Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,055 members, 7,818,160 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? (29297 Views)

How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? / How Do You Cope When A Colleague Or Senior Is Not Up To Their Job / Guys, Never Look This Way If You Want To Keep Your Job In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by fabraham(m): 10:47am On Sep 11, 2018
Ubongdemaga:
where should i submit it to? Uyo ?
I work with a different PFA but google their office in Uyo on "googlemap" for directions.
Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by fabraham(m): 10:49am On Sep 11, 2018
Ubongdemaga:
thankz bro. Please what is number so dat i can quickly communicate wit u.
I have replied your pm. I prefer the conversation to continue here.Thanks
Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by Ubongdemaga: 10:51am On Sep 11, 2018
fabraham:

I have replied your pm. I prefer the conversation to continue here.Thanks
whatspp 09020606565. Call 08181703327,. Thankz am grateful
Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by pinkyruledworld(m): 10:53am On Sep 11, 2018
Carmal90:

Pls can you guide me on cryptocurrency trading...
Hello Carmal, Good morning. pls id like to gt some informations from u concerning VLA.Thanks RSVP
Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by DrTims(m): 10:59am On Sep 11, 2018
MrJanuzaj:
I lost my Job in 2015 in a Nigerian Bank. I sold my car Immediately to pay my rent and feed for the mean time. A lot of people that clog round me then as friends and associated ran away from me. They deserted me most refusing to pick my call and avoided me like a plague, most of them if you chat them on whatsap or facebook the will never respond. It's was only 1 of my university days friend that work in a big company in Lagos that that keep encouraging and helping me, My girlfriend never gave up on me, she is staying in a nearby state, so during some weekends she will come and buy foods stuffs for me and stay with me to encourage me., my family members also send money sometimes for me. I keep applying for any kind of Job. But i became lucky and got a scholarship to study a masters degree in the UK in 2017 January. While studying i was able to save money to register for my PhD.
I am currently in my First year PHd now. Most of those my runaway "friends" now are back chatting endlessly, even some of the girls that never knew i existed are now positioning them selves for marriage. Lol.
My lovely Girlfriend now Wife. will join me early next year here in the UK as a dependent.

The key here is i refused to engage in any bad activity, kept my head focused and accept the new reality and worked towards coming out better. I thank God that the bank even sacked me, i am far far better now, sometimes things like these are blessing in disguise, and it afforded me the opportunity to see how my girl loved me and how fake and real some of my friends are.
This your situation has really inspired me. God bless you man cool

1 Like

Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by laivwire(m): 10:59am On Sep 11, 2018
UyaiIncomparabl:
Why aren't there comments from females here? Don't you people work too?

OP. Hang in there. You'll be fine. I prophesy that by the end of this month, being my birth month, you shall be surprised with something very decent. Amen.
They are small girls with big God. wink
Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by Nobody: 11:01am On Sep 11, 2018
Ubongdemaga:
yes my former employer , dats Nigeria prisons is still remitting to them
Great news, bro. It means you are still effectively a staff of Nigeria Prisons Service.

Since you are also keen about your re-instatement why don't you approach some good nature officer, who might be willing to help you out.
Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by MrJanuzaj: 11:06am On Sep 11, 2018
Lorenzop:

Confirm, you are lucky to have that lady in your life, treat her well, mine disappeared once I got sacked, friends too avoided me...but guess what am happy all those things happened coz I got to know those who were really true friends....and today am doing fine by God's Grace

I am telling you. I knew she was faithful, but didnt know she is that mature and strong. You are also lucky that you found out your woman is fickle and a fair weather friend. If you had been sacked when you have married het, it would have been a disaster. Good luck in your endeavours may God bless the works of your hands

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by djoe21(m): 11:10am On Sep 11, 2018
Kylekent59:
Let me just tell you a girl I helped back then after service. 2015 to be precise

During my service year,there was this girl at my ppa then, we became friends and we got to know ourselves better.

She once told me she can cook, she can make cake, doughnut,meat pie,shawama and all that.
I was like complementing her.

Fast forward, six month after service, I saw her status and I knew something was wrong. I had to call her and she started telling me her plight.

I then told her that, she once told me she can cook, bake cake and all that, she said yes.

I then told her to find any secondary/gov't school and book a space that I will support her to start the baking stuff. She wrote down everything she needed and summed it up,she computed and told me it's about 35k.

I transferred 35k to her account and she started the baking stuff. After 2 weeks I called to know how far. I called her for like 3 times between 11am to 12am and she didn't pick. I was like hope all is well.

Around 1 pm she called and was thanking me, she was very happy. She said she was busy selling, that Demand is much that she is making it.
She started telling me she is well loaded, she is a rich lady. I congratulated her and advised her that there is no limit to what she can achieve.

After 2 months, she said she wants to pay me triple, I told her never to worry that she shouldn't send anything, as am typing now she has a home with a ride. She is making it big.

The brain is there, just start with a foot step. Don't give up @ Op.

Wow, this is really nice! May God bless you for what you have done.

Indeed, we really need to learn to invest in people.
Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by djoe21(m): 11:12am On Sep 11, 2018
islandmoon:
lost my job , sold my car to do business, government demolished it, always wanting bribe , mine was and still terrible, battling depression even till now , the reason I hate our leader, i can sacrifice my life to wipe them away, I even learn a skill but couldn't raise capital to start.
I had thought of killing myself many times but still alive.
I even worked as a labourer just to earn token , joined them to offload rice, I did teaching job n a private school and they couldn't pay, tried sport betting , scaffolding , etc not easy at all I must say,but whenever I noticed the whahala is too much, I take a break like I am doing now , travel to spend a week with a friend to rest and get myself back small, my dear skill is what you need, I know I will break thru one day. our leaders are dull just forget this country.

Hang in there bro. Keep the positive spirit alive. It is only a matter of time.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by Ubongdemaga: 11:13am On Sep 11, 2018
konvict0111:
Great news, bro. It means you are still effectively a staff of Nigeria Prisons Service.

Since you are also keen about your re-instatement why don't you approach some good nature officer, who might be willing to help you out.
. The fact is the man handling the stuff @ abuja is telling me to exercise patience till next year when d current controller-general will b going cos he is a difficult man to deal wit. He said if a new man comes he can now approach. Am surprise to see that both contribution of my own n prisons still running . The amount i saw some minutes ago is a balance as @ march 2018 amounting to 1:6million.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by Gamesmart: 11:16am On Sep 11, 2018
UyaiIncomparabl:

OK Satan.

Well, as long as you live in Nigeria and your life is not at least 80% of what you dream it to be in terms of comfort and security, then Satan is the one running your life.

Your Jesus/God has failed and is a failure, as he has no control in Nigeria. Satan dey drag im useless ass for floor.
Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by DrTims(m): 11:35am On Sep 11, 2018
You better stop that and pray God forgives you undecided
Gamesmart:

Well, as long as you live in Nigeria and your life is not at least 80% of what you dream it to be in terms of comfort and security, then Satan is the one running your life.

Your Jesus/God has failed and is a failure, as he has no control in Nigeria. Satan dey drag im useless ass for floor.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by djoe21(m): 11:47am On Sep 11, 2018
MrJanuzaj:
I lost my Job in 2015 in a Nigerian Bank. I sold my car Immediately to pay my rent and feed for the mean time. A lot of people that clog round me then as friends and associated ran away from me. They deserted me most refusing to pick my call and avoided me like a plague, most of them if you chat them on whatsap or facebook the will never respond. It's was only 1 of my university days friend that work in a big company in Lagos that that keep encouraging and helping me, My girlfriend never gave up on me, she is staying in a nearby state, so during some weekends she will come and buy foods stuffs for me and stay with me to encourage me., my family members also send money sometimes for me. I keep applying for any kind of Job. But i became lucky and got a scholarship to study a masters degree in the UK in 2017 January. While studying i was able to save money to register for my PhD.
I am currently in my First year PHd now. Most of those my runaway "friends" now are back chatting endlessly, even some of the girls that never knew i existed are now positioning them selves for marriage. Lol.
My lovely Girlfriend now Wife. will join me early next year here in the UK as a dependent.

The key here is i refused to engage in any bad activity, kept my head focused and accept the new reality and worked towards coming out better. I thank God that the bank even sacked me, i am far far better now, sometimes things like these are blessing in disguise, and it afforded me the opportunity to see how my girl loved me and how fake and real some of my friends are.

Really nice. Happy you stuck with same girlfriend and have now promoted her to wife grin Indeed she deserves some accolades cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by Gamesmart: 11:59am On Sep 11, 2018
DrTims:
You better stop that and pray God forgives you undecided

And if he doesn't forgive me, what will happen?

There is a bigger shithole he can put me than the ones he put you people that waste your time worshipping him everyday without results?

Abeg, make your useless God go siddon for backyard. You can continue worshipping him there while you suffer.
Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by Nobody: 12:04pm On Sep 11, 2018
UyaiIncomparabl:

I'm very well. You?
Oh! I'm great!

The early morning drizzle made my morning (at least for me.)

Hope your night was as good as mine.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by Nobody: 12:10pm On Sep 11, 2018
Ubongdemaga:
. The fact is the man handling the stuff @ abuja is telling me to exercise patience till next year when d current controller-general will b going cos he is a difficult man to deal wit. He said if a new man comes he can now approach. Am surprise to see that both contribution of my own n prisons still running . The amount i saw some minutes ago is a balance as @ march 2018 amounting to 1:6million.
Hmm! Great news, bro. Seems to me your job is still within your grasps.

If you trust the officer helping you on this, I am guessing you might need to give him some benefit of doubt. You have waited 5 years, so I believe God can sustain you even further. Just keep a regular tab on him and try to be calm. Just be friendly and talk with him about other general issues, keeping your goal in mind of course.

It would seem also that you should not ask for release of part of your funds just yet, as this might trigger administrative inquiry into your case and maybe that's not what you want for now, since you are pushing with someone at the moment.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by Echelle(m): 12:10pm On Sep 11, 2018
Seandisputed:

Bro i feel your pain, how have you been coping? I finished service two months ago and it's been hell man... I'm trying to learn a skill right now
I've been surviving with my skills, go ahead, its nice and know this, start small... even if its not up to 500-a- day.
Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by Echelle(m): 12:11pm On Sep 11, 2018
DrTims:
You don't mean it. Not even N Power? undecided
my brother e be like say dat N stands for northhh o
Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by Aplaudez(m): 12:12pm On Sep 11, 2018
PEPSI:
Join the ongoing MFM annual 70 days prayer and fasting..buy the book at mfm church or download the app for N500 from google playstore....just remember to come back here and share your testimony! Congrats in advance!
what's the one saying some one just lost his job, you're here saying what Is not!
you're off point bro!
Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by DrTims(m): 12:14pm On Sep 11, 2018
grin North power abi
Echelle:
my brother e be like say dat N stands for northhh o
Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by Echelle(m): 12:20pm On Sep 11, 2018
DrTims:
grin North power abi
But no hope lost.
Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by Nobody: 12:29pm On Sep 11, 2018
Prevention is better than cure, while you work always always always have a side hustle

1 Like

Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by DrTims(m): 12:32pm On Sep 11, 2018
Echelle:
But no hope lost.
Yeah you are right. Never give up. I graduated 2012 and served in Kaduna 2013. I didn't get any job till 2016 when N Power came along. Although the N Power program helped me in the sense that I was able to finish my masters degree program from ABU Zaria. I'm currently enrolled for my Ph.D program at the same school and sending my applications out to various universities currently recruiting. May God help us smiley

4 Likes

Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by Ejize(m): 12:45pm On Sep 11, 2018
EGBEDA101:
Go to the business section of this forum, look for iykepromotions thread on domain flipping, look for vanzel thread on fiverr.Get a note book, read from page one to the last, by the time you see how much people make a month without leaving their houses, you won't be thinking of carrying CV about ever again!

Just my little advise cos I was once in your shoes.

I found iykepromotions thread but couldn't locate that of vanzel, please can you help me out?
Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by judility(m): 12:49pm On Sep 11, 2018
Since 2014 I graduated 23yrs then, I have not work for any firm, when I graduated, I ask my self what kind of job I will do that will stay in me to the rest of my life without being sacked someday, the answer I got was SKILL, and I ask again, what kind of skill I need that will sell in this economy, my answer was look around you what do you see often, I look and saw cars and building, then get any skill in this two then you you are good to go, but note it may take time. So I have to use the little savings I made during my service year to enroll in an automobile workshop as a trainee for one yre as an auto electrician, which I was perfect within one year ans six mouth, then after that, I also enroll for solar energy installation and repairs with a good technician on the field for another one year, which I just concluded 3mouths ago, now job is now looking for me not me again looking for job, all I now do is a little marketing on my skill and people are now calling me here and there, is hardly a week I don't get a job to do one people's car or to install inverter solar or repair, now am a solar installer, car electrician, I install car tracker, fix car ac, car security, and also some car mechanical fualt, and with this skill I can never be out of job and is now a part of me and Can never leave me till I dia, even do I got a pay job, I will still have a side business I will be doing, so that is it, do it was fustrated when leaning it as a graduate because of those mechanic in the workshop were making jest of me. But today the now call me for some issues because I leant it more than them do to the way I resarch on line on ways to resolve some problems on cars which most of them don't know, so brother try I get a skill it pays

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by Flexy2009(m): 12:50pm On Sep 11, 2018
lawrence35:

I sell, mostly online, I also dropship from AliExpress
please how can I contact you. I have always wanted to do something legit like this. Please how can I contact you. I need to reach you.
Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by showafrica(m): 12:53pm On Sep 11, 2018
Lorenzop:
It is so unfortunate seeing majority of comments advicing OP to start applying for another job....what then happens when he looses the next one he gets because its obvious he will still quit or get sacked after all its not his father's job...thats the reality.....

OP....a little above one year ago I was once in your shoes, Infact the mumu that sacked me told me to my face that I will start all over again, he said several things that will make even a determined soul to shake, then again, my babe left me, my friends stopped calling even when i called they dont pick, I was devastated, i will wake up and cry asking God why friends treat me that way when i know i really was very generous, guess what i said to myself, I am not gonna submit a single CV to anyone because i dont want to go through the era of getting sacked again because there is no guarantee you will keep your job. I dusted my laptop and delved deeply into the world of the internet (not yahoo pls)...there are several legit business you can do online and yet foot your bills very comfortably, i was so happy with myself because i do things my own way and in my own time. I now have time to even learn a new skill and make myself more valuable, mind you it is a skill that will still keep me self employed comfortably. forget govt and private sector....it will ruin you further. It will be hard initially but once you are determined, you will win...above all and most importantly, be prayerful...without God I wont be where I am today...do not give up bro...cheers

Best advise so far... I don't know what people see in looking for job. I have a very good job but sometimes I feel like quitting bc it's not giving me the time to unleash my ideas. Many problems in Nigeria yet no one want to solve them and get paid.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by Ubongdemaga: 12:56pm On Sep 11, 2018
konvict0111:
Hmm! Great news, bro. Seems to me your job is still within your grasps.

If you trust the officer helping you on this, I am guessing you might need to give him some benefit of doubt. You have waited 5 years, so I believe God can sustain you even further. Just keep a regular tab on him and try to be calm. Just be friendly and talk with him about other general issues, keeping your goal in mind of course.

It would seem also that you should not ask for release of part of your funds just yet, as this might trigger administrative inquiry into your case and maybe that's not what you want for now, since you are pushing with someone at the moment.
u making a lot of sense bro. Please lets just chat on whatspp cos there other things which is not palatable to say here. Whatspp 09020606565
Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by Carmal90(m): 1:00pm On Sep 11, 2018
pinkyruledworld:
Hello Carmal, Good morning. pls id like to gt some informations from u concerning VLA.Thanks RSVP

I pmed you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

8 ICT Skills In Nigeria And Their Learning Tools / Enugu State University Sacks 153 Lecturers / An Aviator And A Nairalanda Is Celebrating His Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.