Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? (11803 Views)

New Changes For Jehovah's Witness: Women Can Wear Trousers, Men Must Not Wear.. / A Question For Jehovah Witnesses. / Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Nobody: 8:37am On Sep 24, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
TATIME, please do the following, let's do this together
1/ Type in here what Nicodemus opening remark was to Jesus
2/ Next from that remark, what was Nicodemus saying and asking Jesus?
3/ Why was Nicodemus saying this and asking Jesus?

1/ Type in here what Nicodemus opening remark was to Jesus
1)"The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him,
Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God:
for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.
"
- John 3:2

2/ Next from that remark, what was Nicodemus saying and asking Jesus?
2/ He said:
"We all know that God has sent you to teach us.
Your miraculous signs are evidence that God is with you.
"

3/ Why was Nicodemus saying this and asking Jesus?
3/ He needed to establish the truth and/or correctness of who Jesus is
He was unlike Anna and Simeon who saw through and recognised Jesus without miracles and/or sign and wonder as evidences

I was hoping you will realise the answer from my earlier detailed post
and/or that when you're giving your responses to those three questions I asked, you would have seen the answers

How Nicodemus became BORN AGAIN, happened after already being physically born on earth (i.e. via water)
and how it took place, was from getting spiritually birthed from above (i.e. via Spirit)

When Nicodemus became BORN AGAIN, as earlier said, was when he was born from above (i.e. born again via Spirit)
and this born from above (i.e. born again) happened after being giving birth to by his mother (i.e. her water broke)

"3Jesus answered and said unto him,
Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God
5Jesus answered,
Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
6That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
"
- John 3:3, 5-6

Going back to John 3:3 above again,
Notice that Nicodemus, in John 3:3, managed to have seen some things, admitted and confirmed the origin of what hes being seeing,
now, TATIME, from that and by the import of John 3:3, it proves that Nicodemus is born again

TATIME, notice in John 3:3, that is Jesus saying, it's, from being born from above (i.e. born again),
that one is able to acknowledge the demonstrations & power of the kingdom of God (i.e. to see)

So, in effect, if one isnt born from above (i.e. not born again), then such one, will not see or cannot see the kingdom of God
(i.e. cannot admit, confirm and/or acknowledge the demonstrations & power of the kingdom of God)

Non born again persons, will rubbish, ridicule, make fun of, poke fun at, make jokes about, scoff at, be sarcastic about the kingdom of God
Such one, those not born from above, will take the mickey out of demonstrations & power of the kingdom of God

Now, going forward, in John 3:5, Jesus added that one cannot enter into the kingdom of God, except is born of water and born from above
and in John 3:6, clarified what he meant by "born of water", by saying that which is born of the flesh is flesh

John 3:5-6 infers natural birth and not water baptism, that you are promoting
It has nothing to do with "the baptism by water that FIRST declares you PUBLICLY as an individual who is ready to join Christ's followers"
Now let's get it straight! Because John the Baptist said "i baptise in water" John 1:26 and Jesus' followers were also baptizing repentant sinners "in water". John 3:26 Of course John's disciples couldn't have noticed Jesus baptizing people if it's not VISIBLY "in water". The first time humans were baptized with Holy Spirit was at Pentecost. Act 2:1-4 as a fulfilment of what Jesus promised them in Act 1:8. So are you saying Nicodemus got baptized with Holy Spirit before the chosen 12 Apostles Meanwhile Born Again is clear, all of US exists through birth but God's Holy Spirit gives selected few (only amongst Jesus' disciples) heavenly garments to make the 144,000 anointed corulers with Jesus in heaven.Revelations 14:1-5 compared to Matthew 22:1-14 Initially it was supposed to be Israelites ONLY but since the nation wasn't faithful the invitation was blown open to other races.If you CAREFULLY compare Jesus' illustration at Matthew 22:8-10 with Revelations 7:4-8 you'll notice that the names of the sons of Israel were listed but NOT COMPLETE,this is to show that it wasn't LITERALLY talking about the nation of Israel. Whoever is not invited but participates unworthily in events marking the chosen few DIES. 1Corinthians 11:29,30 Please how or when did Nicodemus qualified in all these settings?
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Primesky(m): 8:20pm On Sep 30, 2018
OneJ:

Explain what 's in John 20:30,31,Matt16:13-17, 1 Cor 15:24,27. 11:3 & wound your false doctrine... Fear catch am...

In Athanasian Creed " the equality of the three persons of the Trinity is explicitly stated.... although one God, the Father ,son & holy spirit are distinct from each other. The Father is neither made nor begotten;
The son is not made but is begotten from the Father.
Holy spirit is neither made nor begotten but proceeds from the Father.- Western Churches include "and the son" ( filioque), a concept which Eastern & Oriental Orthodox Churches rejected.
(Source: Athanasian Creed Wikipedia.

The term (filioque concept) has been an ongoing source of conflict between Eastern Christianity & Western Christianity"
Source: filioque Wikipedia.

"The Apostles Creed makes no explicit statements about the divinity of the son & the holy spirit"
Source : Apostles Creed Wikipedia.

SERIAL LIARS, all of una no even agree on which version of your false doctrine to accept. Yesterday one of them said on NL (this thread) that there is hierarchy between the three persons of the Trinity.

2) Athanasian Creed says " the son is not made but begotten from the Father" (what a contradiction!).

3) "Made" past tense,of 'make'
'Make', to create.
begotten, past participle of beget.
Beget, definition
I) to father a child
ii) to create , MAKE some thing happen.

Source: Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary.

The Trinity falsehood must be exposed.

My dear, can you stop wasting your time by posting these things?

It's like you like quarrel and fights and arguments.

Just answer those simple questions let's have a base to treat other matters, but you have so far refused to do that. Rather, you have elected to dodge them like a plague. But I won't have non of that. When you're ready, I'm ready. You just don't want to give up the lies of Watch Tower.

May God save your soul.
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Nobody: 10:53pm On Sep 30, 2018
Primesky:

Just answer those simple questions let's have a base to treat other matters, but you have so far refused to do that. Rather, you have elected to dodge them like a plague. But I won't have non of that. When you're ready, I'm ready. You just don't want to give up the lies of Watch Tower.

May God save your soul.
If he has been disagreeing with you since and vehemently arguing with you, then it means someone is on the wrong side. Jesus never prayed for critics my friend, He simply present His messages and walk away. Your repeatedly saying "may God save your soul" means you knew nothing about God's word because God's word condemns interceding on behalf of disobedient ones. Proverbs 28:9,Jeremiah 11:14,14:11 Jesus also maintained that principle John 17:8,9 So my friend are you a Christian (one who believes that whatever Jesus does is the best) or those honouring Him with their lips but disowning Him by their actions? Oponu Olodo cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by OneJ: 11:08pm On Sep 30, 2018
Primesky:

May God save your soul.

Mr Artful dodger bawo ni ?

U have always been ranting on various NL threads that I dodged your questions. Yet , U have never reposted them so that I would see them & reply.
.That's not fair,to be frank.

PS:

Every serious person on NL can verify the points i made in my previous post, I dare U to prove them false rather than ranting up & down. Last last ,repost your questions.
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Primesky(m): 11:15pm On Oct 01, 2018
OneJ:

Mr Artful dodger bawo ni ?

U have always been ranting on various NL threads that I dodged your questions. Yet , U have never reposted them so that I would see them & reply.
.That's not fair,to be frank.

PS:

Every serious person on NL can verify the points i made in my previous post, I dare U to prove them false rather than ranting up & down. Last last ,repost your questions.

Seriously?!. OK, I have modified and copied you on those questions. After you've answered them, you can repeat your own questions. Please, as a 'Jehovah witness' I think you should be civil, so that I can learn from you, or shouldn't I?. No offence
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Primesky(m): 11:20pm On Oct 01, 2018
TATIME:
If he has been disagreeing with you since and vehemently arguing with you, then it means someone is on the wrong side. Jesus never prayed for critics my friend, He simply present His messages and walk away. Your repeatedly saying "may God save your soul" means you knew nothing about God's word because God's word condemns interceding on behalf of disobedient ones. Proverbs 28:9,Jeremiah 11:14,14:11 Jesus also maintained that principle John 17:8,9 So my friend are you a Christian (one who believes that whatever Jesus does is the best) or those honouring Him with their lips but disowning Him by their actions? Oponu Olodo cheesy cheesy cheesy

That's another lie from you!. Stop lying about Jesus Christ Here if you don't know Him.

Why aren't you afraid of twisting the word of God?. What Jesus did on the cross praying for His crucifiers was what?.

He commanded us to pray for our enemies and for those who dispitefully use us. Did Jesus preach what He didn't practice?. Does ones enemies not criticise them?.

No wao!. Let God be true and every man a liar!.
Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by Nobody: 8:15am On Oct 02, 2018
Primesky:

That's another lie from you!. Stop lying about Jesus Christ Here if you don't know Him.

Why aren't you afraid of twisting the word of God?. What Jesus did on the cross praying for His crucifiers was what?.

He commanded us to pray for our enemies and for those who dispitefully use us. Did Jesus preach what He didn't practice?. Does ones enemies not criticise them?.

No wao!. Let God be true and every man a liar!.
You're zealous my friend but not according to ACCURATE knowledge. Jesus never prayed for the Pharisees who plotted His execution, He was praying for those soldiers who "didn't understand what they were doing". John 19:23,24 compared with Luke 23:34 The Pharisees knew very well that from all indication Jesus is truly the Messiah (Christ)(John 3:2)but willingly plotted against Him, they also instigated the people against Jesus,and they damn the consequences of their evil deeds. Matthew 27:24,25 Did you think Jesus was praying for those murderers when He perfectly understood God's standards? Proverbs 28:9 Jesus asked US to pray for those persecuting US for being faithful to God's righteous standards because those people don't know the benefits of true faith. Matthew 5:44 compared to Romans 10:1-3 Not those who are willingly plotting against US knowing fully well that we're only faithful regarding what we know. Publicly praying just to attract or call attention is against God's standards,(Matthew 6:1-6) so during prayer a Christian should be very careful not to portray a self-righteous attitude of praying in the presence of the one for whom you're making supplications, unless that one has TOTALLY agreed with you. John 17:8,9 Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? by OneJ: 12:16am On Oct 03, 2018
Primesky:

Seriously?!. OK, I have modified and copied you on those questions. After you've answered them, you can repeat your own questions. Please, as a 'Jehovah witness' I think you should be civil, so that I can learn from you, or shouldn't I?. No offence

I will give a response. Pls be patient.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

How to Give your Gifts to God as recommended by Jesus Christ / Please Stop Farting In Church / Sodom And Gomorrah (Didn't the Children matter?)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.