Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,006 members, 7,821,525 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

I'm An Igbo Man But IPOB Should Be Proscribed - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I'm An Igbo Man But IPOB Should Be Proscribed (4002 Views)

Anambra Polls: I’m Pan-nigeria But IPOB Must Be Heard, Charles Soludo Says / 5 Things That IPOB Should Know About Rivers State / IPOB Should Allow Us Bury Nnamdi Kanu’s Parents In Peace – Kinsmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm An Igbo Man But IPOB Should Be Proscribed by gidgiddy: 9:57am On Sep 13, 2018
PFRB:

So because they brand some people enemy that is why they should be proscribed? That is why your Igbo nation will became Afghanistan? It appears you do not know much about Afghanistan.

Forget that guy, it is people with his stupid mentality that cause Africa to be backward. The world is after people taking action while people like him are busy chasing after those that talked.

He is in a country where thousands of innocent people have been killed in 2018 alone by different armed groups but his headache is the group that only talked. How people can be this stupid I will never know.

3 Likes

Re: I'm An Igbo Man But IPOB Should Be Proscribed by naijapips04: 10:01am On Sep 13, 2018
gidgiddy:

Forget that guy, it is people with his stupid mentality that cause Africa to be backward. The world is after people taking action while people like him are busy chasing after those that talked.

He is in a country where thousands of innocent people have been killed in 2018 alone by different armed groups but his headache is the group that only talked. How people can be this stupid I will never know.

Every terrorist organization all started with people just talking.....boko haram, Al -Queda , ISIS. There all stemmed from one man saying things and issuing treats just like IPOB is doing now.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm An Igbo Man But IPOB Should Be Proscribed by Yyeske(m): 10:02am On Sep 13, 2018
FortifiedCity:
Putting IPOB and boko/taliban is gross misrepresentation. There are things that can't just happen in the east.

The thing is if IPOB is to achieve their goal, they'll have to be defiant to the government. And defiance takes going against the norm
How is it wrong to put those groups mentioned as the same, is it not common knowledge they all operate using coercion and forceful participation and you are threatened if you don't comply

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm An Igbo Man But IPOB Should Be Proscribed by gidgiddy: 10:10am On Sep 13, 2018
naijapips04:

Every terrorist organization all started with people just talking.....boko haram, Al -Queda , ISIS. There all stemmed from one man saying things and issuing treats just like IPOB is doing now.

Really? Then that means everybody in the world is a terrorist because everybody in the world has at one time or the other issued threats to another person.
Re: I'm An Igbo Man But IPOB Should Be Proscribed by frankfrancis871: 10:11am On Sep 13, 2018
naijapips04:

Go back and read the statement by emma powerful.

I am protesting of course. But protest should be based on individual convictions not enforced. Don't intimidate me into sitting at home if I don't want to. I've been in the east during several sit at home orders right from the time of MASSOB and I know how these things are.
PLEASE READ THIS SLOWLY
okay cool you expect them to treat you nicely after losing people dear to their heart NO, NO and NO! For Christ sake these people lost people they love, don't you feel sorry for them! Like I said, nobody is FORCING you to sit at home but I would never make myself an enemy to my people WHEN AND ESPECIALLY IF THEY ARE RIGHT. If I were you, I will stand with them because these Biafrans especially Igbos are going through lots of terrible tribulation, their neighbours hate them and even... I'm really tired of explaining this, just ONE DAY I means hours you can't sacrifice., this is ridiculous!
Re: I'm An Igbo Man But IPOB Should Be Proscribed by Dreambeat: 10:19am On Sep 13, 2018
naijapips04:

There's a huge difference between supporting Biafra and supporting IPOB. Biafra is a worthy course but IPOB is just a group of miscreants. Learn to differentiate the two man.
Stop listening to what detractors post on social media calling the group a bunch of miscreants.Thats not true.The group is made up of intellectuals and achievers in different fields.Academics, doctors,lawyers engineers and successful businessmen amongst others both home and in the diaspora.Stop listening to the lies of the Nigerian state.Yes there may be some members who may behave in not so much of a generally likable way,but it is expected.Their voice should also be heard.They are part of the Biafran project.Even if you don't like the way they pass their messages,you should not drown their voices just because you don't like their 'aggression'.That is what a republic and a democracy should be.Is that not what the Biafran project is all about?
Re: I'm An Igbo Man But IPOB Should Be Proscribed by naijapips04: 10:21am On Sep 13, 2018
frankfrancis871:
PLEASE READ THIS SLOWLY
okay cool you expect them to treat you nicely after losing people dear to their heart NO, NO and NO! For Christ sake these people lost people they love, don't you feel sorry for them! Like I said, nobody is FORCING you to sit at home but I would never make myself an enemy to my people WHEN AND ESPECIALLY IF THEY ARE RIGHT. If I were you, I will stand with them because these Biafrans especially Igbos are going through lots of terrible tribulation, their neighbours hate them and even... I'm really tired of explaining this, just ONE DAY I means hours you can't sacrifice., this is ridiculous!

I get you. You can appeal to me and I choose to protest in solidarity. You don't force me. You can't only suggest to me not enforce me.
Re: I'm An Igbo Man But IPOB Should Be Proscribed by konoplyanka: 10:27am On Sep 13, 2018
Dreambeat:
Stop listening to what detractors post on social media calling the group a bunch of miscreants.Thats not true.The group is made up of intellectuals and achievers in different fields.Academics, doctors,lawyers engineers and successful businessmen amongst others both home and in the diaspora.Stop listening to the lies of the Nigerian state.Yes there may be some members who may behave in not so much of a generally likable way,but it is expected.Their voice should also be heard.They are part of the Biafran project.Even if you don't like the way they pass their messages,you should not drown their voices just because you don't like their 'aggression'.That is what a republic and a democracy should be.Is that not what the Biafran project is all about?
gidgiddy:

gidgiddy:

Stop talking like a fool. What was said here that was bad?

That people should stay indoors? It is up to the people to obey that order or go out. Will IPOB drag people into their house if they come outside?

I don't know what is wrong with Nigerians. "Nnamdi Kanu said this, Nnamdi Kanu said that', 'IPOB said this, IPOB said that'.

People so concerned about what was said. WHAT DID THEY DO?

Have you heard that IPOB touched anyone? Have they killed anybody? Have they ever been armed? So the whole problem is that they talked?

Yet you live in a country where Boko Haram, Herdsmen and Niger Delta militants are no longer talking their mouths but with their AK47.

You live in a country where different armed bandits are killing people every blessed day

But your main headache is what IPOB or Kanu said or didn't say?

If you have nothing doing, try and get a job

You guys dont see anything wrong with this threat, but cry wolf when Oba Akinolu "threatened" to throw you into the laoon.

" Any person or persons found outside on September 14, 2018 will be recorded as an enemy of Biafra and dealt with accordingly. Such person or persons, along with their families, will face the eternal wrath and consequences of their actions. This IPOB generation will not forgive any act of treachery capable of derailing our march to freedom. "

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm An Igbo Man But IPOB Should Be Proscribed by frankfrancis871: 10:27am On Sep 13, 2018
naijapips04:

I get you. You can appeal to me and I choose to protest in solidarity. You don't force me. You can't only suggest to me not enforce me.
Thank you nobody is forcing anyone but supporting your people in times of trouble is the best..
Re: I'm An Igbo Man But IPOB Should Be Proscribed by naijapips04: 10:29am On Sep 13, 2018
gidgiddy:

Really? Then that means everybody in the world is a terrorist because everybody in the world has at one time or the other issued threats to another person.

When that treat is to national security , then you should be arrested.
Re: I'm An Igbo Man But IPOB Should Be Proscribed by naijapips04: 10:30am On Sep 13, 2018
frankfrancis871:
Thank you nobody is forcing anyone but supporting your people in times of trouble is the best..

Emma powerful's statement is clearing spelling it out that the people must remain indoors or face the wrath of IPOB.

1 Like

Re: I'm An Igbo Man But IPOB Should Be Proscribed by PFRB: 10:33am On Sep 13, 2018
naijapips04:

when IPOB is beginning to take powers into their hands, to determine who should come out and who shouldn't then they should be proscribed. They are overstepping their boundaries and the sooner we stop them, the better for everyone.

Now I begin to doubt if you are Igbo or if you grew up in Igbo land. In Igbo tradition, when there is a call for collective action, they don't force you but if you do not join, you will be considered an enemy of the people. That is Igbo tradition. That is what Emma Powerful , an Igbo man has said. If you are Igbo or If you grew up in Igbo land, you will know what that is. You are behaving like those who hate any word or action that emanates from Igbo land. The IPOB has a history and we know that they have never forced anybody to do anything.

1 Like

Re: I'm An Igbo Man But IPOB Should Be Proscribed by frankfrancis871: 10:33am On Sep 13, 2018
konoplyanka:

You guys dont see anything wrong with this threat, but cry wolf when Oba Akinolu "threatened" to throw you into the laoon.

" Any person or persons found outside on September 14, 2018 will be recorded as an enemy of Biafra and dealt with accordingly. Such person or persons, along with their families, will face the eternal wrath and consequences of their actions. This IPOB generation will not forgive any act of treachery capable of derailing our march to freedom. "
has IPOB crucified you for this comment, the bolded is more like a warning to their people to do the needful! Why disturbing yourselves on another peoples matter?
Re: I'm An Igbo Man But IPOB Should Be Proscribed by Fyno: 10:34am On Sep 13, 2018
gidgiddy:

Stop talking like a fool. What was said here that was bad?

That people should stay indoors? It is up to the people to obey that order or go out. Will IPOB drag people into their house if they come outside?

I don't know what is wrong with Nigerians. "Nnamdi Kanu said this, Nnamdi Kanu said that', 'IPOB said this, IPOB said that'.

People so concerned about what was said. WHAT DID THEY DO?

Have you heard that IPOB touched anyone? Have they killed anybody? Have they ever been armed? So the whole problem is that they talked?

Yet you live in a country where Boko Haram, Herdsmen and Niger Delta militants are no longer talking their mouths but with their AK47.

You live in a country where different armed bandits are killing people every blessed day

But your main headache is what IPOB or Kanu said or didn't say?

If you have nothing doing, try and get a job
leave that slowpoke my mama say I be ibo
Re: I'm An Igbo Man But IPOB Should Be Proscribed by frankfrancis871: 10:36am On Sep 13, 2018
PFRB:

Now I begin to doubt if you are Igbo or if you grew up in Igbo land. In Igbo tradition, when there is a call for collective action, they don't force you but if you do not join, you will be considered an enemy of the people. That is Igbo tradition. That is what Emma Powerful , an Igbo man has said. If you are Igbo or If you grew up in Igbo land, you will know what that is. You are behaving like those who hate any word or action that emanates from Igbo land. The IPOB has a history and we know that they have never forced anybody to do anything.
Thank God that someone understands this perfectly, thats Igbo for you!
Re: I'm An Igbo Man But IPOB Should Be Proscribed by naijapips04: 10:36am On Sep 13, 2018
PFRB:

That rule is unspoken. But for you to come out to specially to say that 'the wrath of IPOB" would be unleashed on people that do not obey your command, is a dangerous threat man. IPOB is not an organization worthy of the Biafran cause.

1 Like

Re: I'm An Igbo Man But IPOB Should Be Proscribed by mbos: 10:39am On Sep 13, 2018
IgboticGirl:
I love this

I strongly like this post

They are condtuting nuisance which will harm igbo economy

you lifeless economy they are working hard to kill like Innoson motor, eagel cement, etc.

YOU are not Igbo but IBO

1 Like

Re: I'm An Igbo Man But IPOB Should Be Proscribed by Yyeske(m): 10:39am On Sep 13, 2018
konoplyanka:

You've said it all, to them, the threat is OK but anyone else who does same would be reported to the UN, ICC and the likes.

1 Like

Re: I'm An Igbo Man But IPOB Should Be Proscribed by konoplyanka: 10:42am On Sep 13, 2018
frankfrancis871:
has IPOB crucified you for this comment, the bolded is more like a warning to their people to do the needful! Why disturbing yourselves on another peoples matter?

What is the meaning of warning? You are losing your head here nna.

2 Likes

Re: I'm An Igbo Man But IPOB Should Be Proscribed by IbrahimDamola: 10:42am On Sep 13, 2018
naijapips04:
[s]The recent statement by IPOB spokesperson on the recent sit at home order by the FG is all shades of wrong.

This further consolidates my initial stance on IPOB. They are just nothing but a group of misguided Igbo youths, most of whom are illiterates and heavily brainwashed. Nnamdi Kanu as a conman had to connect to something that resonates with every Igbo man and use that as a tool to steer most away from sanity.

The statement by emma powerful reads in part :

Umunne m, Is this the sort of Biafra we want to have? A Biafra where a group of rascals would punish people for not adhering to their doltish declarations? What happens to free speech and freedom of association? So if i'm in Biafra and I don't agree with Emma powerful, My family and I would be what, beheaded, okwaya?

These sort of unguarded statements would only buy us more enemies than friends.

I want to state it again that IPOB and their group of rascals are on their own. IPOB do not represent the views of the common Igboman. They do not speak for the Igbo nation.
[/s]

1 Share

Re: I'm An Igbo Man But IPOB Should Be Proscribed by konoplyanka: 10:43am On Sep 13, 2018
PFRB:

Why did you take Oba Akiolu's call as a threat?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm An Igbo Man But IPOB Should Be Proscribed by IbrahimDamola: 10:44am On Sep 13, 2018
Yyeske:
[s]How is it wrong to put those groups mentioned as the same, is it not common knowledge they all operate using coercion and forceful participation and you are threatened if you don't comply[/s]

We yoruba muslims sef.. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm An Igbo Man But IPOB Should Be Proscribed by Throwback: 10:44am On Sep 13, 2018
gidgiddy:

What did they say? That they will consider anyone who comes out an enemy? Who doesnt have enemies in life? Did they say they will touch anybody? The group that has not touched anybody is your headache while there are several out there who killing people everyday.

This is why the international community doesn't take Nigeria serious. Words mean more to a Nigerian than action while actions means far more to the international community than words

Learn the lesson today, people care about action, not words.

You, Selemempe and Xander85 are what I would classify as educated hypocrites.

Can you take that quoted statement of the IPOB spokesman to the UN and ICC as a defence when the Nigerian army clamp down on the IPOB terrorists who would attempt to ensure compliance, by unleashing mayhem on those who are free citizens of Nigeria and have not surrendered their democratic franchise to a terrorist group?

Is that statement not a terror statement from a group that loves to pretend to be the victim when indeed they are the aggressors and tyrants within Igboland?

5 Likes

Re: I'm An Igbo Man But IPOB Should Be Proscribed by Yyeske(m): 10:45am On Sep 13, 2018
PFRB:

You don't know the Igbo democratic tradition so go and learn more, before such a decision is reached, all males would meet at a particular place to deliberate on any decision and not just one man in the person of Emma Powerless dictating to everybody on what to do

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm An Igbo Man But IPOB Should Be Proscribed by frankfrancis871: 10:48am On Sep 13, 2018
naijapips04:

Emma powerful's statement is clearing spelling it out that the people must remain indoors or face the wrath of IPOB.
PFRB:

In addition to what he said although I did not grow up in Igboland, I advise you to read thing fall apart again or any of Chinua Achebe that talks about ancient Igbos..
Re: I'm An Igbo Man But IPOB Should Be Proscribed by Emycord: 10:51am On Sep 13, 2018
naijapips04:

There's a huge difference between supporting Biafra and supporting IPOB. Biafra is a worthy course but IPOB is just a group of miscreants. Learn to differentiate the two man.
ok i get you. you want biafra but hate ipob right? ok guy come out open with your roadmap to biafra and lets see. and when you market it to us we will buy it but until then its ipob we know. there are other several pro biafra groups which nne do you suscribe to ? find nne and if you have nne already tell us or forever keep silent
Re: I'm An Igbo Man But IPOB Should Be Proscribed by naijapips04: 10:51am On Sep 13, 2018
frankfrancis871:
In addition to what he said although I did not grow up in Igboland, I advise you to read thing fall apart again or any of Chinua Achebe that talks about ancient Igbos..

You can't stay in your house and determine 'collective action'.

Go and read things fall apart. Before Okonkwo was banished, the elders of every clan came together and agreed. The igboland is republican in nature. Igbo enwe eze. No one man can dictate what would happen and what wouldn't. We are not yorubas.

This same fabric of the igbo culture is what people like Nnamdi Kanu and Emma powerful are seeking to destroy.

2 Likes

Re: I'm An Igbo Man But IPOB Should Be Proscribed by Throwback: 10:53am On Sep 13, 2018
Yyeske:
You've said it all, to them, the threat is OK but anyone else who does same would be reported to the UN, ICC and the likes.

That is the way IPOB operates. They are the masters of propaganda that has not moved any relevant global organisation or agency to consider them as responsible or reputable.

A terrorist group claiming to be the leaders of a people who already have democratic franchise to choose their own leaders as it is global best practice regarded by UN, yet these same charlatans and usurpers of democratic franchise and constitutional legality would run to the very same global agencies that does not recognise their existence.

Like the IPOB reaction to the Kaduna ultimatum by Yerima, that all Igbos would be forced to leave the North.

They petitioned ICC and UN, claiming they are being targeted for genocide by a man that was only ensuring he helped them achieve their goal of leaving Nigeria.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm An Igbo Man But IPOB Should Be Proscribed by gidgiddy: 10:54am On Sep 13, 2018
Throwback:

You, Selemempe and Xander85 are what I would classify as educated hypocrites.

Can you take that quoted statement of the IPOB spokesman to the UN and ICC as a defence when the Nigerian army clamp down on the IPOB terrorists who would attempt to ensure compliance, by unleashing mayhem on those who are free citizens of Nigeria and have not surrendered their democratic franchise to a terrorist group?

Is that statement not a terror statement from a group that loves to pretend to be the victim when indeed they are the aggressors and tyrants within Igboland?

Unfortunately for ignorant people like you, the international community is interested in "actions", not spoken words or statements. Violence must be an action. So wether you cry from now to eternity about what IPOB or Kanu said or did not say, the international community only cares about actions.

That's why America and the EU don't consider IPOB a terrorist organisation. You can't be a terrorist by word of mouth alone
Re: I'm An Igbo Man But IPOB Should Be Proscribed by Throwback: 10:57am On Sep 13, 2018
gidgiddy:

Unfortunately for ignorant people like you, the international community is interested in "actions", not spoken words or statements. Violence must be an action. So wether you cry from now to eternity about what IPOB or Kanu said or did not say, the international community only cares about actions.

That's why America and the EU don't consider IPOB a terrorist organisation. You can't be a terrorist by word of mouth alone

You are the ones that need the international community for recognition. The sovereign state of Nigeria does not need recognition for its clampdown against all manner of criminal elements within its boundary.

Worse still, whatever excesses of the Nigerian government in dealing with IPOB terrorists, is already taken care of with the prior threats generously afforded the government by the lousy IPOB.

Who would recognise a terrorist group that openly threatens those they claim to want to liberate, but who have not considered them as leaders and have not been elected as leaders to pursue any goal on their behalf?

How is IPOB different from every other self imposing terrorist group who want to force their own ideas and beliefs on a people who are free and enfranchised to determine their own leaders?

Is threat of terror not the typical tool of every terrorist entity, so as to ensure compliance to their will?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm An Igbo Man But IPOB Should Be Proscribed by lastmessenger: 11:00am On Sep 13, 2018
naijapips04:

That rule is unspoken. But for you to come out to specially to say that 'the wrath of IPOB" would be unleashed on people that do not obey your command, is a dangerous threat man. IPOB is not an organization worthy of the Biafran cause.
Don't take this imposter serious. I can bet my left ball that this guy is typing all these rubbish under one brown roof in oshogbo. Bloody afonja
Re: I'm An Igbo Man But IPOB Should Be Proscribed by Yyeske(m): 11:00am On Sep 13, 2018
naijapips04:

You can't stay in your house and determine 'collective action'.

Go and read things fall apart. Before Okonkwo was banished, the elders of every clan came together and agreed. The igboland is republican in nature. Igbo enwe eze. No one man can dictate what would happen and what wouldn't. We are not yorubas.

This same fabric of the igbo culture is what people like Nnamdi Kanu and Emma powerful are seeking to destroy.
Stop taking those ones serious because they know the Igbo tradition but all rules must be bent because of IPOB.
Oba of Lagos talked, they screamed and reacted, Arewa youths gave an ultimatum, they screamed more and reported everybody to The UN and ICC as they alleged.
Now IPOB is threatening others, to them it is a good decision and rightly thought through

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

BREAKING: Four APC Members Arrested With Thump Printed Ballot Papers, Gun In Lag / Easier-than-imagined Way To Overcome The Herder Tribe In Nigeria / Christains Are Lesser Citizens - Asiwaju Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.