Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,922 members, 7,835,086 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns (35180 Views)

Lady Survives Fungal Infection Which Came Off An Artificial Nail She Fixed / Help!!! What Can Someone Use For This Fungal Infection? WARNING!! GRAPHICS PICS / Hi Mom's. Best Baby Cream For your Baby. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by johnaruson(m): 5:22pm On Sep 09, 2018
This is infanticide
Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by Benekruku(m): 5:22pm On Sep 09, 2018
And bleaching cream too

The ways mother's are bleaching their kids now is overwhelming
Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by Nobody: 5:23pm On Sep 09, 2018
I know one that was mixing it for her son. I stylishly mentioned it to her, even told my brother to tell the husband. She didn't listen. Well today, her son is 3 and he can't talk. She was also using carolight mixed with funbact A while pregnant. She and the friend who were both pregnant at about the same time, were using this mix. And both their kids at about the same age have the same condition. You cannot tell me it's a mere coincidence.

I only got to find out about their concoction because She and the friend suggested the mixture to me, to help clear my acne and black spots. Lol!

6 Likes

Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by Sparkle777(f): 5:24pm On Sep 09, 2018
I've said it, that funbact a is not for babies. It actually thins out the skin. I remember when my baby had rashes and I used it, it worked like magic but mistake was I continued. See my new born baby getting lighter that was when I borrowed myself sense and stopped.
Now she only uses Johnson, coconut oil and Shea butter, I can't fit shout.

4 Likes

Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by Sparkle777(f): 5:26pm On Sep 09, 2018
Blakface:
I know one that was mixing it for her son. I stylishly mentioned it to her, even told my brother to tell the husband. She didn't listen. Well today, her son is 3 and he can't talk. She was also using carolight mixed with funbact A while pregnant. She and the friend who were both pregnant at about the same time, were using this mix. And both their kids at about the same age have the same condition. You cannot tell me it's a mere coincidence.

I only got to find out about their concoction because She and the friend suggested the mixture to me, to help clear my acne and black spots. Lol!

shocked shocked shocked say whaaaatt....
Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by Nobody: 5:26pm On Sep 09, 2018
Bleach skin of baby? Wonders will never end
Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by femi4: 5:27pm On Sep 09, 2018
dominique:
Mixing funbact A with Shea butter or petroleum jelly to lighten baby's skin, a lot of mothers are guilty of this heinous act.
Its not actually used to lighten baby's skin but against rashes
Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by millionboi2: 5:28pm On Sep 09, 2018
pocohantas:
Na instagram mothers, them no get sense, just like their senseless slay husbands.
lol
U know dem well a........thy b 4ming oyibo
Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by Born2Breed(f): 5:29pm On Sep 09, 2018
Fabmumng:
According to an Ilorin-based paediatrician, Khadijat Ajadi, using antifungal creams mixed with baby body creams to bleach the skin of babies is harmful.

Ms. Ajadi told the News Agency of Nigeria in Ilorin that antifungal creams were medications and not body creams.

According to her, mixing drugs like Funbact A and Skineal with baby body creams is not healthy for the skin, especially for the skin of babies.

“The rate at which some mothers do this now is alarming and they even prescribe it to others openly.

“I want them to stop because these are drugs with dangerous side effects.

The side effects include steroids which are easily absorbed into the bloodstream from the fragile skin of the newborns and babies.

“These lead to serious side effects on the long terms including gastritis (stomach ulcers), wounds, poor growth and other sinister side effects.

“If mothers religiously go through the packs of some of these medicated creams, words like “antifungal,” “antibacterial”, “anti-inflammatory” are written on them.

“The constituents are drugs including antibiotics, antifungal and steroids and they are often prescribed for specific skin diseases and usually for a short duration and not usually more than two weeks,” she said.

http://fabmumng.com/mothers-stop-using-anti-fungal-as-baby-cream-pediatrician-warns/

This has been the norm with (especially young) mothers. A very dark and charcoal parents will want a very light skin child by crook or hook, how that one wan take possible?
Some will see a dark complexion mother without knowing the complexion of the father and ask "which cream are you using on your baby"?
My answer is simple, hot palm oil !!!

1 Like

Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by Nobody: 5:29pm On Sep 09, 2018
Sparkle777:

shocked shocked shocked say whaaaatt....

True talk. Last saw them in February, I don't know if they have both started talking now sha.

1 Like

Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by memories1(f): 5:32pm On Sep 09, 2018
Johnson & Johnson range of baby products is what I swear by, not weird creams I don't use on my skin I'll now use for my baby. Some women dey try sha.

1 Like

Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by Bizibi(m): 5:34pm On Sep 09, 2018
Young mothers want to kill their children..... My pikin must be oyibo.ode!!!!
Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by abbeyty(m): 5:37pm On Sep 09, 2018
I think government should make this bleaching illegal especially when it involves underage kids.still don't know what these dumbass see in bleaching off their skins
Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by dominique(f): 5:37pm On Sep 09, 2018
femi4:

It contains steroids that lightens skin, that's why mothers are abusing it

1 Like

Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by generationz(f): 5:45pm On Sep 09, 2018
LadySarah:
It is the reigning thing now,they call it bringing out my babys color.The hospital nurses go about spreading this falsehood.
Funbact A,smoothie,skineal,etc.Then the baby you sae earlier that was dark is now fair,with disjointed colors and sweating always with a funny smell.

The stupid fathers who leave the parenting jobs only for their olodo wives will come here and bandy words with me after one of them insisted their family doc directed them.
Intact I heard it for the first time at I he immunisation unit of a govt hospital by a nurse teaching that day.
You have been mixing your 7 mth old baby's cream since he was born.
Did you ask the doc why?Is ur baby having the worlds greatest skin disease,when are we going to stop the mixing?you just kept missing Ori n funbact a or Vaseline

Ogaoo!!!O dikwaegwu
The latest now is carrot oil for bleaching babies.Team Olive oil or Shea butter from day one till now.

carrot oil dosent bleach except you use carrot seed oil
Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by LadySarah: 5:46pm On Sep 09, 2018
femi4:

The rashes never go?why the continuous usage?
Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by JONNYSPUTE(m): 5:52pm On Sep 09, 2018
Fathers please don't leave everything concerning your kids for the mothers. Pay attention to ur family. Honestly I buy most of the things our baby uses and I don't waste time in going through the chemical components of any drug prescribed .

2 Likes

Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by sunbestie(f): 5:54pm On Sep 09, 2018
Some Mothers don't listening to instructions at all.
Her: madam which cream u dey use for ur baby?
Me: ori ( Shea butter)
Her: I don use a m is making my baby dark. Should I mix with funbact A?
Me: No ooo funbact is not good for babies.
Her: But I will mix with ori nah .... Will it still harm my baby
Me: Abeg madam don't ask me dat kind question again.... (Waka pass)

D will not give d baby better food and fruits to nourish his/her skin d will be looking for shortcut
God help our children oo and give mothers better sense to do wat is right and stop doing copy copy
Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by pluto3(m): 5:56pm On Sep 09, 2018
do u think this post will help because some of we doctors actually allow relationship interest to cloud our rightful judgement...... i have tried my best to fight this ill practice in health sector but the truth remain that every average Nigerian prefer them say to what the doctor says...... for the fact that you did something wrong and got a positive result doesnt make that stuff right, NEVER..

2 Likes

Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by sunbestie(f): 5:58pm On Sep 09, 2018
johnaruson:
This is infanticide
Lolz grin grin grin grin no be small oo
Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by Nobody: 6:02pm On Sep 09, 2018
Team original kernel oil ..soft, smooth skin,protects from cold,

3 Likes

Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by lobell: 6:05pm On Sep 09, 2018
This behaviour is actually a fallout of the mothers bleaching themselves. Because, how can you be as fair as the noon day sun and your child is black like dudu osun?

The lies and pretense has to continue. Once a lie is told, more lies need to be told to cover it. "Stop bleaching, stop bleaching", they will not listen. They say it's my natural colour that is coming out. Onyi oshi, natural colour kee you there! Now you have to purify the poor baby just to lend credence to your filthy lies.

Tufia!

3 Likes

Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by Dondily(f): 6:08pm On Sep 09, 2018
So true, most mother's abuse their baby's body.... [color=#990000][/color]
Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by Cindy95(f): 6:10pm On Sep 09, 2018
ADUKKY:
This shit is real, unfortunately experienced mothers pass the same knowledge down to new mothers who don't know any better. I was a victim when I had my first child, thank God for wisdom he would have been scarred for life. We are team Dettol Vaseline or Shea butter or Coconut oil now.
my dear, even as big as I am now cos I'm married, I still mix coconut oil with blue seal Vaseline or Shea butter and apply in my body talk more of a baby...
some mother's dey try Sha...
Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by lobell: 6:11pm On Sep 09, 2018
generationz:

carrot oil dosent bleach except you use carrot seed oil
Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by Sterope(f): 6:15pm On Sep 09, 2018
Not to mention that these antifungal cream are also steriods, steriods that thins the skin.
Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by ADUKKY(f): 6:18pm On Sep 09, 2018
Some started out as normal cream for children and have become hooked on it because the baby will have skin issues once they stop using it. My friend is going through this as we speak. She has tried Shea butter, Vaseline etc none is working. Once she stops the mixture, the boy will develop rashes so unbearable.
She has tried stopping on several occasions but had to go back to it after few days. This is more like Addiction now, I pray she gets a way out of it soon.
Cindy95:

my dear, even as big as I am now cos I'm married, I still mix coconut oil with blue seal Vaseline or Shea butter and apply in my body talk more of a baby...
Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by luminouz(m): 6:18pm On Sep 09, 2018
sunbestie:
Some Mothers don't listening to instructions at all.
Her: madam which cream u dey use for ur baby?
Me: ori ( Shea butter)
Her: I don use a m is making my baby dark. Should I mix with funbact A?
Me: No ooo funbact is not good for babies.
Her: But I will mix with ori nah .... Will it still harm my baby
Me: Abeg madam don't ask me dat kind question again.... (Waka pass)

D will not give d baby better food and fruits to nourish his/her skin d will be looking for shortcut
God help our children oo and give mothers better sense to do wat is right and stop doing copy copy
Ahn ahn!!!
Why u so harsh

Infact......chin qin yi mai quon Li Cheng!!!
Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by Buharimustgo: 6:21pm On Sep 09, 2018
There is no bad thingbthis northerners don't know
Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by luminouz(m): 6:22pm On Sep 09, 2018
Cindy95:

*Checks her dp*

*Rolls eyes*

U ain't that big
Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by peacettw: 6:23pm On Sep 09, 2018
Terrible. I wish I can say something but it has all been said here. The incidence of chronic kidney problems and other rare diseases is increasing in our children. And my hypothesis is that this is secondary to something the child was exposed to in infancy.

Ignorance is the scourge here. We really need to be careful. Reject selfish interest and give your baby a fighting chance to survive.
Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by femi4: 6:27pm On Sep 09, 2018
LadySarah:

The rashes never go?why the continuous usage?
That is where the problem lies, they turned it to day to day cream

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Reasons Why You Wake-up Feeling Tired After A Full Night's Rest / 13 Amazing Health Benefits Of Lemon / China Imposes Travel Restrictions, Fears Foreigners Will Bring Back Coronavirus

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.