Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,922 members, 7,835,084 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns (35179 Views)

Lady Survives Fungal Infection Which Came Off An Artificial Nail She Fixed / Help!!! What Can Someone Use For This Fungal Infection? WARNING!! GRAPHICS PICS / Hi Mom's. Best Baby Cream For your Baby. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by vivavik(f): 6:29pm On Sep 09, 2018
Even adults are guilty of this, met a cousin of mine mixing this anti-fungal with her cream, I screamed out and told her the side effects, besides a bad chemical reaction can take place wch u wouldn't know if the composition of the both is wrong, normal with our 'ITK' she tried to lecture me on the benefits and that I was wrong, I replied her that soonest she'll see the chemical reaction going on, on her skin, and nature quite proved me right soonest than I thought, wallaaaaa... her skin starting having like 3-4 diff reactions at a time, and the "I told u so" came quite handy! I just laughed at her.
Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by Judahudoh: 6:36pm On Sep 09, 2018
I am a biochemist. With or without the pediatrician's advice, basically - Children have delicate skins and the rate of absorption of active constituents of topically applied formulae, be it body cream, drugs or the least thing like soap is very high.
This is the reason why the formulation of baby soaps are different from that of adults. With a prematured immune system, exposing babies to something they may be allergic or reactive to is already life threatening.
Stick with natural, less-perfumed and less-synthetic products to avoid complications.
Most importantly when we have access to this kind of information, it is important to ensure that mothers and would be are educated on the why.
Most skin problems that babies developed if left vanish on their own as the baby grows.

3 Likes

Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by Malawian(m): 7:20pm On Sep 09, 2018
Something that didn't even cross my mind is what you guys here are saying is already widespread?

Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by sunbestie(f): 7:38pm On Sep 09, 2018
luminouz:

Ahn ahn!!!
Why u so harsh

Infact......chin qin yi mai quon Li Cheng!!!
Am not harsh oo just dat I hate wat I don't like
On d bolded d same to u oo
Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by Babayoutoomuch(f): 7:46pm On Sep 09, 2018
JONNYSPUTE:
Fathers please don't leave everything concerning your kids for the mothers. Pay attention to ur family. Honestly I buy most of the things our baby uses and I don't waste time in going through the chemical components of any drug prescribed .

Father of the year! Thank God you buy most of the baby things to be sure of d chemical composition while my neighbor's husband buys most of d things to be sure his money is not diverted.
Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by McPerry(f): 7:54pm On Sep 09, 2018
Even the mothers that are victims will still come and pretend here.

Team kernel oil n Ori right from infancy.. 6 months old now and still counting grin grin

1 Like

Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 8:06pm On Sep 09, 2018
ADUKKY:
This shit is real, unfortunately experienced mothers pass the same knowledge down to new mothers who don't know any better. I was a victim when I had my first child, thank God for wisdom he would have been scarred for life. We are team Dettol Vaseline or Shea butter or Coconut oil now.

Wooow

Thank God for VASELINE ��✌

1 Like

Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by AreaFada2: 8:11pm On Sep 09, 2018
mrjojo:
This is so common this days, how do you mix a powerful antifungal with Shea butter on a 6months old baby, shocked shocked this generation mothers, smh.
And these are supposed to be the better educated generations of women o. shocked shocked
Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by Wendy80(f): 8:13pm On Sep 09, 2018
Will they hear? A mother saw my 2year old baby and said 'why did you allow this girl to get dark she used to be fair' and I told her whatever complexion you see now is her true skin colour after all I'm light skin and her father is dark.
The rate at which Mothers bleach their baby's skin is alarming.

2 Likes

Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by mrjojo: 8:18pm On Sep 09, 2018
AreaFada2:

And these are supposed to be the better educated generations of women o. shocked shocked
As in, It seriously alarming, In fact I know two women using this weird combo on their children, Truly the kids are "fresh and fair" but these things have side effect especially for kids, the fact that these two women are highly educated makes it all more worrisome
Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by ladyverere(f): 9:14pm On Sep 09, 2018
ADUKKY:
This shit is real, unfortunately experienced mothers pass the same knowledge down to new mothers who don't know any better. I was a victim when I had my first child, thank God for wisdom he would have been scarred for life. We are team Dettol Vaseline or Shea butter or Coconut oil now.

Me too! Indeed my first daughter was very fair but months later she started to get dark
My sister in law convinced me to mix Johnson baby lotion with Funbact A. I did it reluctantly. But after that lotion ran out, I couldn't bring myself to do it again. Now we're just using Pears and funny enough her skin is now flawless like a baby's should be. Not fair not dark, just normal. I have told my sister in law to stop using this steroid creams on my nephews and even told my brother to stop her but she is still persisting.
Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by LadyMessi(f): 9:17pm On Sep 09, 2018
[Then the baby you sae earlier that was dark is now fair,with disjointed colors and sweating always with a funny smell.
[/quote]

Exactly my sister.
Saw one woman and her son last week when I went for my child's immunization. And her dark skin son whom I saw last month (July) when we went for immunization has already transformed to oyibo . I began to imagine if I was wrong on the babies color........ I was troubled to the extent that I went to the mother to ask and she even told me that her son was dark only on their first immunization which I didn't even attend, but I attended the second one which she claimed her son was already fair by then. Now ask me how I got to know that the baby was dark from birth since I wasn't there on their first immunization and she said it was jaundice that hid the baby's color before.
Some mothers are really mean I swear.
Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by wowdiva: 10:25pm On Sep 09, 2018
This is an issue that needs to be looked at! My SIL said same too. Told me my baby was getting dark. Asked me to mix funbact A and ori, I told her it's steriod, she replied that the ori will neutralize the funbact A. I simply told her my husband,her bro is black. So my son ought to be black. She started talking about her son that now has different colors on his body, saying when he was a baby, he was very fair so people like carrying him , that people don't like carrying black babies. I was dumbfounded. Is this what motherhood has turned to? Innocent babies. SMH

1 Like

Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by overboard(m): 11:12pm On Sep 09, 2018
Yes, a mother I know who dropped her baby with us to watch for a few hours told my wife to be using Funbact A and another a cream! She also feeds her then 2-month old baby - looking like a 10 month old - Complan!
Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by OyinO: 12:04am On Sep 10, 2018
Why are you all surprised at that? It is simply Colonised Mentality.
How many of you can pray in your Mother's Tongue?
And now, the men and women are all married to a caucasoid pale white Jesus Christos who is hanging on their wall with two fingers pointing up and two pointing down like that of Baphometh. And now, the 21st Century slay Mothers want their kids to look like the pale colourless Jesus image hanging on their walls from the Parlour to bedroom, street signboards to church houses, from textbooks to TV images. THE IMAGE OF WHITE MIS-SUPREMACY who colonised the Black Minds to hate their World's Greatest Skin and Afro Hair which corresponds to Solar Radiation and Cosmic Energy Vibrations. It's a Shame! I can ONLY marry a Lady who is a Traditionalist or Conscious Pan African to escape the Mental Plague.

2 Likes

Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by walexy14(m): 12:44am On Sep 10, 2018
Fabmumng:
According to an Ilorin-based paediatrician, Khadijat Ajadi, using antifungal creams mixed with baby body creams to bleach the skin of babies is harmful.

Ms. Ajadi told the News Agency of Nigeria in Ilorin that antifungal creams were medications and not body creams.

According to her, mixing drugs like Funbact A and Skineal with baby body creams is not healthy for the skin, especially for the skin of babies.

“The rate at which some mothers do this now is alarming and they even prescribe it to others openly.

“I want them to stop because these are drugs with dangerous side effects.

The side effects include steroids which are easily absorbed into the bloodstream from the fragile skin of the newborns and babies.

“These lead to serious side effects on the long terms including gastritis (stomach ulcers), wounds, poor growth and other sinister side effects.

“If mothers religiously go through the packs of some of these medicated creams, words like “antifungal,” “antibacterial”, “anti-inflammatory” are written on them.

“The constituents are drugs including antibiotics, antifungal and steroids and they are often prescribed for specific skin diseases and usually for a short duration and not usually more than two weeks,” she said.

http://fabmumng.com/mothers-stop-using-anti-fungal-as-baby-cream-pediatrician-warns/

Is it okay to use E 45 Cream for Babies?
Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by mailemy(m): 6:12am On Sep 10, 2018
Fabmumng:
According to an Ilorin-based paediatrician, Khadijat Ajadi, using antifungal creams mixed with baby body creams to bleach the skin of babies is harmful.

Ms. Ajadi told the News Agency of Nigeria in Ilorin that antifungal creams were medications and not body creams.

According to her, mixing drugs like Funbact A and Skineal with baby body creams is not healthy for the skin, especially for the skin of babies.

“The rate at which some mothers do this now is alarming and they even prescribe it to others openly.

“I want them to stop because these are drugs with dangerous side effects.

The side effects include steroids which are easily absorbed into the bloodstream from the fragile skin of the newborns and babies.

“These lead to serious side effects on the long terms including gastritis (stomach ulcers), wounds, poor growth and other sinister side effects.

“If mothers religiously go through the packs of some of these medicated creams, words like “antifungal,” “antibacterial”, “anti-inflammatory” are written on them.

“The constituents are drugs including antibiotics, antifungal and steroids and they are often prescribed for specific skin diseases and usually for a short duration and not usually more than two weeks,” she said.

http://fabmumng.com/mothers-stop-using-anti-fungal-as-baby-cream-pediatrician-warns/
Is Smoothie dengerous too?
Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by poseidon12: 6:43am On Sep 10, 2018
ADUKKY:
Some started out as normal cream for children and have become hooked on it because the baby will have skin issues once they stop using it. My friend is going through this as we speak. She has tried Shea butter, Vaseline etc none is working. Once she stops the mixture, the boy will develop rashes so unbearable.
She has tried stopping on several occasions but had to go back to it after few days. This is more like Addiction now, I pray she gets a way out of it soon.

She should go see a Dermatologist. She should stop the mixture immediately, especially if the mixture contains corticosteroid.
Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by LadySarah: 6:56am On Sep 10, 2018
walexy14:

I dont know sir,use only creams recommended by paediatricians.you will see it on any baby cream pavk
Cussons,pears,Johnsons,sebamed,shear butter,olive oil,cocunut oil etc.It is because of later not even now.

A lot of children are coming down with kidney or liver problems recently ,most studies are pointing towards this trends of using anti fungals or chemicals on infants

A friend would always say:If you want to stay healthy,stay away from foods,drinks or creams that sound like a chemistry test.Their system is still too young to absorb this chemicals.

Pls let's give our jewels a fighting chance in this life.
Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by LadySarah: 6:57am On Sep 10, 2018
walexy14:

I dont know sir,use only creams recommended by paediatricians.you will see it on any baby cream pavk
Cussons,pears,Johnsons,sebamed,shear butter,olive oil,cocunut oil etc.It is because of later not even now.

A lot of children are coming down with kidney or liver problems recently ,most studies are pointing towards this trends of using anti fungals or chemicals on infants

A friend would always say:If you want to stay healthy,stay away from foods,drinks or creams that sound like a chemistry test.Their system is still too young to absorb this chemicals.Just take a look at the components and you at will shiver
Modified: I've just been reliably informed that it is in fact a very serious adult bleaching cream
Pls let's give our jewels a fighting chance in this life.

1 Like

Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by LadySarah: 7:00am On Sep 10, 2018
mailemy:

Is Smoothie dengerous too?

Yes!!!!!
Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by ariesbull: 7:19am On Sep 10, 2018
wowdiva:
This is an issue that needs to be looked at! My SIL said same too. Told me my baby was getting dark. Asked me to mix funbact A and ori, I told her it's steriod, she replied that the ori will neutralize the funbact A. I simply told her my husband,her bro is black. So my son ought to be black. She started talking about her son that now has different colors on his body, saying when he was a baby, he was very fair so people like carrying him , that people don't like carrying black babies. I was dumbfounded. Is this what motherhood has turned to? Innocent babies. SMH
Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by NoToPile: 7:26am On Sep 10, 2018
LadySarah:

Yes!!!!!

Pardon my ignorance, please what's smoothie never heared of it.

Thanks.
Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by ADUKKY(f): 10:01am On Sep 10, 2018
I will tell her to see a dermatologist like you said, I hope she takes me serious though. Thanks.
poseidon12:

She should go see a Dermatologist. She should stop the mixture immediately, especially if the mixture contains corticosteroid.
Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by ADUKKY(f): 10:04am On Sep 10, 2018
They won't listen because they want fair babies. Majority of parents who use this concoction on their children do it for self gratification not because they have the best interest of the babies at heart. It's like some sort of competition of who has the fairest baby. Even my children have taken after me, once they have any itch or rash they apply shea butter before coming to tell me grin grin grin
ladyverere:

Me too! Indeed my first daughter was very fair but months later she started to get dark
My sister in law convinced me to mix Johnson baby lotion with Funbact A. I did it reluctantly. But after that lotion ran out, I couldn't bring myself to do it again. Now we're just using Pears and funny enough her skin is now flawless like a baby's should be. Not fair not dark, just normal. I have told my sister in law to stop using this steroid creams on my nephews and even told my brother to stop her but she is still persisting.

1 Like

Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by boyjo: 11:50am On Sep 10, 2018
ntyce:
Reading this scared the shit out of me.

Lemme call my wife ASAP and ask if she ever mix anything with that Shea butter I brought.

She did.
Especially if your baby has lightened up grin
Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by boyjo: 11:51am On Sep 10, 2018
Na the husbands I blame pass.
Them dey do like say dem no get eyes.
Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by AnikeAyaOba(f): 12:59pm On Sep 10, 2018
hmmmn...May God help us,the rate at which children face burn (sunburn)now they baffle me..must your baby fair?! nawa ooo

#TeamMelaninpumpin.
#BlackisBeautiful
#EverlastingColor

#AnikeAyaOba

1 Like

Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by mailemy(m): 3:55pm On Sep 10, 2018
LadySarah:

Yes!!!!!
But smoothie is just a body cream and not anti whatever.
Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by JONNYSPUTE(m): 1:46am On Sep 11, 2018
Babayoutoomuch:

Father of the year! Thank God you buy most of the baby things to be sure of d chemical composition while my neighbor's husband buys most of d things to be sure his money is not diverted.
.. No woman can divert the money meant for the upkeep of her children. Anyone that does that is no fit to be called a mother.
Re: Mothers Stop Using Anti Fungal As Baby Cream – Pediatrician Warns by luminouz(m): 6:03am On Sep 11, 2018
AnikeAyaOba:
hmmmn...May God help us,the rate at which children face burn (sunburn)now they baffle me..must your baby fair?! nawa ooo

#TeamMelaninpumpin.
#BlackisBeautiful
#EverlastingColor

#AnikeAyaOba
Make we hear word jor.... where's the skin sef!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Reasons Why You Wake-up Feeling Tired After A Full Night's Rest / 13 Amazing Health Benefits Of Lemon / China Imposes Travel Restrictions, Fears Foreigners Will Bring Back Coronavirus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.