Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,674 members, 7,816,765 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here - Travel (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here (108237 Views)

Nigerian Girl In Russia Talks About Life In Russia, Racism And What Life Is Like / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by Liadi2(m): 6:55am On Aug 27, 2021
chigozieduru:

Hello. I don't know if the OP of this thread is still active. I visited Mexico for two weeks and wanted to share my experience/pictures but I don't want to open a new thread. Should I go ahead and post here or open a new thread? Suggestions please.
cc @justwise
Kindly share.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by Blurpy: 11:19am On Aug 27, 2021
Open new thread na
chigozieduru:

Hello. I don't know if the OP of this thread is still active. I visited Mexico for two weeks and wanted to share my experience/pictures but I don't want to open a new thread. Should I go ahead and post here or open a new thread? Suggestions please.
cc @justwise
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by chigozieduru: 11:41pm On Aug 27, 2021
chigozieduru:

cc @justwise

I will be highlighting some of my experience alongside with pictures here and there. I visited the state of Nuevo Leon in Mexico for two weeks and it was really a nice experience for the most part. I will also share some lessons I took from my visit. I decided to take a short break from work and I wanted to be in a different environment. The options were limited because I wanted a country close by that is allowing visitors. It was my second time in Mexico. The first was in the state of Quintana Roo at a resort surrounded by fellow tourists and the workers seemed to understand English so getting around was either then. We took excursions and those tour guide also spoke English that year.

However, this time around I didn't want to stay in a resort. I wanted to be around the locals and see life from an average Mexican perspective. My situation was different as I wasn't visiting from my home country (Nigeria/Benin Rep.) directly. I also didn't have to apply for a Mexico visiting visa because I had a valid Canadian visitor visa. I believe you're allowed to visit Mexico if you currently have a valid US, Canada, and Schengen visa. Entry into the country was smooth as it was only ~6 hrs journey flight for me and then immigration just asked why I was there which I said I was visiting. Stamped the passport and went on to take my connection flight from Guadalajara.

I must admit that the notion that has been passed over the years that Mexico is one dilapidated or nonfunctional country is totally false. I won't dive into politics because I'm sure they have their own issues but it is very maintained from looking at the airport. Once you follow the protocols and sign every declaration form you should be fine. Next step was connection flight and finally landing in the city I was visiting.

Since the hotel I was staying in the middle of the city wasn't a 5 star or anything of sorts there wasn't an airport pickup shuttle. I visited the cab office inside the airport and saw the price in MXN$ was around MXN$699. Then I went on to check Uber which works there. I realised it was cheaper to use Uber which was around MXN$200-250. It took me a while about an hour or so to find an Uber driver I couldn't find the first driver who communicated fully in Espanyol. Other drivers kept canceling once they realized the distance was about 40 mins to my final destination. Eventually I found a driver who took me and wow it so funny trying to communicate with him. He would speak in Spanish and I would use my knowledge of French (some words are tad bit similar) to try to answer. We did throughout the whole ride. The other things I couldn't understand from what he said we used google translator. He suggested different places to visit as we drove past tourist sites and mountains. And oh before I forget the Mexicans drive just like how the drivers in Lagos drive. Impatient, fast, and can be aggressive I remembered we witness an accident of two cars. Finally we arrived and did check in and went to sleep.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by chigozieduru: 12:10am On Aug 28, 2021
The cities I visited in the state of Nuevo Leon are surrounded by mountains. So it was only normal for me to go hiking. Here's some pictures from a Park/climbing area called Parque Ecológico La Huasteca.

I saw people climbing even a young child rock climbing with ropes with the help of someone who looked like his dad (see last pic for reference).

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by chigozieduru: 12:33am On Aug 28, 2021
Some random pictures:
1. The sign post of the state in front of the park
2. Mountain view from the street
3. More mountains

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by krebcycle4u: 8:21am On Aug 28, 2021

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by krebcycle4u: 8:24am On Aug 28, 2021
It is very urgent and important, I don't want to loose the admission
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by krebcycle4u: 8:27am On Aug 28, 2021
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by Mummywifey: 1:07pm On Aug 28, 2021
chigozieduru:
Some random pictures:
2. Local man riding on a horse inside the park
3. Mountain view from the street
4. More mountains

Nice one , how’s the immigration at the border ? I may be using my schengen visa to visit Mexico soon

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by chigozieduru: 6:38pm On Aug 28, 2021
Mummywifey:

Nice one , how’s the immigration at the border ? I may be using my schengen visa to visit Mexico soon

Thank you. Which border are you referring to? I flew there and the immigration at the airport I landed was calm. They only asked if I was visiting, looked through old visas in my passport, stamped my passport and added the 180 days stamp on the FMM tourist card/form which I filled out.
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by BlessedteeEvent: 7:04pm On Aug 28, 2021
chigozieduru:

Thank you. Which border are you referring to? I flew and the immigration at the airport I landed was calm. They only asked if I was visiting, looked through old visas in my passport, stamped my passport and added the 180 days stamp on the FMM tourist card/form which I filled out.
[q
chigozieduru:

Thank you. Which border are you referring to? I flew and the immigration at the airport I landed was calm. They only asked if I was visiting, looked through old visas in my passport, stamped my passport and added the 180 days stamp on the FMM tourist card/form which I filled out.
uote author=krebcycle4u post=105253441]Please help me, I am finding it difficult to schedule an interview for mexico visa, its saying no address found. Find attached... Kindly help a friend as this bus urgent[/quote]
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by Mummywifey: 11:00am On Aug 29, 2021
chigozieduru:

Cancun
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by Mummywifey: 11:02am On Aug 29, 2021
BlessedteeEvent:
[quote author=krebcycle4u post=105253441]Please help me, I am finding it difficult to schedule an interview for mexico visa, its saying no address found. Find attached... Kindly help a friend as this bus urgent

Why don't you try using other visa to enter Mexico. The embassy is not issuing tourist visa at the moment. Don't allow any agent scam you that they can help you get dates. Even if they do, when you get there after paying for the tourist visa , they will tell you that they are not giving tourist visa.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by Gosina: 12:23pm On Aug 30, 2021
My sister inlaw got to cancun this morning and has been denied entry. she went with her valid uk tourist visa. the problem according to them was that she went through panama on turkish airline ( this was the shortest route as a direct flight to cancun will require a 21 hour layover in instaband the immigration in panama flagged her. we have been asking the cancun immigration what the issue fllaged is and they have refused to say.

initially they said visa was fake, we contacted uk embassy and they confirmed visa . they also said she didnt commit any offence travelling to mexico with the uk tourist visa but yet they are holding her there at cancun airport , said they are waiting to return her on the next available flight.

please anyone with help on how to resolve this?
Mummywifey:

Cancun
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by sliksusan: 2:58pm On Aug 30, 2021
Gosina:
My sister inlaw got to cancun this morning and has been denied entry. she went with her valid uk tourist visa. the problem according to them was that she went through panama on turkish airline ( this was the shortest route as a direct flight to cancun will require a 21 hour layover in instaband the immigration in panama flagged her. we have been asking the cancun immigration what the issue fllaged is and they have refused to say.

initially they said visa was fake, we contacted uk embassy and they confirmed visa . they also said she didnt commit any offence travelling to mexico with the uk tourist visa but yet they are holding her there at cancun airport , said they are waiting to return her on the next available flight.

how possible panama flagged your sister in law are you sure the UK visa is good when visa is good no way panama can flagged panama airport is not bad to flagged passenger visa because am live in panama city l know what l am saying maybe is UK visa not ok she need to contact the UK embassy
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by zizzo: 8:53pm On Sep 01, 2021
Pls add me on WhatsApp let talk better….07060575253
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by Raalsalghul: 9:02pm On Sep 01, 2021
Very nice images, but watch out for those cartels especially the Sinaloan and Jalisco New Generation cartels. Those guys are deadly.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by Teslason(m): 9:44pm On Oct 21, 2021
What's the cost of a room self contain?
Salary for engineers?(if you have an idea)

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by Bussybell15(f): 9:54am On Nov 03, 2021
Hello everyone!
Please I need your advice.

My cousin is about 26 weeks pregnant and has been trying UK but has not been able to get UK visa so she wants to try out Mexico, I want to know the requirements for applying and if there's any possible date and if she can still have her child in Mexico her due date is February.

It is urgent.
@SpiceQueen01 and any other person with valid information.
Thank you
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by Nobody: 8:58pm On Nov 04, 2021
Bussybell15:
Hello everyone!
Please I need your advice.

My cousin is about 26 weeks pregnant and has been trying UK but has not been able to get UK visa so she wants to try out Mexico, I want to know the requirements for applying and if there's any possible date and if she can still have her child in Mexico her due date is February.

It is urgent.
@SpiceQueen01 and any other person with valid information.
Thank you

Just an advise, she should rather go to Brazil, that way her child gets Brazilian citizenship by jus soli. I believe getting a visa to Brazil may be easier too. Check online for more information

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by Shakiratemma(f): 6:00pm On Nov 05, 2021
Good evening all
Pls can i transit tru Mexico without a transit visa?
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by sleekender(m): 2:55pm On Nov 22, 2021
How did you resolve this?

Gosina:

Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by Doncanon: 9:01pm On Dec 01, 2021
@benpedro

Can you please send me a message on email? Let's reason. Thanks

canondigital001@yahoo.com
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by Doncanon: 3:19pm On Dec 03, 2021
Can someone in Mexico please chat me up on WhatsApp. +22954671646

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by Abby2020: 1:34pm On Dec 21, 2021
Hi pls I want to know about mexico more, can I private chat you?? A friend of mine got a visa but doesnt have anyone in Mexico
sliksusan:

how possible panama flagged your sister in law are you sure the UK visa is good when visa is good no way panama can flagged panama airport is not bad to flagged passenger visa because am live in panama city l know what l am saying maybe is UK visa not ok she need to contact the UK embassy
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by SoliBayNG: 3:10pm On Dec 21, 2021
chigozieduru:
Some random pictures:
2. Mountain view from the street
3. More mountains

What airline/route did you use from Nigeria/Benin to Mexico?
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by sliksusan: 3:28pm On Dec 21, 2021
Abby2020:
Hi pls I want to know about mexico more, can I private chat you?? A friend of mine got a visa but doesnt have anyone in Mexico

l did not live mexico l am live panama city
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by Nobody: 4:12pm On Dec 22, 2021
sliksusan:

l did not live mexico l am live panama city

hi, good day hows live in panama work/business and schjool
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by sliksusan: 4:21pm On Dec 22, 2021
Nogymmarts:

hi, good day hows live in panama work/business and schjool

live in panama very good and doing business here nice also and for school you must first apply for school here if you get approval you can take your paper to panama embassy for visa

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by Nobody: 6:47pm On Dec 22, 2021
sliksusan:

live in panama very good and doing business here nice also and for school you must first apply for school here if you get approval you can take your paper to panama embassy for visa

WHAT TYPE OF BUSINESS CAN BE DONE THERE
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by sliksusan: 6:48pm On Dec 22, 2021
Nogymmarts:

WHAT TYPE OF BUSINESS CAN BE DONE THERE

if you have resident permit you can do any business you like

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (32) (Reply)

Best Country To Relocate With My Family Apart From Canada / Why Most Nigerians Go To Malaysia Instead Of Europe And America / Lockdown: My Visit To Street Market In Greece (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.