Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,765 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:46 PM

Why Did Jesus Really Come To The Earth? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did Jesus Really Come To The Earth? (12041 Views)

Do All Things Really Come From GOD? / Does "In The Name Of Jesus" Really Work? / How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did Jesus Really Come To The Earth? by sonmvayina(m): 4:07pm On Sep 15, 2018
fineboynl:

Hidden in Deuteronomy is yet another prophecy about the Messiah; it predicts the way in which the Savior would die and the length of time he would remain on the cross.
Deuteronomy 21:22–23 says that God cursed any man executed for breaking one of God’s commands. His body hanging on a pole was a public display of judgment. Jesus took on this curse for all of humanity when he died on the “cross” (1 Peter 2:24), fulfilling the prophecy in Deuteronomy 21:23. The apostle Paul reiterates this concept in Galatians 3:13.
Deuteronomy 21:23 also commanded that the offender’s body not be left on the pole overnight, and as we know from the Gospels, Jesus’ body was taken down and placed into the tomb before nightfall (see Matthew 27:57–60; Mark 15:42–46).
Taken from “ How Is Jesus’ Death Foretold in Deuteronomy 21:23? ” from the NIV Case for Christ Study Bible (used by permission).

These are Messianic prophecies, check if Jesus fulfilled any one..

Isaiah 11

Ezekiel 37:24-25
Ezekiel 34:23-24

Hosea 3:5

Jeremiah 23, 31, 33

Thanks..
Re: Why Did Jesus Really Come To The Earth? by sonmvayina(m): 4:12pm On Sep 15, 2018
oladepo35:
Redemption.... modified.. other prophets that came ahead couldn't redeem human kind..they can heal, deliver but couldn't lay down there lives to bring man back to God...That is what differentiate Jesus from them... John 10:10

Where did you get all these trash from? Was these God's plan? Where did you manufacture them from....
Those God like human sacrifice?

Hmm.. God only desires sincere repentance.. No human sacrifice is required or necessary.. Before God can forgive..
God NEVER said somebody was coming to die.. The new convenant was a convenant of everlasting peace and not death for sin..

Isaiah 11

Ezekiel 37:24-25
Ezekiel 34:23-24

Hosea 3:5

Jeremiah 23, 31, 33

Read them above.
Re: Why Did Jesus Really Come To The Earth? by orisa37: 4:16pm On Sep 15, 2018
That He is Emmanuel.
Re: Why Did Jesus Really Come To The Earth? by studentofTruth: 4:28pm On Sep 15, 2018
studentofTruth:

Do Christians attack Allah? Never knew. Only know that some people can't imagine Mohammed as a role model.

One thing I know for sure is that there's only one God. Different people have different understanding of who He's and so different names for Him. Muslims may call Him Allah, The Jews...Yahweh, The Igbo's...Chukwu, Yoruba's...Oluwa etc. So whoever is attacking Allah, is s/he attacking the person of Allah or just the 'name' Allah? The latter may be a troll but the former is obviously a sin for a theist.
Even though one may think that another's understanding (and consequently the beliefs) of God are faulty or incomplete, attacking the person of God is sacrilegious for a theist. For atheists I would understand.

It's the same God that our ancestors called Oluwa, Chukwu, etc that the Jews called Yahweh and the Muslims call Allah.

Jews know God from what their prophets told them about God. Muslims understand God from what their prophet Mohammed (who himself claimed to have received the knowledge from Jibriel, a supposed angel) told them about God. Christians know God from what Jesus (who himself claimed to be God's begotten Son), told them about God.
It's all different understanding of the same person. Who is right and who's wrong or rather whose understanding is the best is a question for another day.
But logically, that revealed by the Son of God himself should be the purest of them all whichever way we look at it.
Re: Why Did Jesus Really Come To The Earth? by studentofTruth: 4:31pm On Sep 15, 2018
ollah2:

Why do Christians attack Allah?
Why do Christians attack Muhammed?

What did Muhammed do that the aforelisted people didn't do? Why Attack Muhammed and exonerate others?

What did Allah do that the Christian God didn't do? Why attack Allah and exonerate the Christian God ?

One thing I know for sure is that there's only one God. Different people have different understanding of who He's and so different names for Him. Muslims may call Him Allah, The Jews...Yahweh, The Igbo's...Chukwu, Yoruba's...Oluwa etc. So whoever is attacking Allah, is s/he attacking the person of Allah or just the 'name' Allah? The latter may be a troll but the former is obviously a sin for a theist.
Even though one may think that another's understanding (and consequently the beliefs) of God are faulty or incomplete, attacking the person of God is sacrilegious for a theist. For atheists I would understand.
It's the same God that our ancestors called Oluwa, Chukwu, etc that the Jews called Yahweh and the Muslims call Allah.
Jews know God from what their prophets told them about God. Muslims understand God from what their prophet Mohammed (who himself claimed to have received the knowledge from Jibriel, a supposed angel) told them about God. Christians know God from what Jesus (who himself claimed to be God's begotten Son), told them about God.
It's all different understanding of the same person. Who is right and who's wrong or rather whose understanding is the best is a question for another day.
But logically, the knowledge revealed by the Son of God himself should be the purest of them all whichever way we look at it.
Re: Why Did Jesus Really Come To The Earth? by musicwriter(m): 6:58pm On Sep 15, 2018
studentofTruth:

Really? There can't be history without religion. The history of any people, is the history of their way of life and beliefs.... religion is an inherent part of that way of life. Saying religion has no history is the height of your confusion.

Please don't get me wrong. Your christianity is a belief system based on myth not on history. That's what I said.

If religion is a way of life; why is the European Jesus your way of life, instead of the African way of life by our African ancestors? Are you a European?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did Jesus Really Come To The Earth? by sonmvayina(m): 9:00am On Sep 16, 2018
studentofTruth:

Isaiah must be either a roman or Greek then. Go read your old testament man.

That is the problem, I have read the old testament cover to cover with special attention to the portions dealing with the Messianic prophecies, I am yet to come across any part that says the messiah was coming to die for sins.. They all(Isaiah 11,Jeremiah, ezekiel, Hosea,) they all said the messiah was from the shoot of Jesse (David's father) and was coming to usher in an era of world peace and rule as an earthly king..

Then, somebody else is presenting a demi God (half God half man) as the messiah that he came to die for sins of the world and that I should give my life to him if I don't want to perish, when that was NEVER God's plan.
That is what I am pointing out to you, I don't know why you did not notice it, I did and I am pointing it out to you..
When I did a further investigation, I discovered that the new testament was fabricated by the Romans just to deceive and make mockery of God..
Re: Why Did Jesus Really Come To The Earth? by studentofTruth: 11:24am On Sep 16, 2018
musicwriter:

Please don't get me wrong. Your christianity is a belief system based on myth not on history. That's what I said.

If religion is a way of life; why is the European Jesus your way of life, instead of the African way of life by our African ancestors? Are you a European?

it's never a myth. the existence of Yeshuah Ben Yosef about 2000yrs ago was real historically. Even the Jews acknowledge that.

Coming to my Ancestors beliefs. I confidently believe that my Ancestors worshipped the true God based on how they understand him. They called him Chukwu, Oluwa, Osanobuwa etc. They also believed that this Almighty God have several 'agents/gods' that serve him and through whom(agents) He(God) exerts His powers. What Christians called archangel Michael, is what my ancestors called Amadioha in Igbo and Sango in Yoruba.

As I said earlier in my reply to ollah, we all worship the same God but differently because of the difference in our understanding of Him. Then I concluded that logically the knowledge of God revealed by the ("claimed"wink begotten Son of God should be purest of them all whichever way we look at it. Thus it supercedes the knowledge revealed by ("claimed"wink prophets and ("claimed"wink oral tradition of ancestors.
Re: Why Did Jesus Really Come To The Earth? by studentofTruth: 11:52am On Sep 16, 2018
sonmvayina:

That is the problem, I have read the old testament cover to cover with special attention to the portions dealing with the Messianic prophecies, I am yet to come across any part that says the messiah was coming to die for sins.. They all(Isaiah 11,Jeremiah, ezekiel, Hosea,) they all said the messiah was from the shoot of Jesse (David's father) and was coming to usher in an era of world peace and rule as an earthly king..

Then, somebody else is presenting a demi God (half God half man) as the messiah that he came to die for sins of the world and that I should give my life to him if I don't want to perish, when that was NEVER God's plan.
That is what I am pointing out to you, I don't know why you did not notice it, I did and I am pointing it out to you..
When I did a further investigation, I discovered that the new testament was fabricated by the Romans just to deceive and make mockery of God..

you initially claimed that there's no place they mentioned a virgin shall conceive and bear a child. you seem to have edited them.

However, go read your old testaments thoroughly including the psalms, Deuteronomy, the prophets especially Zechariah and Isaiah... especially Isaiah 53. There's a promise of a messiah coming firstly as a nobody (not all will recognize Him ) and then as a prince on the throne with His angels (all will see Him but not all will be happy with His presence).
Re: Why Did Jesus Really Come To The Earth? by sonmvayina(m): 12:06pm On Sep 16, 2018
studentofTruth:

you initially claimed that there's no place they mentioned a virgin shall conceive and bear a child. you seem to have deleted them.

However, go read your old testaments thoroughly including the psalms. There's a promise of a messiah coming firstly as a nobody and then as a prince on the throne with His angels.

Quote the psalm.. I quoted Isaiah 11 for you as a Messianic passage..
Re: Why Did Jesus Really Come To The Earth? by sonmvayina(m): 12:10pm On Sep 16, 2018
studentofTruth:

it's never a myth. the existence of Yeshuah Ben Yosef about 2000yrs ago was real historically. Even the Jews acknowledge that.

Coming to my Ancestors beliefs. I confidently believe that my Ancestors worshipped the true God based on how they understand him. They called him Chukwu, Oluwa, Osanobuwa etc. They also believed that this Almighty God have several 'agents/gods' that serve him and through whom(agents) He(God) exerts His powers. What Christians called archangel Michael, is what my ancestors called Amadioha in Igbo and Sango in Yoruba.

As I said earlier in my reply to ollah, we all worship the same God but differently because of the difference in our understanding of Him. Then I concluded that logically the knowledge of God revealed by the ("claimed"wink begotten Son of God should be purest of them all whichever way we look at it. Thus it supercedes the knowledge revealed by ("claimed"wink prophets and ("claimed"wink oral tradition of ancestors.

God(Chukwu, olodumare, Osanobua etc) is the personification of consciousness.. It can't make a woman pregnant, so it can't have a son... Only a man can make a woman pregnant through sexual intercourse.... Our ancestors knew that

1 Like

Re: Why Did Jesus Really Come To The Earth? by studentofTruth: 12:28pm On Sep 16, 2018
sonmvayina:

God(Chukwu, olodumare, Osanobua etc) is the personification of consciousness.. It can't make a woman pregnant, so it can't have a son... Only a man can make a woman pregnant through sexual intercourse.... Our ancestors knew that

Your shallowness is amazing. So pregnancy can only result from intercourse? At least based on current level of knowledge science has discovered so far (meaning there still a lot science is yet to discover) we can have pregnancy via artificial insemination and in vitro fertilization plus recently artificial womb.

God being Almighty can anything he so wishes even if it's still a mystery to science. You should know that.
Re: Why Did Jesus Really Come To The Earth? by studentofTruth: 12:31pm On Sep 16, 2018
sonmvayina:

Quote the psalm.. I quoted Isaiah 11 for you as a Messianic passage..

Knowledge is a continuum and not in facets. that's why versewise quotation and reading makes no sense to me. you need to grasp the knowledge as a "whole" not facets.
Re: Why Did Jesus Really Come To The Earth? by studentofTruth: 12:32pm On Sep 16, 2018
studentofTruth:

you initially claimed that there's no place they mentioned a virgin shall conceive and bear a child. you seem to have edited them.

However, go read your old testaments thoroughly including the psalms, Deuteronomy, the prophets especially Zechariah and Isaiah... especially Isaiah 53. There's a promise of a messiah coming firstly as a nobody (not all will recognize Him ) and then as a prince on the throne with His angels (all will see Him but not all will be happy with His presence).

please reread I added some things.
Re: Why Did Jesus Really Come To The Earth? by studentofTruth: 12:48pm On Sep 16, 2018
Even the Jews acknowledged the existence of Yeshua Ben Yosef 2000yrs ago. There problem was that He couldn't have been the promised Yeshua Ben David but a thorough reading of the Torah will show
1. that genealogically, Yeshua Ben Yosef is actually Yeshua Ben David.
2. That He's to come firstly as a nobody with suffering and being despised and then later in His glory as a prince on the throne with his angels.
Re: Why Did Jesus Really Come To The Earth? by studentofTruth: 1:10pm On Sep 16, 2018
The message for you today is that while we wait patiently for His coming again in Glory, accept and believe that He has sacrificed himself to reconcile mankind to God; that "He BORE THE PUNISHMENT THAT BROUGHT US PEACE"(ref Isaiah 53 vs 5).

peace be with you.
Re: Why Did Jesus Really Come To The Earth? by musicwriter(m): 2:25pm On Sep 16, 2018
studentofTruth:

The problem then becomes how to make you understand that the only reason you believe ''the knowledge of God revealed by the ("claimed"wink begotten Son of God should be purest of them all'' is because a white supremacist view was imposed on colonies conquered by the Europeans. Thousands of years before your acclaimed begotten son of God, several other ''begotten son of God'' already made that claim. All you have to do is step outside your bible and look into the historicity of all begotten sons of God, and you'll realize that your Jesus is just one among hundreds of myths known all over the world in ancient times about saviors who died and resurrected. There's nothing special about Jesus claim.

The only reason you believe and continue to believe that the European Jesus is the purest is because our ancestors were conquered and the Europeans imposed their language, education, and religion on us, so you inherited an indoctrination that's no fault on yours. But it becomes a fault of yours if you as an adult with all your education, continue to believe this myth.

In China, Jesus is not the messiah. In Japan, Jesus is not the messiah. In Thailand, Jesus is not the messiah. The only countries where Jesus is the messiah are enslaved and or colonized nations that have been indoctrinated with what the Europeans wanted them to believe.

3 Likes

Re: Why Did Jesus Really Come To The Earth? by studentofTruth: 3:20pm On Sep 16, 2018
musicwriter:

The problem then becomes how to make you understand that the only reason you believe ''the knowledge of God revealed by the ("claimed"wink begotten Son of God should be purest of them all'' is because a white supremacist view was imposed on colonies conquered by the Europeans. Thousands of years before your acclaimed begotten son of God, several other ''begotten son of God'' already made that claim. All you have to do is step outside your bible and look into the historicity of all begotten sons of God, and you'll realize that your Jesus is just one among hundreds of myths known all over the world in ancient times about saviors who died and resurrected. There's nothing special about Jesus claim.

The only reason you believe and continue to believe that the European Jesus is the purest is because our ancestors were conquered and the Europeans imposed their language, education, and religion on us, so you inherited an indoctrination that's no fault on yours. But it becomes a fault of yours if you as an adult with all your education, continue to believe this myth.

In China, Jesus is not the messiah. In Japan, Jesus is not the messiah. In Thailand, Jesus is not the messiah. The only countries where Jesus is the messiah are enslaved and or colonized nations that have been indoctrinated with what the Europeans wanted them to believe.

1. You lied. None of the characters ever claimed begotten son of Almighty God before nor after Christ. I mean none. stop lying to yourself.

2. I said Logically, the knowledge revealed by the son of God should supercede all others. So logically thinking devoid of any sentiments or influence, one will arrive at that. So colonization or whatever influence you called has been rendered redundant before arriving at that conclusion. That's the meaning of "logically".

3. Belief is a personal thing. millions of Chinese believe in Yeshua so does millions of Japanese. Prior to Mohammed forceful capture of North Africa, Thousands if not millions of North Africans up to Ethiopia believed in Yeshua. Prior to Ad 1400 Ottoman's capture of Turkey and its neighborhoods, millions of them believed in Yeshua. It has nothing to do with colonization. it's simply a personal belief. Most of our ancestors and their descendants still worshipped God in their traditional way up till today.
Re: Why Did Jesus Really Come To The Earth? by musicwriter(m): 4:54pm On Sep 16, 2018
studentofTruth:

1. You lied. None of the characters ever claimed begotten son of Almighty God before nor after Christ. I mean none. stop lying to yourself.

2. I said Logically, the knowledge revealed by the son of God should supercede all others. So logically thinking devoid of any sentiments or influence, one will arrive at that. So colonization or whatever influence you called has been rendered redundant before arriving at that conclusion. That's the meaning of "logically".

3. Belief is a personal thing. millions of Chinese believe in Yeshua so does millions of Japanese. Prior to Mohammed forceful capture of North Africa, Thousands if not millions of North Africans up to Ethiopia believed in Yeshua. Prior to Ad 1400 Ottoman's capture of Turkey and its neighborhoods, millions of them believed in Yeshua. It has nothing to do with colonization. it's simply a personal belief. Most of our ancestors and their descendants still worshipped God in their traditional way up till today.

You accuse me of lying? Lying for what end?

Bro, I know the state of mind you're at this moment cause I've been there before. Thank God I freed myself.

In Africa, Osiris was born by a virgin before Jesus. Osiris died and resurrected before Jesus. Osiris saved the whole world before any Jesus.

In India, Buddha was born by a virgin before Jesus. Buddha was crucified before Jesus. Buddha died and resurrected before Jesus. Buddha saved the whole world before any Jesus.

In Mexico, Quetzalcoatl was born by a virgin before Jesus. Quetzalcoatl was crucified on a cross before Jesus. Quetzalcoatl died and resurrected before Jesus. Quetzalcoatl promised he will return before there was any Jesus. Quetzalcoatl saved the whole world before any Jesus.

The list of God-man saviors who saved the world in different countries before any Jesus is endless.

Anybody that believes Jesus in China is a fool, not the norm. The government of China is closing churches to stop her citizens being indoctrinated in the nonsense. Anybody that believes in Jesus in Japan is a fool, not the norm.

I can see you're deep inside this mess and it obviously don't allow a rational use of the brain.

I wish you good luck in your belief. Good bye.

10 Christ like Figures Who Pre-date Jesus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvSkjqFLXxI

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Scientist Confirm That Hell Is Real / Am Lost. How Can I Build My Spiritual Life. (advice) / What Is Your Favourite Christmas Carol Song?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 249
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.