Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,752 members, 7,817,082 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

Why Do Men Think They Get To Have An Opinion On People Wearing Makeup - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Men Think They Get To Have An Opinion On People Wearing Makeup (1158 Views)

Sex: This Is What Men Think About Mostly!!! / How Do Some Men Think? This Is Both Disappointing And Irritating. / The 8 Different Types Of Vaginas And What Men Think Of Each. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Men Think They Get To Have An Opinion On People Wearing Makeup by OneCorner: 1:54am On Sep 11, 2018
So why do so many men feel entitled to share their opinion on the matter? Of course, preferences are preferences and you may just think your partner looks better in her natural state, but a woman or anyone who wants to use their autonomy to decorate their body should be able to so without unsolicited advice.
Because, if you missed it, it’s their body.

The whole thing also raises issues about how people react to women taking up social spaces
But when a woman has the audacity to quickly and quietly pop on some foundation, lipstick, and the like, it becomes a point of contention.

Perhaps most important, men must remember that women are not wearing makeup just for them.
It isn’t because Dave in the club is going to notice glittery eyelids or the way the highlighter perfectly catches the light.
Many women wear it as a confidence boost, enhancing what the Lord gave us like when men feel fleeky after a fresh trim.
She’s not trying to dupe you into having relations with her. Yes, some women feel the need to always wear it in front of their partners but that’s not to trick you, that’s simply so she feels pretty and that you notice and feel lucky to have her.
And society is still in favour of a ‘well-kept female’.

‘Well groomed’ women in the workplace earn significantly more money than those who don’t make much of an effort.
And if you’re a woman who’s normally adorned with cosmetics but decide to take a day off – you’ve probably been told you look tired, or sick (I’ve heard both).
Looking good has become synonymous with effort – makeup is just part of it. Why are women punished for utilising it?

Google

Boss OneCorner abeg move to fp
Re: Why Do Men Think They Get To Have An Opinion On People Wearing Makeup by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:42am On Sep 11, 2018
OneCorner:
Yes, some women feel the need to always wear it in front of their partners but that’s not to trick you, that’s simply so she feels pretty and that you notice and feel lucky to have her.
And society is still in favour of a ‘well-kept female’.

how can you notice someone if they are hidden under make up?! feeling lucky to have someone who hides her true looks under face paint??!?
really?!?!?

[img]https://media1./images/aec16f3020b8aad37169367d045cfbe6/tenor.gif[/img]

[img]https://media1./images/95836553feca19ed6e0331a4956f0f5f/tenor.gif[/img]

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Think They Get To Have An Opinion On People Wearing Makeup by chiommy123(f): 2:56am On Sep 11, 2018
People have different reasons for wearing makeups whatever your reasons are plz don't over do it and go for the ones that fits you that way you dont pay so much attention to what people may say
Re: Why Do Men Think They Get To Have An Opinion On People Wearing Makeup by poyebad: 5:23am On Sep 11, 2018
Too much make up can cover a lady's glory true identify.
It can also make her look like brass, or clay pot sprayed with confetti.

Most importantly, too much make up makes a woman carry too much weight on her face, and if the weight is really so much it makes the lady lean forward while the neck hangs down. And a research has linked this to a certain kind of brain problem manifested in faces like the ones attached.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Think They Get To Have An Opinion On People Wearing Makeup by geolabious(m): 5:30am On Sep 11, 2018
Re: Why Do Men Think They Get To Have An Opinion On People Wearing Makeup by Oluromantic: 6:32am On Sep 11, 2018
What makes you think its not the opinion of men that makes a woman make up? They themselves like men's opinion on d matter and it influences what kinda make up they wear after hearing different opinions from men some in the form of compliments.

Just imagine no man in d world at all, if everybody were females, would there be need to make up? Basically, make up is to appear good before men, self esteems-confidence are secondary reasons..perhaps to appear confident to other women.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Think They Get To Have An Opinion On People Wearing Makeup by QueenSekxy(f): 7:09am On Sep 11, 2018
why do most men hate make up?grin
Re: Why Do Men Think They Get To Have An Opinion On People Wearing Makeup by QueenSekxy(f): 7:12am On Sep 11, 2018
Oluromantic:
What makes you think its not the opinion of men that makes a woman make up? They themselves like men's opinion on d matter and it influences what kinda make up they wear after hearing different opinions from men some in the form of compliments.

Just imagine no man in d world at all, if everybody were females, would there be need to make up? Basically, make up is to appear good before men, self esteems-confidence are secondary reasons..perhaps to appear confident to other women.
this is what you people keep telling yourselves.
infact, 80% of ladies that wear make ups do it for themeselves.
me in particular, I wear make ups because I just want to, not cos of any man.
so, you guys should save us the incessant balderdash.
Re: Why Do Men Think They Get To Have An Opinion On People Wearing Makeup by Saff(f): 7:19am On Sep 11, 2018
QueenSekxy:
why do most men hate make up?grin
Because it requires high maintenance which they don’t like. It attracts other guys to you, which they can’t handle. Have you ever noticed that you get the most male attention when you are glammed up with makeup? Yet guys supposedly “hate” makeup. Shiorr

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Think They Get To Have An Opinion On People Wearing Makeup by QueenSekxy(f): 7:22am On Sep 11, 2018
Saff:
Because it requires high maintenance which they don’t like. It attracts other guys to you, which they can’t handle. Have you ever noticed that you get the most male attention when you are glammed up with makeup? Yet guys supposedly “hate” makeup. Shiorr
Lol, you spoke nothing but the truth.
I think it stems down to insecurity and finances.
@ emboldene, so true!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Think They Get To Have An Opinion On People Wearing Makeup by Saff(f): 7:26am On Sep 11, 2018
QueenSekxy:

Lol, you spoke nothing but the truth.
I think it stems down to insecurity and finances.
@ emboldene, so true!!!
Exactly!! If a guy tells you he doesn’t like makeup he’s either 1) broke or 2) Insecure. As long as your makeup looks good and compliments your face, what is the problem? Ahbeg jare

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Think They Get To Have An Opinion On People Wearing Makeup by QueenSekxy(f): 7:27am On Sep 11, 2018
Saff:
exactly!! If a guy tells you he doesn’t like makeup he’s either 1) broke or 2) Insecure. As long as your makeup looks good and compliments your face, what is the problem? Ahbeg jare
gringringrin

thank you for this jareh!!
Re: Why Do Men Think They Get To Have An Opinion On People Wearing Makeup by Nobody: 7:34am On Sep 11, 2018
Not a fan of heavy make up.

Truth is if you are not careful, you will end up depending on make up to look beautiful. And that isn't good enough, You end up building the so called 'self confidence' on clay.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Think They Get To Have An Opinion On People Wearing Makeup by PUSSYHOE(m): 7:42am On Sep 11, 2018
MariaLavina:
Not a fan of heavy make up.

Truth is if you are not careful, you will end up depending on make up to look beautiful. And that isn't good enough, You end up building the so called 'self confidence' on clay.

Aside under 14 girls I doubt any lady can walk the next street without enhancing her looks with a touch of make-up. I don't like any form of make up even drawing your eyebrows, to me it signifies deception, guess what that's the definition of a lady.
Re: Why Do Men Think They Get To Have An Opinion On People Wearing Makeup by PUSSYHOE(m): 7:47am On Sep 11, 2018
Saff:
Exactly!! If a guy tells you he doesn’t like makeup he’s either 1) broke or 2) Insecure. As long as your makeup looks good and compliments your face, what is the problem? Ahbeg jare
It is fine when you deceive him by applying paint but it is wrong if he does the same when he claims to possess what he doesn't have like riches or sexual prowess.

Ladies' mentality: Only I can lie and can fake things, he isn't suppose to do the same.
Re: Why Do Men Think They Get To Have An Opinion On People Wearing Makeup by Saff(f): 7:54am On Sep 11, 2018
PUSSYHOE:
It is fine when you deceive him by applying paint but it is wrong if he does the same when he claims to possess what he doesn't have like riches or sexual prowess.

Ladies' mentality: Only I can lie and can fake things, he isn't suppose to do the same.
If you want to be a woman, put on a wig and transform yourself into the transgender world. I see no reason why you’re comparing the two that have no correlation whatsoever. It’s makeup, you take it off at the end of the night, you can’t remove ‘brokeness’ at the end of the night. It’s a living condition, you understand? Goodbye.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Think They Get To Have An Opinion On People Wearing Makeup by PUSSYHOE(m): 8:03am On Sep 11, 2018
Saff:
If you want to be a woman, put on a wig and transform yourself into the transgender world. I see no reason why you’re comparing the two that have no correlation whatsoever. It’s makeup, you take it off at the end of the night, you can’t remove ‘brokeness’ at the end of the night. It’s a living comdition, you understand? Goodbye.

Lwkm hahahaha, take it off at the end of the night to sleep and The next day apply a new one till he marries you, even in marriage keep applying to remain attractive for as long as you want.

True you cant remove brokenness at the end of the night, yet it's more temporary than applying makeup and have high tendency to change at any second. Don't forget broke means lacking money, believe me no man lack money forever unless he's dead.
Re: Why Do Men Think They Get To Have An Opinion On People Wearing Makeup by QueenSekxy(f): 8:04am On Sep 11, 2018
Saff:
If you want to be a woman, put on a wig and transform yourself into the transgender world. I see no reason why you’re comparing the two that have no correlation whatsoever. It’s makeup, you take it off at the end of the night, you can’t remove ‘brokeness’ at the end of the night. It’s a living condition, you understand? Goodbye.
rotfl.cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Think They Get To Have An Opinion On People Wearing Makeup by Nobody: 8:05am On Sep 11, 2018
PUSSYHOE:
Aside under 14 girls I doubt any lady can walk the next street without enhancing her looks with a touch of make-up. I don't like any form of make up even drawing your eyebrows, to me it signifies deception, guess what that's the definition of a lady.
That's not true!
Sometimes I go out without make up and I'm above 14. Guess what, there are others like me out there. For example those beautiful Christian sisters grin

Go marry S.U grin
Re: Why Do Men Think They Get To Have An Opinion On People Wearing Makeup by Nobody: 8:06am On Sep 11, 2018
Saff has killed me oooo
grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Men Think They Get To Have An Opinion On People Wearing Makeup by pelicanbeau(f): 9:44am On Sep 11, 2018
Oh, why?
Re: Why Do Men Think They Get To Have An Opinion On People Wearing Makeup by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:13am On Sep 11, 2018
MariaLavina:
That's not true!
Sometimes I go out without make up and I'm above 14. Guess what, there are others like me out there. For example those beautiful Christian sisters grin

Go marry S.U grin

Funny enough, those S.U sisters that you just tried to "mock" are beautiful and most treasured for settling down.

You think make-up makes a woman beautiful? It doesn't! It's only showed artificial outlook and deception!
Re: Why Do Men Think They Get To Have An Opinion On People Wearing Makeup by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:27am On Sep 11, 2018
Saff:
Saff:

I wonder where you people are getting this ideology from.

You that isn't broke you are even depending on a guy to pay for your makeup and you think it's a thing of pride? Is being a leech, a liability to the highest order and a parasite something of virtue?

Anyway, makeup doesn't make a woman beautiful, it only gives the wearers a false "sense" of beauty for the moment but in reality it adds nothing to her looks. Unfortunately, the media, movies, music videos and some other stuffs have painted to brainwash ladies that men love make-up or it makes ladies attractive.

Makeup is like a short girl wearing high heel shoes to appear tall, but it doesn't make her tall neither does it make her not being short though she'll have the false sense of being tall at the moment. So a guy who find tall girls attractive will not settle for a girl with high heels show because she looks tall on it except he changes his preferences.

BTW I don't know what you mean by insecurity but I'll tell you something about guys;

Guys approach girl for 2 reasons,

1. To enjoy short term benefits and quit

2. To cultivate long term relationship that leads to marriage.

So if guys approach you when you are at your best "heavy makeup", it doesn't mean he finds you so angelic (despite his sweet words), it could be a pointer to reason number 1.

God Bless

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Think They Get To Have An Opinion On People Wearing Makeup by Nobody: 10:54am On Sep 11, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
[/b]
Funny enough, those S.U sisters that you just tried to "mock" are beautiful and most treasured for settling down.

You think make-up makes a woman beautiful? It doesn't! It's only showed artificial outlook and deception!
Oga Tonye, S.U are Christian sisters too nah.

The grinning emoji is what puts you off. Please sir endeavor to allow logic rule over emotions, because I actually agreed to them being beautiful. smiley
Re: Why Do Men Think They Get To Have An Opinion On People Wearing Makeup by 93Miles: 11:37am On Sep 11, 2018
QueenSekxy:
Nice lie
Another great lie so, you guys should save us the incessant balderdash.
You must be Lai Mohammed's daughter..
Re: Why Do Men Think They Get To Have An Opinion On People Wearing Makeup by 93Miles: 11:37am On Sep 11, 2018
QueenSekxy:

Nice lie

Another great lie

You must be Lai Mohammed's daughter..
Re: Why Do Men Think They Get To Have An Opinion On People Wearing Makeup by Saff(f): 11:43am On Sep 11, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

I wonder where you people are getting this ideology from.

You that isn't broke you are even depending on a guy to pay for your makeup and you think it's a thing of pride? Is being a leech, a liability to the highest order and a parasite something of virtue?

Anyway, makeup doesn't make a woman beautiful, it only gives the wearers a false "sense" of beauty for the moment but in reality it adds nothing to her looks. Unfortunately, the media, movies, music videos and some other stuffs have painted to brainwash ladies that men love make-up or it makes ladies attractive.

Makeup is like a short girl wearing high heel shoes to appear tall, but it doesn't make her tall neither does it make her not being short though she'll have the false sense of being tall at the moment. So a guy who find tall girls attractive will not settle for a girl with high heels show because she looks tall on it except he changes his preferences.

BTW I don't know what you mean by insecurity but I'll tell you something about guys;

Guys approach girl for 2 reasons,

1. To enjoy short term benefits and quit

2. To cultivate long term relationship that leads to marriage.

So if guys approach you when you are at your best "heavy makeup", it doesn't mean he finds you so angelic (despite his sweet words), it could be a pointer to reason number 1.

God Bless
All this talk on top of makeup that can be removed in one wipe. It’s not that deep please go and sit down.
Re: Why Do Men Think They Get To Have An Opinion On People Wearing Makeup by samysmoothfresh: 1:43pm On Sep 11, 2018
Saff:
All this talk on top of makeup that can be removed in one wipe. It’s not that deep please go and sit down.

Re: Why Do Men Think They Get To Have An Opinion On People Wearing Makeup by TheCongo2: 2:35pm On Sep 11, 2018
QueenSekxy:

I love make ups

(1) (Reply)

34 Years Old Woman Confess ‘I Masturbate With A New intimacy gadget Every Day’ / ... / Ladies Share Photos Of Themselves Clad In Sexy Lingerie To Celebrate Valentine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.