Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,906 members, 7,814,064 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:56 AM

Why PDP Can't Win Osun Governorship Election. PICS. - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why PDP Can't Win Osun Governorship Election. PICS. (13129 Views)

2023: PDP Can't Defeat APC - Jaafar Jaafar / Arrogant Wike Thinks PDP Can't Win Osun Without Him / President Buhari Arrived Abuja In Style After Postponement Of The Election(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why PDP Can't Win Osun Governorship Election. PICS. by deomelo: 10:15pm On Sep 08, 2018

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why PDP Can't Win Osun Governorship Election. PICS. by deomelo: 10:21pm On Sep 08, 2018
raumdeuter:

You are a very intelligent man.

Infrastructure development is what develops a state not mindless paying an overbloated workforce

The main effects of infrastructure development are jobs, IGR growth, investments and better quality of life and going by available indexes, Osun state is leading across the board.

Look at the food feeding program. Thousands of food vendors, farmers, transporters are involved and they serve thousands of kids daily, meaning tons of cash is moving through the state economy and the wonderful infrastructure means countless construction workers from painters, roofers, bricklayers, electricians, framers, tilers and so on are getting paid and moving cash within the state economy.

This is why the IGR grew by 30%

[b]Osun state has the 2nd lowest poverty index in Nigeria

Osun state is first in manpower development in Nigeria

Osun state is the 2nd wealthiest state in Nigeria

Osun state is the most peaceful state in Nigeria

The list goes on and on

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why PDP Can't Win Osun Governorship Election. PICS. by deomelo: 10:28pm On Sep 08, 2018

grin

1 Like

Re: Why PDP Can't Win Osun Governorship Election. PICS. by deomelo: 10:30pm On Sep 08, 2018

grin

1 Like

Re: Why PDP Can't Win Osun Governorship Election. PICS. by deomelo: 10:32pm On Sep 08, 2018

grin grin
Re: Why PDP Can't Win Osun Governorship Election. PICS. by deomelo: 10:33pm On Sep 08, 2018
Re: Why PDP Can't Win Osun Governorship Election. PICS. by OneDollarSalary(m): 10:36pm On Sep 08, 2018
[s]
deomelo:

Show us the projects 9 years of PDP left behind, do that or keep quiet.
[/s]
Re: Why PDP Can't Win Osun Governorship Election. PICS. by deomelo: 10:38pm On Sep 08, 2018

grin grin grin
Re: Why PDP Can't Win Osun Governorship Election. PICS. by Ovamboland(m): 10:40pm On Sep 08, 2018
pentax:
Someone that has not entered Osun state before is posting pictures of projects which were done during ogbeni's first term, let us tell ourselves the truth, his second term has been a disaster so far, all tertiary institutions in Osun are on strike, this criminal together with Ajimobi have refused to pay lautech workers for 11 months, he is owing Osun state workers over 2 years modulated salaries, go to a town like Iwo and see their roads, I travel to Iwo almost every time and their roads are bad, very bad. Aregbe has indebted Osun for the next 20 years. May God almighty allow the op's life be governed like Osun state, Amen

Even Lagos with it's huge IGR have very bad roads, even a lot of FG roads are in very shape with all it's money.
Bad roads have existed since PDP days and 8 years of Adeleke or Omisore or Oyetola will not eliminate very bad roads in Osun state.

Please say something else reasonable

1 Like

Re: Why PDP Can't Win Osun Governorship Election. PICS. by deomelo: 10:47pm On Sep 08, 2018

grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why PDP Can't Win Osun Governorship Election. PICS. by deomelo: 10:50pm On Sep 08, 2018
Ovamboland:

Even Lagos with it's huge IGR have very bad roads, even a lot of FG roads are in very shape with all it's money.
Bad roads have existed since PDP days and 8 years of Adeleke or Omisore or Oyetola will not eliminate very bad roads in Osun state.

Please say something else reasonable

You are expecting too much from ignorant and unintelligent Igbos.

Aregbesola built more roads than all their 5 ipob states combined..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why PDP Can't Win Osun Governorship Election. PICS. by deomelo: 10:53pm On Sep 08, 2018

Re: Why PDP Can't Win Osun Governorship Election. PICS. by deomelo: 10:55pm On Sep 08, 2018

grin grin
Re: Why PDP Can't Win Osun Governorship Election. PICS. by deomelo: 10:56pm On Sep 08, 2018
Re: Why PDP Can't Win Osun Governorship Election. PICS. by deomelo: 10:59pm On Sep 08, 2018

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why PDP Can't Win Osun Governorship Election. PICS. by Ovamboland(m): 11:09pm On Sep 08, 2018
Re: Why PDP Can't Win Osun Governorship Election. PICS. by Ovamboland(m): 11:09pm On Sep 08, 2018
olril17:

I'm not for any opposition, you can read my past posts, you will not see me categorically supporting any politician or party...im pro the people, the people first before any other thing.

it grates me when you see people sidestepping or totally ignoring the wrongs aregbe has done and promote him with pictures of roads,they paint osun state like if everything is rosy..you only need to be in osogbo, without going to other places to see how much suffering is going on, real time suffering... unexpressed pain and anger..

you think it's easy to be retired for almost a decade and not even collect a quarter of your gratuity not to talk of normal pensions?
or civil servants being owed an incredible one year and 7months full salary?
the people in these categories have bitter tales to tell...
in osun state we don't have any major industries,what we relied on is civil servants money and once civil servants don't get money, everyone will suffer.

apart from osogbo, which other major towns has good roads, Ede is terrible ,ife is an eyesore, ikirun, don't even go there, iwo is laughably bad, okinni is a satellite little town of osogbo, despite being near osogbo, you will just laugh when you get there..
people who live in these areas and who are on this forum can counter me and I will keep quiet.

come to Osun, it's not all good as you read on social media.
and if Apc win, I will just laugh and laugh and laugh and laugh because it shows Nigerians are their own problems.

So this is the structure or system you're fighting to protect, a dead state that only comes alive when civil servants get their salary and this salary of less than 2% is what the remaining 98% wait for a whole 30 days before life resumes.

That is what you want to protect and handover to your children.
Aregbesola is saying no, the rest of the state must be made productive by sacrificing something and give them the tools to and means to work. You cant remove a tumor by surgery without seeing blood and pain. You can either avoid the surgery and live with the tumor or truncate the ongoing surgery by bringing in unqualified fake surgeons. Effectively making the initial pains for nothing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why PDP Can't Win Osun Governorship Election. PICS. by deomelo: 11:12pm On Sep 08, 2018

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why PDP Can't Win Osun Governorship Election. PICS. by OsasAca1(m): 11:20pm On Sep 08, 2018
Let your imagination be deceiving you people there...

Not all that glitters is Gold...

You don't reinforce failure

Aregbesola is a failure big time...

I just graduated from OAU, no reforms at Ife just one Ugly--Looking Statue at Mayfair Junction...

They said he worked in Osogbo but for Ife Axis down to Ede/Ibadan he did nothing.

You can't be celebrating achievements of Primary and Secondary Education when the tertiary Education in state has been shut down over a year now

Aregbesola, main challenge Was The fact that he never understood the concept called PRUDENCE...
He spent far beyond the state Capabilities and that has sank the State down... And could hardly complete any project.

There's a popular say now in Osun, that the debt Aregbesola has incurred would only be fully paid by the state by the Year 2050
Re: Why PDP Can't Win Osun Governorship Election. PICS. by deomelo: 11:32pm On Sep 08, 2018

grin grin grin
Re: Why PDP Can't Win Osun Governorship Election. PICS. by deomelo: 11:33pm On Sep 08, 2018
[s]
OsasAca1:

I just graduated from OAU, no reforms at Ife just one Ugly--Looking Statue at Mayfair Junction...

They said he worked in Osogbo but for Ife Axis down to Ede/Ibadan he did nothing.

You can't be celebrating achievements of Primary and Secondary Education when the tertiary Education in state has been shut down over a year now

Aregbesola, main challenge Was The fact that he never understood the concept called PRUDENCE...
He spent far beyond the state Capabilities and that has sank the State down... And could hardly complete any project.

There's a popular say now in Osun, that the debt Aregbesola has incurred would only be fully paid by the state by the Year 2050
[/s]

Another boring ipob village rant...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why PDP Can't Win Osun Governorship Election. PICS. by OsasAca1(m): 11:57pm On Sep 08, 2018
deomelo:
[s][/s]

You need light from this Intellectual Bondage of yours
Re: Why PDP Can't Win Osun Governorship Election. PICS. by deomelo: 12:07am On Sep 09, 2018
OsasAca1:

You need light from this Intellectual Bondage of yours

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why PDP Can't Win Osun Governorship Election. PICS. by olril17(m): 12:39am On Sep 09, 2018
Ovamboland:

So this is the structure or system you're fighting to protect, a dead state that only comes alive when civil servants get their salary and this salary of less than 2% is what the remaining 98% wait for a whole 30 days before life resumes.

That is what you want to protect and handover to your children.
Aregbesola is saying no, the rest of the state must be made productive by sacrificing something and give them the tools to and means to work. You cant remove a tumor by surgery without seeing blood and pain. You can either avoid the surgery and live with the tumor or truncate the ongoing surgery by bringing in unqualified fake surgeons. Effectively making the initial pains for nothing.

absolute trash....it was the workers that said Aregbe should borrow huge loans which osun state is now servicing...
the problem of osun state is not over bloated workforce but is that of a poor state paying for the poor decisions of the government...osun state use more than 2bn monthly to pay debts..

even if all the nonsense you say are true, so aregbe can not achieve anything without people having to suffer?
is aregbe and his own family suffering?
why then should the casualties be innocent workers and civil servants.
u lack emphathy, I don't blame you, if it were to be another governor, u guys will jumping up and down and telling us why he must be voted out because he is useless for not paying salaries.
lol, people should submit themselves and die needlessly because aregbe has built roads na, why can't they just die instead of complaining because you can't remove a tumor by surgery without blood...
a governor and his family look well fed but citizens are 3rd class citizens not entitled to enjoyment of their own sweat, rather they should embrace hunger,sickness and death because at an uncertain day, all the governor's work which has not translated to any wealth in eighth years will suddenly bring wealth and they will be picking diamond on the streets.
no wonder apc supporters are called zombies.
Re: Why PDP Can't Win Osun Governorship Election. PICS. by olril17(m): 12:58am On Sep 09, 2018
OsasAca1:

thank you my brother, is this not madness, they will salute him for building of roads but will make all excuses for for not paying salaries and pensions.
those people are called zombies for a reason.
they will lie on internet about over bloated workforce yet they failed to see the problem is not that of workforce but that of a state in huge debt...
a state entitled to just about 3 billion makes as monthly allocation yet use more than 2bn to service loans.. it's not statistics plucked out of the air, it's what is available on the internet.
yet the governor who has not bought economic prosperity in eighth years looks well fed but his subjects must accept hunger, sickness and death as their own sacrifice..

how can a good human being owe people for 1 year and 7 months.. full salary faa, and some nonenity are still not seeing what is wrong in that because it's necessary sacrifice people have to make for now... one year 7 months.. some people goes to places of God to worship but they do not even fear God.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why PDP Can't Win Osun Governorship Election. PICS. by modik(m): 1:17am On Sep 09, 2018
deomelo:

grin grin grin grin

I can see green grasses up there and dry/hungry grasses down below! Shey Na hunger de rush dem for "O" state ni ?
Re: Why PDP Can't Win Osun Governorship Election. PICS. by deomelo: 1:44am On Sep 09, 2018
[s]
olril17:

thank you my brother, is this not madness, they will salute him for building of roads but will make all excuses for for not paying salaries and pensions.
those people are called zombies for a reason.
they will lie on internet about over bloated workforce yet they failed to see the problem is not that of workforce but that of a state in huge debt...
a state entitled to just about 3 billion makes as monthly allocation yet use more than 2bn to service loans.. it's not statistics plucked out of the air, it's what is available on the internet.
yet the governor who has not bought economic prosperity in eighth years looks well fed but his subjects must accept hunger, sickness and death as their own sacrifice..

how can a good human being owe people for 1 year and 7 months.. full salary faa, and some nonenity are still not seeing what is wrong in that because it's necessary sacrifice people have to make for now... one year 7 months.. some people goes to places of God to worship but they do not even fear God.
[/s]

lmao...

Igbos have have emphaty for Osun people...

Your ipob villages accumulated debt debt and even collected salary bailout...but you ipob cam not show us 1 single thing they did with your money apart from borehole and keke ambulance...

Nna ipob , save your crocodile tears and concern for yourself and fellow villagers.

Osun state workers don't want your fake cries and akpu concerns.

losers.... grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why PDP Can't Win Osun Governorship Election. PICS. by deomelo: 1:45am On Sep 09, 2018

Nnewi and abakaliki Igbos are here losing sleep and killing themselves over Osun state workers as if they really care about Osun state.

Well, this is what Osun state workers did with their wonderful governor this morning...

grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why PDP Can't Win Osun Governorship Election. PICS. by Nobody: 2:00am On Sep 09, 2018
GavelSlam:

Let's be honest, Aregbesola has done well.

Infrastructure is what leads to increase in commerce and with commerce stems creativity.

The move away from a bloated civil service should be encouraged and this salary debt should be seen as a blessing in disguise.

When the revenue stream by way of allocation was much more, the people enjoyed 13 months of salaries which implies the governor is pretty much welfarist but wouldn't compromise infrastructure for wages.

A look to our history would suggest very few governors have provided such dramatic infrastructural growth within the time frame.

History would be kind to Aregbe.
I know of a woman who got sick on a Sunday and died on following Tuesday in 2016 I think, the sickness she died of is shameful, very simple sickness that quickly degenerate, when she was sick, Lautech,the only price friendly and affordable hospital were on strike, the other hospitals are private and not affordable,so they took her to one baba hafis(very popular bogus hospital In osogbo) her sickness got worse, they took her back home and watched her die helplessly just a day later, woman is a petty trader while husband is a pensioner, retired in 2011 and has never gotten gratuity or pension.
I also know of a distant uncle who lives with stroke now, a recently retired pensioner (2013) his wife,a secondary school teacher, as soon as he retired, depression sets in, no pension, no gratuity, and wife a junior level teacher only collects half salary, their child schooling in UK was eventually forced to drop out while the other I know very well studying in the State University like me dropped out too, I rememberd my dad always admonishing him to take things easy when he told my dad he had been diagnosed with hbp..a fine career man, he eventually succumb to the pressure, now he got stroke.
I know of our own tenant, another pensioner who was sick for a whole year, wife has been dead for some time, old man got postrate problems,and he could not treat it, this is something I witnessed my self, whenever he wants to urinate, you will be absolutely terrified of his suffering...
no money for the needed surgery so he had to continue leaving like this, we all thought he wouldnt survive, but thank God, a rich business man I'm our area eventually came to his rescue through the efforts of mosque.
I'm in final year now, few days to exam, one of my friends called me and begged me to follow him to drop his letter of leave of absence in the Dean's office, I asked him why, and he said he has to write it because his parents (civil servants) can't afford the school fees, every means of getting it is blocked, leave of absence means having an extra year, while he submitted and already went home, one of the big daddies in our class eventually helped him out, so he joined us for d rest of the exam.. believe me, all these stories are true without subtracting or adding anything and most of them mirrors what is happening to alot of familes here.
ordinarily I will let this slide without posting but you got me by saying non payment of salary is a blessing in disguise,if you belong to one of these groups I told their story, will you have said the same?
and you talk about over bloated workforce?
sorry if I may ask you, are you in osun state or you only read about osun in the media?
what do you mean by over bloated workforce? doctors in our public hospitals?
teachers in public schools?
health workers in public health centers?
professors and other lecturers in our public higher institutions?
so you think these people constitute an overbloated workforce and robots should take over their jobs or what? public servants will always be an integral and important part of a government, therefore you cant move away from it., also the people do not beg for jobs, it's the government that announces vacancies and people will apply, so when a job is available and government announces vacancies, are you saying people should not apply or what?
our problem in osun state is not the population of public servants but that of a government who mismanaged when it was plenty, now for every monthly allocation, more than 60 percent goes in to payment of debts.
I don't know whether you are a politician, their associate or a child of a politician, so maybe you live in luxury but if you are just an ordinary Nigerian,its sad and painful you see non payment of salary as a blessing when thousands are suffering in one way or the other, if you praise aregbe for roads, I wonder why you find it hard to condemn him for his bad sides, what does a Nigerian politician has to loose, I did rather pitch my tents with ordinary suffering Nigerians.
no right thinking human being should support evil..
while I hate aregbe, because he has caused damaged to peoples lives, I don't hate Apc nor do I hate it's candidate ,who knows he may even be better than aregbe,doubtful maybe, but if he wins I will hope and pray things get better.
there's too much pain in osun, you only need to sit people down and hear their side of the story
Re: Why PDP Can't Win Osun Governorship Election. PICS. by GavelSlam: 2:07am On Sep 09, 2018
Sap0:

I know of a woman who got sick on a Sunday and died on following Tuesday in 2016 I think, the sickness she died of is shameful, very simple sickness that quickly degenerate, when she was sick, Lautech,the only price friendly and affordable hospital were on strike, the other hospitals are private and not affordable,so they took her to one baba hafis(very popular bogus hospital In osogbo) her sickness got worse, they took her back home and watched her die helplessly just a day later, woman is a petty trader while husband is a pensioner, retired in 2011 and has never gotten gratuity or pension.
I also know of a distant uncle who lives with stroke now, a recently retired pensioner (2013) his wife,a secondary school teacher, as soon as he retired, depression sets in, no pension, no gratuity, and wife a junior level teacher only collects half salary, their child schooling in UK was eventually forced to drop out while the other I know very well studying in the State University like me dropped out too, I rememberd my dad always admonishing him to take things easy when he told my dad he had been diagnosed with hbp..a fine career man, he eventually succumb to the pressure, now he got stroke.
I know of our own tenant, another pensioner who was sick for a whole year, wife has been dead for some time, old man got postrate problems,and he could not treat it, this is something I witnessed my self, whenever he wants to urinate, you will be absolutely terrified of his suffering...
no money for the needed surgery so he had to continue leaving like this, we all thought he wouldnt survive, but thank God, a rich business man I'm our area eventually came to his rescue through the efforts of mosque.
I'm in final year now, few days to exam, one of my friends called me and begged me to follow him to drop his letter of leave of absence in the Dean's office, I asked him why, and he said he has to write it because his parents (civil servants) can't afford the school fees, every means of getting it is blocked, leave of absence means having an extra year, while he submitted and already went home, one of the big daddies in our class eventually helped him out, so he joined us for d rest of the exam.. believe me, all these stories are true without subtracting or adding anything and most of them mirrors what is happening to alot of familes here.
ordinarily I will let this slide without posting but you got me by saying non payment of salary is a blessing in disguise,if you belong to one of these groups I told their story, will you have said the same?
and you talk about over bloated workforce?
sorry if I may ask you, are you in osun state or you only read about osun in the media?
what do you mean by over bloated workforce? doctors in our public hospitals?
teachers in public schools?
health workers in public health centers?
professors and other lecturers in our public higher institutions?
so you think these people constitute an overbloated workforce and robots should take over their jobs or what? public servants will always be an integral and important part of a government, therefore you cant move away from it., also the people do not beg for jobs, it's the government that announces vacancies and people will apply, so when a job is available and government announces vacancies, are you saying people should not apply or what?
our problem in osun state is not the population of public servants but that of a government who mismanaged when it was plenty, now for every monthly allocation, more than 60 percent goes in to payment of debts.
I don't know whether you are a politician, their associate or a child of a politician, so maybe you live in luxury but if you are just an ordinary Nigerian,its sad and painful you see non payment of salary as a blessing when thousands are suffering in one way or the other, if you praise aregbe for roads, I wonder why you find it hard to condemn him for his bad sides, what does a Nigerian politician has to loose, I did rather pitch my tents with ordinary suffering Nigerians.
no right thinking human being should support evil..
while I hate aregbe, because he has caused damaged to peoples lives, I don't hate Apc nor do I hate it's candidate ,who knows he may even be better than aregbe,doubtful maybe, but if he wins I will hope and pray things get better.
there's too much pain in osun, you only need to sit people down and hear their side of the story

In Nigeria, everybody knows somebody until they are asked to provide proof.

1 Like

Re: Why PDP Can't Win Osun Governorship Election. PICS. by Nobody: 2:16am On Sep 09, 2018
GavelSlam:

In Nigeria, everybody knows somebody until they are sled to provide proof.

well I hate to argue much because I just don't have the strength...but everything I told you is the truth, nothing but the truth, no addition, no substraction.. and God is my witness and the people who can testify because they have seen these things themselves...and what proof do you require?
I should interview these people and post them here or what?
if you don't believe me, come down to osun state your self to hear the tales of people survive here..
it's not necessary you believe me, but people who can relate will easily know I'm not lying..
maybe you live in luxury,people who lives in luxury always find it hard to appreciate other people's problems so I will not blame you.
Re: Why PDP Can't Win Osun Governorship Election. PICS. by GavelSlam: 2:20am On Sep 09, 2018
Sap0:

well I hate to argue much because I just don't have the strength...but everything I told you is the truth, nothing but the truth, no addition, no substraction.. and God is my witness and the people who can testify because they have seen these things themselves...and what proof do you require?
I should interview these people and post them here or what?
if you don't believe me, come down to osun state your self to hear the tales of people survive here..
it's not necessary you believe me, but people who can relate will easily know I'm not lying..
maybe you live in luxury,people who lives in luxury always find it hard to appreciate other people's problems so I will not blame you.

All the people in your circle are civil servants abi?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Adamawa Reps Seat: Appeal Court Sacks PDP's Salihu, Returns Zango (APC) Winner / Ondo Governorship: Mimiko Turns To President Jonathan For Help / Pictures of demolition of buildings at Sagamu due to road construction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.