Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,384 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:34 AM

Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? (11719 Views)

New Changes For Jehovah's Witness: Women Can Wear Trousers, Men Must Not Wear.. / A Question For Jehovah Witnesses. / Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by budaatum: 9:42am On Sep 15, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

You can only witness about Jesus whom mankind has seen.
Seriously? Jesus is the new Jehovah?

I kind of feel Jesus did not elevate himself above Jehovah and ask to be worshipped instead, as you're claiming, or they might have crucified him!

1 Like

Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Emusan(m): 10:53am On Sep 15, 2018
TATIME:
(1) The group name "Christians was adopted after the death of some followers of Jesus the same way the group name "Jehovah's witnesses" was adopted after the death of some 17th century Bible's students like brother Russell.(2) When Questions arises for reason of our faith, we try to defend it but not to go into bitter arguments. 1Timothy 6:4,Philippians 2:14,Titus 3:9 (3)Christians see good in everyone that's why we knock doors indiscriminately but WE CAN NOT SEE ANYTHING GOOD IN INTERFAITH because Jesus is one so all Christians must speak in agreement regarding SACRED SERVICES,when there is contradictions Satan is "master brain" behind it. 1Corinthians 1:10,Ephesians 4:5 (4)That's exactly what i've been trying to tell you from the onset, because after His baptism Jesus never search for Pharisees to argue or question their beliefs, on the contrary it was Pharisees, Sadusees, Scribes and other teachers of the law that kept trailing Jesus and His followers to "question their faith". Please if you're truly one of their kind i think your main focus should be the preaching and teaching work (within your neighborhood) that He commissioned and not (posting questions on social media inviting those with data for the sake of argument ) wink wink wink

The problem you have is inability to comprehend the subject matter, this is not an insult.

From the OP the bone of contention is the claim that your organization made....which means even before Christ was born the "Jehovah witness" has been found associated with people which I demand a proof for from the scripture but only for you to be going up and down.

This leads you to even degraded the name CHRISTIAN which even people like Apostle Paul called.

This also leads you to deny the early martyrs of Christ who even laid their own life for the propagation of the word of God and called them a deceiver in Africa.

And many more which I don't want to talk about

Now look at your recent deceitful defend, in other to justify that Russell work can still be justified when fact emerged that Russell mission is to continue to Herad for Christ...you brought another useless excuse of some people died before the name CHRISTIAN was adopted...

My points are:
1. If the name of Jehovah's witness has been around over 2,700 years ago, doesn't this include Russell? Yet you're trying hard to justify that Russell died as a Christian before the name Jehovah's witness was adopted.

2. It's evident even from your responses so far that Bible only recognized the name CHRISTIAN as it solely for those who witnessed for Jesus. That's why even your publications always address the early saint as EARLY CHRISTIANS. Which was captured from the OP.

3. With these evident so far, the question title is this: why the name "Jehovah witness? "

4. from your opening comment you start off by claiming the name is justified even as Jesus himself is a Jehovah witness...but your comments that come later show how confused your are, as you're trying every possible best to defend your organization.

5. Lastly, for you to continue to committ further blunder I'll advice you go back to the opening page, read diligently, your comments and my corresponding response.

God's Kingdom message isn't for those who won't welcome it because Christians are not to look for means to argue! God bless you.

So you're now a CHRISTIAN? I thought you said Jesus has instructed you not to associate with that name...

Thank God I still have time your post about this and you can't modify it.

NOTE: I know you will still go off point in replying my post.
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by proudkafir: 11:11am On Sep 15, 2018
Emusan:

Yet you couldn't hid your face in shame...
making mockery of yourself thinking playing with salvation is the best.

You lied about Colonialism and missionaries who have brought great light to Africa without a single mission than to spread the good news about salvation.

You lied against the early Christians....

You lied just to justify your organization while diminishing the word of God.

You want to be called a Jehovah witness which Bible didn't recognize but discard (not only discard but also degraded) THE ONLY NAME Bible recognized Christianity.

In Acts 26:28 King Agrippa asked Apostle Paul, "...“In a short time you would persuade me to become a Christian.” At this Paul said: “I wish to God that whether in a short time or in a long time, not only you but also all those who hear me today would become men such as I am,..."

Here Apostle Paul didn't deny being a Christian infact he wished King Agrippa and his men be one just as he is a Christian.

But you can open your mouth to say you should be addressed as Jehovah witness

If you're truthful to yourself, do a research on how your organization ADOPTED the name JW.

You even lied against Jesus being the one who instructed you to ADOPT a name (which your organization had already claimed to be in existence before Jesus era).
Thank you Emusan. It is very clear that the JW are shamelessly arrogant and deliberately ignorant. I wonder why almost all JW members don't have independent reasoning faculty; the GB in Brooklyn NY, US, determine how they think and what they believe. They brainwashing is so strong!

1 Like

Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by OneJ: 11:18am On Sep 15, 2018
Emusan:

The problem you have is inability to comprehend the subject matter, this is not an insult.

From the OP the bone of contention is the claim that your organization made....which means even before Christ was born the "Jehovah witness" has been found associated with people which I demand a proof for from the scripture but only for you to be going up and down.

This leads you to even degraded the name CHRISTIAN which even people like Apostle Paul called.

This also leads you to deny the early martyrs of Christ who even laid their own life for the propagation of the word of God and called them a deceiver in Africa.

Now look at your recent deceitful defend, in other to justify that Russell work can still be justified when fact emerged that Russell mission is to continue to Herad for Christ...you brought another useless excuse of some people died before the name CHRISTIAN was adopted...

My points are:
1. If the name of Jehovah's witness has been around over 2,700 years ago, doesn't this include Russell? Yet you're trying hard to justify that Russell died as a Christian before the name Jehovah's witness was adopted.

2. It's evident even from your responses so far that Bible only recognized the name CHRISTIAN as it solely for those who witnessed for Jesus. That's why even your publications always address the early saint as EARLY CHRISTIANS. Which was captured from the OP.

3. With these evident so far, the question title is this: why the name "Jehovah witness? "

4. from your opening comment you start off by claiming the name is justified even as Jesus himself is a Jehovah witness...but your comments that come later show how confused your are, as you're trying every possible best to defend your organization.

5. Lastly, for you to continue to committ further blunder I'll advice you go back to the opening page, read diligently, your comments and my corresponding response.

The issue is your obstinate heart.
Jesus said " my food is to do the will of Him that sent me & to finish his work" John 4:34.

Emusan, U quoted Luke 24:46-48. But what work did Jesus do?
Jesus was "proclaiming the good news of GOD.... The kingdom of God is near. Repent & believe the good news" Mark 1:14,15.
Luke 8:1.
Did he witness for Jehovah? Yes. Is he a JW? Yes.

What is the command for Jesus followers?
Matt 24:14 "This gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the whole world as a testimony (witness) to all nations & then the end will come".

If U heed the command to preach the gospel, U have witnessed for Jehovah.

Jesus said. " I have revealed you to those whom you gave me out of the world. They were yours, you gave them to me& they have obeyed your word" John 17: 3-7.
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by alBHAGDADI: 11:28am On Sep 15, 2018
TATIME:
Instead of worrying yourself about the name of a religious group, why not look for those zealously and courageously doing the WORK Jesus commissioned? Because James the blood brother of Jesus actually said "FAITH without the WORKS is DEAD!" James 2:26
Did Jesus tell anyone to go about telling the world that He is an angel, He was created and that He never resurrected bodily?

1 Like

Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by alBHAGDADI: 11:43am On Sep 15, 2018
TATIME:
But you have remained in the teachings of the Apostles only that there is no trace of the WORKS they did back then in your religious settings. Welldone the good and PROFITABLE servant of the Lord. cheesy cheesy cheesy
There are lots of traces of the works done by the apostles in today's Christianity. Examples are soul-winning, miracles, healing, love and kindness.

None of these exists in your JW fold. Love and kindness is only experienced in your kingdom hall. As soon as you all depart, it vanishes, which makes it fake.

And don't tell me the preaching that Jesus was created, was an angel and never resurrected bodily, which you guys go door to door spreading, is actually one of the works done by the disciples.
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Emusan(m): 11:58am On Sep 15, 2018
Go back and reply to your early comment where Faith and obedient to Jehovah righteous standard didn't allow the old people to called themselves JWs.

OneJ:
Jesus said " my food is to do the will of Him that sent me & to finish his work" John 4:34.

Did Jesus finish the work or not as he said in this verse?

U quoted Luke 24:46-48. But what work did Jesus do?
Jesus was "proclaiming the good news of GOD.... The kingdom of God is near. Repent & believe the good news" Mark 1:14,15.
Luke 8:1

Yet you have to quote mark to corroborate Luke. funny you, jumping from scripture to scriptures.

So was Luke 24:46-48 lying when he said "repentance and forgiveness of sins should be preached in HIS name... YOU ARE WITNESSES OF THESE THINGS"

Matt 24:14 "This gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the whole world as a testimony (witness) to all nations & then the end will come".

You said so, not the scripture. Show me where the Bible says "if you heed the command to preach the gospel. U have witnessed for Jehovah" and I'll show you more verses that said WITNESSES OF JESUS.

The early saint were called Christian that's why even your publications always address them as EARLY CHRISTIANS and not EARLY JEHOVAH WITNESS.

So who is lying, your GB or you?

Jesus said. " I have revealed you to those whom you gave me out of the world. They were yours, you gave them to me& they have obeyed your word" John 17: 3-7.

You still don't get it, do you?
Why the name "Jehovah's witness"? is the title of this thread.

Your organization made a claim, which you're trying very hard to defend. That's why you said the reason why the old saints couldn't ADOPT the name JW is because of their FAITH and OBEDIENCE to Jehovah righteous standard.

And I asked you does this mean your organization lack FAITH AND OBEDIENCE to Jehovah righteous standard that's why they keep going about shouting I'm a JWs?
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by alBHAGDADI: 12:03pm On Sep 15, 2018
OneJ:

Emusan, U quoted Luke 24:46-48. But what work did Jesus do?
Luke 8:1.

Jesus did the work God gave to Him. After he was done doing the work, He said "it is finished". Now, which God's work are you going about doing? When did you see God that He gave you the work?

Jesus has finished God's work. It is Jesus' work that we Christians are now doing. That's why we are called Christians.

But you stubborn goats called JW say you want to do God's work. This has rendered you no different from the jews and Pharisees.
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Nobody: 12:55pm On Sep 15, 2018
Emusan:

My points are:

So you're now a CHRISTIAN? I thought you said Jesus has instructed you not to associate with that name...

Thank God I still have time your post about this and you can't modify it.

Arguments! Arguments!! Arguments!!! 1Timothy 6:4,Philippians 2:14,Titus 3:9 Please your humility and obedience to the simple and clear instructions from the forerunners of Christianity has proven that you're truly one of their kind. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Nobody: 1:05pm On Sep 15, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
There are lots of traces of the works done by the apostles in today's Christianity. Examples are soul-winning, miracles, healing, love and kindness.

None of these exists in your JW fold. Love and kindness is only experienced in your kingdom hall. As soon as you all depart, it vanishes, which makes it fake.

And don't tell me the preaching that Jesus was created, was an angel and never resurrected bodily, which you guys go door to door spreading, is actually one of the works done by the disciples.
Great! So pick up your Bible and go for the preaching and teaching work in other to DESTROY the WORKS of the DEVIL. If i'm getting you right, JWs are working for the devil while you're working for Jesus, but the irony of the matter is that it's the workers of the devil that are going about zealously, courageously and fearlessly knocking on people's doors indiscriminately (spreading falsehood) while you the workers of the Lord (who knows the truth) are hiding your faces behind social media. grin grin grin
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by alBHAGDADI: 1:18pm On Sep 15, 2018
TATIME:
Great! So pick up your Bible and go for the preaching and teaching work in other to DESTROY the WORKS of the DEVIL. If i'm getting you right, JWs are working for the devil while you're working for Jesus, but the irony of the matter is that it's the workers of the devil that are going about zealously, courageously and fearlessly knocking on people's doors indiscriminately (spreading falsehood) while you the workers of the Lord (who knows the truth) are hiding your faces behind social media. grin grin grin

I asked you earlier to tell me if the doors of the people you guys are zealously knocking on are Christians, you failed to answer. If they are Christians, then what's the need knocking on their door, if not to preach another gospel which apostle Paul warned against?

If they are Christians, then how did they become Christians?

Was it the Jehovah's witnesses that made them Christians? If yes, then why are they still knocking on their door?
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Sep 15, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
Jesus did the work God gave to Him. After he was done doing the work, He said "it is finished". Now, which God's work are you going about doing? When did you see God that He gave you the work?

Jesus has finished God's work. It is Jesus' work that we Christians are now doing. That's why we are called Christians.

But you stubborn goats called JW say you want to do God's work. This has rendered you no different from the jews and Pharisees.
Gamaliel was a high ranking Pharisee,he was the teacher of Apostle Paul before Paul became a Christian. He said and i quote "let this group continue with their beliefs, if it's built on falsehood they will soon tire out" Act 5:34-39,22:3 In other words this man was advising his colleagues to allow for freedom of religion,speech and expression among the Jews. Please what are you agitating for today? Are you saying others shouldn't practice what they believe? Or you're harmlessly going about with your preaching? Remember Christians are the most tolerable religious group in the first century, i wonder how today's so called Christians like you guys have developed such high level of intolerance. No wonder our GB said we shouldn't discuss with people like you because you only love the group name "Christians" but aren't ready to bear the reasoning of the first century followers of Christ when it comes to dealing with the public undecided undecided undecided
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Sep 15, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

I asked you earlier to tell me if the doors of the people you guys are zealously knocking on are Christians, you failed to answer. If they are Christians, then what's the need knocking on their door, if not to preach another gospel which apostle Paul warned against?

If they are Christians, then how did they become Christians?

Was it the Jehovah's witnesses that made them Christians? If yes, then why are they still knocking on their door?
True Christians don't disturb others from practicing what they believe. They only speak for themselves and not for others, whereas it's the Pharisees that always disturb people from listening to Christ. Please if you're truly one of their kind (Christians) you should defend your own faith just like the first century Christians and leave others to defend their faith. You're not to speak for them! embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Emusan(m): 1:35pm On Sep 15, 2018
TATIME:
True Christians don't disturb others from practicing what they believe. They only speak for themselves and not for others, whereas it's the Pharisees that always disturb people from listening to Christ. Please if you're truly one of their kind (Christians) you should defend your own faith just like the first century Christians and leave others to defend their faith. You're not to speak for them! embarassed embarassed embarassed

So are you still a TRUE CHRISTIAN after Jesus has instructed you to do away with the name?
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Sep 15, 2018
Emusan:

So are you still a TRUE CHRISTIAN after Jesus has instructed you to do away with the name?
NO! NO!! NO!!! I'm not a Christian! But just one of Jehovah's witnesses trying to remind a Christian what Christ and the forerunners of Christianity taught the coming generation of Christians from the Bible on how to deal with others. I told you that the WORKS will justify whose faith is DEAD and whose faith is LIVING. Please do i call myself a Christian? Or are you seeing any sign of Christlike qualities in my comments? Sorry i'm still my humble self as one of Jehovah's witnesses. wink wink wink
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by alBHAGDADI: 1:51pm On Sep 15, 2018
TATIME:
Gamaliel was a high ranking Pharisee,he was the teacher of Apostle Paul before Paul became a Christian. He said and i quote "let this group continue with their beliefs, if it's built on falsehood they will soon tire out" Act 5:34-39,22:3 In other words this man was advising his colleagues to allow for freedom of religion,speech and expression among the Jews. Please what are you agitating for today? Are you saying others shouldn't practice what they believe? Or you're harmlessly going about with your preaching? Remember Christians are the most tolerable religious group in the first century, i wonder how today's so called Christians like you guys have developed such high level of intolerance. No wonder our GB said we shouldn't discuss with people like you because you only love the group name "Christians" but aren't ready to bear the reasoning of the first century followers of Christ when it comes to dealing with the public undecided undecided undecided

Where did I or any other Christian stopped you guys from practicing the falsehood you believe in?

Your publications are there as evidence that it the Jehovah's witnesses that are always attacking Christendom. Your watchtower and awake magazines hardly go without attacking Christendom. Yet you are here playing the victim.

BTW, you didn't answer all the questions I asked you in the post you quoted. I will believe it is because you can't answer them because they expose your JW falsehood.
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by alBHAGDADI: 1:54pm On Sep 15, 2018
TATIME:
NO! NO!! NO!!! I'm not a Christian! But just one of Jehovah's witnesses trying to remind a Christian what Christ and the forerunners of Christianity taught the coming generation of Christians from the Bible on how to deal with others. I told you that the WORKS will justify whose faith is DEAD and whose faith is LIVING. Please do i call myself a Christian? Or are you seeing any sign of Christlike qualities in my comments? Sorry i'm still my humble self as one of Jehovah's witnesses. wink wink wink
Rather, you are trying to make us go astray from what the early Christians taught.

You are trying to make us stop calling ourselves Christians, a name which the early followers of Jesus called themselves.
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Emusan(m): 2:12pm On Sep 15, 2018
TATIME:

The Bible says Satan is the father of all lies...

Now look at the color part then compare it with this your previous post:

TATIME: We're the true Christians that's why our preaching and teaching is exactly the same pattern like that of the first century followers who were called "Christians" because they were preaching and teaching NOT FORCEFULLY from house to house just the same way CHRIST did! Act 20:20

With this evidence people can see how far you can lie just to continue to propagate your false doctrine.
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Nobody: 2:16pm On Sep 15, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
Rather, you are trying to make us go astray from what the early Christians taught.

You are trying to make us stop calling ourselves Christians, a name which the early followers of Jesus called themselves.
Haaaaaaaaa what a pity Please Jehovah's witnesses aren't saying you should stop calling yourselves Christians! Rather it's Emusan who asked US why we're bearing another group name. Please we're not trying to stop you from bearing any religious name of your choice. And don't tell me that you're shakened or feeling intimidated because of a group who are harmlessly going about practicing what they believe. embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by alBHAGDADI: 2:22pm On Sep 15, 2018
TATIME:
Haaaaaaaaa what a pity Please Jehovah's witnesses aren't saying you should stop calling yourselves Christians! Rather it's Emusan who asked US why we're bearing another group name. Please we're not trying to stop you from bearing any religious name of your choice. And don't tell me that you're shakened or feeling intimidated because of a group who are harmlessly going about practicing what they believe. embarassed embarassed embarassed
What is the essence of you people preaching? Is it not to turn people into JW?

Once they become JW, they would rather be called that than to be called Christians.

Has a JW ever intimidated anyone before? Not even Satan grin
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Nobody: 2:36pm On Sep 15, 2018
Emusan:

The Bible says Satan is the father of all lies...
Now look at the color part then compare it with this your previous post:
With this evidence people can see how far you can lie just to continue to propagate your false doctrine.
Eeyaaa! So you're following whatever i call myself Sorry oooooooo our leader has taught US never to declare who we're or what we stand for, He taught US that sincere and honesthearted persons will discern who we're from what we prove to be. Matthew 16:20 I may choose to call myself anything but only when it's right that i'll declare who and what i stand for. Matthew 26:63,64 So you can call me a devil or whatever that's pleasing in your sight(Matthew 10:25,26) but honesthearted persons will discern from the way i'm directing them to the instructions from my Master,Lord and King.

1 Like

Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Sep 15, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
Once they become JW, they would rather be called that than to be called Christians.
Freedom of expression, freedom of speech and freedom of religion. Only Satan always feel intimidated because of these three things,so if you're not intimidated please let people choose the religion of their choice, just make your presentation and leave the rest to God. Matthew 13:3-9 compare to 1Corinthians 3:6 You can't force your ideas on others neither can you decide for them! If you're behaving like this,what makes you different from those killing others for religious reasons? Most of them won't accept a new faith and they'll kill those bringing it along with those who accepts it! True Christians are the most tolerable religious group during the first century so if you're one of their kind, you should defend your own faith and allow others do the same. Not you going out to defend it for them because that's tantamount to intolerance! undecided undecided undecided
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Sep 15, 2018
TATIME:
Eeyaaa! So you're following whatever i call myself Sorry oooooooo our leader has taught US never to declare who we're or what we stand for, He taught US that sincere and honesthearted persons will discern who we're from what we prove to be. Matthew 16:20 I may choose to call myself anything but only when it's right that i'll declare who and what i stand for. Matthew 26:63,64 So you can call me a devil or whatever that's pleasing in your sight(Matthew 10:25,26) but honesthearted persons will discern from the way i'm directing them to the instructions from my Master,Lord and King.
TATIME or whatever you call yourself, you're a silent killer just like Jesus of Nazareth who was tormenting the intolerable Pharisees every day! Is this how awful JWs are in answering questions with references from Jesus words? Because with all this your posts, you're already turning me into a JW! Act 26:28 I'm considering becoming as good as you're, please i'm one of your fans. How can i get a good teacher? can i also become a motivational defender of the faith one day? Please answer me!

1 Like

Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Sep 15, 2018
Maximus69:
TATIME or whatever you call yourself, you're a silent killer just like Jesus of Nazareth who was tormenting the intolerable Pharisees every day! Is this how awful JWs are in answering questions with references from Jesus words? Because with all this your posts, you're already turning me into a JW! Act 26:28 I'm considering becoming as good as you're, please i'm one of your fans. How can i get a good teacher? can i also become a motivational defender of the faith one day? Please answer me!
Jesus is the Lord and He is the best teacher but He has commissioned His followers to preach and teach you what you must do to be saved, so welcome my brothers and sisters in your neighborhood for a "free home Bible study",read the Bible every day, keep meditating on what you read and don't stop praying for the spirit of wisdom from Jehovah. I'm sure you'll become an indomitable Christian full of the spirit in no time, God bless you!
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by alBHAGDADI: 4:30pm On Sep 15, 2018
TATIME:
Freedom of expression, freedom of speech and freedom of religion. Only Satan always feel intimidated because of these three things,so if you're not intimidated please let people choose the religion of their choice, just make your presentation and leave the rest to God. Matthew 13:3-9 compare to 1Corinthians 3:6 You can't force your ideas on others neither can you decide for them! If you're behaving like this,what makes you different from those killing others for religious reasons? Most of them won't accept a new faith and they'll kill those bringing it along with those who accepts it! True Christians are the most tolerable religious group during the first century so if you're one of their kind, you should defend your own faith and allow others do the same. Not you going out to defend it for them because that's tantamount to intolerance! undecided undecided undecided

I don't seem to understand why you have started labeling me as intolerant.

What you accuse others of, you are actually the one guilty of it.

You guys are not tolerant because you shun your members who hold contrary opinion. You stop talking to them. Even when they are your family members, you still dont care.
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Sep 15, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

I don't seem to understand why you have started labeling me as intolerant.

What you accuse others of, you are actually the one guilty of it.

You guys are not tolerant because you shun your members who hold contrary opinion. You stop talking to them. Even when they are your family members, you still dont care.
We are always friendly indiscriminately towards strangers, because we need to gain as many as we could for Christ. After a person has known all that is required of worshippers of Jehovah, if such a person chose to say "i'm not interested in Jehovah or HIS Kingdom" we must continue to relate with such a person as a neighbor with right of choice regarding worship. But what about someone who said "i agreed with all the terms and conditions in Christianity" after a thorough study and meditation and later decides to abandon the truth. They must be "disfelloshiped". 1Corinthians 5:12,13 In the first century,they were shunned because Jesus is what makes US their family by faith so if they now decide to abandon the faith they are no more worthy of been called a brother or sister. 2John 10,11 You have a family and all your family members knows the rules of the family, if a stranger does what's not permitted of course you'll take him for who he is "a stranger". But what about a family member who decides to abuse the family's heritage and at the same time feels no remorse? So it's right according to the scriptures to shun those who decides to nail the Christ a second time.
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Barristter07: 6:46pm On Sep 15, 2018
Emusan:
The true body of Christ all bear witness to the rising Lord Jesus but a particular group decided to isolate themselves by given themselves a name known as 'Jehovah Witness'

If you ask any of their members, why bearing witness to Jehovah and not Jesus Christ?

Their quick respond will be God says in Isa 43:10 that "you're my witness says Jehovah..." just as they explained it here under the topic: why are we called Jehovah witness?
Many people think that Jehovah’s Witnesses is the name of a new religion. However, over 2,700 years ago, the servants of the only true God were described as his “witnesses.” ( Isaiah 43:10-12 ) Until 1931, we were known as Bible Students. Why did we adopt the name Jehovah’s Witnesses? https://www.jw.org/en/publications/books/jehovahs-will/why-called-jehovahs-witnesses/

Notice that it was said here that "...Over 2,700 years ago, the SERVANTS of the only true God we're described as his "WITNESSES"

Which means, the NAME Jehovah witness didn't start from them but originated from Bible.
NOTE: Originated here means they're not the first people to be called Jehovah witness but every Biblical Characters are all Jehovah witnesses. You can read that from the link!

Now, when reading Watchtower magazine and Awake publication of Jehovah witness. Whenever, there's a reference to old people especially the disciples of Jesus Christ and people who walked with the disciples. Their publications ALWAYS refer to them as 'EARLY CHRISTIANS'

My questions are:
1. If people are actually known in the Bible over 2,700 years ago as witnesses, why can't we find exert name as Jehovah witness directly applied to a person/group of people in the Bible?

2. Why does Watchtower and Awake always refer to the early people as 'EARLY CHRISTIANS' and not EARLY JEHOVAH WITNESS?
You are not making a single sense, are Jehovahs Witnesses NOT Christians?
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Barristter07: 6:52pm On Sep 15, 2018
TATIME:
We are always friendly indiscriminately towards strangers, because we need to gain as many as we could for Christ. After a person has known all that is required of worshippers of Jehovah, if such a person chose to say "i'm not interested in Jehovah or HIS Kingdom" we must continue to relate with such a person as a neighbor with right of choice regarding worship. But what about someone who said "i agreed with all the terms and conditions in Christianity" after a thorough study and meditation and later decides to abandon the truth. They must be "disfelloshiped". 1Corinthians 5:12,13 In the first century,they were shunned because Jesus is what makes US their family by faith so if they now decide to abandon the faith they are no more worthy of been called a brother or sister. 2John 10,11 You have a family and all your family members knows the rules of the family, if a stranger does what's not permitted of course you'll take him for who he is "a stranger". But what about a family member who decides to abuse the family's heritage and at the same time feels no remorse? So it's right according to the scriptures to shun those who decides to nail the Christ a second time.
Don't waste time with the guy

grin Albghadadi is a fake Christian until he is able to prove that Jesus died for mankind grin

The guy ran from the other thread when he disown his own Lord and Savior by not been able to prove he died for man's salvation. Don't mind all of them running mouth here jharey

1 Like

Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Barristter07: 6:54pm On Sep 15, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

Lie Lie. Telling lies up and down grin

1 Like

Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Emusan(m): 7:04pm On Sep 15, 2018
Barristter07:

You are not making a single sense, are Jehovahs Witnesses NOT Christians?

ehhhh so JWs are Christians but just go through this thread and see how your brothers who first comment rubbish Christian.

Christians are witnesses of Jesus Christ not Jehovah. Are you?
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by alBHAGDADI: 7:08pm On Sep 15, 2018
TATIME:
Which bible verse says you should stop communicating with someone disfellowshiped?

Your act of shunning a disfellowhisped person has led to families being torn apart. Many are still JW today because of the fear of being shunned by their families.
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by alBHAGDADI: 7:09pm On Sep 15, 2018
Barristter07:

Lie Lie. Telling lies up and down grin

Go back and read how your JW brother Tatime has been. dissociating your organization from Christianity.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

The Day A "Bad Guy" Met His Saviour / TB Joshua Celebrates His 52nd Birthday Today / Warning! Don't Watch This Video, You Might Lose Your Faith

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 148
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.