Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,055 members, 7,818,162 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? - Career (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? (29297 Views)

How Do You Cope With 60k Salary In Port Harcourt ? / How Do You Cope When A Colleague Or Senior Is Not Up To Their Job / Guys, Never Look This Way If You Want To Keep Your Job In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Sep 11, 2018
Ubongdemaga:
u making a lot of sense bro. Please lets just chat on whatspp cos there other things which is not palatable to say here. Whatspp 09020606565
Okay, bro. Apologies to everyone for derailing the thread a bit.

I'll add you up for a chat in the evening. Cheers!

1 Like

Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by Kossym(m): 1:14pm On Sep 11, 2018
Let's ask for his acct number naw and help with atleast half of his rent while he look fir the rest...
Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by salt1: 1:24pm On Sep 11, 2018
fabraham:

I am a Pension Fund Administrator and ready to guide you through your 25% lump sum withdrawals.
The requirements are below:
(1)Statement of Account from your bank
(2)Birth cert. /Declaration of age
(3)2passport photo
(4)Disengagement letter
Submit the above to your PFA for processing.
Quote me if you need further clarification.

I learnt it's now 20% not 25%. Is it true?
Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by morisnewrain(m): 1:40pm On Sep 11, 2018
Bet9ja online and using remaining data to apply for job online. I used to get 30k from SURE-P as God planned it before the retrenchment. Telling friends that i'm no longer working and seeking for job. Having new baby that is not sucking at hand. It's God all the way. I needed to bury my pride and ready to seek job from anybody even my perceived enemies because of depression. It's not easy. You would need to increase your prayer and charity. Today I thank God cos after that I've added to me family in many ways. Better days ahead!

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by Samabu07(m): 1:40pm On Sep 11, 2018
Ubongdemaga:
. The fact is the man handling the stuff @ abuja is telling me to exercise patience till next year when d current controller-general will b going cos he is a difficult man to deal wit. He said if a new man comes he can now approach. Am surprise to see that both contribution of my own n prisons still running . The amount i saw some minutes ago is a balance as @ march 2018 amounting to 1:6million.
Still go ahead and apply don't let what the man handling it for you is saying. If you are not satisfied, petitioned them through Brekete Family and you will see speedy resolving of your matter.
Meanwhile, I wish you the best.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by Ubongdemaga: 1:50pm On Sep 11, 2018
konvict0111:
Okay, bro. Apologies to everyone for derailing the thread a bit.

I'll add you up for a chat in the evening. Cheers!
ok bro till then
Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by Seandisputed(m): 2:05pm On Sep 11, 2018
Echelle:
I've been surviving with my skills, go ahead, its nice and know this, start small... even if its not up to 500-a- day.
God bless your efforts bro
We all gonna smile at the end of the day

1 Like

Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by bodee(m): 2:23pm On Sep 11, 2018
PEPSI:
Join the ongoing MFM annual 70 days prayer and fasting..buy the book at mfm church or download the app for N500 from google playstore....just remember to come back here and share your testimony! Congrats in advance!
download app for #500... A church app that's meant to bless people even people who gives tithes, and all manners of offerings.

If I can download all manners of app for free while would a church says I must pay.

Hence, Christianity is very much a business empire.
Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by sammyobi584: 2:58pm On Sep 11, 2018
lawrence35:
I lost my job 1 year ago, at some point in the job I felt I was too intelligent for the job self.

I got to pick myself up few months ago, the job paid 50k monthly, now I keep wondering how I survived with that salary... I make over 4 times that some months without leaving my house.

We all have something to offer, dream big, even if you work today, remember it's not a family business, learn something new, others go to school to get MSc and stuff. Just keep going forward.

which business are U into please
Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 3:00pm On Sep 11, 2018
Omoluabi9:
Oh! I'm great!

The early morning drizzle made my morning (at least for me.)

Hope your night was as good as mine.

It was splendid, thanks. smiley

Have a productive day.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 3:02pm On Sep 11, 2018
Gamesmart:

Well, as long as you live in Nigeria and your life is not at least 80% of what you dream it to be in terms of comfort and security, then Satan is the one running your life.

Your Jesus/God has failed and is a failure, as he has no control in Nigeria. Satan dey drag im useless ass for floor.

Ah. Another atheist who has decided to soil his dirty sin on my white garment. Come Son, you're forgiven. Go and sin no more.
Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 3:03pm On Sep 11, 2018
laivwire:

They are small girls with big God. wink

Wow. I'm not surprised.
Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 3:03pm On Sep 11, 2018
DrTims:
Hmmmmm undecided

kiss
Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 3:06pm On Sep 11, 2018
FRoosevelt:
Ke mmong ke oko fiok mi? or if you like, ake ndiongo ke mmo?

Anyway, I'm doing great, but I crave solace right now.

Lol. You try small.

We had a lengthy discussion once on a thread. Phew. I hate going down memory lane.

So, where do you seek such solace?
Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Sep 11, 2018
UyaiIncomparabl:

Lol. You try small.

We had a lengthy discussion once on a thread. Phew. I hate going down memory lane.

So, where do you seek such solace?
I'd like to say I'm a polyglot in Nigerian languages.

Ohh well, forgive me lady, I can totally remember now.

I gotta let you in on something. Life has fvcked me over recently, I'm in a lot of pain. I'd say I'm having Anhedonia. I'd like you to suggest for me, activities or places I can find reassurance and solace. And if you offer solace, I'd love to know too.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by Gamesmart: 4:41pm On Sep 11, 2018
UyaiIncomparabl:

Ah. Another atheist who has decided to soil his dirty sin on my white garment. Come Son, you're forgiven. Go and sin no more.

It is a good thing it is clear you know I am stating the truth and you really have no avenue to defend your failed God.

All you can really resort to is blind faith and defiance. undecided

Your God does not work, please keep him to yourself.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by boyjo: 5:24pm On Sep 11, 2018
Hm. ONLY Jesus can help you Charlyok.
I know because on this issue you raised, HE has helped me 3 good times. smiley

This situation is supposed to grow you, make you stronger and bring you closer to Jesus your Saviour.
Are you gonna let it?

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 7:09pm On Sep 11, 2018
FRoosevelt:
I'd like to say I'm a polyglot in Nigerian languages.

Ohh well, forgive me lady, I can totally remember now.

I gotta let you in on something. Life has fvcked me over recently, I'm in a lot of pain. I'd say I'm having Anhedonia. I'd like you to suggest for me, activities or places I can find reassurance and solace. And if you offer solace, I'd love to know too.

Anhedonia? That's terrific.
How much pain could've caused this? I really am so sorry to know this.

Well, for someone like you, I'll suggest you go to a 'Stripper's Club'. You could find fun there. Perhaps. And as for me, I'm very mundane, you won't find the solace you desire.
Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 7:12pm On Sep 11, 2018
Gamesmart:

It is a good thing it is clear you know I am stating the truth and you really have no avenue to defend your failed God.

All you can really resort to is blind faith and defiance. undecided

Your God does not work, please keep him to yourself.

I reserve my comment. Continuously dragging words with you really demeans my person. I wouldn't want you to take a chunk off me. I'm really stressed as it is. Can you suggest something therapeutical that can do justice to my fragile bones, son of Lucifer?
Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Sep 11, 2018
Kossym:
Let's ask for his acct number naw and help with atleast half of his rent while he look fir the rest...

I'm sorry, I'm just seeing this.

Thank you very much bro. God bless you and your hustle.

I appreciate
Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Sep 11, 2018
UyaiIncomparabl:

Anhedonia? That's terrific.
How much pain could've caused this? I really am so sorry to know this.

Well, for someone like you, I'll suggest you go to a 'Stripper's Club'. You could find fun there. Perhaps. And as for me, I'm very mundane, you won't find the solace you desire.

I'd like to know what you mean by 'someone like you' and also why you'd suggest a strip club for me, cos you got me really curious.
Also, I'd like for us to have this conversation out of here. I've divulged a lot for public view.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by Echelle(m): 7:21pm On Sep 11, 2018
Seandisputed:
God bless your efforts bro We all gonna smile at the end of the day
Amen boss & thanks alot.
Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Sep 11, 2018
boyjo:
Hm. ONLY Jesus can help you Charlyok.
I know because on this issue you raised, HE has helped 3 good times. smiley

This situation is supposed to grow you, make you stronger and bring you closer to Jesus your Saviour.
Are you gonna let it?

I'm closer to Jesus. As a catholic, I attend mass and I receive the holy communion. I read my Bible and I pray

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by Gamesmart: 7:52pm On Sep 11, 2018
UyaiIncomparabl:

I reserve my comment. Continuously dragging words with you really demeans my person. I wouldn't want you to take a chunk off me. I'm really stressed as it is. Can you suggest something therapeutical that can do justice to my fragile bones, son of Lucifer?

Ward of Satan and Citizen in his Hell Kingdom, forget your Failure God and start using your Oblongata. It would do justice to your progress in life and your pocket.

Stop this stupid "defiant and blind faith in a failure".

The God you follow is only good at failure, ego and vengeance. Not progress, welfare and well-being.

Yeye stupid God!

1 Like

Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 8:03pm On Sep 11, 2018
FRoosevelt:
I'd like to know what you mean by 'someone like you' and also why you'd suggest a strip club for me, cos you got me really curious.
Also, I'd like for us to have this conversation out of here. I've divulged a lot for public view.

I can relate. Sending me a PM wouldn't be tiring, would it? Do so.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 8:05pm On Sep 11, 2018
Gamesmart:

Ward of Satan and Citizen in his Hell Kingdom, forget your Failure God and start using your Oblongata. It would do justice to your progress in life and your pocket.

Stop this stupid "defiant and blind faith in a failure".

The God you follow is only good at failure, ego and vengeance. Not progress, welfare and well-being.

Yeye stupid God!

It's alright Son. Can you do justice to what I requested? Re-read and give me an intelligent reply, and not these pained, regretful comments you've been scribbling on here since morning. You'll receive Salvation in the end.
Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by Gamesmart: 8:15pm On Sep 11, 2018
UyaiIncomparabl:

It's alright Son. Can you do justice to what I requested? Re-read and give me an intelligent reply, and not these pained, regretful comments you've been scribbling on here since morning. You'll receive Salvation in the end.

No, Citizen of Hell, you are the one that need to say something intelligent about why you think your God is reliable enough to be a solution to the problem discussed, hence why you recommended him.

Defend your God ...............intelligently!
Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by seadesi1986: 8:16pm On Sep 11, 2018
um, v being reading al d advice and am like, they r al talking to me, i lost my job in june, and it was like, v bein hidin indoor to avoid bein seen by nebor, but what i stated doin imedietely is to apply fo volunteer jobs, e.g lagos food bank many tins just volunteer n engage urself, nt easy

1 Like

Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by fabraham(m): 8:21pm On Sep 11, 2018
salt1:

I learnt it's now 20% not 25%. Is it true?
It is still 25%
Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 8:23pm On Sep 11, 2018
Gamesmart:

No, Citizen of Hell, you are the one that need to say something intelligent about why you think your God is reliable enough to be a solution to the problem discussed, hence why you recommended him.

Defend your God ...............intelligently!

Mehn. I'm out. You're really a depressed soul. Don't vent your anger on me, please. I'm still a lassie. Be good. I don't involve in arguments, but if I do, you'll deactivate your account.
Re: How Did You Cope When You Lost Your Job? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Sep 11, 2018
UyaiIncomparabl:

I can relate. Sending me a PM wouldn't be tiring, would it? Do so.
I've never actually used that pm stuff before.
You should mail me at jayanny151atyahoo.com or better still use the nairaland pm.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

8 ICT Skills In Nigeria And Their Learning Tools / Enugu State University Sacks 153 Lecturers / An Aviator And A Nairalanda Is Celebrating His Birthday Today

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.