Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,725 members, 7,955,740 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:05 PM

Tobi Abikoye Returns N1m Mistakenly Transferred To Him, Had N369 In Account - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Tobi Abikoye Returns N1m Mistakenly Transferred To Him, Had N369 In Account (51259 Views)

Man Who Raped Stepdaughter In Lagos Transferred to SCID, To Appear In Court / Hushpuppi Transferred To California For Trial / A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tobi Abikoye Returns N1m Mistakenly Transferred To Him, Had N369 In Account by BonkoINC: 10:17pm On Sep 15, 2018
Truth remains he can't even run in the first place. So long the guy goes to the bank to complain the money would be reversed. But he did good anyway without having evil thoughts.
Re: Tobi Abikoye Returns N1m Mistakenly Transferred To Him, Had N369 In Account by stagger: 10:17pm On Sep 15, 2018
hyfr:
We do not comprehend the ways of the gods
So u saw one million in your acct and you don’t see a sign in it. After withdrawing all in your account .
Amongst 200million people in Nigeria, they choose you grin and all u could do was to send the money back
I hope you get the necessary media hype and some breakthrough from this your good act.
Mr man you should have withdrawn that money immediately and kept it somewhere safe, if it’s an error from the bank, then they fix it cos they make millions every minute, repaying 1m is a chyse something to them.
If they proceed to declare u wanted, u can sue them for 500m.. someone has done it before in this nigeria sef and his was 42m that was wrongly paid. UBA listed him wanted and he sued them for 1billon. Now he’s prolly somewhere around lekki or vgc

Btw how did they pay 1m wrongly ... the person that paid it couldnt write well or read well? I’m tryin to understand

Taking money that does not belong to you is stealing. Understand now?
Re: Tobi Abikoye Returns N1m Mistakenly Transferred To Him, Had N369 In Account by dazzlingd(m): 10:17pm On Sep 15, 2018
hyfr:
the cashiers are not to blame.. they pay in money into the account u give them and any cashier that makes an error in paying in a million derseves to be sacked. I think it’s a network glitch or something

Which kind network glitch, those errors are human errors and the staff must pay plus query or even sack. You think it's robots that inputs the details of beneficiaries.? Network don't do such errors, network can only cause a delay or reversal of funds. Even if it is network, then somebody at the technical end will pay for it dearly. The truth is that nothing goes for nothing in the banking system, somebody will definitely pay. You can save someone's job, he's probably feeding a family with it. Let's make the world a better place.
Re: Tobi Abikoye Returns N1m Mistakenly Transferred To Him, Had N369 In Account by hyfr(m): 10:20pm On Sep 15, 2018
dazzlingd:

Which kind network glitch, those errors are human errors and the staff must pay plus query or even sack. You think it's robots that inputs the details of beneficiaries.? Network don't do such errors, network can only cause a delay or reversal of funds. Even if it is network, then somebody at the technical end will pay for it dearly. The truth is that nothing goes for nothing in the banking system, somebody will definitely pay. You can save someone's job, he's probably feeding a family with it. Let's make the world a better place.

Lemme ask u this question, pls be honest
Should u see an alert of 50m in your account this night, what would u do?
Put your wife and children in consideration if you’re married
Re: Tobi Abikoye Returns N1m Mistakenly Transferred To Him, Had N369 In Account by hyfr(m): 10:21pm On Sep 15, 2018
Frankicent:

chai..won the case?
sure. Read it on NL too
Re: Tobi Abikoye Returns N1m Mistakenly Transferred To Him, Had N369 In Account by hyfr(m): 10:22pm On Sep 15, 2018
stagger:

Taking money that does not belong to you is stealing. Understand now?
should U see 50 000 000 in your account right now, u would return it ?
Re: Tobi Abikoye Returns N1m Mistakenly Transferred To Him, Had N369 In Account by federal9: 10:22pm On Sep 15, 2018
Frankicent:

you foolish if this is how you make your money you'll be poor.. no be swear.

But his last sentence showed he isn't into that.

Why saying he's foolish? am sure he didn't abuse you.
Re: Tobi Abikoye Returns N1m Mistakenly Transferred To Him, Had N369 In Account by bixton(m): 10:22pm On Sep 15, 2018
dazzlingd:

Your balance can go as low as N0. 00 in many banks

Really.....
I'll try my luck and see
Re: Tobi Abikoye Returns N1m Mistakenly Transferred To Him, Had N369 In Account by dazzlingd(m): 10:26pm On Sep 15, 2018
hyfr:

Lemme ask u this question, pls be honest
Should u see an alert of 50m in your account this night, what would u do?
Put your wife and children in consideration if you’re married

Even if I'm able to access the fund and divert it to several accounts and withdraw some. In this age of BVN, all accounts the money was sent to will be restricted , my account will be restricted. Then I'll be embarrassed. Even if I manage to run with it, then I'll become a wanted person. So why should I bother when I can easily declare myself and be counted as a honourable person, I can even get recommendations for greater heights.

So my brother, I'll declare. I'll get a good name, I won't have to hide, I will save someone's job and make somebody happy

5 Likes

Re: Tobi Abikoye Returns N1m Mistakenly Transferred To Him, Had N369 In Account by wonlasewonimi: 10:30pm On Sep 15, 2018
Banking in Nigeria is flawed. You want to open an account they would tell you to bring any bill as proof of address. They will not verify, send any correspondence to this address neither will they send your bank card. When events like this happen, they wouldn't be able to trace the account owner.
Suffice to say, most Nigerians are rogues based on the feedback generated by this thread.
Re: Tobi Abikoye Returns N1m Mistakenly Transferred To Him, Had N369 In Account by stuffs4me(m): 10:43pm On Sep 15, 2018
Tobi Abikoye

Yoruba amaka
Re: Tobi Abikoye Returns N1m Mistakenly Transferred To Him, Had N369 In Account by IbnAbdullah1(m): 10:45pm On Sep 15, 2018
Tamarapetty:
Sorry, but i won't return that money grin country hard

We(I) understand things aren't easy currently.
But madam, do you think if you were in that person's shoe who mistakenly maybe due one error in typing just one digit cost him/her that mistake.
Would you sincerely just wish everything away because you can pluck money elsewhere?
See, make we no dey comment on top Wetin go give us bad rep even if na online.
What I am simply saying is, for us to know if something is right or wrong let's place ourselves on the victim's place and tell me if you will still take what does not belong to you.
Re: Tobi Abikoye Returns N1m Mistakenly Transferred To Him, Had N369 In Account by debosalau(m): 11:07pm On Sep 15, 2018
Tamarapetty:

I'll be waiting for when you'll make such mistake. That's when you'll know country hard doesn't make you eat what's not yours

1 Like

Re: Tobi Abikoye Returns N1m Mistakenly Transferred To Him, Had N369 In Account by davit: 11:28pm On Sep 15, 2018
This same Tobi was forced to resign last month with other staff as their company was sold to another management! I so much respect his stance in returning the money. Not easy at all. Bro, keep being who you are.
Re: Tobi Abikoye Returns N1m Mistakenly Transferred To Him, Had N369 In Account by Frankicent(m): 11:34pm On Sep 15, 2018
Kylekent59:

didn't you read below my last sentence ??

Sometimes it is good to digest a comment before commenting.

sorry for the insult bro.. grin no vex
Re: Tobi Abikoye Returns N1m Mistakenly Transferred To Him, Had N369 In Account by wildkat: 11:47pm On Sep 15, 2018
Oyindidi:
Good name is better than silver and gold

Till hunger kii you then u go know sey ulcer no sabi person with good name.
Re: Tobi Abikoye Returns N1m Mistakenly Transferred To Him, Had N369 In Account by Digitalwitch: 12:17am On Sep 16, 2018
lonelydora:

Nigerians Amaka
Yoruba Amaka
Re: Tobi Abikoye Returns N1m Mistakenly Transferred To Him, Had N369 In Account by thatigboman: 12:20am On Sep 16, 2018
KingLennon:
Did he return the money or the bank found out early and corrected the mistake?
bank cant correct any mistake of money sent to a customer's account. All they can do is to contact the customer and place the account on lien (if the customer has not withdrawn d money). Lien means, if the money is still there, and placed on lien, the customer cant withdraw it.
Re: Tobi Abikoye Returns N1m Mistakenly Transferred To Him, Had N369 In Account by thugmansion(m): 12:22am On Sep 16, 2018
I returned 500k that was mistakenly transferred into my account about a month ago. I returned it without having any funny thoughts in my head.

1 Like

Re: Tobi Abikoye Returns N1m Mistakenly Transferred To Him, Had N369 In Account by tuhamworld: 12:47am On Sep 16, 2018
Tamarapetty:
You cannuh come and go and now come and MISTAKENLY transfer 1M to me, which kind nonsense rough play be dat??

Tamara!
How many times i call you

pls do not break my back with laff ooh grin grin grin grin

Re: Tobi Abikoye Returns N1m Mistakenly Transferred To Him, Had N369 In Account by legibow: 12:54am On Sep 16, 2018
First mistakenly transfer first, before I talk....
Re: Tobi Abikoye Returns N1m Mistakenly Transferred To Him, Had N369 In Account by KenModi(m): 2:07am On Sep 16, 2018
lilmax:
the ones that will insult him wants a better Nigeria grin

I'll keep saying it, the problem of the country is more of its citizens than the leaders

Your days shall be long and prosperous!

This is the exact argument I have been making for years.

Nigerian leaders are nothing but a product and a reflection of the true nature of Nigerians as a people.
Re: Tobi Abikoye Returns N1m Mistakenly Transferred To Him, Had N369 In Account by KenModi(m): 2:12am On Sep 16, 2018
DELTACHAINSMOKER:
Mumu man. You think say na that one go make God send angel Michael put your name for book of life abi. . . Last last you no go still enter heaven.

Somebody should mistakenly send 1m to my account abeg. I will mistakenly loss my Sim. . . cheesy

And tomorrow you would complain about your leaders and politicians, saying you want a better Nigeria.

I laugh in Japanese! grin grin grin grin

Nigerians truely deserve the kind of leaders they get because they are nothing but a reflection of the true nature of the very people they serve and represent
Re: Tobi Abikoye Returns N1m Mistakenly Transferred To Him, Had N369 In Account by Timtol(m): 2:25am On Sep 16, 2018
bixton:

Really.....
I'll try my luck and see
hmmm
I think that's for GTb cos I have never been able to go low on my UBA acct that around #300 or so so dont even pray to drop,my prayer is more work more money.
Lol kobo kobo must go oo full wealth must come.

1 Like

Re: Tobi Abikoye Returns N1m Mistakenly Transferred To Him, Had N369 In Account by Nobody: 4:24am On Sep 16, 2018
Kylekent59:

didn't you read below my last sentence ??

Sometimes it is good to digest a comment before commenting.
mature response...
Re: Tobi Abikoye Returns N1m Mistakenly Transferred To Him, Had N369 In Account by Caseless: 5:06am On Sep 16, 2018
Tamarapetty:
the people at your level are more corrupt than those in government you condemn every day.

1 Like

Re: Tobi Abikoye Returns N1m Mistakenly Transferred To Him, Had N369 In Account by gaby(m): 5:40am On Sep 16, 2018
This is arranged for some cheap popularity and attention. Isn't it obvious?
Re: Tobi Abikoye Returns N1m Mistakenly Transferred To Him, Had N369 In Account by gaby(m): 5:49am On Sep 16, 2018
Sabadon:
wat if I gang up with my friend,transfers money to his account den mks it public,my friend trends,he gets gifts,we share it hmmmm just thinking

This is close to, or exactly what's happening.

Trust Nigerians to abuse and try to make a living from any trending kinds of stuff.

Everyone will soon jump on the bandwagon of I found and returned so-so and so amount.

Cheap attention seeking lies up here.

1 Like

Re: Tobi Abikoye Returns N1m Mistakenly Transferred To Him, Had N369 In Account by Olajah81: 6:04am On Sep 16, 2018
Last last u no still make heaven...
U be mumu of the highest rank...
When u re broke call angel Michael from heaven to send u dollars...
Oponu.. Omo
I know by now ur wife will not be in peace with u..
Olosi eniyan
Re: Tobi Abikoye Returns N1m Mistakenly Transferred To Him, Had N369 In Account by princejenks(m): 6:06am On Sep 16, 2018
Tamarapetty:
you'd have to return it the hard way after the customer makes a complaint to his bank and investigations reveals it was paid into your account
Re: Tobi Abikoye Returns N1m Mistakenly Transferred To Him, Had N369 In Account by adecz: 6:16am On Sep 16, 2018
dazzlingd:

The money you are so excited about was someone's error and pains. Someone would have suffered for it. Nothing like bank's money, the staff that the error must balance one way or the other, it's no ones business.
May the pains of that person visit you in 100 folds you wicked soul.
Karma is a bitch, it may be you tomorrow who will do erroneous transfer of larger sum of money then you will know how it hurts

The illegal deductions on my
account na your sweat abi?

May you continue to sweat & never
enjoy the fruits of that smelly sweat.

Don't use your leprous fingers to
quote me again, you scallywags & nincompoop.
Re: Tobi Abikoye Returns N1m Mistakenly Transferred To Him, Had N369 In Account by otigbaa0709(m): 6:47am On Sep 16, 2018
The guy deserves some accolades

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pictures Of 13 Suspects Of UNIPORT Killings (Aluu4) / Thief Unable To Escape After Locking Himself In Victim's House In Akwa Ibom.PICS / A Lady Beheaded And Dropped In A Lagoon.(viewers Discretion )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.