Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,970 members, 7,817,845 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:06 PM

How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? - Career (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? (29285 Views)

How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? / How Do You Cope When A Colleague Or Senior Is Not Up To Their Job / Guys, Never Look This Way If You Want To Keep Your Job In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by vivie01(f): 8:55pm On Sep 11, 2018
cucumbae:
You should write a former letter to your pension admin stating that you need 25% of your pension.Again your former employer should write a letter stating the reason why you were disengaged from work.You also need statement of your account from your bank and passports.Take it to your pension admin so that 25% of your pension savings will be remitted to your account.Men!you go spend money to do all these things ehn!

You wouldnt spend much money other than your transport fares to the PFA office, except you dont have relevant papers required to process you 25% lump sum, which actually are basic documents that would be demanded to be sighted by your PFA.
You dont need statement of account either.
Someone mentioned 'withdrawing fund monthly', not so either, except you have attained pensionable age.
@Charlyok, contact your pension fund administrator and they will guide you on how to go about it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by Gamesmart: 8:56pm On Sep 11, 2018
UyaiIncomparabl:

Mehn. I'm out. You're really a depressed soul. Don't vent your anger on me, please. I'm still a lassie. Be good. I don't involve in arguments, but if I do, you'll deactivate your account.

Abeg, no just get mouth. Make me deactivate my akant! grin

Or just run because you cannot defend you failed God as we all know. grin

People like you in Africa should not be the ones talking about some Yeye God and saying "he is great and doing wonders in your life". You should be talking about lynching him and skinning him alive if you ever meet him on Judgement Day.

Abeg, go park your God into some cupboard and let him catch cobwebs. Don't ever raise his useless ass as a solution to other people's problem here again.
Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 9:20pm On Sep 11, 2018
Gamesmart:

Abeg, no just get mouth. Make me deactivate my akant! grin

Or just run because you cannot defend you failed God as we all know. grin

People like you in Africa should not be the ones talking about some Yeye God and saying "he is great and doing wonders in your life". You should be talking about lynching him and skinning him alive if you ever meet him on Judgement Day.

Abeg, go park your God into some cupboard and let him catch cobwebs. Don't ever raise his useless ass as a solution to other people's problem here again.

Lol. Ok boy!
Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by schoolboi: 9:44pm On Sep 11, 2018
CC:
telim
Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by salt1: 10:00pm On Sep 11, 2018
fabraham:

It is still 25%

Thanks for this information
Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by Ubongdemaga: 10:04pm On Sep 11, 2018
vivie01:

You wouldnt spend much money other than your transport fares to the PFA office, except you dont have relevant papers required to process you 25% lump sum, which actually are basic documents that would be demanded to be sighted by your PFA.
Someone mentioned 'withdrawing fund monthly', not so either, except you have attained pensionable age.
@Charlyok, contact your pension fund administrator and they will guide you on how to go about it.
what of account that is dormant? My salary account is dormant for 5yrs now. I went there last year becos i wanted to apply for something the bank told me they can't give account statement for account abandon 4 years. Would they accept my savings account since it still carry my name BVN etc
Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Sep 11, 2018
vivie01:

I am talking from experience.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by Eleganza33(f): 6:19am On Sep 12, 2018
grossintel:
Op, this is the best advise here. Gone are the days we kill ourselves over landing a good job. I was once in your shoes in 2016 and it was devastating! I lost connection with clients and realized I was on my own. This made me vow never to work for anyone again! The kind of money I make working online can be compared to the salary big oil companies pay and I mean every single word. Follow his advice and be determined and productive, SignUp for fiverr and upwork, try domain flipping. I also added cryptocurrency trading to my hustle and its very lucrative but requires alot of experience and research. Wish you the best.
hunku i nid to learn i sent u a mail

1 Like

Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by boyjo: 9:24am On Sep 12, 2018
Charlyok:

I'm closer to Jesus. As a catholic, I attend mass and I receive the holy communion. I read my Bible and I pray

Great but that is not even up to half of what you really need.
Have you heard about "Faith"?

It is not a belief system but a Spiritual Weapon.

Scriptures says, "Without faith, it is impossible to please GOD"
Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by Nobody: 10:59am On Sep 12, 2018
boyjo:

Great but that is not even up to half of what you really need.
Have you heard about "Faith"?

It is not a belief system but a Spiritual Weapon.

Scriptures says, "Without faith, it is impossible to please GOD"

Thanks. I'll build on my faith
Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by boyjo: 12:04pm On Sep 12, 2018
Charlyok:

Thanks. I'll build on my faith

Mark 11:24 "Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them." smiley

God will help you, don`t be afraid.
HE will touch the hearts of men for you, HE will direct you in the way you should go.
Believe in HIM.
And have no fear.
smiley

There is this book I`d like to recommend: Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey.
Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by Nobody: 1:41pm On Sep 12, 2018
boyjo:

Mark 11:24 "Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them." smiley

God will help you, don`t be afraid.
HE will touch the hearts of men for you, HE will direct you in the way you should go.
Believe in HIM.
And have no fear.
smiley
Amen. Thank you sir.

boyjo:

here is this book I`d like to recommend: Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey.

Can I get it online for free?
Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by boyjo: 2:36pm On Sep 12, 2018
Charlyok:

Can I get it online for free?

Wow.
I forgot that it was the online version that I read.

I need you to make up your mind not to skip any line or page of the book.
The reason I say so is because it was really tasking for me to read because I prefer hardcopy books to online books.
But If I could do it, you can.

I will look for the link in my inbox and send it to you.

Meanwhile there is a talent God has given you that can help you make money without any start up expense.
Not just any of the many gifts you have but...you`d recognize this talent because of the passion you have for it.
You would need it to get you by this critical stage you seem to be in.

My own Pastor, Sam Adeyemi, wrote a book on "Start With What you Have" that I read when I lost another job.
He encourages you to write a list of every single gift, talent, and skill that you have, on a sheet of paper.
Then, tick the ones you can start using right away to start generating money without any expense what so ever.

E.g plaiting hair or running errands for busy people.

I do have another job now, thanks solely to GOD.
Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by Gamboh55(m): 12:25am On Sep 14, 2018
gen2lpat:

I keep saying it, the problem with some people is that they feel so comfortable with one source of income. Why? Ever since I got my job (started with 30k) back in 2013, I started looking for an alternative source of income until I found one in 2016. FREELANCING. Domain flipping is like an investment where the returns is uncertain. I suggest you start with Vanzal and Beatzone fiverr thread here on Nairaland.

If can be thinking of resigning come December this year, then trust me when I tell you that freelancing is one of many sure ways to make money online. I do hope you consider this. Good luck

Nice advise. I'd like to send u a PM pls.
Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by vivie01(f): 8:08pm On Sep 14, 2018
Ubongdemaga:
what of account that is dormant? My salary account is dormant for 5yrs now. I went there last year becos i wanted to apply for something the bank told me they can't give account statement for account abandon 4 years. Would they accept my savings account since it still carry my name BVN etc
Deposit into it and make it active again.
Yes, they would accept savings account, at least for those I knew.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by Ubongdemaga: 10:03pm On Sep 14, 2018
vivie01:

Deposit into it and make it active again.
Yes, they would accept savings account, at least for those I knew.
thankz bro. I will use my savings account. But have u seen some1 who has collect he's or hers? Chat me up on whatspp 09020606565
Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by devlishGINGER(m): 11:34am On Sep 15, 2018
Charlyok:
Thank you all for all your comments, experiences shared, advice and concern.
I'm relieved
All is well
Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Sep 15, 2018
devlishGINGER:
All is well

Hhhhmmm!
Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by teacherbim(f): 4:52am On Sep 16, 2018
How I wish my husband could just resign from this useless job he is doing,for the past 5months he hasn't received salary,he has been working with this man for long ,no more respect,my husband is being depressed,to even make love na wahala.I pray God show him the way,just dont know what he can do at 40+.
Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by Thehilah4jesus: 12:08am On Sep 19, 2018
HaileSelassie:

bro I am good at social media mgt, and curating contents.. which platform can i sell this skill?

l know someone that needs your service urgently.send me an e mail rcsatelier18@gmail.com
Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by gen2lpat(m): 10:24pm On Sep 22, 2018
FRoosevelt:
What kind of service is most sought after on freelancing please??

Web design/app design
Writing
Graphics
Video

Those four are � � �. It still does not mean other niches don't make money. My niche for now isnt there but I still make sales. It's all dependant on how well you know your stuff and how original you can be. All the best sir
Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by gen2lpat(m): 10:29pm On Sep 22, 2018
Gamboh55:

Nice advise. I'd like to send u a PM pls.

I am a very busy person. I work offline and online. I tried to tutor someone months ago and I ended up not doing anything. Sometimes I don't even have time for myself.

Type Beatzone or Vanzal on nairaland search bar and find the fiverr thread. Read from page 1 to when you grab every.

**** It's best to get a skill first before signing up on fiverr ***
Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by gen2lpat(m): 10:30pm On Sep 22, 2018
fk002:

Can you share the thread for me pls.

Will like to engage on it.

Type Beatzone or Vanzal on nairaland search bar and find the fiverr thread. Read from page 1 to when you grab every.

**** It's best to get a skill first before signing up on fiverr ***
Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by Nobody: 7:38am On Sep 23, 2018
gen2lpat:

Web design/app design
Writing
Graphics
Video

Those four are � � �. It still does not mean other niches don't make money. My niche for now isnt there but I still make sales. It's all dependant on how well you know your stuff and how original you can be. All the best sir
Thanks a lot. I'm considering Writing. I'll research further into how I can offer services.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by Phunkyposh(f): 2:43pm On Sep 25, 2018
seadesi1986:
um, v being reading al d advice and am like, they r al talking to me, i lost my job in june, and it was like, v bein hidin indoor to avoid bein seen by nebor, but what i stated doin imedietely is to apply fo volunteer jobs, e.g lagos food bank many tins just volunteer n engage urself, nt easy

How do i. Apply for the food bank volunteering please?
Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by vivie01(f): 12:45pm On Sep 30, 2018
Ubongdemaga:
thankz bro. I will use my savings account. But have u seen some1 who has collect he's or hers? Chat me up on whatspp 09020606565
Yeah, but maybe it has to do with the PFA, I dont know.
I heard government own can be very tasking and not that easy to collect but private is much better and easier.
If all papers are completed and submitted, within a month or two, you should receive your lump sum in your account.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by Ubongdemaga: 11:27pm On Oct 04, 2018
vivie01:

Yeah, but maybe it has to do with the PFA, I dont know.
I heard government own can be very tasking and not that easy to collect but private is much better and easier.
If all papers are completed and submitted, within a month or two, you should receive your lump sum in your account.
thankz

1 Like

Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Nov 23, 2018
lonelydora:

He can only draw if he was doing the voluntary contribution. He can only access 25% of his total contribution after 4 months of not getting another job.
So true, lonelydora. Nicely done and sorry it took me so long to get back to you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by bluediesel03: 5:38am On Apr 25, 2019
olufalaye:
I swear I can't cope when I lose mine..... Honestly it's been hell

Pls I had to narrate my pains here. 2 months ago I was involved in a bike accident, it was severe I couldn't go to my part time work, hereby loosing the job.
The pain behind all this is that I need to pay my tuition fee in less than a week. I do not have parents since a tender age, so am all I've got for myself.
Am. Currently in my final year, just some months to finish.
pls good people of this forum help me out, any amount donated is something. The total fee is 80.300 and I have proof of all this to confirm
Pls I also need a part time job around Abeokuta axis. I have nothing to move on right now.
My account details is on my profile for any assistance
Its a pity.I feel for you.Just send your account detail let me send a little thunder of 5000kW to you.you will get the strike immediately in your phone while.making call
Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by Ndipe(m): 6:52pm On Sep 06, 2019
Not easy.
Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by banji1(m): 6:48pm On Sep 08, 2019
*FREE Lesson Notes for all School Teachers and Students*

Are you a student and you missed a class? Or you are a teacher and you don’t have all the time to write your students lesson notes all day all night? Thank goodness you are in the right place.

Get full access to well written and carefully sorted class notes that are frequently updated to meet your needs wherever and whenever you need them.

Check my signature for details.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

For About 2 Years Now, I Get Paid For Doing No Work. I Need Advice / Why Do People Make Money Mistakes Immediately They Hit Big Funds! / FAAN Pays Staff Half Salary After Top Officials, Children Stole Over N750m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.