Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,607 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

POF: My Marriage Is About To Be Ruined Becaus Of A Secret I Kept From My Husband - Family (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / POF: My Marriage Is About To Be Ruined Becaus Of A Secret I Kept From My Husband (79259 Views)

I Cheated-my Marriage Is Falling Apart / I Kept All My Money In My Wife's Account, Now There's Problem / Help! I Think God Has Forsaken Me And My Life Is About To Be Ruined (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: POF: My Marriage Is About To Be Ruined Becaus Of A Secret I Kept From My Husband by Ogbiko247(f): 11:59am On Sep 14, 2018
I feel your pains.Truth be told,the did has been done already. All you need now, is God and prayers. Let telling both families be the last option. Why? Because, his family will end up taking sides with him. You have three kids already, that's to tell you that, your God is too faithful to fail you. If he did not fail you with those three kids,meaning he will still show up even if your hubby wants more kids.
Finally, whose report do you believe in? That report is only a doctors report, and not the report of God concerning your life.So dear, be strong, God will surely show up for you, trust me.

3 Likes

Re: POF: My Marriage Is About To Be Ruined Becaus Of A Secret I Kept From My Husband by Amakoromo1: 12:04pm On Sep 14, 2018
Madam first and foremost ur husband u need to thank God for the works he has done in ur marriage, blessing ur union with three wonderful children dat alone should make he thanking God all the time, because wat if u don't have dem before now den he would have killed u, but dat is not going to be ur potion. My advice to u is to hand it over to God Almighty because with him nothing is impossible in dis life if u believe he can still chande ur situation around.[color=#000099][/color]
Re: POF: My Marriage Is About To Be Ruined Becaus Of A Secret I Kept From My Husband by newdawn2017(f): 12:07pm On Sep 14, 2018
babadee1:
You made a big mistake. You shouldn't have revealed it all to him at once. That is too much shock for any man to take in an instant. Instead you should have acted like it was a recent development and made an appointment to see new doctors. Then you could have shared your diagnosis with him like it was a new thing.
As it is now you just have to either give him enough time to allow him to get over it or just allow him to move on if that's what he wants to do.

u real right bro, hmm! most people here think 99% of men appreciate d truth, truth is they don't.
Re: POF: My Marriage Is About To Be Ruined Becaus Of A Secret I Kept From My Husband by Efiko(m): 12:07pm On Sep 14, 2018
I really don't see a big problem going forward based on your narration.

Your hubby is just being a prudent man by trying to manage (minimise) his risk hence asking you to resign your job so you could watch over the kids 24/7 since he already know his probability of having other kids is clinically zero.

In other words, he's afraid of loosing what he already has which also mean that he has no plan of another woman.

Understand his fears, do all you can (don't quit your job) to assure him of the safety of your kids (may include bringing in a close familiy member to live with you) over time the fear will die away.

All the best!
Re: POF: My Marriage Is About To Be Ruined Becaus Of A Secret I Kept From My Husband by Nobody: 12:10pm On Sep 14, 2018
Femsyn:
Hmm. Are you sure there isn't more to this? Cos I find his reaction way overboard.

You have three kids already, don't you?

Who gives birth to more than 3 children these days sef?

PS.: With this insensitive attitude of his, never ever leave your job. OK?

Hope you know the triplets was as a result of the hormonal drugs she was taking.

On her own she cannot concieve

The major problem here is the wanton deceit by madam. The husband fall maga and e dey pain am grin

What if the pikins no be him own? What if she has been cheating? What else has she kept from him? The possibilities are endless.

As for the OP I don't feel sorry for her. Lying, deceitful woman

1 Like

Re: POF: My Marriage Is About To Be Ruined Becaus Of A Secret I Kept From My Husband by Amhappy(f): 12:23pm On Sep 14, 2018
My sister i bless God for you. I tap into your blessings,just the two boys God abeg is enough for me.

On the other hand Never you leave your job without a better alternative means of income. You wronged him and i see your husband as a vengeance seeking man that may deal with you if you are fully financial dependent on him. You can get a medical personnel to talk to your husband about this issue. You can also continue with treatment if he wants more children. Peace

1 Like

Re: POF: My Marriage Is About To Be Ruined Becaus Of A Secret I Kept From My Husband by selfwife(f): 12:25pm On Sep 14, 2018
I am already feeling bad.because the whole thing reminds me of myself(reproductive system wahala). I speak out with faith everyday that I am healed.
Re: POF: My Marriage Is About To Be Ruined Becaus Of A Secret I Kept From My Husband by ponti93(m): 12:32pm On Sep 14, 2018
newdawn2017:
u real right bro, hmm! most people here think 99% of men appreciate d truth, truth is they don't.
when it comes to relationships i have learned that the truth aint always the best... It applies to both genders... Some things are better left unsaid
Re: POF: My Marriage Is About To Be Ruined Becaus Of A Secret I Kept From My Husband by figure007(m): 12:34pm On Sep 14, 2018
Femsyn:
Hmm. Are you sure there isn't more to this? Cos I find his reaction way overboard.

You have three kids already, don't you?

Who gives birth to more than 3 children these days sef?

PS.: With this insensitive attitude of his, never ever leave your job. OK?
i don't even understand the story.... Someone with 3kids already and has a job and the husband is giving her attitude because of what? Is she barren Ni? This one nobi issue now abi Na only me they think like that ni

1 Like

Re: POF: My Marriage Is About To Be Ruined Becaus Of A Secret I Kept From My Husband by Simplybami(f): 12:51pm On Sep 14, 2018
alterswerve:
So you won't Google.. POF is Premature Ovarian Failure

Wow.. See.. Truthfully, under the law, if he decides to divorce cos of this issue, you know he'll win, cos his lawyer will say you deceived him into the marriage.

It's a tough one.

He's really pissed cos he's feeling that he was deceived into the marriage. He could be wondering how many other things you're keeping from him ry now.

Do what he wants if your marriage is of very high priority to you and let him know you're doing it to show him how sorry you are and for peace to reign between both of you.

Always staying with the kids doesn't guarantee that nothing bad will ever happen to them, and let him know that too.

It's a sacrifice or penance I think you should make IF YOUR MARRIAGE IS OF A HIGHER PRIORITY TO YOU THAN YOUR CAREER and his pay can take care of all y'all well.

My only scare now is that he doesn't begin to demand for more sacrifices from you. But looking at the positive side, if you submit, he may look back at this decision in the future and lift his ban on you working

Wish you the best

PS: You typed good. Big ups!

'He may look back on this decision and lift his ban on her working' are you kidding me? Is she a slave or a child? She's her own individual! Why must she sacrifice her career? Can't they get a nanny since they are both working? Can the man give up his own career? It's not all about (so far the man is making money,she should gladly be a stay at home mum) there's this fulfilment one derives from working irrespective of the gender.

If reverse was to be the case,the woman would have gladly forgiven her man. And why is he making such fuss by the way? They already have 3 kids.

1 Like

Re: POF: My Marriage Is About To Be Ruined Becaus Of A Secret I Kept From My Husband by DaddyNimo(m): 2:04pm On Sep 14, 2018
msylva2147:
I pray that God should put your sister or your daughter in this woman's shoe and your wish be granted.
may all males in your generation marry a lying deceiving used up biitch like the op.... it's girls like her that will hide deir AS genotype from a man and marry him out of selfish interest. you spoil ur womb finish come dump yourself on top one gentle man dey form good wife. fork �

1 Like

Re: POF: My Marriage Is About To Be Ruined Becaus Of A Secret I Kept From My Husband by DaddyNimo(m): 2:06pm On Sep 14, 2018
Simplybami:

'He may look back on this decision and lift his ban on her working' are you kidding me? Is she a slave or a child? She's her own individual! Why must she sacrifice her career? Can't they get a nanny since they are both working? Can the man give up his own career? It's not all about (so far the man is making money,she should gladly be a stay at home mum) there's this fulfilment one derives from working irrespective of the gender.

If reverse was to be the case,the woman would have gladly forgiven her man. And why is he making such fuss by the way? They already have 3 kids.
may all males in your generation marry a lying deceiving used up biitch like the op....
Re: POF: My Marriage Is About To Be Ruined Becaus Of A Secret I Kept From My Husband by abbiboy: 2:14pm On Sep 14, 2018
alterswerve:

Wow.. See.. Truthfully, under the law, if he decides to divorce cos of this issue, you know he'll win, cos his lawyer will say you deceived him into the marriage.

It's a tough one.

He's really pissed cos he's feeling that he was deceived into the marriage. He could be wondering how many other things you're keeping from him ry now.

Do what he wants if your marriage is of very high priority to you and let him know you're doing it to show him how sorry you are and for peace to reign between both of you.

Always staying with the kids doesn't guarantee that nothing bad will ever happen to them, and let him know that too.

It's a sacrifice or penance I think you should make IF YOUR MARRIAGE IS OF A HIGHER PRIORITY TO YOU THAN YOUR CAREER and his pay can take care of all y'all well.

My only scare now is that he doesn't begin to demand for more sacrifices from you. But looking at the positive side, if you submit, he may look back at this decision in the future and lift his ban on you working

Wish you the best

Must quitting her job be the solution,I believe the husband has other intentions when she quits re job that is to frustrate her to the point that she quits d marriage that's the trick must men do to punish their wives for there sins...quitting ur job a very big NO.
Re: POF: My Marriage Is About To Be Ruined Becaus Of A Secret I Kept From My Husband by abbiboy: 2:15pm On Sep 14, 2018
Kinggnicole:
You were wrong and you apologised.
I just hope you are not considering quiting your job. He's already rubbing it in your face that you are not fertile. Imagine adding jobless to the mix. He'll rub that in too forgetting he asked you to leave.

He's already abusing you emotionally. You have to be strong dear. And by being strong you have to know when to leave.
U have sense!!
Re: POF: My Marriage Is About To Be Ruined Becaus Of A Secret I Kept From My Husband by abbiboy: 2:17pm On Sep 14, 2018
alterswerve:

It's a tough one.

Wish you the best

U don't have sense...a confuse mumu at that n a useless write up.
Re: POF: My Marriage Is About To Be Ruined Becaus Of A Secret I Kept From My Husband by abbiboy: 2:25pm On Sep 14, 2018
Wilfredpat22:
The truth is that you deceived him. Well we all deceive men one way or the other. You started dating when you were 29, what happened between 21-28, you were sleeping around with married men I guess

This is as a repercussion for the evils you must have done in school and to other women’s homes. Now yours will be shattered. We ladies don’t hear or listen and eventually it will lead to our downfall

Let your husband look for some one fertile and responsible. By the way Are you sure those kids are his?
I Neva expected this write up from a lady,its so myopic to ask such insensitivity question to a very sensitive topic.u need to take a nap n give ur self a break from commenting.Gosh!!
Re: POF: My Marriage Is About To Be Ruined Becaus Of A Secret I Kept From My Husband by abbiboy: 2:27pm On Sep 14, 2018
Wilfredpat22:
The truth is that you deceived him. Well we all deceive men one way or the other. You started dating when you were 29, what happened between 21-28, you were sleeping around with married men I guess

This is as a repercussion for the evils you must have done in school and to other women’s homes. Now yours will be shattered. We ladies don’t hear or listen and eventually it will lead to our downfall

Let your husband look for some one fertile and responsible. By the way Are you sure those kids are his?
Common sense is far from u.. angry

1 Like

Re: POF: My Marriage Is About To Be Ruined Becaus Of A Secret I Kept From My Husband by abbiboy: 2:29pm On Sep 14, 2018
eniolorunfe:
DO NOT QUIT YOUR JOB!!!!!

Whatever you do, don't quit your job....That man wants to break you finally, don't allow him.

You're really lucky, those children are a testimony of God's love towards you, don't let anyone make you lose sight of that.

Even people that have only one child don't stop living because of that, how much more you that have been blessed with 3.

It's God that takes care of children whether you quit your job or not. Let him know this!

Don't let anyone steal your joy... He is not your God.

Anyone that cannot forgive and let go has no business getting married in the first place.

The best quote so far God bless u.
Re: POF: My Marriage Is About To Be Ruined Becaus Of A Secret I Kept From My Husband by abbiboy: 2:33pm On Sep 14, 2018
Princedapace:

Mehn, put ur self in that man's shoe pls.. Abeg nothing hurts more than something like this..

I hate lies.. She is passing thru what he passed thru the day he heard the truth..

She should pay for her sins. Every action has effects.. If she can start business, she should quit her job. That man doesn't want anything to happen to his kids..

The thought of not having any from her anymore is killing him.

She should give him time and keep making peace.. She deceived him and it is not something that u expect him to forgive just like that.. It will take time o. Betrayal of trust from people we love hurts badly..
Mr saint re u too immune from lies n secret?
Re: POF: My Marriage Is About To Be Ruined Becaus Of A Secret I Kept From My Husband by Princedapace(m): 2:40pm On Sep 14, 2018
abbiboy:

Mr saint re u too immune from lies n secret?

I am not.. But I am always ready to stand by any consequences of my lies and secrets..

Tell ur partner everything, if they will stay, they will stay, if they will go, they will go, simple..

Now, if this leads to divorce, the kids will be worse affected.. I know first hand what divorce does to kids..
Re: POF: My Marriage Is About To Be Ruined Becaus Of A Secret I Kept From My Husband by Mart1994(m): 2:43pm On Sep 14, 2018
I think there is something that the lady isn't telling us... Cuz I don't see why the husband will be hating on her even after having 3 issues. Instead of judging, let me hear from the other side first cuz this is a delicate situation.

1 Like

Re: POF: My Marriage Is About To Be Ruined Becaus Of A Secret I Kept From My Husband by bauubacchy: 3:16pm On Sep 14, 2018
Sorry, If you're interested to me to direct you to someone through WhatsApp, send massage to my email: chinwe233@gmail.com. by the Grace of God there's solutions to your problem if can abide with the instructions.
Re: POF: My Marriage Is About To Be Ruined Becaus Of A Secret I Kept From My Husband by ollybosieb: 3:17pm On Sep 14, 2018
SMEConsult:
Just in case this will happen to someone else.

Never tell a person you've been keeping secrets from them especially your spouse. No one wants to hear that.

If you know he's already showing of discovering, don't go on your knees and start spilling.

Tell him you'll see a doctor. Go see a doctor different from the one that treated you. Get the result and cry all the way home.

He will be happy you have 3 kids at once and most likely share testimony of how God knew ahead and gave you the 3 kids before the mishap occurred to shame the devil.

He even now see it as a free pass to sleep with you more since there's not gonna be any fear of pregnancy.

And.... most importantly, your marriage will be protected.

Sometimes attracting sympathy is way better than apologizing.

Now, the deed has been done. Pull on with him. He may never trust you again but there are smart ways to make him do that. Sorry, private message for that.

Words of wisdom! Thank you.

1 Like

Re: POF: My Marriage Is About To Be Ruined Becaus Of A Secret I Kept From My Husband by ObservantFellow: 3:29pm On Sep 14, 2018
babyfaceafrica:
is he suppose to take the news well?..his wife of many years was dishonest?.. so he should laugh and thank her??.

Lol.. Point me out to that man who was 100% honest to his spouse.
Even himself wasn't entirely honest in all about him. Things are only as important as we let them be. In this case, he is blowing the ish out of proportions. A woman had triplets already, what is he looking for again with reproduction? grin
Re: POF: My Marriage Is About To Be Ruined Becaus Of A Secret I Kept From My Husband by omicpet(m): 3:38pm On Sep 14, 2018
ObservantFellow:

Lol.. Point me out to that man who was 100% honest to his spouse.
Even himself wasn't entirely honest in all about him. Things are only as important as we let them be. In this case, he is blowing the ish out of proportions. A woman had triplets already, what is he looking for again with reproduction? grin

Seriously !!!!
Re: POF: My Marriage Is About To Be Ruined Becaus Of A Secret I Kept From My Husband by Apitch(m): 3:41pm On Sep 14, 2018
I got very angry after reading the first page, many unreasonable comments and people talking like kids, I didn't read further but I felt like giving the Op an advice, Please life has no manual, and disregard most advice telling you what to do and what you must not do. First understand that the man is scared and emotionally unstable at the moment, many things are going through his head for him to ask you to resign and take care of the kids. Both of you might have discussed in the past of how many children you both want and I'm guessing he wants more than three but that notwithstanding, make him feel safe. You should know your husband better than everyone giving you advice here, so please find a soft spot to resolve your matter with him, social media will never help you with these kinda comments. And please don't involve parents yet cos you would be surprised by how those old folks reason.
Re: POF: My Marriage Is About To Be Ruined Becaus Of A Secret I Kept From My Husband by Dammylois(f): 3:42pm On Sep 14, 2018
MY ONLY JOY HERE IS THAT YOU HAVE CHILDREN

1 Like

Re: POF: My Marriage Is About To Be Ruined Becaus Of A Secret I Kept From My Husband by Adadioranma79(f): 4:46pm On Sep 14, 2018
Gods time keeper, weldone! You Don make sense be that o, shame!

Homeboiy:
young girls una dey see am so

Marry on time but una go dey form say u can't marry a man wey no de earn 200k

Well I already know that any man wey dey marry woman wey don pass 30yrs Na rescue mission he go so

It's like buying newspaper in the evening
Re: POF: My Marriage Is About To Be Ruined Becaus Of A Secret I Kept From My Husband by Tinamoore(f): 4:54pm On Sep 14, 2018
Wilfredpat22:

Gush!!! what a cruel and insensitive utterance angry
Re: POF: My Marriage Is About To Be Ruined Becaus Of A Secret I Kept From My Husband by CChillz: 6:02pm On Sep 14, 2018
Telling him the truth was the best thing you did. Be strong and fervent in prayer. It might take some time but your husband will come around and apologise for hurting you emotionally since you came out point blank. Just keep praying for him and that God should block his ears from listening to advice from stupid friends because the truth is some male friend can actually give the most stupid advice in this kind of situation.
God doesn't leave nor forsake his people my dear. I will pray for you too. Ask God for forgiveness. Your husband heart will soften and he will apologise for hurting you emotionally.
You have done your part my dear, let God do his
Re: POF: My Marriage Is About To Be Ruined Becaus Of A Secret I Kept From My Husband by Belafonte(m): 6:28pm On Sep 14, 2018
newdawn2017:
Which time, don't u see he Has become a dangerous man already as it is? D Op's nightmare has just begun, she should runaway now d@ d abuse in an incubatory stage.

Lol. Go help am pack her load na.
Re: POF: My Marriage Is About To Be Ruined Becaus Of A Secret I Kept From My Husband by Excellentmind: 6:39pm On Sep 14, 2018
Op, the basis of, I mean the foundation of relationship is trust. Its betrayal and discovery creates a state of Long lasting agony in the mind of the betrayed. So, time and genuine remorse are the only medication that heals the everlasting wounds of deceit.

Inasmuchas others have advised you not to quit your job, l dare ask you, if the job stops today in the midst of all these, won't life continue?

If quitting that job will appease him and save your marriage, please do it . Mind you, there is no career more precious than your children. Therefore, quitting the job to take care of your children and securing the confidence of your husband again is worthwhile.

A lot of women hare are already divorced their spouses and taking their advice will leave you with the option of divorce and automatically recruits you into their dishonourable club.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

See Viral Photos Of A Woman And Her Daughter That Will Blow Your Mind. / Christmas Package A Mother-In-Law Gifted To Her Daughter-In-Law (Photos) / 'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.