Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. (10470 Views)

Atheism In Countries 2022, Including Nigeria / Anti-atheism In Nigeria / 22 Year Study States Atheism In A Mental Disease? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by Martinez19(m): 4:30pm On Sep 13, 2018
HardMirror:
i love george carlin downloaded ALL his videos i can find online. He is a straightforward no tongue in cheek bastard! Love him!
The clarity of his speech is amazing. I don't think I have seen him struggle to express himself.
Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by HardMirror(m): 4:35pm On Sep 13, 2018
Martinez19:
September 2016 skeptical renaissance. cheesy

I started doubting, doubting and reality was dawning on me little by little. cheesy
one only needs common sense to know that god theory is a fraud.
Loved how you corrected that dude thanking god that he is alive. Guess he tot only christians are alive. Lol! Heck,... muslims, atheists, hindus, sango worshippers,... everyone is alive or dead. Has nothing to do with god. Lol. This is just common sense!

Also the fact that you realised god does not answer prayers. This is exactly why i started doubting god. Instead of answering prayers, there is always an excuse. Always! Only normal things that can happen to any person are the supposed prayers god answers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by HardMirror(m): 4:37pm On Sep 13, 2018
Martinez19:
The clarity of his speech is amazing. I don't think I have seen him struggle to express himself.
because he is honest to himself. He calls america and americans exactly what they are... he does not mix words. Does not try to put emotions in what he says. Honesty at it's peak. What a man. Miss that man.
Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by HardMirror(m): 4:42pm On Sep 13, 2018
PRESENTATION:
I always knew I was going to reject popular belief, as a kid I would say “when I get to heaven I’d ask god who created him”
lol! I missed this post. Exactly what i was saying. Every kid has had this thoughts, but somehow we quench this fire for truth. We choose norm over truth

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by Evangkatsoulis: 4:47pm On Sep 13, 2018
Uchenaija:

Who is talking about religion here? Put religion away and let's talk like laymen.

It's all common sense. Nothing comes out of nothing. Give honour to whom it is due.
What's is your (Scientific) definition of common sense?
Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by Martinez19(m): 5:11pm On Sep 13, 2018
To know how stupid I can be and for those of you who doubt I was a christian, read all my christian arguments in this thread and see how I tried to defend christianity. It's like my ultimate Martinez19 cringe compilation.

https://www.nairaland.com/3100949/one-big-misconception-theists-atheists#45558446

I made unbelievable, stupid and regrettable arguments. embarassed Please try not to cringe or laugh. That's as stupid as the christian me can get.

EDIT: hopefulLandlord, HardMirror, Tozara, 1Sharon, hahn, 0temSapien, segunojo886,, Johnydon22, frank317

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by frank317: 5:17pm On Sep 13, 2018
Uchenaija:

Was Jesus not a supreme being? Did he not reveal his father to us & still people doubted him, worst yet killed him.
How is Jesus a supreme being? What's makes the story of a nice guy u read in the bible the story of a supreme being?
If Jesus was a supreme being why are people doubting it? Why are Muslims doubting it? If u believe every religious story why don't u believe Mohammed was the messenger of God

Even if God came today a lot of people would still doubt his existence
And what does that make ur God? A God that cannot convince the people he created that he is God is that one a God?

God lived with humans at the beginning. Sin distanced us from him.
According to ur Jewish folk talk... Continue

If angels spoke to you I'm sure you'd still not like it cos their fiery nature would consume (intimidate) you.

Seriously? Have angels spoken to u before?

2 Likes

Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by HardMirror(m): 5:21pm On Sep 13, 2018
frank317:

How is Jesus a supreme being? What's makes the story of a nice guy u read in the bible the story of a supreme being?
Is Jesus was a supreme being why are people doubting it? Why are Muslims doubting it? If u believe every religious story why don't u believe Mohammed was the messenger of God

And what does that make ur God? A God that cannot convince the people he creates that he is God is that one a God?

According to ur Jewish folk talk... Continue

Seriously? Have angels spoken before?
lol! This your comment made me laugh my azz out. Indeed ' a god that cant convince his creation of his existence, is that one a god?'

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by Martinez19(m): 5:49pm On Sep 13, 2018
HardMirror:
lol! This your comment made me laugh my azz out. Indeed ' a god that cant convince his creation of his existence, is that one a god?'
True na. Any god can't even convince people that he is god is a joke?
Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by CAPSLOCKED: 6:24pm On Sep 13, 2018
Martinez19:
Christianity makes one talk like an idiot.

IF YOU LISTEN TO AN IDIOT AND A CHRISTIAN TALK YOU'LL PREFER THE FORMER.
Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by Martinez19(m): 6:29pm On Sep 13, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

HAHAHA.. STORY OF YOUR LIFE. FROM MAKING THE ABOVE POST IN 2016 TO LEADING A GANG OF SATANISTS IN 2018. YOU ALSO STOOD ON "THE TRUTH" LIKE THESE CLOWNS. I'M GLAD YOU'RE AWAKE TODAY. CHEERS.
Just keep on reading that thread and you will see many idiotic posts of mine. You won't believe that I was that retarded. I was a fool and sheeple for Christ. grin
Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by frank317: 6:34pm On Sep 13, 2018
Hi Martinez, which church did u attend when u were a Christian?
Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by bloodofthelamb(m): 6:57pm On Sep 13, 2018
Martinez you were never a Christian. It is a pity that the word christian and born again have been commonised.

We have so many of your type today in the church. You only heard about God(Christ Jesus) but never knew him. God exist, by faith and humbleness of the heart you will be able to know Him, if you are interested.

Stop deceiving yourself!

NB: Mind you, you can argue and win for God but yet don't know him.
Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by Martinez19(m): 7:52pm On Sep 13, 2018
frank317:
Hi Martinez, which church did u attend when u were a Christian?
I was born and made a Catholic. For the first eight years of my life, I went to St. Dominic Catholic Church in Lagos. Then I switched to pentecostal when my mum shifted to the pentecostal.

The pentecostal churches I have attended include MFM(for a long while about 3.5years), Deeper Life(very brief), RCCG and few unknown ones like BBF(bible believers ministry(the William Marion Braham fledgling grin)) and the likes.

New generational churches like Christ embassy(BLW): the opium intoxicated-like fanatical, sexually immoral and sexually indecent church; Harvesters(I enjoyed my experience there). Harvesters was the last new generational church I went to as a christian.
Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by Martinez19(m): 7:53pm On Sep 13, 2018
bloodofthelamb:
Martinez you were never a Christian. It is a pity that the word christian and born again have been commonised.

We have so many of your type today in the church. You only heard about God(Christ Jesus) but never knew him. God exist, by faith and humbleness of the heart you will be able to know Him, if you are interested.

Stop deceiving yourself!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by HardMirror(m): 7:56pm On Sep 13, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

Stop deceiving yourself!

*singing*
'they have come again
They have come again
Father they have come again
Holy ghost come and take control'
Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by Martinez19(m): 7:59pm On Sep 13, 2018
HardMirror:
*singing*
'they have come again
They have come again
Father they have come again
Holy ghost come and take control'

grin. Their usual "you were never really a christian".
Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by bloodofthelamb(m): 8:03pm On Sep 13, 2018
Martinez19:

You were just like the Samaritan's in Jesus' day who were worshipping what they know not (John 4:22).
Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by HardMirror(m): 8:04pm On Sep 13, 2018
Martinez19:
grin. Their usual "you were never really a christian".
bro. It's their way o.
Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by HardMirror(m): 8:06pm On Sep 13, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

You were just like the Samaritan's in Jesus' day who were worshipping what they know not (John 4:22).
the all knowing ones have landed. grin
Tell us more.
Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by frank317: 8:06pm On Sep 13, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

Stop deceiving yourself!

frank317:
Wow... Didn't even know u were a christian in this forum.
But u were not a true Christian, no true Christian will be touch by God and become atheist. Opps I had to say it before theists start talking their nonsense. How I wished they were able to say it when u were defending Yahweh.

Continue jare.

I said it
Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by Martinez19(m): 8:11pm On Sep 13, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

You must have had CCTV devices monitoring me 24/7 or better still you must be a mind reader. Can't your Holy spirit tell confirm to you that I was a christian?

Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by bloodofthelamb(m): 8:17pm On Sep 13, 2018
HardMirror:
the all knowing ones have landed. grin Tell us more.
Thanks for the compliment. We preach what we have seen and experience.
Not hear say. Christ Jesus is the way!
Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by JeromeBlack: 8:18pm On Sep 13, 2018
Martinez19,

You might not know this but Kingebukasblog was really important to the religion section. The guy made many christians to see how hollow religious arguments could be.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by bloodofthelamb(m): 8:35pm On Sep 13, 2018
Martinez19:
You must have had CCTV devices monitoring me 24/7 or better still you must be a mind reader. Can't your Holy spirit tell confirm to you that I was a christian?

1John2:19_ They went out from us; for if they had been of us(Christian), they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out,that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

This is your answer.
Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by Martinez19(m): 8:53pm On Sep 13, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

1John2:19_ They went out from us; for if they had been of us(Christian), they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out,that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

This is your answer.
If a fiction tale by the moonlight is your reason for concluding, with certainty, that I was never a christian then I am sorry for you. If you claim with certainty that, from your bible, you know something about me that only a mind reader would know then..

1 Like

Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by Martinez19(m): 8:57pm On Sep 13, 2018
JeromeBlack:
Martinez19,

You might not know this but Kingebukasblog was really important to the religion section. The guy made many christians to see how hollow religious arguments could be.
I agree with you. Princess Ebuka was the Nigerian William Craig.
Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by bloodofthelamb(m): 9:05pm On Sep 13, 2018
Martinez19:
If a fiction tale by the moonlight is your reason for concluding, with certainty, that I was never a christian then I am sorry for you. If you claim with certainty that, from your bible, you know something about me that only a mind reader would know then..

This same fiction(as you call it) is still transforming life. The Author behind this fiction is still changing and making life new.

Continue... You never knew the God you argued for back then. You just repeated the information you heard about Him, which you have not experience.
Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by Martinez19(m): 9:13pm On Sep 13, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

This same fiction(as you call it) is still transforming life. The Author behind this fiction is still changing and making life new.

Continue... You never knew the God you argued for back then. You just repeated the information you heard about Him, which you have not experience.

1) @bold
2) @red, must I repeat myself?

Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by bloodofthelamb(m): 9:36pm On Sep 13, 2018
Martinez19:

1) @bold 2) @red, must I repeat myself?
May I even ask you a question?. What made you a Christian back then?
Re: My Nairaland Journey From Christianity To Atheism In Pictures. by Martinez19(m): 9:39pm On Sep 13, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

May I even ask you a question?. What made you a Christian back then?
grin grin grin grin grin I was born in a christian home.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

To: Noetic,huxley,daviddylan,abuzola And Co / How Do You Feel The Presence Of God? / Penam Percy Paul Glory Song Series: Which One Is Your Favourite Album And Track.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.