confident in their saying the way you're just shouting up and down here.

That's how some of you will sit in south-south, south west or south east and be arguing about the issue of Boko Haram in the North.

Many people from different locations have said it here how they experience this scenario which has never been like this before in Abuja yet you're still wallowing in your delusion of mining and rock blast.

Even the deadly 2014 Yanyan bomb blast wasn't felt in AYA
...you did not address what I wrote one bit but saying a different thing all together... So they felt tremors which many others in Abuja did not feel, so it must be an earthquake... No seismograph or agency in the world saw any earth movement around the area because this things are measured and monitored everywhere in the world...Nothing showed on the rictcher scale.... OK Mr it was an earthquake are you satisfied now, Nigerians sef!!!

Re: Abuja Earth Tremor: FG Offers Explanation by Nobody: 2:19pm On Sep 07, 2018
Meeloreh:
In case it was real earth tremor, how many Nigerians are well trained to detect, predict or tackle such. I'm just wondering

We take things for granted in this country ...no training on how to react when there is possible earth quake in western countries in cluding those that are yet to experience such ,kindergarten kids are taught how to take cover

Re: Abuja Earth Tremor: FG Offers Explanation by chukxie(m): 2:45pm On Sep 07, 2018
Mizwisdom:

Lol, yes we do. Do you live in Nigeria? How do you expect airlines to function without one haha

www.nimet.gov.ng

Sure airlines relying on meteorologist for weather forecasts. But you and I know that that agency is grossly underfunded, and can't be compared to what is obtainable in a country like South Africa.
Re: Abuja Earth Tremor: FG Offers Explanation by Dasgoro: 3:05pm On Sep 07, 2018
Twitter

Re: Abuja Earth Tremor: FG Offers Explanation by Dasgoro: 3:06pm On Sep 07, 2018

Re: Abuja Earth Tremor: FG Offers Explanation by Dasgoro: 3:07pm On Sep 07, 2018
Twitter2

Re: Abuja Earth Tremor: FG Offers Explanation by Dasgoro: 3:08pm On Sep 07, 2018
twitter3

Re: Abuja Earth Tremor: FG Offers Explanation by Dasgoro: 3:09pm On Sep 07, 2018
twitter4

Leopard Entered A School In India & Mauled 6 [video] / Strange Rat With Vampire Teeth (Pictures) / 10 Fascinating Facts About The Moon You Probably May Not Know!!!